Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Consciousness Without Brain Activity.

LightAngel

32 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I genuinely think the majority (if not all) of the big name contenders in the field are charlatans. Whereas the majority of the smaller less known individuals honestly do believe what their doing.

A typical rule is that it's typically the bad ones that always find their way to the top. That applies to anything, not just psychics and such.

I don't agree with that evaluation at all. Can you give some examples?

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Uri Geller.

Oh no you didn't!

Oh yes I did!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

*sigh*

I'll admit, when it comes to popular psychics, I honestly don't know because I haven't kept up with them. I can however give you numerous examples of fraudulent faith healers and others of that sort. With them I'm more experienced to answer.

I'm simply casually speaking in a general sense. I wasn't exactly positing any direct figures or statistics. And quite frankly given that I'm dealing with other issues on here atm, I don't really care to spend a bunch of time researching it all because I just don't care.

4 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

*sigh*

I'll admit, when it comes to popular psychics, I honestly don't know because I haven't kept up with them. I can however give you numerous examples of fraudulent faith healers and others of that sort. With them I'm more experienced to answer.

I'm simply casually speaking in a general sense. I wasn't exactly positing any direct figures or statistics. And quite frankly given that I'm dealing with other issues on here atm, I don't really care to spend a bunch of time researching it all because I just don't care.

And I was referring to ghost investigators in the comment you replied to if you had been following along! Not popular psychics!

58 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

And I was referring to ghost investigators in the comment you replied to if you had been following along! Not popular psychics!

Sorry, I was busy dealing with other stuff. My bad.

2 minutes ago, Wes4747 said:

Ok... Christian faith healer.. Couldnt read... Proclaimed by thousands to heal... Had a W in his name.... 

I shall return!

Is it Waldo!? :o Chya, good luck finding him... <_<

• Like 2

Just now, Aquila King said:

Is it Waldo!? :o Chya, good luck finding him... <_<

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_Wigglesworth 

this guy, read a book about him at 13 when i was investing in christianity. Only book he ever read was the bible if i recall correctly...

Considered cancer to be a spirit that could be cast out. Actually has cases reported of cancer supposedly being cured by his..... Well... Faith.

1 minute ago, Wes4747 said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_Wigglesworth 

this guy, read a book about him at 13 when i was investing in christianity. Only book he ever read was the bible if i recall correctly...

Considered cancer to be a spirit that could be cast out. Actually has cases reported of cancer supposedly being cured by his..... Well... Faith.

And that's why I want to take a metal bat to scam artist selling that bull.<_<

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

And that's why I want to take a metal bat to scam artist selling that bull.<_<

Well hes dead, so he probably wouldnt mind.

A knife however would be a different story, as he vowed no knife wielding surgical procedure would ever touch him in life or death.

Edited by Wes4747
our or hour oar ore so many options
  • Like 1

I know of Wigglesworth. Tell me, why do so many famous faith healing preachers have the silliest names? :huh: Peter Popoff, Marilyn Hickey; I mean seriously, and these aren't even stage names, thems for realz. :blink:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wes4747 said:

Just wow. I mean take them to the doc to ensure the wigglesworth was worth a wiggle! 

Faith shouldn't negate verification?! Hell, maybe faith shouldnt exist.

In my view, there's a science t the spiritual, that we've simply yet to fully understand. Faith however is not science, it is exactly what the skeptics say: wishful thinking.

I do think spiritual healing exists, however given the gravity of the situation in regards to medical practices, it should be thoroughly discovered, measured, and tested, before ever actually utilizing it. Medical practice is often times life and death, it isn't something to take lightly or to rely solely on a poorly understood whim.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

In my view, there's a science t the spiritual, that we've simply yet to fully understand. Faith however is not science, it is exactly what the skeptics say: wishful thinking.

I do think spiritual healing exists, however given the gravity of the situation in regards to medical practices, it should be thoroughly discovered, measured, and tested, before ever actually utilizing it. Medical practice is often times life and death, it isn't something to take lightly or to rely solely on a poorly understood whim.

I share your view. I do think it exists for my grandmother still swears to this day "god cured my heart disease". I would never have enough "faith" to take any chances with my child. 

Did the parents even care? No pics of the two boys pre mortem could be found?!

I share your view. I do think it exists for my grandmother still swears to this day "god cured my heart disease". I would never have enough "faith" to take any chances with my child. 

Unlike many other spiritual / psychic claims, this one is unfortunately the most dangerous to actually try testing. :hmm: Yet ironically if well-enough understood I believe it could also be the most beneficial of all abilities. And it's not like it isn't fully utilized in other areas of the world, it's mainly our western Materialistic mindset that prevents us from properly studying and utilizing this ability.

Here's the single greatest video I've ever found f a genuine spiritual healing being performed in China. On the left of the ultrasound is a still frame of a cancerous tumor in the bladder of a woman, and on the right of the ultrasound is a live feed of the cancerous tumor being 'healed' somehow miraculously through some sort of focused chant. These healings are real, if only we could learn to utilize them.

11 minutes ago, Wes4747 said:

Did the parents even care? No pics of the two boys pre mortem could be found?!

I honestly don't know. :unsure: I think they did care, they were just delusional. Not in the concept of spiritual healing, but in their insistence in doing something that they know not the proper mechanics of.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

Unlike many other spiritual / psychic claims, this one is unfortunately the most dangerous to actually try testing. :hmm: Yet ironically if well-enough understood I believe it could also be the most beneficial of all abilities. And it's not like it isn't fully utilized in other areas of the world, it's mainly our western Materialistic mindset that prevents us from properly studying and utilizing this ability.

Here's the single greatest video I've ever found f a genuine spiritual healing being performed in China. On the left of the ultrasound is a still frame of a cancerous tumor in the bladder of a woman, and on the right of the ultrasound is a live feed of the cancerous tumor being 'healed' somehow miraculously through some sort of focused chant. These healings are real, if only we could learn to utilize them.

I honestly don't know. :unsure: I think they did care, they were just delusional. Not in the concept of spiritual healing, but in their insistence in doing something that they know not the proper mechanics of.

I had forgotten about the chant healing. Hard to research the philosophy that goes into it or even the technique. 

But it does seem to work.

• Like 1

I had forgotten about the chant healing. Hard to research the philosophy that goes into it or even the technique. 

But it does seem to work.

As to how it works though, that's the big key problem... :hmm:

• Like 1

Just now, Aquila King said:

As to how it works though, that's the big key problem... :hmm:

Yeah thats why i gave up on it and i speculated there may have been a language barrier before it could be properly understood and studied here... However that lrobably wasnt the case... Dude, if i get cancer-aside from my usual treatments, there probably isnt any one else in the world who would get this-wanna go to the doc when i get hooked up to monitor the tumor and chant with me?:(

Outside looking in, if it works, its focused intent causing physical change... Perhaps the method isnt as important as the intent and quality of will of the "dr's"

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

E R R  M M  ....    it was disappearing and fading in and out  of resolution before they even started   hawum  sssahing  .      :huh:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wes4747 said:

Yeah thats why i gave up on it and i speculated there may have been a language barrier before it could be properly understood and studied here... However that lrobably wasnt the case... Dude, if i get cancer-aside from my usual treatments, there probably isnt any one else in the world who would get this-wanna go to the doc when i get hooked up to monitor the tumor and chant with me?:(

Outside looking in, if it works, its focused intent causing physical change... Perhaps the method isnt as important as the intent and quality of will of the "dr's"

Have some blushwood nuts instead

A single injection of the drug directly into melanoma models in the laboratory, as well as into cancers of the head, neck and colon in animals, destroyed the tumours long-term in more than 70% of cases, the study’s lead author, Dr Glen Boyle, said.

“In preclinical trials we injected it into our models and within five minutes, you see a purpling of the area that looks like a bruise,” Boyle, from the QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute said. “About 24 hours later, the tumour area goes black, a couple of days later you see a scab, and at around the 1.5 week mark, the scab falls off, leaving clean skin with no tumour there. The speed certainly surprised me.”

Researchers believe the drug triggers a cellular response which cuts off the blood supply to the tumour by opening it up.

“That’s why we see a bruise-like situation forming in the tumour,” Boyle said. “This seems to lead to an activation of the body’s own immune system which then comes in and cleans up the mess.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2785903/A-cancer-fighting-berry-tree-ONLY-grows-far-North-Queensland-human-trials-approved.html

• Like 3

1 minute ago, back to earth said:

Have some blushwood nuts instead

A single injection of the drug directly into melanoma models in the laboratory, as well as into cancers of the head, neck and colon in animals, destroyed the tumours long-term in more than 70% of cases, the study’s lead author, Dr Glen Boyle, said.

“In preclinical trials we injected it into our models and within five minutes, you see a purpling of the area that looks like a bruise,” Boyle, from the QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute said. “About 24 hours later, the tumour area goes black, a couple of days later you see a scab, and at around the 1.5 week mark, the scab falls off, leaving clean skin with no tumour there. The speed certainly surprised me.”

Researchers believe the drug triggers a cellular response which cuts off the blood supply to the tumour by opening it up.

“That’s why we see a bruise-like situation forming in the tumour,” Boyle said. “This seems to lead to an activation of the body’s own immune system which then comes in and cleans up the mess.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2785903/A-cancer-fighting-berry-tree-ONLY-grows-far-North-Queensland-human-trials-approved.html

If the chanting wont do it, im there.

3 minutes ago, back to earth said:

E R R  M M  ....    it was disappearing and fading in and out  of resolution before they even started   hawum  sssahing  .      :huh:

And it did so conveniently only with the tumor and exactly on cue. :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Wes4747 said:

I believe it's some sort of process by which we learn to consciously access and manipulate the energy involved in what doctors call the placebo effect. It's in turning what would otherwise be considered a subconscious process into a conscious tool one could utilize as they see fit.

Just my thoughts on it anyway...

Except placebos only treat the symptoms not the condition .

also , <  HInt  hint  > .... if something  IS  being faked , well , of course it happens   'on cue '  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

This faith healer talks reminds me of a Derren series I watched, where he went round debunking people (psychics etc). In one he was debunking this guy who says he has "xray vision" and can see whats wrong with people...Even "help" blind people see again by doing a course, which obviously, is a very expensive course.

• Like 1