Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

War is trully heart breaking .

Kismit

I have tried to avoid most stories about the war in a bid to avoid desensatisation.

However Today I read this story in the local paper and couldn't help but feel a terrible shame for the way things have turned out . This is honestly the saddest thing about any war .

KERBALA, Iraq, April 7 (Reuters) - When a young Iraqi boy stooped to pick up a rocket propelled grenade off the body of a dead paramilitary, U.S. Army Private Nick Boggs made a tough call.

The rest is HERE

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SpaceyKC

• Homer

• j6p

• Loco

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That truly was a heartbreaking story to read, but i felt both sympathy for the dead boy and also for the soldier who clearly had to make a huge decision about the threat of this young boy.

After all this is war and i think we all know well enough that Saddams followers, however young, are prepared to go to the most extreme to protect their leader (and probably in some cases forced to kill themselves) This young boy clearly was a threat to the soldier and however sad and upsetting this story is he clearly made the right choice based on his assumptions.

It is easy for us to have a say sat in our armchairs, but imagine actually being there and seeing exactly what the capabilities are of these people. God i can only imagine.

I don't want to sound uncaring for an innocent life, but we are there to liberate these people from a tyrant and as sad as it is there are going to be civilian casualties that is just part of war. Lets just hope that it is resolved sooner rather than later

The boy stooped to pick up the grenade, but was shot dead by Boggs.

that is a sad story.

heard about the boy that had his arms blown off? he says that he wants to be a doctor, but can't cos of no hands, and that if he does not get any he will commit suicide.

but I was thinking all day yesterday, if he has no hands, how can he commit suicide, cos he can't walk due to his legs being hurt also.

Those people who are sending out women and children to do their dirty work are nothing but cowards, I feel nothing but sadness for the death of that young boy.

that's very sad but i would shoot him too. every war has seen children get tied up in it like this. in the end of WWII, a lot of Germany's soldiers were just kids. you still had to shoot them though because they would kill you if you didn't kill them first.

i don't feel shame for it... i feel shame for the people who sent that child onto a battlefield knowing that he was just a child. children are impressionable and make deadly killers due to their nature. i watched a documentary about these boys in some African country who brutally murdered hundreds of people because they just weren't mature enough to understand what they were doing. the militias recruited boys for that very reason, because they were heartless, brutal, fearless killers.

whether that boy wouldve picked up that weapon and fired it at us or dragged it back to the Iraqis to use against us is beside the point, he had no business in that fight.

That was really nice, thanks j6p.

I had no idea children were being held

as prisoners. So nice to see they are

free now.

Thank you Spacey, I think it's better to look for the good things that will come out of this war. That sounds like an oxymoron, war & good things, used in the same sentence but it is true. It's like two different worlds the way the reporters that are imbeded with the troops and the talking heads at home are giving us the stories. The ones with the fighting troops see what it's like, I mean really like, and so far I trust their interpretation and not these goofs in the studios and the ones standing on the sidelines. Nite Spacey smile.gif

J6p thanks for that story certainly made me feel better too rolleyes.gif

I think that this war has been a huge eye opener to alot of people. We are for the first time seeing the effects of war from our armchairs, we have got 24 hour tv to show us what is happening out there. I have got so much respect for the journalists and their crews out on the front line with the soldiers risking their own lives to bring us the most upto date news possible. It must be a burden knowing that so many reporters have already been tragically killed, yet they still carry on bringing us reports.

We can still really only use our imaginations and the images we see to thinks about how it feels to be out there.

That sounds like an oxymoron, war & good things, used in the same sentence but it is true

The ones with the fighting troops see what it's like, I mean really like, and so far I trust their interpretation and not these goofs in the studios and the ones standing on the sidelines.  Nite Spacey smile.gif

that does seem like a contrast in words, but it's the reason

for this war, and I'm glad too that we can see all these positive

results of the battles.

I'm watching an attack right now, while the reporter was giving

his report. So scarey even watching it on tv. unsure.gif

btw, I hope you had a good night too j6p. smile.gif

I know this war is not over yet, but so far there has been extreme caution taken on the part of coalition forces to spare innocent lives. Coalition forces have even put themselves at greater risk because of this caution. It must also be realized that lives are actually saved by this war. Former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein has killed hundreds of thousands of his own people, and is ultimately responsible for the deaths of over a million during his reign of terror. Had this war not happened, then that reign of terror would continue.

As I said, this war is not over yet, and anything could happen before our inevitable triumph. But up to this point, this war has been executed brilliantly. To attack without any element of surprise, and because of Turkey, attacking from only one front, and in three weeks we are in downtown Baghdad. Adding to this, so far there is about 150 coalition deaths, as opposed to thousands of Iraqi military deaths, with thousands more surrendering without a fight, and tens of thousands more leaving their posts and joining the civilian population.

Although Baghdad is not yet secured, and Basra is in the mopping up stages, the coalition has destroyed the Baath Party, as well as any form of organized resistance, and the Iraqi people are welcoming us as the liberators we are. Truly remarkable military planning and execution, and will most likely go down in the history books as one of the most successful ever recorded.