Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Clearest Sign that we are in End Times is...

ellapenella

1 hour ago, and then said:

Right.  Because you don't believe in a god.  Pardon my mistake, it sounded like you were insulting a Creator, I guess it was just aimed at me or others who believe.  If that's the case then no harm no foul.

My point is this-people are shades of gray, and we are all from the same creator. 

I have hope in humanity because its all i know. I cant have faith in a god who would throw his creations away, or worse like eternal suffering and such.

I used to pity the sinners too sir, and even satan himself. All gods creations, all going to hell.

• Like 2

Well, back in the old old days, they do say that those good ones that are not believers gets to spend eternity in 'limbo' ... neither here nor there ...

~

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

The world isn't ending, but life as we know it might.

It's simply not sustainable, and we've caused a lot of damage, already.

To top it off, we have several hotheads in power and they have nukes. 

I don't even think life as we know it will end anytime soon.  I mean, there have been so many cataclysms throughout time, and life just keeps rolling along.  There's life in the bottom of the ocean where the pressure is so great it would flatten us out like a sheet of paper.  

PS.  I do agree we have impacted the planet negatively.  Plastic on remote and unihabited Pacific Islands proves it.  Still, nature's bigger than we are and she has a way of controlling things whether we like it or not.  

• Like 1

Edit to add-i am not attacking or insulting the believers, i take issue with the philosophy of the faith. 

I am not atheist actually, i am agnostic and will only accept gnostic revelations of the divine-however few they may be-vs any religious text. And those i will not share or testify. Perhaps they are only relevant to the experiencer.

I do however encourage secular study of all religions to anyone curious, not that it seems to matter. People will find something to follow, i would appreciate a less divisive, doom-filled world dominating religion with less faith and assumptions...

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Guyver said:

I don't even think life as we know it will end anytime soon.  I mean, there have been so many cataclysms throughout time, and life just keeps rolling along.  There's life in the bottom of the ocean where the pressure is so great it would flatten us out like a sheet of paper.  

PS.  I do agree we have impacted the planet negatively.  Plastic on remote and unihabited Pacific Islands proves it.  Still, nature's bigger than we are and she has a way of controlling things whether we like it or not.  

Well, there's where we differ. It has already ended for many people. Look at Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. 

That second thing is exactly why I'm correct. 

• Like 2

Christianity is such a drag! If you'll excuse me I'm going to go and live a life while you guys wait for the 'end times'.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Guyver said:

And?  What's your point?  You haven't said anything.  You said it was improper for the snake handlers to handle poisonous snakes because it is tempting the Lord God.  But the bible says this is exactly what believers will do.

See the issue?

It looks to me clear that scripture was speaking to the Apostles alone. They were also able to do other things which were miraculous in their lifetimes.

23 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

You have no idea what God says. You just have an old book that men wrote. 

I have more than that, I have faith, I feel hope and I wish everyone had what I have found.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, I'mConvinced said:

Christianity is such a drag! If you'll excuse me I'm going to go and live a life while you guys wait for the 'end times'.

No excusals necessary - rock on!  Just be mindful not to offend any Muslim neighbors :w00t:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, and then said:

No excusals necessary - rock on!  Just be mindful not to offend any Muslim neighbors :w00t:

WHy only the 'Muslims' ?

~

[00.02:05]

~

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dyna said:

It looks to me clear that scripture was speaking to the Apostles alone. They were also able to do other things which were miraculous in their lifetimes.

You must not have read the verse then.  The verse was actually clear that it WAS NOT speaking to the apostles.  But whatever.....I"m not surprised.  

PS.  Sorry if that post above sounded insulting, that's not positive.  What I maybe could have said more politely is that it seems very consistent that Christian people select their doctrines based upon their own tastes or church/pastor teachings rather than considering what the bible actually says about a certain issue - and I find this a little frustrating. 

12 hours ago, third_eye said:

WHy only the 'Muslims' ?

~

[00.02:05]

~

Just making the point that not all religions are as tolerant of being ignored, derided as Christianity.  

3 hours ago, Guyver said:

PS.  Sorry if that post above sounded insulting, that's not positive.  What I maybe could have said more politely is that it seems very consistent that Christian people select their doctrines based upon their own tastes or church/pastor teachings rather than considering what the bible actually says about a certain issue - and I find this a little frustrating. 

But might that mot be thought of as more desirable than blindly following the Holy Book, particularly since, as we have seen, very much of that Book was deliberately written in a metaphorical or allegorical way? mightn't it have been written in that way (and some of its principal figures expressed their teaching in those ways) to encourage people to think about what it was saying? Perhaps the myth of Noah and Genesis was never intended to be taken literally, but the whole thing was an allegory or parable, and those who wrote it intended that people would recognize it as such?

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Guyver said:

YOu seem to do the same. Most Churches are simply for recreation and income.

What is important is a little thing like obeying the laws that were put in our hearts. Love is the one that covers everything.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2017 at 5:26 AM, Dyna said:

I have more than that, I have faith, I feel hope and I wish everyone had what I have found.

Am happy for ya. I have found that too.. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/29/2017 at 7:16 PM, Timonthy said:

If god really did exist, he surely wouldn't allow you to quote and repost such a big slab of your own text!? Although apparently he works in mysterious ways...

Was just going to say that I'm working today so I'll need a little time to read, comprehend, and possibly reply to your previous reply to me.  

Ravi Zacharias  http://rzim.org/just-thinking/defending-christianity-in-a-secular-culture/

10 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

For 36 years, Zacharias has traveled the globe engaging atheists, defending Christianity on secular campuses, and proclaiming the truth through his daily and weekly radio broadcasts.

Unbelievers once revered the church and its teachings, but today they scorn them. 

http://rzim.org/just-thinking/defending-christianity-in-a-secular-culture/

36 years of proclaiming the 'truth' and yet 'today'  people scorn them.  Not very convincing is he? 

Maybe he should wake up to the truth...it is not what he is proclaiming.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Abrahamic religions are so obnoxious with their constant focus on the afterlife this, the end-times that. It's all doom, doom, doom, with nothing good. The end of the world being viewed as a good thing is both disgusting and incredibly selfish. It stems from middle-eastern mythologies (Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Baha'i) being world-denying, rather than world-affirming; with a belief set that puts far more stock into what happens after you die, they can't seem to care about anything that happens here on Earth, so much so that there are members of each religion actually welcoming the end-times. It's lunacy, plain and simple.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Podo said:

Abrahamic religions are so obnoxious with their constant focus on the afterlife this, the end-times that. It's all doom, doom, doom, with nothing good. The end of the world being viewed as a good thing is both disgusting and incredibly selfish. It stems from middle-eastern mythologies (Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Baha'i) being world-denying, rather than world-affirming; with a belief set that puts far more stock into what happens after you die, they can't seem to care about anything that happens here on Earth, so much so that there are members of each religion actually welcoming the end-times. It's lunacy, plain and simple.

And as history shows, these religions do not even wait for the end of the world to end the lives of many...they all have blood on their hands. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 0:11 PM, Ellapennella said:

Are you  mocking prophecy of Jesus?

Yep.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

- The threat of WW3 which would more an likely wipe the entire humanity from this universe.

- Mind control methods used by the entertainment industry and other authority figures 

- The appearance of aliens (without government cover ups)