Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Clearest Sign that we are in End Times is...

ellapenella

1 minute ago, Mystic Crusader said:

There is no commandment for thou shall honor thy children, just the parents. Abraham didn't die for his son, The Abrahamic God didn't die for Jesus. Your statement is fruitless in this particular argument.

Well, we know this much, before Jesus gave his followers the new commandment to love our brothers with a fatherly affection like he does, he humbly stooped to wash their dirty feet as if a servant.

And then, after doing all he could to keep his followers, with now clean feet, from joining him in his fate of being murdered, he went and died for his friends.

Love one another as I (Jesus, who was about to lay down his life at that very moment practically speaking) love you.

That's one hell of a commandment.

But we don't have to die, we only need to love.

And no, he didn't die "for our sins"

He died in spite of them, and instead died so he could present the truth of eternal life to all of us in an extremely dramatic, albeit unnecessary way.

So he turned it into lemonade then.

• Like 2

On 9/23/2017 at 6:04 AM, Ellapennella said:

The 10th chapter of Daniel speaks of what he saw in regards to Iran.

Yes he did and it does sound like it is speaking of Iran today but it’s as vague as Nostradamus.  Prophecy deals more with signs after the fact.  It is bona fides rather than signs to look for.  Signs occur all the time.  I especially like how the stars align with Virgo and how that is related to Revelation 12 and that it occurs during Rosh Hosanna.  This alignment has occurred 4 other times in the last thousand years.  And the last time for it to occur on this very day was 7000 years ago.  Can we assume that it occurred 5 times in the next thousand years prior?  Therefore, it has happened ten times since Christ.  Since we seem to still be here, even the day is nothing special.  If it were to have special meaning, then shouldn’t it have happened during the last Rosh Hosanna before the Crucifixion?

Prasch says picture this kind of scenario,  Greece is in Crisis, Italy and Rome are in disarrays sending Europe into a panic.Rome is in disarray sending Europe into panic, Greece is in crisis, Iran is becoming restless, and threatening western interest, the year: 430 B.C. 

Yes, I watched this clip.  It’s a good clip but I think Prasch makes too much of signs.  When is Europe not in crisis?  Some plague or ethnic cleansing (including genocide) ravages Europe at least once a century.

If you don't understand history, you will never understand prophecy. Understanding the future is understanding the past. Prasch an expert on this stated that the stage is absolutely being set for the events that will transpire in Daniel Chapter 10 and beyond, other passages also.

This is what I really liked about his interview, but he seems to ignore the past in that history repeats itself.  Prophecy will never be clear until the event happens.  A favorite prophecy of Nostradamus states that the C-ock will ruin the Camel.  In general it is saying that Europe will defeat an invasion by Islam.  There are some historical events that could fulfill this prophecy but with the current Hijrah ongoing, this is a sign of one more defeat.  But history tells us that there will be more barbarians at the gate.

In Isaiah 17,  there was no other historical fulfillment ever of the decimation  that is the obliteration of  Damascus, it's never happened, could this be it Prasch asks, possibly, but that one thing for sure,  that is,  that prophecy must be fulfilled, and it's never been fulfilled as yet, and it must take place before Jesus comes.

Because Damascus hasn’t been devastated yet is not a clear sign.  People thought that in 67 and then again in 73, that Damascus was going to be obliterated.  It never happened.  But who is going to lay waste Damascus today?  US?  Russia?  Iran?  Israel?  ISIS/Rebels?  There is no purpose to it.  However, Iran could launch a nuke at Israel and it falls short.  But I think that such an action will put Israel in alliance with Saudi Arabia/Sunnis to attack Iran.

He goes on to state that we have to understand that the Iranians have a strategic relationship with the Syrians, and that they have a lot to lose if the present regime falls from power, but it's a damned  if you do, damned if you don't situation in Syria for the following reason -(you can hear that following reason from stating at about  the 7 minute point  into this video that inspired this thread topic.) There's more he speaks about not just the church going apostate. I do believe everything will come full circle, or is coming full circle. I don't know how far the times are away, but I know what the parable of the fig tree meant.

The Iranians have been slowly building influence in the Sunni world.  They currently have strategic relationships not only with Syria but also Hezbollah, Hamas, Iraq, and Yemen.  ISIS has been a reaction to that.  It was perhaps not the best idea as it is turning into a doomsday machine of itself.  Need to remember that the Persia of Nebuchadnezzar’s time is not the same as Iran today, different religion, mindset, sensibilities, and motivations.  Because of that, Iran threatens the entire Arabian Peninsula, not just Israel.  If Iran strikes, it’ll probably be against Saudi Arabia and Israel will ally with the Sunnis.  The sunnis respect strength and all the years of fighting between Sunni and Jew will build a level of respect.  I don’t think that Israel will be in any rush to destroy the al-Haram ash-Sharif.  And the strange twist is that the Syriac Christians support the Alawite rulership.

4 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

The Iranians have been slowly building influence in the Sunni world.  They currently have strategic relationships not only with Syria but also Hezbollah, Hamas, Iraq, and Yemen.  ISIS has been a reaction to that.  It was perhaps not the best idea as it is turning into a doomsday machine of itself.

You sound as if you'd have rather preferred it if ISIS had been victorious. And i know this isn't politics, but the fact that Iran has been becoming more cordial with Iraq - something which would have been unbelievable during the days of Saddam - rather suggests that the whole U.S. policy for at least the last 15 years has backfired rather, hasn't it. :blush:

On 9/22/2017 at 11:55 PM, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

or simpl;y that the Buible was written by people to express the way they saw God, and that changed over time, not necessarily God himself? 

Yes.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Yes he did and it does sound like it is speaking of Iran today but it’s as vague as Nostradamus.  Prophecy deals more with signs after the fact.  It is bona fides rather than signs to look for.  Signs occur all the time.  I especially like how the stars align with Virgo and how that is related to Revelation 12 and that it occurs during Rosh Hosanna.  This alignment has occurred 4 other times in the last thousand years.  And the last time for it to occur on this very day was 7000 years ago.  Can we assume that it occurred 5 times in the next thousand years prior?  Therefore, it has happened ten times since Christ.  Since we seem to still be here, even the day is nothing special.  If it were to have special meaning, then shouldn’t it have happened during the last Rosh Hosanna before the Crucifixion?

I am still reading your post but I wanted to say real fast that it has not been fulfilled with I think Jupiter in the womb for a straight 9 months. You can check it. That's what makes this alignment so accurate to the 2000 year prophecy unlike I think the two other ones that were without the planet in the womb for 9 months. It only occurred two other times and neither were complete like this time.

I want to be clear that I never think of those things as being a day that the church will be taken up by God. I actually sense from my own understanding of the scriptures that we will go all the way through until the wrath is upon that form of judgement, when it occurs, how it occurs seems to be revealed in Matthew when Jesus said at that point I return. It seems to describe what some say sounds like what causes the sky to roll back like a scroll. I see that in the old testament Israel is  referred to as the woman.

Edited by Ellapennella

Yes, I watched this clip.  It’s a good clip but I think Prasch makes too much of signs.  When is Europe not in crisis?  Some plague or ethnic cleansing (including genocide) ravages Europe at least once a century.

Really? I take it that he does just the opposite of how you are taking it. The point he was making is that these things have always happened so before you claim a sign to actually be a fulfillment of prophecy other things have to be fulfilled as well. People can't just say everything is fulfilled without searching the scriptures to make certain that the other prophecies that were to occur before and after are validated. 

That is why some people are expertise in the area of prophecy. He is an expert in the area of prophecy.

Edited by Ellapennella

This is what I really liked about his interview, but he seems to ignore the past in that history repeats itself.  Prophecy will never be clear until the event happens.  A favorite prophecy of Nostradamus states that the C-ock will ruin the Camel.  In general it is saying that Europe will defeat an invasion by Islam.  There are some historical events that could fulfill this prophecy but with the current Hijrah ongoing, this is a sign of one more defeat.  But history tells us that there will be more barbarians at the gate.

Because Damascus hasn’t been devastated yet is not a clear sign.  People thought that in 67 and then again in 73, that Damascus was going to be obliterated.  It never happened.  But who is going to lay waste Damascus today?  US?  Russia?  Iran?  Israel?  ISIS/Rebels?  There is no purpose to it.  However, Iran could launch a nuke at Israel and it falls short.  But I think that such an action will put Israel in alliance with Saudi Arabia/Sunnis to attack Iran.

The Iranians have been slowly building influence in the Sunni world.  They currently have strategic relationships not only with Syria but also Hezbollah, Hamas, Iraq, and Yemen.  ISIS has been a reaction to that.  It was perhaps not the best idea as it is turning into a doomsday machine of itself.  Need to remember that the Persia of Nebuchadnezzar’s time is not the same as Iran today, different religion, mindset, sensibilities, and motivations.  Because of that, Iran threatens the entire Arabian Peninsula, not just Israel.  If Iran strikes, it’ll probably be against Saudi Arabia and Israel will ally with the Sunnis.  The sunnis respect strength and all the years of fighting between Sunni and Jew will build a level of respect.  I don’t think that Israel will be in any rush to destroy the al-Haram ash-Sharif.  And the strange twist is that the Syriac Christians support the Alawite rulership.

The 10th chapter of Daniel speaks of what he saw in regards to Iran. Prasch says picture this kind of scenario,  Greece is in Crisis, Italy and Rome are in disarrays sending Europe into a panic.Rome is in disarray sending Europe into panic, Greece is in crisis, Iran is becoming restless, and threatening western interest, the year: 430 B.C. 

He goes onto to say If you don't understand history, ( meaning all of us)you will never understand prophecy. Understanding the future is understanding the past. Prasch an expert on this stated that the stage is absolutely being set for the events that will transpire in Daniel Chapter 10 and beyond, other passages also.

In Isaiah 17,  there was no other historical fulfillment ever of the decimation  that is the obliteration of  Damascus, it's never happened, could this be it Prasch asks, possibly, but that one thing for sure,  that is,  that prophecy must be fulfilled, and it's never been fulfilled as yet, and it must take place before Jesus comes.

He goes on to state that we have to understand that the Iranians have a strategic relationship with the Syrians, and that they have a lot to lose if the present regime falls from power, but it's a damned  if you do, damned if you don't situation in Syria for the following reason -(you can hear that following reason from stating at about  the 7 minute point  into this video that inspired this thread topic.) There's more he speaks about not just the church going apostate. I do believe everything will come full circle, or is coming full circle. I don't know how far the times are away, but I know what the parable of the fig tree meant.

I reposted this again because I'm not  certain if you thought I was referring to you when it said if you don't understand history. The very beginning of it speaks about the ongoing threats which have been ongoing since when?

Edited by Ellapennella

I was reading about the gate this morning in regards to David.

https://www.bible.com/bible/463/2SA.19.9-15.nabre

Where is this town located? Is it a section of Damascus?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/02/12/world/middleeast/syria-civil-war-damage-maps.html

it looks devastated to me. where is it?

Edited by Ellapennella

19 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I understand this and I agree with you about the influence going on with them ,they need Syria right? So they can't let go and we can't allow for them to influence Syria because as you shared , the influence because of where the mindset is based in will only increase creating more danger.

eta

very bad deal made with them, very,very bad.

Edited by Ellapennella

On 9/23/2017 at 7:30 PM, and then said:

Wait, you actually believe he's the AC?  I loathe the "man" but even I don't think he's that evil.

No, I don’t actually believe that Obama is THE AC, there are others out there doing Satan’s bidding.  I have peered into this man’s soul and it is pure evil.  He is so evil that this disease has gripped this nation.  Even with him out of office, this sickness spreads.  Trump has been the method of isolating this sickness from the body yet it is fighting back.  It is highly virulent. 

He was supposed to rise from "the people of the prince that shall come".

Isn’t that’s how Obama is played up to be?  But he was too wrapped up in the Emperor’s new clothes that the people were an afterthought.  He couldn’t wait to impose new EOs that affected the people, even though EOs where meant to run the government more efficiently (not the people).  He was using EOs to usurp the Constitution.

Do you not believe that this is a person from Europe or an Islamic nation?  Those are the two commonly expected origins for him.  Some think he will be from one of the European nations that represent a new "Rome" or because he's also known as the Assyrian, he might be from a majority Islamic nation.

Firstly, isn’t the new “Rome”, considered to be America?  And two, his heritage is from Europe (mother’s side) and Islam (father’s side).  He fits the Herod the Great mold.

21 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

And the strange twist is that the Syriac Christians support the Alawite rulership.

Possibly because the bloodstained tyrant Assad was defending then against the headchopping barbarians of S. Arabia and their terrorist puppets, your loyal and faithful allies?

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker

2 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

I understand this and I agree with you about the influence going on with them ,they need Syria right? So they can't let go and we can't allow for them to influence Syria because as you shared , the influence because of where the mindset is based in will only increase creating more danger.

Yes, it's not as if Syria is standing up against the ultra-fundamentalist headchopping barbarians, the puppets of your trustworthy friends and allies in S. Arabia, no. Syria and Iran are the real danger. :rolleyes: 

1 hour ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Yes, it's not as if Syria is standing up against the ultra-fundamentalist headchopping barbarians, the puppets of your trustworthy friends and allies in S. Arabia, no. Syria and Iran are the real danger. :rolleyes: 

The real danger? I never felt that Syria was a danger to the world. I never felt that Russia was a threat to anyone anymore either. Something's changing in the world, I think it's a power struggle and has always been a power struggle since the beginning .  I can't pretend that if a nation with an ideology as the one mentioned is empowered in the mid east that that nation will not become as like what we see in North Korea. They remind me of one another, they make threats for America to give them money . I was wondering , is the leader in North Korea the last? If there is no family line left  what is the certainly that he will  end peacefully?

Edited by Ellapennella

23 hours ago, Dyna said:

Guess you are on a different planet earth maybe.Not sure what makes you think the planet is middle aged.

We have nearly killed the lungs of our planet and gutted it.

Well, let’s see.  The Earth is about 4.6 billion years old.  It’s estimated that the Sun will burn for another 5 Billion?  The math is quite simple.

We have not killed the lungs (whatever that is?) of our planet nor have we even come close to gutting it.  We’re not even a Type I civilization.  We just barely scratch the surface of the planet.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

You sound as if you'd have rather preferred it if ISIS had been victorious.

Actually, I would have preferred that ISIS had been victorious.  Not because I am any kind of fan of ISIS, but I think the dynamics of the problem would be simpler to deal with.  Now we have to deal with both.  ISIS is far from destroyed and Iran has infiltrated too far in to the Sunnis world.  It’ll just make a mess of everything.  It’ll enable a regional war that will incorporate nukes.

And i know this isn't politics,

Dealing with Gog and Magog is nothing but politics.  It’s part of the signs.

but the fact that Iran has been becoming more cordial with Iraq - something which would have been unbelievable during the days of Saddam –

And how long do you think that would have lasted?  Qusay was a pale heir apparent.  How long after he took over for his father would it have been before a rebel uprising in Iraq as you did in Syria?  And Qusay would have inherited WMD.

rather suggests that the whole U.S. policy for at least the last 15 years has backfired rather, hasn't it. 

It was much more recent.  Try the last eight.  If it weren’t for Obama pulling out, ISIS would not have been even a JV team.  Yemen and Iraq would be stable.  Assad might still have a whole country.  And Iran would not have nukes.

10 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

I reposted this again because I'm not  certain if you thought I was referring to you when it said if you don't understand history. The very beginning of it speaks about the ongoing threats which have been ongoing since when?

History (the understanding of it) is not what's at issue here.  In the beginning of the video, the pastor introduces the speaker as an end times prophecy bible expert.

There is no such thing as an end times bible prophecy expert who thinks that we are in the last days right now, since it is obvious that they are mistaken, and contriving their statements for other motivations.....or they are simply deceiving themselves.

THE central piece of end times prophecy is the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem, operating under the Mosaic Law of animal sacrifice.  Without this key piece, there is no end times.

So, in summation.....all of these people are mistaken and/or deceived and they are wasting their breath and whatever other energies they apply to this topic.  

If what I'm saying is something you disagree with; then you don't know the bible.  

• Like 1

On 9/22/2017 at 10:53 AM, Will Due said:

Why not? They crucified him the first time he came. Remember, they missed him.

"They" might do it again.

Jesus was explaining to the Pharisees of that generation that, in spite of their meticulous efforts, their mistaken understanding would not allow them to identify the Messiah’s first coming.

13 hours ago, Guyver said:

History (the understanding of it) is not what's at issue here.  In the beginning of the video, the pastor introduces the speaker as an end times prophecy bible expert.

There is no such thing as an end times bible prophecy expert who thinks that we are in the last days right now, since it is obvious that they are mistaken, and contriving their statements for other motivations.....or they are simply deceiving themselves.

THE central piece of end times prophecy is the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem, operating under the Mosaic Law of animal sacrifice.  Without this key piece, there is no end times.

So, in summation.....all of these people are mistaken and/or deceived and they are wasting their breath and whatever other energies they apply to this topic.  

If what I'm saying is something you disagree with; then you don't know the bible.  

can you share for me where exactly Prasch stated that a certain length of time is subject in biblical prophecy?  If your interpretation of end days concerning prophecy is assumed with a time and date that's not how prophecy in that matter works, I have not heard him suggest that.  Please point it out for me, I'm not seeing it. 

You're the same individual that follows me around and questions my love for Jesus so it is no surprise you will question what Jesus said about end times.  there will be signs that certain people will look into such as the individual you're speaking of. I noticed that his background of Mid east/Europe and America aides him in understanding the cultural  terms of literal  meaning. 

eta

I mentioned his background because it certainly helps in his field of expertise.

eta

430 B.C

That's what Prasch was stating in the beginning of that video about the time and length of these things that have been going on, since that long. Now as for understanding what bible  prophecy is,  you would have to want to learn what it is to understand it.

eta

one more thing, of course there are charlatans to avoid in this area - be not deceived is the very first thing Jesus said when  he was approached in private by his disciples as they sat and looked upon I think the view of the Temple. They asked him to tell them when the end days would be because they understood the prophecies throughout the holy books that they knew who he was and knew that there was a day prophesied yet to come and yet the Pharisee figures,not everyone, but most of them , they  didn't recognize Jesus . That too was prophesied maybe 500 years prior before he stood in front of them, in the midst of them. They knew him not.

Edited by Ellapennella

9 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

one more thing, of course there are charlatans to avoid in this area - be not deceived is the very first thing Jesus said when  he was approached in private by his disciples as they sat and looked upon I think the view of the Temple. They asked him to tell them when the end days would be because they understood the prophecies throughout the holy books that they knew who he was and knew that there was a day prophesied yet to come and yet the Pharisee figures,not everyone, but most of them , they  didn't recognize Jesus . That too was prophesied maybe 500 years prior before he stood in front of them, in the midst of them. They knew him not.

Anyone who thinks we are in the last days, and uses the bible to support this idea is a charlatan.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

can you share for me where exactly Prasch stated that a certain length of time is subject in biblical prophecy?  If your interpretation of end days concerning prophecy is assumed with a time and date that's not how prophecy in that matter works, I have not heard him suggest that.  Please point it out for me, I'm not seeing it. 

You're the same individual that follows me around and questions my love for Jesus so it is no surprise you will question what Jesus said about end times.  there will be signs that certain people will look into such as the individual you're speaking of. I noticed that his background of Mid east/Europe and America aides him in understanding the cultural  terms of literal  meaning. 

eta

I mentioned his background because it certainly helps in his field of expertise.

eta

430 B.C

That's what Prasch was stating in the beginning of that video about the time and length of these things that have been going on, since that long. Now as for understanding what bible  prophecy is,  you would have to want to learn what it is to understand it.

eta

Who should be bothered with all of this stuff? Why don't you look to your own affairs and just be prepared for your own doomsday? Whenever that will be?

I could care less whether doomsday is tomorrow or in a billion years time. All I care about is my own 'end of days', and whenever that will be, I will have to accept and go through it. I won't like it, of course, and it will take me by surprise when it comes, but I am as ready for it as I'll ever be.

I have no interest in when your end of days will come or anybody else's, or whether we all go together or not. Go look to your own affairs and your own relationship with God and let everyone else do likewise.

Edited by Ozymandias

15 hours ago, Guyver said:

Anyone who thinks we are in the last days, and uses the bible to support this idea is a charlatan.  

Then I'm a charlatan. ;)

16 hours ago, Guyver said:

I can understand being fearful of it. Whether one is using the bible or assuming that the hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanoes, and threats of attacks as maybe something that's indicating that there is probably trouble ahead. And whether one is using a religious book, or seeing a consistence trend of natural and cultural nasty situations, I would think very much, anyone would want it to not happen! 

Is it me, or does it seem there are some who want it to happen? It's not like, seeing signs and wonder if we all should get together to stop it. Even if it's in an intended multi-religious group prayer. Isn't the 'end times' a bad thing and something to avoid? 

If I'm going to put my belief system into this, there's no definite dependence on prophecy. (it entertains it, but as a heads up for action more than likely) There is a inner call (me spiritually) to make sure we all do things right. If life is so precious, (well from what I gather from various groups, I do think so don't get me wrong.) why welcome death? Why not feel something for those who will suffer what ever catastrophe is assumed to occur. My inner spirit wants there to be no 'end times'. Not as just a self preserving type of thing. Not as a thing, that makes me assumes some will think I'm damned. ( I don't believe in that anyways.) But as a considerate thought to preserve and keep safe everyone. What is so wrong about that? 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2017 at 11:23 AM, RavenHawk said:

We have not killed the lungs (whatever that is?)

Ha! Really? You don't know a lot about our planet then.

The lungs of our planet
The trees are our greatest source of oxygen. Using the energy from the sun, water and minerals, they convert CO2 into oxygen (O2) in a process called photosynthesis. The intense sun exposure that occurs around the equator helps produce trees that grow taller and faster than anywhere else on the planet. The trees in these forests are on average much older than trees found in areas of human habitation, and therefore the quality of air, and specifically the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere, is considerably lower. For these reasons, the rainforest is considered the "lungs of our planet '.

http://www.stnf.org/en/clean_air.html

• Like 1