Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Clearest Sign that we are in End Times is...

ellapenella

5 hours ago, Ogbin said:

Then I'm a charlatan. ;)

Yes.....as is the maker of this thread, and the guy who predicted the end of the world, or rather....backpeddled to the the beginning of the trib period.....even though you may not know it, or you may not intend it.  You are deceived by your religious associates, or church doctrines which are faulty.  I can show you why, and I hope this will be helpful.  

Use your bible concordance to search "abomination of desolation."  You will find that the tribulation period begins with this act.  It is the act of defiling the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem, and it is committed by the antichrist.  That's when tribulation begins.  Now for the logical deduction.....this is the part Christians don't have.

Since there is no temple, there can be no abomination of desolation.....therefore; there is no tribulation period (as per bible) in the world at this time, or for the foreseeable future.  Now, if the Jews build a temple in Jerusalem AND start offering animal sacrifices......then all you "doomsday" prophets can begin to scare everyone again.  

Fair enough?

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Guyver said:

defiling the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem, and it is committed by the antichrist

The rebuilding of the temple and use of it for many unholy things and tourist dollars could be the fulfillment of this.

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/51444/solomons-holy-temple-rebuilt-in-brazil-biblical-zionism/#lWePyZvfpbpDyK48.97

In Sao Paulo, Brazil, there is a remarkable sight: a full-size replica of Solomon’s Temple. Actually, the Templo de Salomão built by the Universal Church Kingdom of God is much larger – it is four times the size of the original, but precise in every other detail. It is impressive, giving a taste of the glory of the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem. The structure is a magnet for attention, though, admittedly, not all of it is positive.

Bishop Edir Macedo of the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God (UCKG) was inspired to begin this massive undertaking after he visited Israel, where he decided to bring a piece of the Holy Land to his congregation in Brazil. It took four years and a daunting $300 million, but he was finally successful in his vision of building a replica of Solomon’s Temple.

Architect and project designer Rogério Silva de Araújo explained that the measurements were taken directly from the Bible. “A cubit was the distance between the elbow and the fingertips—which corresponded to 18 inches or 52.4 centimeters,” he explained. “Based on this piece of information, it was possible to calculate that the house king Solomon built for the Lord was approximately 31.44 meters long, 10.48 meters wide and 15.72 meters high. Also in Haggai 2:9, it says, ‘The glory of this latter temple shall be greater.’ ”

Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/51444/solomons-holy-temple-rebuilt-in-brazil-biblical-zionism/#IMEp4VzkZHW8LpWq.99

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dyna said:

The rebuilding of the temple and use of it for many unholy things and tourist dollars could be the fulfillment of this.

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/51444/solomons-holy-temple-rebuilt-in-brazil-biblical-zionism/#lWePyZvfpbpDyK48.97

No, sorry.  Brazil does not cut the mustard.  The Temple of the Lord, spoken of in the scriptures, is located in Jerusalem.....and no other place.  

PS. 79:1 - "Your holy temple they have defiled; They have laid Jerusalem in heaps.

PS. 122 - " I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go into the house of theLord.” Our feet have been standing Within your gates, O Jerusalem! "

Is. 2:2 - 3  "Now it shall come to pass in the latter days That the mountain of the Lord’s house Shall be established on the top of the mountains, And shall be exalted above the hills; And all nations shall flow to it.Many people shall come and say, “Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, To the house of the God of Jacob; He will teach us His ways, And we shall walk in His paths.” For out of Zion shall go forth the law, And the word of the Lord from Jerusalem."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dyna said:

Bishop Edir Macedo of the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God

The Universal Church of the Kingdom of God sounds like one of those you can get appointed as Bishop of by paying $250 to a certain email address and in return you get a nice certificate you can frame and put on your wall showing that you're now a Bishop and you can build churches or temples and no doubt get a nice tax break for it. 

• Like 2

On 18/09/2017 at 10:53 PM, Ellapennella said:

The magnitude of deception in the church today among Born Again Christians

The end of religon hopefully...

I'm sure someone has said that already!?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Timonthy said:

The end of religon hopefully...

I'm sure someone has said that already!?

China has said that and I think , yes I'm almost certain  North Korea has also.

5 hours ago, Wes4747 said:

Clearest sign that we are in the end times??? Obviously

2017-09-28-03-27-31--1805346123.jpg

Obviously that's either a gag or the man has a medical problem thou I could  add  to that the balphmet statue  in Boston  along with the  art inside their temple which  depicts their fascination with bestiality and the anal. 

On 9/26/2017 at 6:49 PM, Guyver said:

Anyone who thinks we are in the last days, and uses the bible to support this idea is a charlatan.  

Truth is even if the bible had never mentioned any such thing about a day that God will judge you would be judging  something else in a negative fashion in reference of the bible   the way I see it is this you  are what you judge others of being.

eta  referencing this statement that is that you made.

Edited by Ellapennella

17 hours ago, Guyver said:

Yes.....as is the maker of this thread, and the guy who predicted the end of the world, or rather....backpeddled to the the beginning of the trib period.....even though you may not know it, or you may not intend it.  You are deceived by your religious associates, or church doctrines which are faulty.  I can show you why, and I hope this will be helpful.  

Use your bible concordance to search "abomination of desolation."  You will find that the tribulation period begins with this act.  It is the act of defiling the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem, and it is committed by the antichrist.  That's when tribulation begins.  Now for the logical deduction.....this is the part Christians don't have.

Since there is no temple, there can be no abomination of desolation.....therefore; there is no tribulation period (as per bible) in the world at this time, or for the foreseeable future.  Now, if the Jews build a temple in Jerusalem AND start offering animal sacrifices......then all you "doomsday" prophets can begin to scare everyone again.  

Fair enough?

see above post.

ETA

"So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel--let the reader understand

What was this abomination of desolation mentioned spoken by both Daniel and Jesus? Rather than one specific object event or person it could be seen as any deliberate attempt to mock and destroy God's presence. Daniels prediction came true in 168 B.C when Antiochus Epiphanes sacrificed a pig to Zeus on the sacred temple alter after destroying Jerusalem. In the end times the anti Christ will set up a statue to himself and order everyone to worship it. 2 Thessalonians 2:4  Revelation 13:14,15 these are abominations that mock God.

Jesus said before he returns the gospel of the kingdom the message of salvation would be preached throughout the world. This was the disciples mission and it's  still happening today. I don't think the timing is ours to understand or to know when but Jesus talked about the end times and finale judgement to show his followers the urgency of why.  There will always be that spirit that will try to prevent what  Jesus  said and gave.

Antiochus IV (175-164 BC), was the 8th ruler of the Seleucid empire. He gave himself the surname "Epiphanes" which means "the visible god" (that he and Jupiter were identical). He acted as though he really were Jupiter and the people called him "Epimanes" meaning "the madman". He was violently bitter against the Jews, and was determined to exterminate them and their religion. He devastated Jerusalem in 168 BC, defiled the Temple, offered a pig on its altar, erected an altar to Jupiter, prohibited Temple worship, forbade circumcision on pain of death, sold thousands of Jewish families into slavery, destroyed all copies of Scripture that could be found, and slaughtered everyone discovered in possession of such copies, and resorted to every conceivable torture to force Jews to renounce their religion. This led to the Maccabaean revolt, one of the most heroic feats in history.  The Antiochus bust discovery is important in the study of Biblical archaeology, it reveals an image of the man who was mentioned in the Book of Daniel.

A Little History

http://www.bible-history.com/archaeology/greece/2-antiochus-iv-bust-bb.html

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Obviously that's either a gag or the man has a medical problem thou I could  add  to that the balphmet statue  in Boston  along with the  art inside their temple which  depicts their fascination with bestiality and the anal. 

No.. I would wager he had a religious problem. As do some into bestiality and the "anal".

There are thousands more like him spouting end of the world non sense.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Guyver said:

No, sorry.  Brazil does not cut the mustard.  The Temple of the Lord, spoken of in the scriptures, is located in Jerusalem.....and no other place.  

PS. 79:1 - "Your holy temple they have defiled; They have laid Jerusalem in heaps.

PS. 122 - " I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go into the house of theLord.” Our feet have been standing Within your gates, O Jerusalem! "

Is. 2:2 - 3  "Now it shall come to pass in the latter days That the mountain of the Lord’s house Shall be established on the top of the mountains, And shall be exalted above the hills; And all nations shall flow to it.Many people shall come and say, “Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, To the house of the God of Jacob; He will teach us His ways, And we shall walk in His paths.” For out of Zion shall go forth the law, And the word of the Lord from Jerusalem."

I do think there is some meaning here, the going to Israel by Macedo the deciding to build the Temple at $300 million, with 4 years effort is a strange occurrence.Even the fact it is a thing called Universal Church of the Kingdom of God'

"One of the most prominent features of the temple is its large central altar. It features an exact replica of the Ark of the Covenant, built to the specifications described in the Book of Exodus. The structure is entirely covered in gold leaf. Behind the ark is the temple's baptistry, above the altar, is 100 square meters of gold stained glass windows, and an inscription "Holiness to the Lord"[8][10]"

The city of São Paulo, BrazilThe village - then called São Paulo dos Campos de Piratininga - was founded on a plateau between two rivers The Jesuit college of twelve priests included Manuel da Nóbrega and Spanish priest José de Anchieta

São Paulo (Portuguese for Saint Paul) is the capital of the state of São Paulo, Brazil. It is the biggest city in the Southern Hemisphere.

And this the man Macedo decided to do this. He owns 49% in a bank and has a criminal history, I would not doubt secret offerings on the rebuilt alter to Satan his real god. His name Edir Macedo is so like Har Megiddo. Megiddo "Megiddo is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Megiddo is: His precious fruit"

Macedo Name Meaning. Galician: habitational name from Macedo, a village in Lugo province, Galicia. Portuguese: topographic name from macedo 'apple grove', a derivative of maça 'apple'.

Fruit....

I have decided I will know when the time is here so why to worry, I will be patient, even Jesus did not know the exact time.

Then there is this

"1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defiles the temple of God, he shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are."

Edited by Dyna
add
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

China has said that and I think , yes I'm almost certain  North Korea has also.

But in all seriousness, maybe the people/person who wrote the Bible etc. we're like 'I'm sure they'll figure out that it's all bull some day, what do you reckon? Give them (however old you think the Bible is) years.?' 

Back then people needed something to make life make sense. Less people need that now. 

Well, most of the Bible isn't like that.  It's a lot of history, and has at least partially happened.  Whether it's biased or not.  Though, as some people want to debate against, it is a decent source to find out ancient history of a culture from a direct perspective.  It's not all myths.  Pretty sure it isn't to be taken that way, as the Jews are meticulous in keeping it exact.  Though books like Genesis are interesting, because some other culture's mythology seems to correlate with it. It's also kind of a system of laws to keep the society intact.

But otherwise, as with the temple debate.  I don't see why people don't consider the Dome of the Rock on the temple mount as an example of a new temple there.  Because, that's kind of a temple on the temple mount in Jerusalem right now.

41 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

But in all seriousness, maybe the people/person who wrote the Bible etc. we're like 'I'm sure they'll figure out that it's all bull some day, what do you reckon? Give them (however old you think the Bible is) years.?' 

Back then people needed something to make life make sense. Less people need that now. 

I'm thinking people are more than likely wimpier and whinier now than they were back then.

• Like 2

Just now, Mystic Crusader said:

I'm thinking people are more than likely wimpier and whinier now than they were back then.

Yeah, you're not wrong. Maybe it's a cycle!

Current belief systems will end spawning a new bible/s and god/s.

Don't get me wrong, I think the bible has fueled the sissification of mankind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timonthy said:

https://probe.org/the-dead-sea-scrolls/

7 hours ago, Dyna said:

I do think there is some meaning here, the going to Israel by Macedo the deciding to build the Temple at $300 million, with 4 years effort is a strange occurrence.Even the fact it is a thing called Universal Church of the Kingdom of God'

"One of the most prominent features of the temple is its large central altar. It features an exact replica of the Ark of the Covenant, built to the specifications described in the Book of Exodus. The structure is entirely covered in gold leaf. Behind the ark is the temple's baptistry, above the altar, is 100 square meters of gold stained glass windows, and an inscription "Holiness to the Lord"[8][10]"

You may have a point, and you certainly have brought up some interesting information.  But again, for me....I'm just going by what the bible says.  So, I've explained exactly why we are not in the last days, and this is based upon clear bible texts dealing with this issue.  So, in keeping with that line of thought, regarding the bible's definition of the house of the Lord, it is the temple in Jerusalem.

1 kings 9 - "And the Lord said to him: “I have heard your prayer and your supplication that you have made before Me; I have consecrated this house which you have built to put My name there forever, and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually."

2 Kings 24 - "He also built altars in the house of the Lord, of which the Lord had said, “In Jerusalem I will put My name.”

1 Chron 22 - "He shall build a house for My name, and he shall be My son, and I will be his Father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever.’

2 Chron 7 - "For now I have chosen and sanctified this house, that My name may be there forever; and My eyes and Myheart will be there perpetually."

Based on these and other scriptures like them.....it seems clear to me that the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem is the valid one, and another, built on a separate continent does not qualify.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

Truth is even if the bible had never mentioned any such thing about a day that God will judge you would be judging  something else in a negative fashion in reference of the bible   the way I see it is this you  are what you judge others of being.

eta  referencing this statement that is that you made.

I don't really know what you're talking about here.  I'm not concerned about God judging me.  I am referencing the last days.....and your claim that we are in it, and I'm demonstrating why I am fully convinced that you are incorrect about it.  Last days, according to the words of the bible mean the end of the world as we know it.  

Jesus said before he returns the gospel of the kingdom the message of salvation would be preached throughout the world. This was the disciples mission and it's  still happening today. I don't think the timing is ours to understand or to know when but Jesus talked about the end times and finale judgement to show his followers the urgency of why.  There will always be that spirit that will try to prevent what  Jesus  said and gave.

Colossians 1 - "We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you, since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of your love for all the saints; because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel, which has come to you, as it has also in all the world, 

Romans 1:8 - "First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world."

Colossians 1 - "if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister."

Bold for emphasis.  

Antiochus IV (175-164 BC), was the 8th ruler of the Seleucid empire. He gave himself the surname "Epiphanes" which means "the visible god" (that he and Jupiter were identical). He acted as though he really were Jupiter and the people called him "Epimanes" meaning "the madman". He was violently bitter against the Jews, and was determined to exterminate them and their religion. He devastated Jerusalem in 168 BC, defiled the Temple, offered a pig on its altar, erected an altar to Jupiter, prohibited Temple worship, forbade circumcision on pain of death, sold thousands of Jewish families into slavery, destroyed all copies of Scripture that could be found, and slaughtered everyone discovered in possession of such copies, and resorted to every conceivable torture to force Jews to renounce their religion. This led to the Maccabaean revolt, one of the most heroic feats in history.  The Antiochus bust discovery is important in the study of Biblical archaeology, it reveals an image of the man who was mentioned in the Book of Daniel.

A Little History

http://www.bible-history.com/archaeology/greece/2-antiochus-iv-bust-bb.html

Antiochus doesn't fit the prophesies Jesus gave though right?  He came before Jesus was born.  And, if Antiochus was the antichrist, and committed the abomination of desolation, then the world would have ended before Jesus ever lived.  Right?  So, while this is interesting.....I guess I don't see how it's relevant.  

46 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

Can you please elaborate?

Sorry, I was just pointing out that these scrolls are proof positive that very great care was taken over thousands of years to transmit the message of scripture accurately.  They've been studied for decades and have been found to have a 95% accuracy, word for word with the modern scriptures.  The 5% variation is primarily minor spelling differences.  Whether one believes in the God of the Bible or not, the consistency of its message is powerful and focused.  66 books, written by 40 authors over hundreds of years and the message points to the coming of Christ.  The New Testament's books point to the second coming of Christ.

I respect most of your posts and agree with many of them, Timonthy.  I just don't understand why a scientifically minded individual would reject ancient texts out of hand without making an effort to study them.  I freely admit that I am no scholar and often, I don't have a CLUE why the Creator designed the message as it is.  The irony, for me, is that though I am not anti-science at all, I am more willing to withhold judgment about the unfolding knowledge of our universe than people who hold science almost like a God.  Put differently, it amazes me that people of precise mind would imagine they can know with certainty that scripture isn't a valid message that has been encoded to be understood by many generations of different intellectual abilities.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, and then said:

Sorry, I was just pointing out that these scrolls are proof positive that very great care was taken over thousands of years to transmit the message of scripture accurately.  They've been studied for decades and have been found to have a 95% accuracy, word for word with the modern scriptures.  The 5% variation is primarily minor spelling differences.  Whether one believes in the God of the Bible or not, the consistency of its message is powerful and focused.  66 books, written by 40 authors over hundreds of years and the message points to the coming of Christ.  The New Testament's books point to the second coming of Christ.

I respect most of your posts and agree with many of them, Timonthy.  I just don't understand why a scientifically minded individual would reject ancient texts out of hand without making an effort to study them.  I freely admit that I am no scholar and often, I don't have a CLUE why the Creator designed the message as it is.  The irony, for me, is that though I am not anti-science at all, I am more willing to withhold judgment about the unfolding knowledge of our universe than people who hold science almost like a God.  Put differently, it amazes me that people of precise mind would imagine they can know with certainty that scripture isn't a valid message that has been encoded to be understood by many generations of different intellectual abilities.

Every culture has stories, some more glorious than others. It seems to be human nature and a very pivotal part of evolution of modern day humans.
I just don't see any evidence of, nor any need for the existence of a 'God' in any form.

I'm sure that most of the people throughout history heavily involved in religion sincerely believed, hence the power and focus, and that's fine.

I did go to a Catholic school, and have an auntie who is a nun, but no, I've never studied the bible (or any other religion) any more than fleeting passes when references have piqued my interest. So I'm not going to comment in any depth on that. But how many holy books are out there comparable to the consistency/power/focus of the bible?

IMO, sure there are good messages in the bible, but there's also a lot of BS. And I don't think it was truly divinely inspired, despite what the people at the time thought.

Edit: I haven't used my PC for UM in ages, thought I had deleted my signature ages ago (it's too big). My bad!!

Edited by Timonthy
Edit.
  • Like 1