Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
Ellapennella

Questions and Answers

99 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Lol.

Stubbly, I've never known you to not make sense. 

Well, I appreciate that. 

But, to go back to what I was asking you from your post, is that what you mean, that one needs to listen to God from inside of themselves? I would be very interested in your answer. :) I like your point of view of things, you know. :yes: 

2 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:
36 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

 

Are you saying that the Branch Dividians were claiming to be satanists and witches? If that is the case, no they weren't.

 

Try reading again only this time with understanding.

Huh? 

The reason I asked you the question, so you can answer, and then I would have some understanding of what you are trying to say. 

And what understanding? That seems to mean so many things. 

Ok, let's try this again. 

Are you telling me, that the Branch Davidians were claiming they are Satan and Witches? 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 minute ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

is that what you mean, that one needs to listen to God from inside of themselves?

Yeah, that's all it really is.

I mean, strip away everything, what you think you understand about God, the many stories you've heard about God, everything you've read in books that say things about him.

What's left is:

Damn it, I should have listened to that little faint voice in my head that said:

TURN RIGHT!   NOW!

But didn't. (Or did)

 

You add up all the religion, all the "I know what God is or isn't" and it absolutely doesn't mean a thing. Because whatever it is or isn't, something definitely happens in those moments when it's made clear which way to go.

Whether one believes something or not.

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the time we think about God as needing to hear or answer our prayer.

But actually it's the other way around. 

 

 

Edited by Will Due

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Most of the time we think about God as needing to hear our prayer.

But actually it's the other way around. 

 

 

It's both. I would think it's both, nice post Will Due.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Yeah, that's all it really is.

I mean, strip away everything, what you think you understand about God, the many stories you've heard about God, everything you've read in books that say things about him.

What's left is:

Damn it, I should have listened to that little faint voice in my head that said:

TURN RIGHT!   NOW!

But didn't. (Or did)

 

You add up all the religion, all the "I know what God is or isn't" and it absolutely doesn't mean a thing. Because whatever it is or isn't, something definitely happens in those moments when it's made clear which way to go.

Whether one believes something or not.

 

 

Sometimes, you just make me smile. :) 

I often feel that way, (but with my higher power) So, I wonder, if beliefs like mine, (and I think your's) can be just as possible, as those who uses texts to read from and try to just as adhere to. I'm not knocking the beliefs with texts, it's just not with mine. Though, could it be translated from a belief with text to a belief with inner messages. 

Maybe such things, like in the OP could have the same meaning, but different labels. :) 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Most of the time we think about God as needing to hear or answer our prayer.

But actually it's the other way around. 

 

 

What if it's both ways? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Sometimes, you just make me smile. :) 

I often feel that way, (but with my higher power) So, I wonder, if beliefs like mine, (and I think your's) can be just as possible, as those who uses texts to read from and try to just as adhere to. I'm not knocking the beliefs with texts, it's just not with mine. Though, could it be translated from a belief with text to a belief with inner messages. 

Maybe such things, like in the OP could have the same meaning, but different labels. :) 

Recently, I heard it expressed this way.

God doesn't do anything personally he can delegate to someone else. Like his Son. Like his Infinite Spirit.

But there's one thing he will never delegate. You.

Personality is the only thing that's not delegatable. (Is that a word?!!!) So he has reserved the joining of that part of the spirit of himself to you. To become you in his personality so you can become like him in yours.

So he has to be patient. Because it takes many bumps on the head, scrapes on the knee to learn to walk this way. Learn to walk our personality in his footsteps. Learn to walk without holding on to his leg.

I hope I'm not adding to the confusion. 

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Will Due said:

Recently, I heard it expressed this way.

God doesn't do anything personally he can delegate to someone else. Like his Son. Like his Infinite Spirit.

But there's one thing he will never delegate. You.

Personality is the only thing that's not delegatable. (Is that a word?!!!) So he has reserved the joining of that part of the spirit of himself to you. To become you in his personality so you can become like him in yours.

So he has to be patient. Because it takes many bumps on the head, scrapes on the knee to learn to walk this way. Learn to walk our personality in his footsteps. Learn to walk without holding on to his leg.

I hope I'm not adding to the confusion. 

You know, I wonder if there is something in our spirit, that translates things, ie" religious scripture and what anyone takes with them, it could probably help them and then help the message to help others. Do you  know what I mean? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

You know, I wonder if there is something in our spirit, that translates things, ie" religious scripture and what anyone takes with them, it could probably help them and then help the message to help others. Do you  know what I mean? 

Do I ever!

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Will Due said:
4 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

You know, I wonder if there is something in our spirit, that translates things, ie" religious scripture and what anyone takes with them, it could probably help them and then help the message to help others. Do you  know what I mean? 

Do I ever!

:)  :D 

I wonder, if our spirits could mesh together and seeing if our inner messages matches in tone and thought? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

:)  :D 

I wonder, if our spirits could mesh together and seeing if our inner messages matches in tone and thought? 

Do you mean our spirits like everyone's?

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Will Due said:
13 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

:)  :D 

I wonder, if our spirits could mesh together and seeing if our inner messages matches in tone and thought? 

Do you mean our spirits like everyone's?

Yeah, pretty much. :yes:  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Yeah, pretty much. :yes:  

 

I think this is true. I think this is what is meant by Oneness. That all are in harmony in tone and thought. Yes.

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Will Due said:
59 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Yeah, pretty much. :yes:  

 

I think this is true. I think this is what is meant by Oneness. That all are in harmony in tone and thought. Yes.

I had to contemplate this for a bit, after I read this. I really do feel this. Though, I see this in my belief, and always have felt it as some form of New Age type thinking. 

I often wonder, if our hearts, our inner spirits, the 'messages' mind you that you also mention, would they translate for all and better look at what has been written in what ever works in the religious sense, and get the same translation in the end? 

But on another note, I feel this oneness. Sorry Will, but I see it as something else than you do. Not knocking it, just saying it's different. :) 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

:)  :D 

I wonder, if our spirits could mesh together and seeing if our inner messages matches in tone and thought? 

For this reason is why I stated what i stated earlier about take it to wherever it belongs, please keep in mind that this is not the new age thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2017 at 3:58 PM, Ellapennella said:

Well, my first guess would be because of a lack of faith in God.

OR - it's all just made up.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Emma_Acid said:

OR - it's all just made up.

faith? faith  in God is just taking God at his word, why would anyone make that up? Unless you're questioning God's existence which would be non fitting with this thread topic. I guess I can post a topic for discussion if that's what you want to discuss. This topic,  in this thread is not for a  disbelief of God, it is a discussion based around biblical history in God's plan for mankind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

faith? faith  in God is just taking God at his word, why would anyone make that up? Unless you're questioning God's existence which would be non fitting with this thread topic. I guess I can post a topic for discussion if that's what you want to discuss. This topic,  in this thread is not for a  disbelief of God, it is a discussion based around biblical history in God's plan for mankind.

So this thread is nor open for discussion unless it strokes your ego? I didn't see that in the forum riles but I habe seen you injecting your opinions in other threads, and no one told you that you were not welcome to post.

As well you are posting video and linking material that you have deemed to have faith in and get agitatetd that anyone should question or try to discuss it if you don't approve of what is said.

Personally I find such limited perspectives a disservice to promoting an open an loving god, but then that is just a reflection of the individual right and I won't hold that against god

jmccr8

 

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

So this thread is nor open for discussion unless it strokes your ego? I didn't see that in the forum riles but I habe seen you injecting your opinions in other threads, and no one told you that you were not welcome to post.

As well you are posting video and linking material that you have deemed to have faith in and get agitatetd that anyone should question or try to discuss it if you don't approve of what is said.

Personally I find such limited perspectives a disservice to promoting an open an loving god, but then that is just a reflection of the individual right and I won't hold that against god

jmccr8

 

It's not about having an ego problem that I'm stating this is not the New Age section.

You may have seen my post in threads and if I were to not comply with the OP I was asked to comply and stay on topic.

I've learned and am learning how the forum works and I understand why there are designated sections of topics, it can create disorder and confusion in this topic if we certain individuals want to mix new age philosophies with biblical discussion, it just doesn't belong together, for this reason the need for separate sections in the forum are applied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

It's not about having an ego problem that I'm stating this is not the New Age section.

You may have seen my post in threads and if I were to not comply with the OP I was asked to comply and stay on topic.

I've learned and am learning how the forum works and I understand why there are designated sections of topics, it can create disorder and confusion in this topic if we certain individuals want to mix new age philosophies with biblical discussion, it just doesn't belong together, for this reason the need for separate sections in the forum are applied.

The purpose of the forum is to explore ideas and question our and each others perspectives, denying that aspect is biased and does not show a willingness to grow which is why most of us are here. This is not a dictatorship so the rules of the forun is friendly respectful discussion, if one sows sour grapes they get vinager not a deightful full bodied wine

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

The purpose of the forum is to explore ideas and question our and each others perspectives, denying that aspect is biased and does not show a willingness to grow which is why most of us are here. This is not a dictatorship so the rules of the forun is friendly respectful discussion, if one sows sour grapes they get vinager not a deightful full bodied wine

No, but this is a topic in this forum based and focused on biblical questions and answers around that video, it's that simple. If individuals are contributing noting but strife and hatred towards Christianity while disregarding  the topic , the topic will not be discussed at all. It's obvious what's going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

No, but this is a topic in this forum based and focused on biblical questions and answers around that video, it's that simple. If individuals are contributing noting but strife and hatred towards Christianity while disregarding  the topic , the topic will not be discussed at all. It's obvious what's going on.

And did not Christ himself according to the bible face people who opposed his views and did he deny them or embrace them? How do you see yourself in this light?

Do you think than you are greater than your teacher, a little humility might reflect differently on how people interpret your faith. Your actions are how people will react to what you are trying to put forward and this is still a open forum that we are all entitled to participate in. If you want a fruitful discussion then you should give what you demand.

jmccr8

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

And did not Christ himself according to the bible face people who opposed his views and did he deny them or embrace them? How do you see yourself in this light?

Do you think than you are greater than your teacher, a little humility might reflect differently on how people interpret your faith. Your actions are how people will react to what you are trying to put forward and this is still a open forum that we are all entitled to participate in. If you want a fruitful discussion then you should give what you demand.

jmccr8

All I am trying to do is have a discussion with others based in what this topic matter was posted about. If you or anyone feel the need to debate this thread topic, go ahead debate the thread topic. I suggest for you to read over the OP and or listen to the video so we can actually have either a discussion or a debate.

 

Edited by Ellapennella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

OR - it's all just made up.

Occam's razor at its finest :tu:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.