Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Trump Speech at 72nd U.N. assembly

ellapenella

18 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

What do mean what does that have to do with anything? You say a lot of things about America , just look at your own Nation, I think much of what is America's issues are because of individuals from your Nation.

jeez, so now we're blaming the Pilgrim Fathers for the intellectual, um, depth of recent Presidents ... ? :unsure: 

• Like 4

Could one of the admirers of Donald J. Trump explain how declaring that “if the US is threatened" - threatened mark you, not even attacked - "we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea" is anything other than the deranged ravings of a madman with pseudo-messianic delusions?

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 8

24 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Could one of the admirers of Donald J. Trump explain how declaring that “if the US is threatened" - threatened mark you, not even attacked - "we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea" is anything other than the deranged ravings of a madman with pseudo-messianic delusions?

I'm not particularly an admirer of Donald Trump.. but I'll have a stab at answering your question.

"Because.... Kim Jong un is a deranged raving madman with pseudo-messianic delusions, and needs slapping !"

The sooner NK ceases to exist in its current form, the safer the world will be. Go go Trump !! :P

43 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I'm not particularly an admirer of Donald Trump.. but I'll have a stab at answering your question.

"Because.... Kim Jong un is a deranged raving madman with pseudo-messianic delusions, and needs slapping !"

The sooner NK ceases to exist in its current form, the safer the world will be. Go go Trump !! :P

Yes, shall we ask South Korea or do they not really matter in this argument?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

jeez, so now we're blaming the Pilgrim Fathers for the intellectual, um, depth of recent Presidents ... ? :unsure: 

Somehow, I knew that you were going to go there.

eta

I don't really know if they are actually the true fathers of the founders, considered what  the Irish suffered.

But to add to topic is why I mentioned it, it's as if there are a select group of individuals that continue to want to force the world into a one world government and that group have always tried to take down America. I see this president as not complying with them and their ongoing process.

eta,a

Is there really any hope to be placed in the U.N ?

Edited by Ellapennella

7 hours ago, Aquila King said:

You seriously wanna talk down to me about indoctrination while basing your entire worldview on the words of your precious Urantia Book? :huh: Wasn't it you who stated in a separate thread that you literally would rather die than be open to other belief systems? And you seriously wanna lecture me about indoctrination?

Take a good long look in the mirror pal. The only indoctrinated one here is you.

Also, please stop with the ridiculously condescending remarks about my age. Age has nothing to do with whether or not my arguments are correct. if you're so confident in the efficacy of your own position, then get off my age and stick to the arguments themselves. Otherwise you're just pathetically committing a senseless ad hominem.

Lastly, there's no such thing as 'secular totalitarianism'. You just made that up. All the word 'secular' means is separate. Meaning separation of church and state. Totalitarianism on the other hand is the total power and authority of a government or regime, in other words absolute authoritarianism. They're two totally separate things.

Seriously, it takes approx. 2 seconds to look this up.

Think before spouting off nonsense with nothing to support it. Especially if your gonna talk down to people just cause their younger, Mr. high and mighty preacher man.

No worries AK. Fortunately most kids grow from being liberal minded, especially after having their own kids to become level headed enough to fend off the kind of over the top madness going on in the world today. Sometimes the elders let out a little more rope than perhaps they should have (electing Obama) thinking it will be alright.

But then, when the children take more rope than they were given, they often end up becoming entangled with it, like they are now, and end up hanging themselves.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Will Due said:

No worries AK. Fortunately most kids grow from being liberal minded, especially after having their own kids to become level headed enough to fend off the kind of over the top madness going on in the world today. Sometimes the elders let out a little more rope than perhaps they should have (electing Obama) thinking it will be alright.

But then, when the children take more rope than they were given, they often end up becoming entangled with it, like they are now, and end up hanging themselves.

There you go again with the age thing.

Attack my arguments and ignore my age. My age has nothing to do with my words.

For God sakes, I'm 24, I'm not even that young.

11 hours ago, Aquila King said:

A ruse for the left to take over the world... This is seriously the kind of nonsense one would find in a superhero comic. What do you think we are, literal super villains? :huh: I suppose you also think we rub our hands together and say 'mwu ha ha' before entering a voting booth.

Yes, totalitarianism, fascism, communism, are bad things. Why do you assume that global governance will ultimately be this?

This is just sheer paranoia with no basis in fact.

Actually by definition a government that rules the world would be totalitarian, as their would be no other choices allowed because if you had other choices then you wouldn't have only one government.  What joc said about total participation in capitalism is the only way to have a global system without repression.  May I suggest that you give a listen to some lectures by Milton Friedman, my personal favorite capitalist and Libertarian.  Although sometimes he is a bit further right leaning than I would prefer he really does a good job in explaining how free market capitalism with a minimum amount of government intervention would be the most peaceful and most widely prosperous system to live under (IMO)

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

There you go again with the age thing.

Attack my arguments and ignore my age. My age has nothing to do with my words.

In total agreement with you here

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

For God sakes, I'm 24, I'm not even that young.

But this part?  LOL!  Not trying to sound like the other guy but that is the last thing you'll say when you're even only 35 about a 24 year old which from my perspective you will still also lack a lot of experience and be pretty young.  Hell I know people that still call me young man and I just turned 53.

But of course your age does not negate your arguments or opinions which are notably shared by many people my own age and older.  You think for yourself so continue to do so.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, OverSword said:

In total agreement with you here

But this part?  LOL!  Not trying to sound like the other guy but that is the last thing you'll say when you're even only 35 about a 24 year old which from my perspective you will still also lack a lot of experience and be pretty young.  Hell I know people that still call me young man and I just turned 53.

But of course your age does not negate your arguments or opinions which are notably shared by many people my own age and older.  You think for yourself so continue to do so.

It's strange how from my perspective I at least feel so much older than I am. :lol: Most of my friends growing up were WAY older than me, so I guess that's what's helped contribute to it...

• Like 3

When childhood gets adulterated, age becomes a curse.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, OverSword said:

No, I did not say anything about anarchy.  Pay attention.  I said this list of free things is not free.  At a point in the very near future government spending will have no choice but to be drastically cut.  By unsustainable I mean nothing is free and we won't have the money to pay for it.  Why is that difficult to comprehend.  Welcome to the real world son.  It's already started, the fed announced yesterday that it will now eliminate the policy of quantitative easing implemented after the crash of 2008 so that the world's economy would not crash because of poor fiscal decisions made be the US government and US banks.  Now that these policies have run their course we will be expected to pay back the trillions we have borrowed.  Wrap your head around that and see if you can come to a logical conclusion to where government will get money to pay for all of this "free stuff".  Hint:  There won't be any money to pay for it.

Then maybe we should start by cutting the pay of the politicians including making them pay for their own effing healthcare when they can't even get any for the god damn public!.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, doctor wu said:

Then maybe we should start by cutting the pay of the politicians including making them pay for their own effing healthcare when they can't even get any for the god damn public!.

addtext_com_MTUyODA0NjI3NDc.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Aquila King said:

A ruse for the left to take over the world... This is seriously the kind of nonsense one would find in a superhero comic. What do you think we are, literal super villains? :huh: I suppose you also think we rub our hands together and say 'mwu ha ha' before entering a voting booth.

Yes, totalitarianism, fascism, communism, are bad things. Why do you assume that global governance will ultimately be this?

This is just sheer paranoia with no basis in fact.

And people think the left is paranoid,...? They obviously don't know any hard right wingers.

:lol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, doctor wu said:

I always thought that the way to solve the health care problem is to make Congress have the same access to it as regular citizens do. Think the same would work for social security also.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Amen brother........;)

In all seriousness I have known several close relatives who are 'conservatives'....two are now deceased from age, several are still alive   ......but all of them show(ed) classic right wing paranoia, they own(ed) guns,

had racial and bigoted aspects, and were far more likely to get into a fight and or cause arguments than others in the family. No this is not scientific, but it's true.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Hmm.. that is a blog article by a journalist (albeit one with a PhD in "neuroscience".. whatever THAT is... ), and one with a track record of making accusations about the mental state of both Donald Trump, and Trump supporters. 

He opens his blog article with a reference to a proper, peer-reviewed scientific article from 2012. In my opinion, he severely distorts the findings of this study in order to cast aspersions on the mentality of "Republicans". 

The 2012 scientific paper describes an experiment in which people where exposed to alternating 'unhappy' and 'happy' images. It suggests that people with right-wing political leanings tend to confront uncomfortable or threatening stimuli, whereas "left-wingers" tend to avoid these, and instead focus on reacting to "happy" stimuli. This is twisted into suggesting that Conservatives tend to be paranoid fear-mongerers. 

I have to say that I find the journalists article highly partial and scientifically flawed, and in light of his obvious bias against Donald Trump, both unconvincing and agenda-led. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

"Liberalism is driven by ignorance. That's why they rely on terrible, biased data."

...making blanket statements isn't as much fun as I thought it would be. Not sure why you keep doing it. Also not sure why you keep resurrecting memes from 10 years ago...they weren't funny or clever back then and that hasn't changed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark_Grey said:

"Liberalism is driven by ignorance. That's why they rely on terrible, biased data."

4 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. that is a blog article by a journalist (albeit one with a PhD in "neuroscience".. whatever THAT is... ), and one with a track record of making accusations about the mental state of both Donald Trump, and Trump supporters. 

He opens his blog article with a reference to a proper, peer-reviewed scientific article from 2012. In my opinion, he severely distorts the findings of this study in order to cast aspersions on the mentality of "Republicans". 

Case in point?

1 minute ago, doctor wu said:

Amen brother........;)

In all seriousness I have known several close relatives who are 'conservatives'....two are now deceased from age, several are still alive   ......but all of them show(ed) classic right wing paranoia, they own(ed) guns,

had racial and bigoted aspects, and were far more likely to get into a fight and or cause arguments than others in the family. No this is not scientific, but it's true.

It is true.

There's no real way to say this without it sounding incredibly insulting, but here goes...

People naturally fear that which they don't understand. This is why people are afraid of the dark, because they don't know what's out there in the pitch-black void. It's also why people are afraid of things like aliens or ghosts. It's because they don't understand them. And, what you don't understand is out of your control. That which we do understand is that which we can control. Such is the way of science. Through science, we come to understand more about the world around us, and the more we understand, the more we can manipulate it. Unfortunately fear also breeds hate. We hate what we fear. And this is why racism and other forms of hatred exist. Because of a bunch of stupid people who don't understand anything about anyone different then them, and so they're afraid of them, and so they hate them.

In other words, if we fear what we don't understand, and conservatives are driven primarily by fear, then that means there's a lot they don't understand.

To put it simply, they're afraid 'cause they're stupid. It's the same reason my pets are afraid to go to the vet, 'cause they don't understand what's happening to them. They can't help it. They just don't know.

Like I said, this is extremely insulting, but given the insulting and hateful BS the whole Trump movement's been spewing I don't really give a damn. They're just a stupid bunch of cowards. Nuff said.

16 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

The 2012 scientific paper describes an experiment in which people where exposed to alternating 'unhappy' and 'happy' images. It suggests that people with right-wing political leanings tend to confront uncomfortable or threatening stimuli, whereas "left-wingers" tend to avoid these, and instead focus on reacting to "happy" stimuli. This is twisted into suggesting that Conservatives tend to be paranoid fear-mongerers. 

I have to say that I find the journalists article highly partial and scientifically flawed, and in light of his obvious bias against Donald Trump, both unconvincing and agenda-led. 

Of course you don't accept it, because you don't like it. Any facts you don't like you simply shout 'fake news' and move on.

39 minutes ago, doctor wu said:

This right here :tu:

John McCain is a perfect example of what a hot mess we the people have allowed to rule over us for so many years...

His own personal crusade against Obamacare being un-American and unconstitutional was all a sham,and i know many Americans hold short memories but all the frenzy he whipped up should now be thrown back in his face by ALL Americans!...it was completely uncalled for by his own recent actions.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

...making blanket statements isn't as much fun as I thought it would be.

At least my blanket statement came with me citing a source. Were's yours?

16 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Not sure why you keep doing it. Also not sure why you keep resurrecting memes from 10 years ago...they weren't funny or clever back then and that hasn't changed.

Oh I'm so crushed. Sob sob.

Seriously, in order for me to be insulted by you, I'd have to first value your opinion. Which I don't.

16 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Case in point?

No case. No point. Just assertions. That's all you've got.