Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ellapenella

President Trump Speech at 72nd U.N. assembly

183 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Likely Guy
9 minutes ago, Wickian said:

And all it will cost you is the right to ethnic or national culture and independence of any kind.

Which is the right to remain exclusive. So you and A.K. agree in a sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wickian
3 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Which is the right to remain exclusive. So you and A.K. agree in a sense?

The end result(a united planetary government) isn't what I disagree with, its the path to get there.  If there was a way to get all nations to cooperate and agree to universal laws that don't contradict each other without assassinating the culture of many peoples or nations, then I wouldn't be against it.  Unfortunately human nature doesn't work that way.  There simply is not a way for us a race who have an "us vs them" mentality on an almost instinctual level to unite as a single homogeneous unit on a planetary scale without an equally large "them" to compare ourselves to.  The only other ways to unite us would be strict tyranny that would be constantly stamping out rebellions/protests or to water down every nation and ethnic group into a single race/culture.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
1 minute ago, Wickian said:

The end result(a united planetary government) isn't what I disagree with, its the path to get there.  If there was a way to get all nations to cooperate and agree to universal laws that don't contradict each other without assassinating the culture of many peoples or nations, then I wouldn't be against it.  Unfortunately human nature doesn't work that way.  There simply is not a way for us a race who have an "us vs them" mentality on an almost instinctual level to unite as a single homogeneous unit on a planetary scale without an equally large "them" to compare ourselves to.  The only other ways to unite us would be strict tyranny that would be constantly stamping out rebellions/protests or to water down every nation and ethnic group into a single race/culture.

I, for one, look forward to the day when differences of ethnicity and culture are shared and celebrated, universally.

I agree though, that I/you/we will probably never see that day.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle
5 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I, for one, look forward to the day when differences of ethnicity and culture are shared and celebrated, universally.

In reality, that is the way it is for most of us, at least where I live. The doom and gloom mostly comes from the media. It makes one wonder what their motive is.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing
37 minutes ago, Michelle said:

In reality, that is the way it is for most of us, at least where I live. The doom and gloom mostly comes from the media. It makes one wonder what their motive is.

Yeah it really is amazing how things are portrayed as "Americas problems" we always hear about...much less what our foreign friends are sold as American news and culture.

I NEVER witness the vast majority of HUGE American issues we see plastered all over our tv's,computers,news papers,ect. and i've criss crossed the country several times over the years.

The news wants us and everyone else to believe if an issue exists in LA California it is a NATIONWIDE issue and must be talked about endlessly until people in Atlanta Georgia get their California problems solved...

Sometimes when watching the news i feel like i am watching a very stupid movie! :wacko:

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnchorSteam
17 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

...

Sometimes when watching the news i feel like i am watching a very stupid movie! :wacko:

Then stop watching.

It actually does wonders for your Health.

 

I am listening to this speech as I type this, and I don't see any comments about Trump saying that in America, the people are soverign, and how he was sent to Washington by the people to empower THEM, not himself.

You could hear a pin drop, seems like most of the world still isn't ready for that sort of thing.

"We did not impose our way or life on the rest of the world", as indeed we had the power to do, and are accused of doing by people that HATE Democracy, freedom and think a MacDonald's is the same thing as an Army of occupation. :rolleyes:

 

He also called it right with North Korea and Iran... both nations regularly have mass-rallies sponsored and controlled by the Government shouting DEATH TO AMERICA, WE WILL DESTROY YOU , and the Left thinks Trumps words were "too dark"?

C'mon, opposition for it's own sake is looking pretty lame when it comes to this stage, don't you think?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing
4 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Then stop watching.

It actually does wonders for your Health.

 

I am listening to this speech as I type this, and I don't see any comments about Trump saying that in America, the people are soverign, and how he was sent to Washington by the people to empower THEM, not himself.

You could hear a pin drop, seems like most of the world still isn't ready for that sort of thing.

"We did not impose our way or life on the rest of the world", as indeed we had the power to do, and are accused of doing by people that HATE Democracy, freedom and think a MacDonald's is the same thing as an Army of occupation. :rolleyes:

 

He also called it right with North Korea and Iran... both nations regularly have mass-rallies sponsored and controlled by the Government shouting DEATH TO AMERICA, WE WILL DESTROY YOU , and the Left thinks Trumps words were "too dark"?

C'mon, opposition for it's own sake is looking pretty lame when it comes to this stage, don't you think?

Hard to get away from it man,if i'm not watching it,it is the first thing that pops up on my computer,if not on my computer i can't get to the sports page in the local paper without seeing TRUMP with a hysterical headline next to it,if not that you walk past 2 people in a store aisle you know nothing about talking TRUMP good or bad...

Pre Obama was simpler times...

The world went crazy adoring Obama and have went crazy downing Trump...this post isn't a pro so n so post,just saying it has become absolutely insane how the whole world us included tie everything into the US president!...EVERYTHING!

I'm in perfect health so i can handle it a lil bit here and there,watching others in complete panic and meltdown over nothing issues on either side can be "stupid" amusing in small doses when one actually knows what the reality on the ground is in real life...

Don't worry i'm not asking you to find me a safe space ;) :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome
11 hours ago, Aquila King said:

And as for the whole 'nothing is free' crap, yes, nothing is free. Except of course public parks, roads, bridges, our education system (K-12), police protection, military protection, social security protection, etc. etc. Yes they're all funded on taxpayer dollars and are therefore not technically 'free'. But they are provided by the government as free services paid for by tax payers.

Well, that's certainly how it seems to work regarding "defense" funding. They certainly seem to be able to conjure literally unlimited amounts out of nowhere. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome
8 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

Why do you say things like that? Are you in England?

what the heck might that have to do with anything? If you really aren't aware in whose interests nearly all American foreign policy is directed, you really ought to do some more looking around. 

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome
3 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

"We did not impose our way or life on the rest of the world", as indeed we had the power to do, and are accused of doing by people that HATE Democracy, freedom and think a MacDonald's is the same thing as an Army of occupation. :rolleyes:

So is he saying that it was a mistake to try to do so in Afghanisatan, Iraq and Libya, and to try very hard to do so in Syria, or that there was never really any serious wish to impose democracy and stuff on those countries, and that the claims to do so were just flannel, and once they'd been neutralized that was all that they were worried about?

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome

 

Quote

 

"Trump went on at great length about how America respects the sovereignty of every country and the people’s will of every country, and how the US, despite its overwhelming military power, never tries to impose its will on any country. What was the administration thinking, or can it think? What about Yugoslavia/Serbia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Egypt, Syria, Yemen, Pakistan, Crimea, Ukraine, Venezuela, Honduras, Ecuador, Bolivia, Brazil, Argentina, just to mention countries in the 21st century that have been subjected to US military attacks, government overthrows, and removals of political leaders who did not conform to US interests?

Is it respect for the sovereignty of countries to force them to support US sanctions against Iran, Russia, China, North Korea, Venezuela? Is it respect for the sovereignty of countries to impose sanctions on the countries? If this is not imposing Washington’s will on other countries, what is?

Is it respect for other countries to inform them that unless they do as they are told, “we will bomb you into the stone age”?"

 

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2017/09/19/54625/

And that's a very good point he brings up there: Trump's Administration, if you can call it that, has been openly coercing other countries, which the U.S. is not the government of, to do what Trump's Administration insists they should do regarding not trading with Vile, Evil and Foul countries such as N. Korea and Iran. In fact it's stolen, quite openly stolen millions of dollars ("Seizing assets", it's called) from business and banks that have been disobedient enough to trade with these vile regimes - and these businesses and banks aren't in these vile regimes themselves, these are in third party countries, some of them even Trump's America's supposed "allies". Trump is not the President of these countries, what right does he possibly have to order them about and steal from their businesses? "America respects the sovereignty of every country"? How could even Ella possibly be imaginative enough to explain that one away? 

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome

President Trump, basically, is the global gangster. "Do what we tell you, or else". The message is exactly the same whether it's to Foul and Evil Regimes or supposed "friends and allies". Can you people really continue to love a person like this? 

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
15 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

President Trump, basically, is the global gangster. "Do what we tell you, or else". The message is exactly the same whether it's to Foul and Evil Regimes or supposed "friends and allies". Can you people really continue to love a person like this? 

time for a little music clip intermission ... we all love the little rascal ... in our own ways ...

~

 

[00.03:42]

~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellapenella
6 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

what the heck might that have to do with anything? If you really aren't aware in whose interests nearly all American foreign policy is directed, you really ought to do some more looking around. 

What do mean what does that have to do with anything? You say a lot of things about America , just look at your own Nation, I think much of what is America's issues are because of individuals from your Nation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

President Trump, basically, is the global gangster. "Do what we tell you, or else". 

and that is exactly what it takes to deal with countries like iran and nk. trump came to power not because he is such a great guy, nor because Putin made sure he did, he is there because situation requires a guy like that. and the reason why such character was needed is because of 8 years of this.

Image result for obama bows

Related image

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toast
1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

....just look at your own Nation, I think much of what is America's issues are because of individuals from your Nation.

A few posts ago you asked Manfred if he is from England but he didnt answered your question so you dont know what nation he is from. Now you claim that a lot of  problems of the US are caused by people are who are from the same nation as Manfred.

Thats the trumpist`s "logic" par excellence.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
2 hours ago, aztek said:

and that is exactly what it takes to deal with countries like iran and nk. trump came to power not because he is such a great guy, nor because Putin made sure he did, he is there because situation requires a guy like that. and the reason why such character was needed is because of 8 years of this.

Related image

Powerful picture. You won't see Melania donning a hijab any time soon. Islamic nations, and NK to some extent, respect power - something die-hard Liberals just aren't grasping. There is a place for compassion and "killing with kindness", but there is also a place for violence. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAyMO

Although to be fair it may not be that hard to work out where Manfred von Dreidecker is from - given his location status. That said it is perm any one of 4 - though I suspect there's a bit of a dragon about him.

Also I am not really sure what Ella.. is getting at.

Quote

I think much of what is America's issues are because of individuals from your Nation

I blame the English for a lot of things, but I really can't see the connection to America's current issues.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doctor wu
16 hours ago, lightly said:

Globalization is a concept at this point...We should fear global corporitization more.

as always, the real power in this world is wealth...not politics.

Absolutely  correct and Baron Rothschild said as much 100 years ago when he said (paraphrasing here...). 'I don't care what political party or group is in office, give me control of the banks and I'll run the country.'

This is not about conservatives and liberals but about power which has always been in the  hands of the wealthy who wish to make as much money as possible off the backs of the middle class and poor while gaming the system.

Trump is a rich guy..ergo 'one of them'. He will never be for the people no matter how much BS  he throws out there for the people to swallow.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, doctor wu said:

 

Trump is a rich guy..ergo 'one of them'. He will never be for the people no matter how much BS  he throws out there for the people to swallow.

 

the best game warden is former poacher.  sure trump is rich, and he can be a lot richer if our economy picks up. which is good for people,  politicians otoh will be rich regardless, they are the ones trump, and others bribed to get things done, so they care a lot less for people.  

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doctor wu
39 minutes ago, aztek said:

the best game warden is former poacher.  sure trump is rich, and he can be a lot richer if our economy picks up. which is good for people,  politicians otoh will be rich regardless, they are the ones trump, and others bribed to get things done, so they care a lot less for people.  

I've got a better saying for you....in this case Trump is the proverbial 'fox guarding the hen house'. Sure all of the politicians are in it for self gain and sometimes they even do something for the people while they are lining their pockets. But imho this man simply isn't interested in helping anyone but himself...and his rich friends. You might like his conservative politics (though he was a Dem before...) but don't think for a minute that will translate into helping the middle class no matter what BS he spews.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, doctor wu said:

 But imho this man simply isn't interested in helping anyone but himself...and his rich friends. 

yes, and if while doing it he picks up economy, and creates jobs, i could not care less how rich he gets. he needs people work for him to make him rich, people working is the keyword

it is petty simple, we either give him a chance, or have 8 more years of Obama, with Hillary, bringing millions of illegals, overregulating industry out of buissnes.....etc...

with him there is a tiny hope of light at the end of a tunnel, with her definite darkens. what would you pick?

Edited by aztek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
On 9/20/2017 at 11:38 AM, Aquila King said:

And as for the whole 'nothing is free' crap, yes, nothing is free. Except of course public parks, roads, bridges, our education system (K-12), police protection, military protection, social security protection, etc. etc. Yes they're all funded on taxpayer dollars and are therefore not technically 'free'. But they are provided by the government as free services paid for by tax payers. Therefore I simply ask, if the government provides these things, why not free universal healthcare coverage? Why not free public college? etc. And don't give me this whole 'can't afford it' ****. Other countries have exactly what I'm talking about and have had it for years, and they haven't suddenly gone bankrupt. In fact their economies are booming.

You have GOT to be KIDDING?!?!?!?!?!  Nothing is free.  Not those things that you mention especially.  Did you know that every year our government spends around 75% of the total income of all of it's citizens?  That's why we are TRILLIONS of dollars in debt.  At some point that will be paid back and then what's going to happen to all of that supposedly free stuff you listed?  This imaginary list of free things is unsustainable and that is going to be slammed home in very harsh way soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquila King
1 minute ago, OverSword said:

You have GOT to be KIDDING?!?!?!?!?!  Nothing is free.  Not those things that you mention especially.  Did you know that every year our government spends around 75% of the total income of all of it's citizens?  That's why we are TRILLIONS of dollars in debt.  At some point that will be paid back and then what's going to happen to all of that supposedly free stuff you listed?  This imaginary list of free things is unsustainable and that is going to be slammed home in very harsh way soon.

It sounds to me as if you support total anarchy, given the list I gave.

Are you seriously suggesting we eliminate all military and police spending because it's 'unsustainable'?

If things are truly as bad as you claim then please enlighten me, what's your solution to this supposed problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
23 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

It sounds to me as if you support total anarchy, given the list I gave.

Are you seriously suggesting we eliminate all military and police spending because it's 'unsustainable'?

If things are truly as bad as you claim then please enlighten me, what's your solution to this supposed problem?

No, I did not say anything about anarchy.  Pay attention.  I said this list of free things is not free.  At a point in the very near future government spending will have no choice but to be drastically cut.  By unsustainable I mean nothing is free and we won't have the money to pay for it.  Why is that difficult to comprehend.  Welcome to the real world son.  It's already started, the fed announced yesterday that it will now eliminate the policy of quantitative easing implemented after the crash of 2008 so that the world's economy would not crash because of poor fiscal decisions made be the US government and US banks.  Now that these policies have run their course we will be expected to pay back the trillions we have borrowed.  Wrap your head around that and see if you can come to a logical conclusion to where government will get money to pay for all of this "free stuff".  Hint:  There won't be any money to pay for it.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.