Jump to content
Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Tony555

Unexplained Healing

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Tony555

Right. Hello. Yesterday,  I was struck on my lower lip by an eighth inch thick one pound plate of broken window glass. Pain was there, minor bleeding, lip split, but I wasn't about to report an injury on the job, unless it was far more serious. Two hours later, home...shower...dry...mirror, the laceration is gone, but I know what I saw right after I was cut, I saw my reflection. Gone? No laceration, no blood clot, no nothing. I know I heal fast, but this is... impossible. Anyone else heal, same day? Like it never happened. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
toast
10 minutes ago, Tony555 said:

Anyone else heal, same day? Like it never happened. 

Nobody. Even not you.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryu

It is possible that either your injury was not as bad as you once assumed OR you simply did not see the laceration because either the mirror was cloudy/steamed or did not look close enough.

Either way no one has a laceration of any sort that just heals in just a couple of hours so...sorry, I'm not really buying this story.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
1 hour ago, Tony555 said:

Right. Hello. Yesterday,  I was struck on my lower lip by an eighth inch thick one pound plate of broken window glass. Pain was there, minor bleeding, lip split, but I wasn't about to report an injury on the job, unless it was far more serious. Two hours later, home...shower...dry...mirror, the laceration is gone, but I know what I saw right after I was cut, I saw my reflection. Gone? No laceration, no blood clot, no nothing. I know I heal fast, but this is... impossible. Anyone else heal, same day? Like it never happened. 

just another story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs

Same here I'm afraid - it's a cool story bro.  Beyond that, if it was reported as a work-related injury and you can show us a scan of the documentation or your dated doctor's report, and then dated images to show the healing, you might have something.  Other than that.. lips and tongues do heal a bit quicker than other body parts - very good blood flows etc..  I'm not a doctor/physiologist/biologist, but I'm pretty sure that can be found on the web, and yet it's also ... true!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aka CAT
On September 20, 2017 at 5:16 PM, Tony555 said:

Right. Hello. Yesterday,  I was struck on my lower lip by an eighth inch thick one pound plate of broken window glass. Pain was there, minor bleeding, lip split, but I wasn't about to report an injury on the job, unless it was far more serious. Two hours later, home...shower...dry...mirror, the laceration is gone, but I know what I saw right after I was cut, I saw my reflection. Gone? No laceration, no blood clot, no nothing. I know I heal fast, but this is... impossible. Anyone else heal, same day? Like it never happened. 

Welcome, Tony.

No laceration of mine has disappeared in a day.  There have been a couple of times that I had symptoms of incurable conditions that, thankfully, soon vanished altogether.  Those weren't the least explicable of my experiences.  So, while I could think of a couple more reasons why you might have been mistaken, my grounds for believing in miracles will leave to your certainty any leap of faith.  

0:-) MGby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Redefining Success

I've often suffered cuts and within an hour or two, the skin has binded together, pull it hard enough and the wound reopens.

Could put it down to the antibacterial properties of saliva which has cleaned the wound and the natural ability for flesh to bind. 

It will still be there regardless.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Redefining Success

And you should of reported the injury on the job! 

Your eyes are only a few inches away, what if a piece was thin enough and entered your mouth? 

Nothing to be ashamed of by suffering a minor injury and reporting it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aka CAT
1 hour ago, Redefining Success said:

I've often suffered cuts and within an hour or two, the skin has binded together, pull it hard enough and the wound reopens[...]

There's a difference between paper and an "an eighth inch thick" piece of glass.

1 hour ago, Redefining Success said:

And you should of reported the injury on the job! 

Your eyes are only a few inches away, what if a piece was thin enough and entered your mouth? 

Nothing to be ashamed of by suffering a minor injury and reporting it. 

Though Tony has reasons for his not wanting to be perceived a 'high risk' worker, you make a good point.  

Not invincible, he should either exercise greater care at work or find less hazardous employment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldrover

It's because it's your lip. It's perfectly normal. Lips heal very quickly, and have a large blood supply, so they bleed a lot more, They're also not very well keretanised. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.