Jump to content
Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
gracierose

Tapping noises following me

20 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

gracierose

A week ago or so I got home from work and stayed in my car for a couple minutes. I saw something out of the corner of my eye, look up and see something run of my porch and it disappears. Then I hear two bangs on the front of my car a second later. The past two nights something has been tapping on my window and tonight As I got up to leave my room the tapping quickened. What is going on I'm so freaked out?? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Wes4747
10 minutes ago, gracierose said:

A week ago or so I got home from work and stayed in my car for a couple minutes. I saw something out of the corner of my eye, look up and see something run of my porch and it disappears. Then I hear two bangs on the front of my car a second later. The past two nights something has been tapping on my window and tonight As I got up to leave my room the tapping quickened. What is going on I'm so freaked out?? 

Yup, that would creep me out. Stay safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh

What did you see?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam

Squirrel? Rat? Cat? 

As asked already, what did you see? Was it small and furry looking, very fast moving? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gracierose
2 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

What did you see?

like a blurry, black outline of a person. I saw it out of the corner of my eye, then I looked towards toward it, it started running towards my car, disappeared and then I heard the two bangs on my car. As soon as it happened I turn the lights on my car on and nothing was infront of it. So I got out to check if anything was there and there wasnt. Adding to that, about a month ago till this day, at night time I would always get such a weird feeling like the energy was off if I would go passed the room that was connected to my front porch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gracierose
2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Squirrel? Rat? Cat? 

As asked already, what did you see? Was it small and furry looking, very fast moving? 

I saw like a blurry, black outline of a person. I saw it out of the corner of my eye, then I looked towards toward it, it started running towards my car, disappeared and then I heard the two bangs on my car. As soon as it happened I turn the lights on my car on and nothing was infront of it. So I got out to check if anything was there and there wasnt. Adding to that, about a month ago till this day, at night time I would always get such a weird feeling like the energy was off if I would go passed the room that was connected to my front porch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nostrodumbass

The corner of the eye is the least reliable area of our vision, so there is that. Also a car tends to cool down after driving and this can cause contraction of the parts causing noises. The rest could be our imaginations and confirmation bias exaggerating situations. Not saying there is not something fishy happening, just saying sometimes its good to stay logical. Hope you figure it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
8 hours ago, gracierose said:

A week ago or so I got home from work and stayed in my car for a couple minutes. I saw something out of the corner of my eye, look up and see something run of my porch and it disappears. Then I hear two bangs on the front of my car a second later. The past two nights something has been tapping on my window and tonight As I got up to leave my room the tapping quickened. What is going on I'm so freaked out?? 

Of course no one from this distance can say for sure what is going on. It sounds like it could be an active super-physical entity. Any other strange things or history going on with yourself or your environment? It may be that it can freak you out but not do you any harm. Do not assume an entity is malicious.

Are you stressed and could it be an overactive imagination?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
4 hours ago, gracierose said:

I saw like a blurry, black outline of a person. I saw it out of the corner of my eye, then I looked towards toward it, it started running towards my car, disappeared and then I heard the two bangs on my car. As soon as it happened I turn the lights on my car on and nothing was infront of it. So I got out to check if anything was there and there wasnt. Adding to that, about a month ago till this day, at night time I would always get such a weird feeling like the energy was off if I would go passed the room that was connected to my front porch.

I saw your further posts after my initial post to you. It sounds to me like you are describing the commonly reported Shadow Figure class of apparitions. I have heard more than enough to believe these are sometimes something real and more than people's imaginations. I would just suggest not panicking, stay calm and wait and see if anything further develops and then go from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gracierose
4 hours ago, Nostrodumbass said:

The corner of the eye is the least reliable area of our vision, so there is that. Also a car tends to cool down after driving and this can cause contraction of the parts causing noises. The rest could be our imaginations and confirmation bias exaggerating situations. Not saying there is not something fishy happening, just saying sometimes its good to stay logical. Hope you figure it out. 

Yeah which is why I turned to look at whatever I saw, and instead of it dissapearing right away it didn't. And the bangs sounded like someone knocking really hard on the front of my car not a noise it would make on its own. I tried to to tell myself it was nothing but now something's tapping on my window where there's no trees nearby, branches, plants anything that could be doing it. 

 

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Of course no one from this distance can say for sure what is going on. It sounds like it could be an active super-physical entity. Any other strange things or history going on with yourself or your environment? It may be that it can freak you out but not do you any harm. Do not assume an entity is malicious.

Are you stressed and could it be an overactive imagination?

Maybe half a year ago, I had something come up to me at night while I was getting a drink , it like ran up and then I just heard all this breathing in my right ear. It was the scariest thing as no one was down stairs except my dog who got up and left as soon as the happened. Another thing, I could walk into my room and I would get this feeling like I shouldn't sleep in there that night, and if I did anyways I'd always get a terrible nightmare and wake up covered in sweat, happened one time for a week.So I've had little things happen over the few years I've lived in this house. 

No not stressed out, i thought of that as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
6 hours ago, gracierose said:

,it started running towards my car,

 

6 hours ago, gracierose said:

As soon as it happened I turn the lights on my car on and nothing was infront of it. So I got out to check if anything was there and there wasnt

You missed all this out of your op.

Sorry, ad libbing when questioned is not something i can be assed with.

You have to include the important bits in the op, not add bits on later to try and confirm your ideas. 

It makes it sound as if you are making it up as you get questioned.....you got to see this from the side of people who look for logical explanations to help you, in future, include the main bits first and not after questioned.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
33 minutes ago, gracierose said:

Yeah which is why I turned to look at whatever I saw, and instead of it dissapearing right away it didn't. And the bangs sounded like someone knocking really hard on the front of my car not a noise it would make on its own. I tried to to tell myself it was nothing but now something's tapping on my window where there's no trees nearby, branches, plants anything that could be doing it. 

 

Maybe half a year ago, I had something come up to me at night while I was getting a drink , it like ran up and then I just heard all this breathing in my right ear. It was the scariest thing as no one was down stairs except my dog who got up and left as soon as the happened. Another thing, I could walk into my room and I would get this feeling like I shouldn't sleep in there that night, and if I did anyways I'd always get a terrible nightmare and wake up covered in sweat, happened one time for a week.So I've had little things happen over the few years I've lived in this house. 

No not stressed out, i thought of that as well.

You seem pretty level-headed about all this to me. Some people go overboard in frantic mode and some overboard in denial mode. Such things have happened a million times probably in human history. I feel certain we share this universe with other realms.

Edited by papageorge1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
10 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You seem pretty level-headed about all this to me. Some people go overboard in frantic mode and some overboard in denial mode. Such things have happened a million times probably in human history. I feel certain we share this universe with other realms.

Things like what, banging on cars? How long do you think cars have been around for? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
19 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Things like what, banging on cars? How long do you think cars have been around for? 

 

I was of course referring to so-called rapping/banging/tapping activity in general. Yes, that predates cars.

Edited by papageorge1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

I was of course referring to so-called rapping/banging/tapping activity in general.

 

Quote

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gracierose
1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

 

You missed all this out of your op.

Sorry, ad libbing when questioned is not something i can be assed with.

You have to include the important bits in the op, not add bits on later to try and confirm your ideas. 

It makes it sound as if you are making it up as you get questioned.....you got to see this from the side of people who look for logical explanations to help you, in future, include the main bits first and not after questioned.

 

Not making anything up, just made this account last night when the tapping on my window occurred and just summarized what happened quickly to get opinions. Thanks for your input though

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
1 minute ago, gracierose said:

Not making anything up, just made this account last night when the tapping on my window occurred and just summarized what happened quickly to get opinions. Thanks for your input though

The tapping could easily be a small rodent or bird...especially as it happens at night. if it had been the same thing that "banged" on your car....then i would imagine it would bang on your window too.

I really do not think you should be freaking yourself out over this, unless you suffer from Musophobia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gracierose
6 hours ago, freetoroam said:

The tapping could easily be a small rodent or bird...especially as it happens at night. if it had been the same thing that "banged" on your car....then i would imagine it would bang on your window too.

I really do not think you should be freaking yourself out over this, unless you suffer from Musophobia.

I'm not afraid of mice. 

A mouse couldn't make a loud banging noise like that on my car.

and a mouse couldn't tap on my window like the tapping I hear, especially if there's nothing for it to stand on near my window

also, not really freaked out, just find it kind of creepy.

thanks again though

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ghost Orchid

Gracierose some people like Freetoroam and Nostrodumbass doesn't believe in things like that, because something like that didn't happen to them... I had similar experiences the breathing ect.. There is entities out there that is not visible to us but we can feel them sometimes. Pray and ask God to take it away so you can be free. Hope ot helps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anonymous12321

Well my friend has experience with a creature kinda like this. It was a shadow creature with yellow eyes watching him while he sleeps... If its the same thing then it should be harmless.

Edited by Anonymous12321

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.