Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guitarists unite!

Novo

I just wanted to know if anyone knew any type of guitar lessons online or maybe just the steps for the cords.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• star_child

• TooFarGone

• Walken

• Elvis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just wanted to know if anyone knew any type of guitar lessons online or maybe just the steps for the cords.

448786[/snapback]

Thats what books are for. Much easier to use and play guitar with than the internet, and MUCH more reliable. Just go to your local music store and pick one up, they are not a lot of money and in no time you can be playing songs like Oh Susannah and such. wacko.gif

lol Thanks.

Do you know if maybe I could get some starter sheets from the web and just print them?

Most likely, but any suggestions on where and/or what site?

Sara,

The Raven is actually right about the books vs. the internet.

Go to your local music store and get Mel Bay Beginning Guitar. Or something similar. It shows you where to put your fingers to make chords and such. And then practice that until your fingers hurt and then stop for awhile. Soon you will develop calluses on your finger tips and it won't hurt at all. original.gif Some of the chords will be hard for you to make your fingers go that way but if you practice them everyday it will get easier everyday. It is hard and may seem impossible at first but just keep on with it. thumbsup.gif

Lets get more of a discussion goin......Whos your influences? Mine are (in no order) Jimmy Page, David Gilmour, and TOm Delong. There are more, but i can think of them tongue.gif

Not bad Jeremy. happy.gif

My influences consist of...

Dimebag Darrell (Pantera), Kirk Hammett(Metallica), Peter Wichers(Soilwork), Jeff Loomis(Nevermore), Rob Caggiano(Anthrax), Scott Ian(Anthrax, CJ Pierce (Drowning Pool)

Mostly heavier music but I love quite a bit of softer stuff as well.

I recently got my guitarist book and went straight to my guitar. I'm learning quite quickly and I really love it.

BTW, I have an acoustic. wink2.giforiginal.gif

Starting with something that I think I'll learn better then with an electric guitar... or at least quicker. tongue.gif

Well, This seems like a pretty cool thread. My Guitars are a Schecter 006 Elite(electric), An Ovation Celebrity (acoustic-electric), and an EKD Ranger 6 (acoustic)

Some of my influences are Dimebag Darrell from Pantera, Kerry King from Slayer, and Jasan Stepp from Dog Fashion Disco

I recently got my guitarist book and went straight to my guitar. I'm learning quite quickly and I really love it.

BTW, I have an acoustic.

Good for you Sara! thumbsup.gif I started with an acoustic as well.

BTW, I have an acoustic.

Good for you Sara! thumbsup.gif I started with an acoustic as well.

453733[/snapback]

Ditto

http://www.purevolume.com/matthewlake

heres 1 of my old songs written by me and other band member RHYS.

It is just an accoustic version of a song that we wrote.

I have been playing for nearly 5 years now, I have a Fender Strat Highway 1 customized with Semour duncan pickups

and a turner accoustic guitar

BTW, I have an acoustic. wink2.giforiginal.gif

Starting with something that I think I'll learn better then with an electric guitar... or at least quicker. tongue.gif

453551[/snapback]

Great! Acoustics I think are good for begginers, especially since you can get a good acoustic for a LOT cheaper than getting an electric, amp, ETC. I like them both almost equally, except for that an acoustic has such a large body -- I like stuff sleek and easy. Keep us informed on your progress, guitar is a great instrument to learn.

BTW Whoa182, that song is great. When I say great, I mean DAMN GOOD WORK -- I'm really impressed. You going to make some more stuff, because personally I think you have HUGE potential.

My band should have music up in the next week or two -- serious stuff. My friend and I are the guitar players...we just really need to practice on our music and actually get some better mics to record with...

www.purevolume.com/wildmindfire

Yes, we have harmonicas. grin2.gif

Edited by The Raven

1956 Gibson Les Paul Gold Top

1966 Gibson ES 125 Hollow Body Electric

1965 Fender Mustang

1979 Fender Precision Bass

1979 Gibson Grabber Bass

1999 Gretsch Country Gentleman Acoustic

ETC, ETC, ETC,

Washburn acoustic, Kramer Focus 1000-Peavy Bandit 75 w/various effects pedals. Self taught for quite a few years. I had an injury to my left hand(fret hand)and I couldn't play for a VERY long time. I have just recently started to play again. It's amazing how quickly my hand starts to ache and ahow quickly it gets tired. Baby steps.

1956 Gibson Les Paul Gold Top

1966 Gibson ES 125 Hollow Body Electric

1965 Fender Mustang

1979 Fender Precision Bass

1979 Gibson Grabber Bass

1999 Gretsch Country Gentleman Acoustic

ETC, ETC, ETC,

457630[/snapback]

no.gif Im in not so well stocked. I had to sold my old bc rich, in order to afford replacement parts for my bands sound system. (wich consists of 8 rigged together amps)

I am more of a collector my Dad is the musician.

novo, i love your description of the guitar being like a woman!

does anyone know where i can get a case for my vintage metal axe, the reaper?

(its a weird shape)