Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guitarists unite!

Novo

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• star_child

• TooFarGone

• Walken

• Elvis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love you!!!!

And good luck!

• 1 month later...

Thank Christ for your return!!!!!!!!!! Where have you been?!

Sounds pretty good, aside from quality...what gear you got?

Oh, and what Maiden song was it?

busy with life mostly. Im back for the summer anyways.

Since its probably jumbled up in the 50++ pages that have accumulated ill remind everyone then-

Im on a johnson lefty

I also have a lespaul ripoff(cant remember the name) and a bc rich(new one :D) +an old sh**ty acoustic.

I have 3 peavy and a krate and a gibson amp

i recorded that over the mic on my laptop :P.

I cant afford the higher end sh**. My band however uses a tape recorder.

but that not onthe internet now is it :P

Oh the maiden song-It was originally Fallen Angel but I got lost on the way and ended up with that riff. Similiar but not quite. Plus I generally get stumped on maiden solos. Look forward to some more Audio Clips tuesday though. (I will not be able to record again until then)

Edited by Novo

will a drummer work who has been playing guitar since he was 6? I play lots of other instruments and was in the music business since 1971.

• 5 months later...

There's nothing I love more than playing my guitar. Here's the guitar transcription for the first Super Mario theme song.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Man...mplete_0001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Man...mplete_0002.jpg

Written by the great Koji Kondo and transcribed by that cool guy on YouTube Manuel Gutierrez Rojas (manolitomystiq)

Well, at least you can listen the sound, cuz I've got an electric guitar (an Ibanez), but not the amp :P

Now, we're at the same level more or less, because I'm still just playing simple tabs (many songs of Rage Against the Machine for instance, like Bulls on Parade or Killing in the Name Of). Here's a good part where they teach how to play Stairway to Heaven:

Here!

Well, at least you can listen the sound, cuz I've got an electric guitar (an Ibanez), but not the amp :P

Now, we're at the same level more or less, because I'm still just playing simple tabs (many songs of Rage Against the Machine for instance, like Bulls on Parade or Killing in the Name Of). Here's a good part where they teach how to play Stairway to Heaven:

Here!

Mine's an Ibanez too. Youtube appears to be currently down, so I'll check out your link later. I'll also have a look at some rage tabs on www.ultimate-guitar.com

Something nice to rip out at a party:

riff

(G)(A#) © (c#)

e----------------------------------------------

B----------------------------------------------

G----------------------------------------------

D-5-8-10---5-8-11-10---5-8-10-8-5--------------

A-5-8-10---5-8-11-10---5-8-10-8-5--------------

E-3-6-8----3-6-9--8----3-6-8--6-3--------------

I have returned :o

Just to say I got my first electric for Christmas :) (Pic's in my blog.)

How is it that I barely stumbled upon this thread?! I'm a guitarist too! :D, I am using an ESP LTD KH 202 right now, and a Fender Frontman 15watt amp. Been playing since April of '06. So thats what, 8 months? Into Metallica so thats most of the stuff I play.

BTW- Grats on the guitar SaRa

Haha, I actually have one of those LTD Kirk Hammett signatures, too. Got it when I was really into Metallica, along with a Gibson Explorer. I've been playing for probably about five years now...and I don't know whether that feels like a crazy long time or a crazy short time.

hey im a bassist, i play finger style and i love to play a lot of metal (metallica etc, cliff burton style..) i have some kind of ibanez bass with 24 frets and i love it to bits, its so beautiful to play. im above average and i love playing

• 1 year later...

You guys (and girls^_^) should get 'guitar pro'... It is a reallllly nice application on your pc for guitar tabs... you download the tabs and use it in the app with different instruments... WAY different instrumenst... really nice... I use it and im still new to the 'guitar world' :D and now i can play a bit of metallica's music and one song from beethoven... fur elise :lol: Kinda likit...

You know what... Now I want to play guitar :blink: ...

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone here from Kansas?

Just curious...

I suppose... Not me though...