Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Universal Religion

Will Due

A Universal Religion 

1. God exists but he's more than that.

2. We exist because we were created to become like him. We are his children.

3. The universe is teeming with inhabited worlds like ours, inhabited by beings of many types, but on those worlds where evolutionary material beings of the mortal type live, they are always human and very similar to us.

4. The universe is governed and administered.

5. At the level of creation where human beings live, there is a plan for the ascension of all, to progress and to grow up spiritually. A Universal Religion.

6. Our world is very young, and the knowledge of all this is just beginning to be realized, that there is one, and only one way.

7. There exists in the plans of the makers and rulers of the universes, a preordained Way for humans to live by - true religion, unregulated, without organization, without the authority of men, but only by faith in God and the authority of the personal experiences that bind us together spiritually, which is to know God as our Father and man as our brother.

• Like 1

And this 'Universal Religion' of course is different from all the rest, and as you said in #6 "that there is one, and only one way."

Which means there will be those that accept it and those that reject it.

And then it'll be just another one among the many. Just like every other religion...

Not so 'Universal' anymore then, is it?

• Like 3

Hey Will! :st 

When first reading your thread title, I'm thinking of universal as including all, or something being useful for all. In another sense, I would think there would be aspects of everyone religion within it, for all. I even would think, it would take on a naturalized aspect of it, for the non-believers. (Yeah, I know, I'm reaching! :D  :w00t: )

Well, anyways, I didn't realize it's actually a term within a part of a certain religion, if I'm getting this correctly from you. I did a quick search and came up with this site.   And this paragraph from it: 

TOPICS: Inner religion versus outer religion - truth cannot be captured in form - knowing God through inner path - God does not need religion - human experience characterized by diversity - different religions for different people - religious conflict is meaningless - respect other peoples religious freedom - Jesus followed the inner, mystical path - no religion has a patent on God -

In a sense, I can see, it appears to what I'm thinking. But, I'm also thinking, that if something is listed as true, it's true and provable to all. Or, we could go with the subjective true religion. *shrugs* 

Though, I would think of the following the inner, mystical path, as something that I do or my higher power does. I wonder, if this could be considered true though. 

I do find some elements very interesting. Though, I'm seeing in a science fiction type outlook. I feel my belief is true, would you agree with me that it is, Will? 

• Like 1

Our "young" world is over four billion years old and the odds of anything evolving elsewhere exactly like humans is,very slim. I believe in God but not that kind of predestination. Unless we're all fraking Cylons.:w00t:

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

The direction I am hoping this discussion will evolve, is towards the discovery that if there is a Creator, then he must have also created a way to live. A universal way for everybody, everywhere, regardless of origin, regardless of culture.

It must be true, this universal way, because although there has always been disagreement about religion between people, there also has always been something very common in every religion, something universal, something fundamentally true and basic.

In our world, I think this thing, this way to live and worship God has been made to be complicated and burdensome, hidden away for some reason. But at the heart, it's there alive and well.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if there's a universe, and there's a universal God who created it (stay with me now) then there has to be a universal religion too. A way to live, to believe, to have faith similarly, universally, however unique and personal our individual experiences are bound to be.

I hope I'm making at least a little sense.

• Like 1

Mine is pretty simple.

To experience source

I turn within

No creator have I found, aside from the Mother from who's body I grew.

I have never had this notion, that I came from somewhere else and was made by something.

It has always been simply that I grew here, natrally part of this world, just as every. other. thing. here.

and it's all one thing.

source is never separate, ever, by even a hairs width, for a nano second.

• Like 2

I feel as though this would be a great place for me to go into a big astrotheological rant, though I have to do a few errands so now is not the time...

• Like 2

Mine is simpler.

There might be a universal consciousness, and maybe we all return to it at some point. (I see it not as embodied, but as a never ending light, where everyone is loved and accepted). 

We might have to keep doing this over and over until we grow enough, spiritually, to unite with this consciousness.

Then again, there might be nothing, but oh well. If there is nothing, then I'll never know it. At least it made me feel warm and fuzzy to think of that light and all of us being a part of it.  

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 2

There is already Spiritism. A rational philosophy, a science, for the spiritual but not-religious, those who accept that there is a life after death and that communication with the spirits of the departed is absolutely possible. An undeniable reality.

*God exists as a Intelligence Force throughout the Cosmos, with a Light and Dark side.

*Organized religion was necessary because most people could not read, and had to have the Law of God taught to them. But today, because of literary and modern communication, organized religion is no longer necessary.

*We all live many lifetimes, on this planet and other planets (reincarnation).

*Christianity is true, but Christendom (the Christian churches) are dead without the Spirit, and the Spirit of Truth has communicated with Seers, and we can read those Communications for ourselves, to guide our lives.

*Judism and Christianity are not the only true Revelations from God. The Spirit has communicated with many Prophets, Sages, and Seers throughout the history of human beings, many whose names we know and many whose names we do not know.

*We do not need pastors or priests in the Age of the Spirit. If we can read, we can read the Spirit-Revelations ourselves. If we cannot read, then those who can read can read the Spirit-Revelations to us. We do not need a Priest to forgive our sins, or a Pastor to tell us what God's Will is for us.

*The Law of Karma is operative upon all things: whatever a man soeth so shall he reap.

*When we die we go to the Astral World to await our next incarnation.

*We existed on other planets before this one, and we will have lives on other planets after this one.

Edited by AlKar
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Our "young" world is over four billion years old and the odds of anything evolving elsewhere exactly like humans is,very slim. I believe in God but not that kind of predestination. Unless we're all fraking Cylons.:w00t:

You know, if I remember correctly, they believed in one god too. ;)  :devil:  :D 

4 hours ago, Will Due said:

The direction I am hoping this discussion will evolve, is towards the discovery that if there is a Creator, then he must have also created a way to live. A universal way for everybody, everywhere, regardless of origin, regardless of culture.

Neat! ;)  A God with a plan! :w00t: 

It must be true, this universal way, because although there has always been disagreement about religion between people, there also has always been something very common in every religion, something universal, something fundamentally true and basic.

In our world, I think this thing, this way to live and worship God has been made to be complicated and burdensome, hidden away for some reason. But at the heart, it's there alive and well.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if there's a universe, and there's a universal God who created it (stay with me now) then there has to be a universal religion too. A way to live, to believe, to have faith similarly, universally, however unique and personal our individual experiences are bound to be.

I hope I'm making at least a little sense.

Well, I think I know what you are trying to say. The thing is, it is more complicated, and things burdensome will always be, and not just within worshipping a higher power. 

I can't see how it can be a plan, from a higher power, because if there was one, it would have been put in place now. I don't think any worldly situation would get in it's way. Because if it's a divine plan, it would be above worldly obstacles, I think. There wouldn't have been different areas of the world, where there are different religions and some areas where there is no religion. There wouldn't be countries that allow you to worship what ever you want or not to worship anything at all. If there was a plan, I wouldn't have been raised without reading or worshipping a particular religion. (Keep in mind, I'm not regretful of it, in fact, I think it was good for me.) 

I hope you understand where I'm getting at, Will. :) 

If anything, that I feel I would agree with you, it's that there would be a plan to have us all be at peace. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

You know, if I remember correctly, they believed in one god too. ;)  :devil:  :D 

No, they revered The Lords of Kobol. 

• Like 1

How do i get a message through to the universal government? Ya see... I think whoever is in charge of our quadrant has not been doing a great job. As it stands, i would like to run for that office.

My pay request is merely standard tools of the trade. Universal spaceship, proof that i have universal government backing-i would like a star, like a sheriff. 

Im not into weapons but i would like a personal forcefield of protection, and a really cool sword... Ooooh, or hammer.

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:
17 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

No, they revered The Lords of Kobol. 

OH, ****! I think you're right!! 

No, wait a minute! Wasn't that in their distant past? I just remember Six preaching over and over about God. 

Or was that when she was with Baltar?! :o  :devil:  

Speaking of cylons and plans, didn't the cylons have a plan? I don't think, it worked out well for them, did it? 

Ok, back to the thread. ........................... Sorry Will. :blink:  

4 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

OH, ****! I think you're right!! 

No, wait a minute! Wasn't that in their distant past? I just remember Six preaching over and over about God. 

Or was that when she was with Baltar?! :o  :devil:  

Speaking of cylons and plans, didn't the cylons have a plan? I don't think, it worked out well for them, did it? 

Ok, back to the thread. ........................... Sorry Will. :blink:  

The thread of the saga became so convoluted at the end, it was largely unintelligible. Everyone was one in a series of endless replications--or something like that.

Edited by Hammerclaw

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

The thread of the saga became so convoluted at the end, it was largely unintelligible. Everyone was one in a series of endless replications--or something like that.

Well, no worries, it kind of worked itself out in the end. 

Spoiler

Considering at the very end of the series finale, everyone was dead. 

Just now, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Well, no worries, it kind of worked itself out in the end. 

Reveal hidden contents

Considering at the very end of the series finale, everyone was dead. 

Actually it didn't, much to the distress of it's fans. 

6 hours ago, Will Due said:

A Universal Religion 

1. God exists but he's more than that.

2. We exist because we were created to become like him. We are his children.

3. The universe is teeming with inhabited worlds like ours, inhabited by beings of many types, but on those worlds where evolutionary material beings of the mortal type live, they are always human and very similar to us.

4. The universe is governed and administered.

5. At the level of creation where human beings live, there is a plan for the ascension of all, to progress and to grow up spiritually. A Universal Religion.

6. Our world is very young, and the knowledge of all this is just beginning to be realized, that there is one, and only one way.

7. There exists in the plans of the makers and rulers of the universes, a preordained Way for humans to live by - true religion, unregulated, without organization, without the authority of men, but only by faith in God and the authority of the personal experiences that bind us together spiritually, which is to know God as our Father and man as our brother.

But on a serious note..

I like the idea of a universal religion... However, a few pointers if i may?

All of your points have to be taken on faith, and not just a little. The universe is governed? Have a hard time convincing the jury on that one.

There is only one way? Why? And if so, why were we not informed? Like from conception? And why are there apparently so many other "ways"? What happens if we go the wrong way?

I could start a cult with your ideology, but i dont want a cult. I want to be surrounded by free thinking seekers of truth if anything.

• Like 1

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Actually it didn't, much to the distress of it's fans. 

Ok, I remember that too. 

Oooh crap, let's go back to Will Due's plan, or his universal plan!!! Or his divine plan!!! Or any kind of plans. 

I like house plans. :D  

Again, Sorry Will. :(  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wes4747 said:

But on a serious note..

I like the idea of a universal religion... However, a few pointers if i may?

All of your points have to be taken on faith, and not just a little. The universe is governed? Have a hard time convincing the jury on that one.

There is only one way? Why? And if so, why were we not informed? Like from conception? And why are there apparently so many other "ways"? What happens if we go the wrong way?

I could start a cult with your ideology, but i dont want a cult. I want to be surrounded by free thinking seekers of truth if anything.

We are so obsessed with the road we choose to travel by, we lose sight of the destination, and the end of our journey is what matters, not the many paths that lead to it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

We are so obsessed with the road we choose to travel by, we lose sight of the destination, and the end of our journey is what matters, not the many paths that lead to it.

Not me my friend, realised long ago i am a passenger enjoying the view out my window while flying my hand in the wind at varying speeds of waves hoping to gain a little fun and insight amidst heatbreaks before the long night falls ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wes4747 said:

Not me my friend, realised long ago i am a passenger enjoying the view out my window while flying my hand in the wind at varying speeds of waves hoping to gain a little fun and insight amidst heatbreaks before the long night falls ;)

The sun sets and night falls for some, while at the same time, morning breaks and the sun rises for others. There's another side to every coin, not just the side we see.

• Like 2

The premise for this thread is to discuss religion in a very broad way, to the inclusion of everyone, even those like us that are living like we do, and as we are (human) on other worlds. 

Like the properties of gravity, like the properties of light and like the properties of the chemical elements, everything is bound by certain rules. There is a high degree of consistency in the material universe from one end to the other.

This same kind of consistency then, must generally apply to everything that exists in the spiritual realm of our universe. If the material level of existence is controlled, governed and administered; then likewise, so is the spiritual level of existence. 

Like the rules that hold together the material realm, the rules that workout the plan for the spiritual evolution and universe ascension (growth) of man, these rules are also universal and have been on our infant world, denoted and departmentalized so far, by the term religion.

Although our world is billions of years old, the advent and evolution of man is a very recent event. Reckoning the age of our world that way, it's a very young world; but true religion, the religion that actually effects the results that were planned by the gods, is a universal religion, that has been long in operation since the beginning of time, on many billions of other worlds like ours, and it's also been in operation here too, just not in the way it will be moving forward into the future.

The part of the plan to bring the knowledge of this universal religion that is, and always has been in operation, is just beginning to be brought to our attention. Religion, as the term is used to be in understanding of the process that leads to the knowledge of God and who we are in relation to him, can be compared to learning the rudiments of arithmetic during elementary school. The much more advanced forms of mathematics like calculus for example, are usually never taught to toddlers. The same with the rudiments of advanced religion, the Religion of the Universes.

But, unlike the complications attendant with learning advanced mathematics, the reverse is true with religion. The more advanced religion is, the simpler and less burdensome it becomes to understand, and utilize.

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Uh, I'm not so sure about that. Are you saying to only worry about the destination? If we are talking in the topic of belief and how we believe and behave to achieve something when we die, well, that doesn't make sense to me. Yes, I think varying belief systems have that, and mine, in a sense, is no exception. ( I think......................well, anyways) But, the way I see it, since there is no objective proof of what really happens after we die, I think one is probably not getting the sense of how our path is also good for the here and now, and how we are as an individual to ourselves and to others, now. 

I mean, that's why I always thought half the reason for religion, in the first place. To get people to behave, survive, and make it count, while they lived. Even then, isn't it how they lived, tallying up for their place after they die? 

Plus, getting the peace and wellness now, is probably better, and noticing it, is probably what helps people take the crap that life dishes out. Well, that's what I notice with me and my belief. :) 

10 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:
10 hours ago, Wes4747 said:

The sun sets and night falls for some, while at the same time, morning breaks and the sun rises for others. There's another side to every coin, not just the side we see.

Yes, I would agree, but I think both should merge, to make it feel............... complete. Right? ( I know, your response is to Wes4747, I hope you don't mind sneaking in, right?) *waits for punishment*

53 minutes ago, Will Due said:

The premise for this thread is to discuss religion in a very broad way, to the inclusion of everyone, even those like us that are living like we do, and as we are (human) on other worlds. 

Like the properties of gravity, like the properties of light and like the properties of the chemical elements, everything is bound by certain rules. There is a high degree of consistency in the material universe from one end to the other.

This same kind of consistency then, must generally apply to everything that exists in the spiritual realm of our universe. If the material level of existence is controlled, governed and administered; then likewise, so is the spiritual level of existence. 

I would see this too, Will. I often find consistency in the natural world. Like the branching out of the veins in the eyes, to tree branches, to lightning strikes and such, I would think, a part of each of our beliefs have that connection. (I'm actually reflecting on this now. :o  :tu:  ) This makes sense to me. 

55 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Like the rules that hold together the material realm, the rules that workout the plan for the spiritual evolution and universe ascension (growth) of man, these rules are also universal and have been on our infant world, denoted and departmentalized so far, by the term religion.

The only problem I would see, is that there is no way of recording all of it, like we can in the natural world. 

56 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Although our world is billions of years old, the advent and evolution of man is a very recent event. Reckoning the age of our world that way, it's a very young world; but true religion, the religion that actually effects the results that were planned by the gods, is a universal religion, that has been long in operation since the beginning of time, on many billions of other worlds like ours, and it's also been in operation here too, just not in the way it will be moving forward into the future.

Here's something, that struck me, that should be considered. (Well, I feel it should be) is that for it to be 'true' religion, it would be true all around, right? And despite I can see how you would look at this, and it this is true, we still have so many versions of religion and beliefs. Wouldn't the 'true religion' pretty much exercise the rest away?

58 minutes ago, Will Due said:

The part of the plan to bring the knowledge of this universal religion that is, and always has been in operation, is just beginning to be brought to our attention.

How?

Religion, as the term is used to be in understanding of the process that leads to the knowledge of God and who we are in relation to him, can be compared to learning the rudiments of arithmetic during elementary school. The much more advanced forms of mathematics like calculus for example, are usually never taught to toddlers. The same with the rudiments of advanced religion, the Religion of the Universes.

And to follow up my 'how' question to you, is it really getting everyone leading to the knowledge of God? As I stated before, we still have all the other religions, (and the subsets and small beliefs, (me) ) And we also have the varying environmental obstacles to that too. Like my position in this, born and raised secular, in a secular country. Despite how it might look to have a majority of the population of varying mainstream religions, everyone has a right to practice or not practice a religion, and hence, many, including myself, really hadn't had the dependable source to gain the knowledge of God. (I don't consider proselytizers dependable, considering they also could be misrepresenting it, or are pretending to rob you) 

As far as I can tell, up until your posts here, Will (I hope you don't see this as offense, ) but a lot of people hadn't heard of the Urantia book. (If I understood this correctly.) And how does one know, it's the true knowledge?

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

But, unlike the complications attendant with learning advanced mathematics, the reverse is true with religion. The more advanced religion is, the simpler and less burdensome it becomes to understand, and utilize.

I don't understand that. Could you explain that please? :) 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

The only problem I would see, is that there is no way of recording all of it, like we can in the natural world. 

Religion, as I've referred to it here, is everything we think of as being religion so far on our world, as it has been practiced and recorded by the various organized world religion's sacred texts, and so forth, and not to the exclusion of unwritten religious sacred tradition.

These records exist and in the context of this discussion, are the things that stand now to be taken as serious as possible but in the future will only be regarded as the scaffolding of what will emerge from the cocoon of primitive beliefs, and systems to know and understand God, the emergence like a butterfly from a caterpillar,  true religion, unorganized and personal, unique in every individual's case, but similar in its true spiritual make up, or direction.

we still have so many versions of religion and beliefs. Wouldn't the 'true religion' pretty much exercise the rest away?

Yes, true religion will continue to grow, the knowledge thereof, in the combined consciousness of society to build on the old and eventually completely displace the old way to approach God.

Despite how it might look to have a majority of the population of varying mainstream religions, everyone has a right to practice or not practice a religion, and hence, many, including myself, really hadn't had the dependable source to gain the knowledge of God.

Everyone has a duty to workout their own true religion. To apply all that speaks to its many truths by themselves and to dismiss the distractions attended when someone else tries to tell you what it is (this seems contradictory right now doesn't it) because true religion has no go between. It's direct. You and God, and only you and God.

Faith is the key.

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1

Ever have a glitch where you're reading one discussion and suddenly you wind up in another? 

I'm like...wait a minute...this isn't the end of the world thread. How did I get here? Lol. 

Hazards of online before coffee.

• Like 3