Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Share your favorite movie scenes

LightAngel

1 hour ago, LightAngel said:

:rofl:

The great thing about Laurel and Hardy is their friendship. No matter how much trouble they make for each other, they always remain friends. Oliver always introduces them by saying, "I'm Mr. Hardy and this is my friend Mr. Laurel." Very touching.

Stan Laurel said Hardy was the real comic genius of the pair. Although Stan worked on the skits while Hardy played golf, Stan said all he did was to set up the situation so that Hardy could create the comedy of the scene.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Like 3

Probably offered on YouTube with English subtitles, one of the very interesting movies to watch. So dramatic and thrilling in its acting and directing.

Legend has it that at Bela Lugosi's funeral, one of the old time actors, gazing down at Lugosi's body in the coffin, turned to another mourner, smiled and said, "Do you think we should drive a stake through his heart just to make sure?" 

Edited by StarMountainKid
  • Like 2

On 25/08/2018 at 1:36 AM, StarMountainKid said:

The great thing about Laurel and Hardy is their friendship. No matter how much trouble they make for each other, they always remain friends. Oliver always introduces them by saying, "I'm Mr. Hardy and this is my friend Mr. Laurel." Very touching.

Stan Laurel said Hardy was the real comic genius of the pair. Although Stan worked on the skits while Hardy played golf, Stan said all he did was to set up the situation so that Hardy could create the comedy of the scene.

What was lovely was their friendship extended off screen to the point that Laurel retired from acting when Hardy died, saying that “Babe would understand” and that the laughter was gone.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Black and white, no unnecessary dialogue, no dramatic too-loud music, no CGI, just real stuff, the scene and acting.

Movies of the 1930s were still influenced by silent pictures, and many of the actors were from that silent era. So many of these early later films were dependent on drama and acting. The silent era actress Gloria Swanson as Norma Desmond in the movie, 'Sunset Boulevard' said, talking about silent pictures, "We didn't need words, we had faces."

Mel Brooks found the electrical equipment for his 'Young Frankenstein' movie in a garage in Pasadena, stored away since the 1930s by the man who made it.

• Like 2

Buster Keaton had a principle that stated if you couldn’t tell the story without words, tell a different story. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Made long before I was born, but some films live forever. :)

13 hours ago, LightAngel said:

Made long before I was born, but some films live forever. :)

For myself, it's difficult to judge a great Shakespeare performance. If another actor had performed this same scene pacing back and forth, speaking his lines powerfully and angrily, for instance, who can say which performance is better?

I would have liked to have seen James Dean perform Hamlet. Maybe that's the key, there are infinite ways to Shakespeare.

On 2017-09-28 at 1:31 PM, LightAngel said:

The orginal version  :-)

One of my very, very favorite movies. Two old ladies poison lonely old men, thinking they are doing them a favor, ending their pointless lives. Then they bury them in the basement.

They use poisoned elderberry wine.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

The Equalizer - When You Look At Me What Do You See

Edited by Roddy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

865.gif

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

• Like 1

The Daleks at their most terrifying, then.... you catch a glimpse of the TARDIS, that voice.... and the Daleks utterly freak out.