Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump blasts NFL anthem protesters

toast

Neither the Titans or the Seahawks came out of the tunnels until after the National Anthem was played.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/09/24/ravens-jaguars-players-kneel-during-national-anthem-after-trumps-attacks-on-nfl.html

This was the only guy on our team with any guts today. I watched until the anthem was over just to see if anyone would come out of the locker room before I switched off. A shame he stood alone.

• Like 7

National anthem is not a political thing, the unwritten protocol is to pay ut most respect possible to you. if you have a political agenda it's neither a appropriate venue nor event. people are supporting these disgraceful athletes because trump spoke against them. 

The kneelers are not disrespecting the flag or America or apple pie.....they are expressing thier disapproval of Trumps divisive nature...and any current American policies or tendencies which are, in thier opinions, devisive and unjust and unequal.

Thier disapproval is being expressed in a civil manner...it is out of Love for thier country and countrymen that they feel obligated to respectfully kneel or link hands for everyone's rights and freedoms.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, lightly said:

The kneelers are not disrespecting the flag or America or apple pie.....they are expressing thier disapproval of Trumps divisive nature...and any current American policies or tendencies which are, in thier opinions, devisive and unjust and unequal.

Thier disapproval is being expressed in a civil manner...it is out of Love for thier country and countrymen that they feel obligated to respectfully kneel or link hands for everyone's rights and freedoms.

This had nothing to do with Trump. I don't know why people keep attributing this to him. They are doing it in support of BLM and have been for at least a year.

• Like 6

Anyone who's tuned in for a nationally broadcast sporting event in the last few weeks — or attended a high school or college football game — likely noticed that not everyone on the field has been obeying the announcers when they say to "please stand for the singing of our national anthem."

Those watching NFL games have seen players from the San Francisco 49ers, the Denver Broncos and the Miami Dolphins participate in protests during the anthem. And yet, after weeks of media coverage, some spectators are still asking: "Why do athletes continue to kneel during the 'Star-Spangled Banner'?"

In August, (2016) San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick announced his decision to sit down or take a knee during the national anthem to call attention to police violence and injustice in black America. His act of protest followed several high-profile fatal police shootings of black men this summer — including the deaths of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile in July.

https://mic.com/articles/154349/why-are-athletes-kneeling-during-the-national-anthem-here-s-what-you-need-to-know#.248XvpANX

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kartikg said:

National anthem is not a political thing, the unwritten protocol is to pay ut most respect possible to you. if you have a political agenda it's neither a appropriate venue nor event. people are supporting these disgraceful athletes because trump spoke against them. 

I don’t think there are very many supporting the kneelers.if the focus is laid on Trump over this crap this will result in more votes for Trumps re-election and a reduction in pay for the players which is going to happen no matter what they attribute the knee to.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I don’t think there are very many supporting the kneelers.if the focus is laid on Trump over this crap this will result in more votes for Trumps re-election and a reduction in pay for the players which is going to happen no matter what they attribute the knee to.

Trump knows exactly what he's doing now doesn't he.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Trump knows exactly what he's doing now doesn't he.

When he says things I always think no to that but in hindsight during the backlash I can’t help but think he does.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, F3SS said:

When he says things I always think no to that but in hindsight during the backlash I can’t help but think he does.

Yup.

He's kinda like George Washington on steroids. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Yup.

He's kinda like George Washington on steroids. 

I’m not sure he’s on that plane but he will be long remembered that’s for sure.

• Like 1

My honest opinion is this kneeling crap is stupid and will accomplish absolutely nothing for no one except keeping Kap relevant in any way...

That said Trump never should have opened his big mouth on the issue as it's not his place and further more he gave the issue more relevance!

I remember when i was in 9th grade i got my knee messed up during a football game after being chop blocked...well monday morning rolled around and one of my teachers (an old battle axe if there ever was one) told everyone to stand for the pledge,which they all did and i always do.I stayed seated that day and she went off making a big scene and wouldn't let me get a word in too tell her about my knee,so i called her a old b**** and we went to the principles office...me walking very slowly and her telling me to stop "acting" and hurry up.

Well my principle wasn't happy about me calling her a old b*** lol but he gave her a good talking to about how NO ONE can be forced to stand or say the pledge and she best not do it again because it could lead to far bigger issues...he was at my game and saw what happened aswell so she had to give me several apologies during that meeting,and for those wondering i walked away with a days detention for calling her a old b**** :lol:

Point being as AK said earlier,we are not North Korea ;)

• Like 6

6 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

I just watched the dozen or so Patriots players who took a knee get what people are saying were the loudest boos ever heard at Gillette stadium!

ALL of the Houston Texans stood arm in arm showing unity for our GREAT FLAG!!!!

Tom Brady stood while he linked arms with his teammates. That was a compromise. The Steelers player, who served in our military, was the only one who left the locker room during our anthem. It was an admirable act of courage and individualism.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Point being as AK said earlier,we are not North Korea 

Good story... but no we are not North Korea which is why we are all so opinionated on the issue.

• Like 3

Just now, F3SS said:

Good story... but no we are not North Korea which is why we are all so opinionated on the issue.

Oh i agree bud,i'm not mad at either side really...a bit mad at Trump for giving Kap some attention as the guy should be ignored into oblivion lol

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Oh i agree bud,i'm not mad at either side really...a bit mad at Trump for giving Kap some attention as the guy should be ignored into oblivion lol

True but this has grown beyond his dumbass now and you know campaign Trump doesn’t just go out to talk about presidential things. He goes out and has a conversation with people. It’s no holds barred with him.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

My honest opinion is this kneeling crap is stupid and will accomplish absolutely nothing for no one except keeping Kap relevant in any way...

That said Trump never should have opened his big mouth on the issue as it's not his place and further more he gave the issue more relevance!

I remember when i was in 9th grade i got my knee messed up during a football game after being chop blocked...well monday morning rolled around and one of my teachers (an old battle axe if there ever was one) told everyone to stand for the pledge,which they all did and i always do.I stayed seated that day and she went off making a big scene and wouldn't let me get a word in too tell her about my knee,so i called her a old b**** and we went to the principles office...me walking very slowly and her telling me to stop "acting" and hurry up.

Well my principle wasn't happy about me calling her a old b*** lol but he gave her a good talking to about how NO ONE can be forced to stand or say the pledge and she best not do it again because it could lead to far bigger issues...he was at my game and saw what happened aswell so she had to give me several apologies during that meeting,and for those wondering i walked away with a days detention for calling her a old b**** :lol:

Point being as AK said earlier,we are not North Korea ;)

That brought back a bad memory. I injured my hand in grade school. It was hard to clench or move it. I went to gym class. As my stupid luck had it, we threw baseballs that day. I told my gym teacher that I injured my hand. He was a bully and a sadist, and he acted like I was lying. The guy made me throw the baseballs, and it felt like a hammer hit my hand. He then berated me for a bad pitch ("Is that as good as you can throw?"). It was obvious that my hand was messed up, but the guy insulted me in front of the entire class. The guy looked and sounded angry too while my hand throbbed in pain. Thanks for the memories. ;) 

• Like 4

It's a game. Why should the flag, politics, or praying be brought into a game, I'll never understand. Especially when  you know each side is only asking God to favor them and smite the other.

The thing is, I never remembered a flag or kneeling or praying before a game of tag when I was little. Have you? So what makes these games so special?

But that does make me wonder, if the players on a team come out and kneel to pray and one stands, does that mean Trump's head is going to explode? "Stand up, kneel down, stand up, kneel down..."

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

That brought back a bad memory. I injured my hand in grade school. It was hard to clench or move it. I went to gym class. As my stupid luck had it, we threw baseballs that day. I told my gym teacher that I injured my hand. He was a bully and a sadist, and he acted like I was lying. The guy made me throw the baseballs, and it felt like a hammer hit my hand. He then berated me for a bad pitch ("Is that as good as you can throw?"). It was obvious that my hand was messed up, but the guy insulted me in front of the entire class. The guy looked and sounded angry too while my hand throbbed in pain. Thanks for the memories. ;) 

Always glad to help :lol:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

I just watched the dozen or so Patriots players who took a knee get what people are saying were the loudest boos ever heard at Gillette stadium!

ALL of the Houston Texans stood arm in arm showing unity for our GREAT FLAG!!!!

I thought that was great, they need more of that.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

In 7th grade I fainted when standing up for the Pledge and Anthem. I stood up for the pledge and woke up at the end of the anthem to my teacher and classmates all standing above me teacher was freaking. I must’ve been out for 2 minutes.

Nine years ago when I broke my back me and my now wife went to the store to grab a couple things. I could walk but not lift. We got a case of pop and something small like a loaf of bread. Checked out and I grabbed the bread and my wife grabbed the case. I was wearing a jersey over my back brace so nobody could tell what was wrong with me. You should’ve seen the look of disgust on that female cashiers face. I just smirked and kept on. She must’ve thought I was an abusive jerk.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, F3SS said:

In 7th grade I fainted when standing up for the Pledge and Anthem. I stood up for the pledge and woke up at the end of the anthem to my teacher and classmates all standing above me teacher was freaking. I must’ve been out for 2 minutes.

Nine years ago when I broke my back me and my now wife went to the store to grab a couple things. I could walk but not lift. We got a case of pop and something small like a loaf of bread. Checked out and I grabbed the bread and my wife grabbed the case. I was wearing a jersey over my back brace so nobody could tell what was wrong with me. You should’ve seen the look of disgust on that female cashiers face. I just smirked and kept on. She must’ve thought I was an abusive jerk.

People make snap judgments. That's why I don't judge folks, who park in handicapped slots, who don't look disabled. They could have illnesses or injuries that aren't readily apparent to casual onlookers. Not all physical challenges are obvious.

• Like 3