Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump blasts NFL anthem protesters

toast

good for the geese or bad for the gander ...

~

[00.01:18]

~

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

And the Sunday night game ends the day with all the Oakland Raiders sitting and some of the Washington Redskins taking a knee.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/24/sports/nfl-trump-anthem-protests.html?mcubz=1

The only Raider I saw standing (behind the bench) was the QB Carr.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Will Due said:

No, they're in violation of something much worse. 

The violation of the rule of life.

It is simple -

The richest and most pampered athletes in the USA are saying that they hate this country and want to see it fall. 

For all I know, they hate me too, since I would be willing to stand by my country. 

If these guys, and I do mean the entire industry, have not taken a massive hit in the pocketbook by this time next year, then We the People are just too stupid to continue to live in a United country.

I was already bored with pro-Sports, it will be easy for me to avoid any type of support for these spoiled punks.

How about the rest of you? 

Edited by AnchorSteam
  • Like 3

Will the Cowboys kneel tomorrow night? The quote that's been making the rounds about their owner threatening to fire anyone who kneels is not true. He never said that.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/09/23/oakland-raiders-rb-marshawn-lynch-sits-national-anthem-dallas-cowboys-game

• Like 3

Now you good folks reminds me of this scene from the recent 'Beauty and the Beast'

~

[00.03:03]

~

19 minutes ago, third_eye said:

good for the geese or bad for the gander ...

~

[00.01:18]

~

ROFLMAO!!! :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Thanks for reminding me of that,talk about a sad day in our history :lol:

• Like 2

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

ROFLMAO!!! :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Thanks for reminding me of that,talk about a sad day in our history :lol:

I know , I know, it still cracks me up ... fact of the matter is 'to each his/her own'

I dread to think what would happen if that then was today ... or tomorrow ...

~

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

I was already bored with pro-Sports, it will be easy for me to avoid any type of support for these spoiled punks.

I'm not big on pro sports outside of boxing and MMA...

I usually only start watching the NFL once the college season is over,since a 9-7 or 8-8 team can make the playoffs the regular season doesn't mean much anyway.

The thing is, when they signed their contracts they agreed to abide by the league rules, as I pointed out in post #150. As with any business, if you can't abide by the stipulations, you were informed of upon signing, you should not be in that business.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

The thing is, when they signed their contracts they agreed to abide by the league rules, as I pointed out in post #150. As with any business, if you can't abide by the stipulations, you were informed of upon signing, you should not be in that business.

True but there is a bit of a double standard anymore in the entertainment industry...

Curt Schilling (a white guy) got fired from espn for saying " men should use the mens room,and women should use the womens room"

Espn fired schilling almost immediately proclaiming he broke their political views rule.

While recently Jemmelle Hill called Trump a racist and said he surrounded himself with white supremacists...Jemmelle faced zero consequences and had already "mobilized" a group to start screaming "RACISM" if they did...

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I know , I know, it still cracks me up ... fact of the matter is 'to each his/her own'

I dread to think what would happen if that then was today ... or tomorrow ...

~

Well it’s not like that went over very well back then so I’d imagine it wouldn’t go over so well today either.

8 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Well when the commissioner is on their side then what good is the rule?

• Like 5

Lol... each week this gets more and more entertaining.  Its not like Trump declared it new government policy.  He basically just implied if he was a private owner he'd kick the player off the team.... which was obvously directed towards the former 49's QB who no team will sign to a contract.  Gee I wonder why that is?  Lol  It's really toooo funny watching people over react to what he says when they say it and think it them selves.  Put it this way..... give this kneeing protest some time and youll see that what actually results is more patriotism and love for the still-yet freest nation ever.. the USA.  Trump's always one step ahead. He doesnt ask... his actions create reactions and results. Brilliant!

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

I don't watch sports, but I quit watching any award shows when they started getting so political a few years ago.

• Like 5

Not sure of the veracity of some claims but some lawyers I know claims that ' Collective Bargaining Agreement ' doesn't quite cut it as much as many seems to think, like I mentioned before, if the contracted player is not an American Citizen, furthermore its what the DoD calls 'payment for patriotic display, troop tributes .... and reenlistment ceremonies, performances of the national anthem'

Means no money if none of the above, that's all ... no retributions either ... or rather there should be no retributions ...

4 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Well it’s not like that went over very well back then so I’d imagine it wouldn’t go over so well today either.

True, but Rosie wasn't given stick about 'patriotism' other than her poor musical abilities ... not that I know of ...

~

• Like 1

It really is crazy that some of the most well to do generation of people in the history of the entire world have so much to complain about the country that made that possible.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, F3SS said:

It really is crazy that some of the most well to do generation of people in the history of the entire world have so much to complain about the country that made that possible.

Its just #45 throwing in some distractions to veer away from his recent saber rattling performance at the UN ... is all ...

~ :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

True, but Rosie wasn't given stick about 'patriotism' other than her poor musical abilities ... not that I know of ...

I was a bit young but she was raked over the coals for being disrespectful to the anthem. If her singing were just poor it wouldn’t have been such a thing but it was intentional and that was the outrage. All in all she still faired well in life afterwards.

• Like 2

Just now, F3SS said:

I was a bit young but she was raked over the coals for being disrespectful to the anthem. If her singing were just poor it wouldn’t have been such a thing but it was intentional and that was the outrage. All in all she still faired well in life afterwards.

What I'm saying is her Americanism was not thrown back at her face and told to 'leave' is what I'm saying ...

~

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

~

Yeah i think her reasoning was she either didn't take or took too much prozac...i'm not joking either lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

Its just #45 throwing in some distractions to veer away from his recent saber rattling performance at the UN ... is all ...

~ :)

I don’t think so. It’s just him being him plus he mention Rocketman during the same speech on Friday. He also brought Russia. The "Russia hoax" as he calls it. He’s not seeking distraction by any means.

Just now, F3SS said:

I don’t think so. It’s just him being him plus he mention Rocketman during the same speech on Friday. He also brought Russia. The "Russia hoax" as he calls it. He’s not seeking distraction by any means.

Just giving you the picture of what we see outside the fish bowl here ... not pulling the wool over the eyes or rug from under the feet ...

~