Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump blasts NFL anthem protesters

toast

36 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Jaguars apologize to local military for anthem demonstration 

Caving to the new political correctness? 

This type of attitude has been around since the end of World War II, people have grown to respect and cherish their military because they protected them, this isn't something new or shocking to say at least. Only reason we hardly seen it before now is because during the 1970's, people developed a anti-military attitude aka hippies and the growth of liberal mindset that the military is nothing but murderers.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

This type of attitude has been around since the end of World War II, people have grown to respect and cherish their military because they protected them, this isn't something new or shocking to say at least. Only reason we hardly seen it before now is because during the 1970's, people developed a anti-military attitude aka hippies and the growth of liberal mindset that the military is nothing but murderers.

Do you remember the pre 9/11 days? You come across as young to me , forgive me if im wrong. Before 9/11 our nation was WAY less militant in pretty much all things. This new political correctness of the right has spawned as a result of that militancy. 

I can personally recall when John F Kennedy was President. Back then there was great respect for the military and everyone stood for the National Anthem and the flag. So, respect for our nation isn't something that was just cooked up after 9/11, nor was this respect anything that was politically motivated.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I can personally recall when John F Kennedy was President. Back then there was great respect for the military and everyone stood for the National Anthem and the flag. So, respect for our nation isn't something that was just cooked up after 9/11, nor was this respect anything that was politically motivated.

I wasnt saying "Respect for our nation" was cooked up after 9/11 just the militancy towards nationalism 

I do argue that much of the "Respect the flag" argument over the NFL protesters really does come down to telling minorities not to make waves though. I cant imagine the backlash would be the same if it were white Johnny kneeling to protest the war on Christmas. 

The protests themselves weren't politically motivated initially but so many pounced on it they made it a political issue, Pence going to the Colts game just to leave is an excellent example of that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

I do argue that much of the "Respect the flag" argument over the NFL protesters really does come down to telling minorities not to make waves though. I cant imagine the backlash would be the same if it were white Johnny kneeling to protest the war on Christmas. 

No, Tim Tebow was not allowed to kneel in prayer (last time I checked Mr Tebow was white).

• Like 2

Just now, Lilly said:

No, Tim Tebow was not allowed to kneel in prayer (last time I checked Mr Tebow was white).

What do you mean he wasnt allowed to kneel in prayer? Thats just not true. 

Kneeling During Anthem, Good; Kneeling To Pray, Bad

http://newbostonpost.com/2017/09/25/kneeling-during-anthem-good-kneeling-to-pray-bad/

Matt Walsh: Kneeling to honor God is offensive but kneeling to protest America is heroic

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/matt-walsh-kneeling-to-honor-god-is-offensive-but-kneeling-to-protest-america-is-heroic/

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

What do you mean he wasnt allowed to kneel in prayer? Thats just not true. 

Mr Tebow was given a great deal of grief by the press for his kneeling, but Mr Kaepernick was not.

• Like 2

But the real fervor – the word used by the New York Times– was over Tebow’s kneeling in prayer on the field. Commentators criticized him for his overt displays of faith, and opposing players mocked him.

Tebow continued to kneel. Nothing in the rules against it.

Football coach Joseph Kennedy was not so fortunate. He lost his job for kneeling at the 50-yard line after games.

from the link in previous  post

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

Im not real sure what the point of that article was, it really doesnt make the argument "kneeling during anthem good, kneeling to pray, bad" 

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

Matt Walsh: Kneeling to honor God is offensive but kneeling to protest America is heroic

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/matt-walsh-kneeling-to-honor-god-is-offensive-but-kneeling-to-protest-america-is-heroic/

Ok this one does a better job of explaining it. Problem is the HS coach is a government employee. While I dont think he necessarily should be fired, its really trying to compare apples and oranges. 

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Mr Tebow was given a great deal of grief by the press for his kneeling, but Mr Kaepernick was not.

Wait so being given grief by the press is the new meaning of "allowed" ? Well hell just turn on foxnews and you'll see that Kaepernick isnt "allowed"  to kneel either. 

I guess 'allowed' was the incorrect word for me to have used...more like the press went after Mr Tebow in a negative manner but positively supported Mr Kaepernick.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

I guess 'allowed' was the incorrect word for me to have used...more like the press went after Mr Tebow in a negative manner but positively supported Mr Kaepernick.

Thats true. I think Tebow was his own worst enemy with that whole thing. Tebowmania was a direct result of his praying and it is Tebowmania which kept him from having a long career as an NFL backup. 

I was still flirting with Christianity at the time so I was rooting for and following the dude somewhat closely. 

Edited by Farmer77

What is the difference between the mania created by Mr Tebow and the mania being created by Mr Kaepernick?

IMO, neither of them should have been bringing either religion or politics into the work place to begin with.

• Like 2

Just now, Lilly said:

What is the difference between the mania created by Mr Tebow and the mania being created by Mr Kaepernick?

IMO, neither of them should have been bringing either religion or politics into the work place to begin with.

Actually Tebowmania was much worse on the team staff than what Kaep's got going on (although clearly not the bottom line) . Thousands of fans and media at every practice with the fans demanding that Tebow take the field. The problem was the guys game didnt translate to the NFL (although I sure would have given it a shot if I were the GM of a team). So any team who took him was left with a large percentage of their fan base p***ed off because the rockstar backup QB didnt get to play. 

I still argue that what Kaepernick did wasnt political. He's not a democrat , didnt even vote in the last election, he was just bringing attention to a problem in this nation. 

8 hours ago, joc said:

You must get around alot Gromdor!  To know what the entire American populace cares about in their hearts. And what a complete and total joke my friend....Obama refused to intervene in Benghazi...ordered troops to stand down!  It is Obama's fault that there were casualties at all in Bengahzi!!    ...and...blamed an unknown movie from YouTube for creating the whole situation when in reality, it was a planned terrorist attack against our Embassy. 

How thoroughly misinformed you are.

You should look into the green berets deaths a bit.  There are a lot of unanswered questions there that echos to me of Benghazi.  Trying to gloss over it with an NFL scandal is just as bad as blaming a YouTube video.  But it evidently seems to work better. 

What gets my goat is that Trump wants the NFL players to stand and pretend to care about the anthem, when he can't go to a coffin ceremony and pretend to care about our fallen soldiers.  You know, because golf.... http://www.politicususa.com/2017/10/11/trump-played-golf-paying-respects-green-beret-died-niger-ambush.html

Edited by Gromdor
autocorrect
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

What gets my goat is that Trump wants the NFL players to stand and pretend to care about the anthem, when he can't go to a coffin ceremony and pretend to care about our fallen soldiers.  You know, because golf.... http://www.politicususa.com/2017/10/11/trump-played-golf-paying-respects-green-beret-died-niger-ambush.html

Trump has already visited several vets, including one who lost his leg and still stood when the President entered the room. Here's an instance where Trump awarded the Purple Heart to a double amputee Vet. Just because it wasn't on CNN, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

So it looks like the NFL protests have evolved lol

DailyWire

"The No. 1 stated goal was to bring awareness to a lot of these issues and again, it's a broad spectrum of issues. Again, it’s not just police brutality and community policing," Stallworth told CNN's Ana Cabrera on Saturday, ˆThe Hill reports. "It's also — again from what I’m hearing from players directly involved in these talks — they’re telling me it’s also about the gender pay gap, it’s also about housing discrimination, they have so many things that they are interested in and advocating for and they want the NFL to take ownership in and help be able to use the NFL’s platform."

Really? It wasn't about any of those things a month ago. I have a feeling this is more about protesting Trump than it is these issues they whimsically tack on. Was Police brutality not an issue when Obama was in office? Why protest now?

No matter how you slice it, the public is even less inclined to listen to the players now that they are switching up the causes. "Gender pay gap protest" pfffffffffft

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Trump has already visited several vets, including one who lost his leg and still stood when the President entered the room. Here's an instance where Trump awarded the Purple Heart to a double amputee Vet. Just because it wasn't on CNN, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

That link was terrible example.  He congratulates the guy for getting his leg blown off!?   The article then points out how he makes it into a photo op when Obama did it privately behind closed doors.  It mentions how Trump always wanted a purple heart and his 5 deferments? And then ends with mentioning a botched raid where an American child is killed and a serviceman's father refuses to meet him? 

You are just furthering my point.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

That link was terrible example.  He congratulates the guy for getting his leg blown off!?   The article then points out how he makes it into a photo op when Obama did it privately behind closed doors.  It mentions how Trump always wanted a purple heart and his 5 deferments? And then ends with mentioning a botched raid where an American child is killed and a serviceman's father refuses to meet him? 

You are just furthering my point.

Trump showed up as...Trump. I don't understand why so many people are still surprised by what how he acts. He's a real estate mogul from NY and he's been doing that a lot longer than he's been President. 

Your point was that Trump can't be arsed to visit Vets but I showed you that is simply not true. I never said he was classy about it.

• Like 1

I was just down a YouTube rabbit hole and ended up on this somehow. I guess it’s sort of relevant to the topic and didn’t know where else to post it but wanted to share. It would be nice if more celebrities knew their place and stuck to what they do best. It’s a short clip, it’s the question about Vietnam...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Trump showed up as...Trump. I don't understand why so many people are still surprised by what how he acts. He's a real estate mogul from NY and he's been doing that a lot longer than he's been President. 

Your point was that Trump can't be arsed to visit Vets but I showed you that is simply not true. I never said he was classy about it.

Compare to THIS...geeeze....smh

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Pence going to the Colts game just to leave is an excellent example of that.

That makes what?....4 times you've brought that up already?

15 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Do you remember the pre 9/11 days? You come across as young to me , forgive me if im wrong. Before 9/11 our nation was WAY less militant in pretty much all things. This new political correctness of the right has spawned as a result of that militancy. 

Dude, you want to force people to say certain things. If the PC culture was written in two lists, one representing the right, another representing the left, the right would have like 1, while the left would have pages and pages. The left believes there is something like 56 genders. smh