Jump to content
Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
toast

Trump blasts NFL anthem protesters

1,117 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

joc
3 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

Capitalism, with time, has started to show many negative things for which communism was demonized for. There are many authors who worked out this particular subject many times and i guess it will become more popular subject in near future.

I do not defend communism by saying this. Since its birth communism has made death and disorder in many geographic areas, especially in Russia in late 19th century and was resented for good reason but capitalism surely is not utopia and in the 21st century it is showing it's byproducts all over the planet.

There is no Utopia! That is just the reality of this world! There is no Utopia!

But capitalism overall has greatly increased the standard of living for the parts of the world which have  embraced it!

 I never said capitalism was perfect ...but  communism is totally imperfect!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Sir Smoke aLot
5 minutes ago, joc said:

There is no Utopia! That is just the reality of this world! There is no Utopia!

But capitalism overall has greatly increased the standard of living for the parts of the world which have  embraced it!

 I never said capitalism was perfect ...but  communism is totally imperfect!

 

 

I agree about communism but price which is seemingly being payed because of capitalism and having that increased standard and necessity to do all sorts of things to preserve it seems too high.

After all, every type of government has tendency to became corrupted and became tool in hands of criminals if not worked on improving it and fixing it's flaws. Especially those flaws which can be foreseen.

Ancient Greek philosophers have worked out this subject so good jet just a little has been actually learned from them :) Interesting times we live in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
18 minutes ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

I agree about communism but price which is seemingly being payed because of capitalism and having that increased standard and necessity to do all sorts of things to preserve it seems too high.

After all, every type of government has tendency to became corrupted and became tool in hands of criminals if not worked on improving it and fixing it's flaws. Especially those flaws which can be foreseen.

Ancient Greek philosophers have worked out this subject so good jet just a little has been actually learned from them :) Interesting times we live in.

Interesting times for sure!

However, are not all quote-unquote times interesting? This is an interesting planet is it not?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Smoke aLot
10 minutes ago, joc said:

This is an interesting planet is it not?

Yes, indeed it is but with all taken into account i would not be surprised if 'interesting' gets on my list of 'relative terms' too, given enough time :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS

At this point I’d love to see the fans revolt and start throwing play-doh on the field.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
4 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Hmmm....I hadn't noticed.   But then again....the NFL can do whatever they want...I don't really care.

Guess you could say I am an EX-NFL fan.  Cowboys win or lose...don't care.  Patriots win or lose...don't care.  Eagles win or lose...don't care. Packers win or lose...don't care.  Texans...whoever the hell they are.... I just don't really care.

Edited by joc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
8 hours ago, joc said:

Hmmm....I hadn't noticed.   But then again....the NFL can do whatever they want...I don't really care.

Guess you could say I am an EX-NFL fan.  Cowboys win or lose...don't care.  Patriots win or lose...don't care.  Eagles win or lose...don't care. Packers win or lose...don't care.  Texans...whoever the hell they are.... I just don't really care.

Yep, that's me. I just don't care anymore. Im surprised how easy the transition has been. I guess I get the tribal warrior inside me satisfied at my sons games now. They are kicking ass too lol. Playoffs start next week.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS
6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Yep, that's me. I just don't care anymore. Im surprised how easy the transition has been. I guess I get the tribal warrior inside me satisfied at my sons games now. They are kicking ass too lol. Playoffs start next week.

I recall a line in a movie (?) about these two obsessed sports fanatics where someone asked them why do they invest so much time and energy into the achievements of other men.

Thats kind of the way I’ve always felt, more-so now than ever. I like sports, I appreciate the work that goes into them and I understand fandom. I just don’t understand fantacism and I’ve seen so many people take pro sports way to seriously and personally. I get the economic benefits to the city and things like that but win or lose the game probably has zero real affect on your life, unless you want it to. That energy and emotion can be better served on yourself. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
1 hour ago, F3SS said:

I recall a line in a movie (?) about these two obsessed sports fanatics where someone asked them why do they invest so much time and energy into the achievements of other men.

Thats kind of the way I’ve always felt, more-so now than ever. I like sports, I appreciate the work that goes into them and I understand fandom. I just don’t understand fantacism and I’ve seen so many people take pro sports way to seriously and personally. I get the economic benefits to the city and things like that but win or lose the game probably has zero real affect on your life, unless you want it to. That energy and emotion can be better served on yourself. 

Totally agree. People do take this way to seriously. I have always been a big fan, but I never take it personally. I'm a X Giant fan, and a few of my Giants buddies are always talking about how they hate other teams, and their fans. That's when I reminded them that without that other team, and their fans, what would be the point? We need each other for this thing to work.

I was listening to Alex Jones talk about crazy fans, and how they live their lives based on how well their team is doing, and ignore real and important things going on all around them. Many of these people couldn't tell you who our vice president in the last administration was. So I took a second and self reflected. Thankfully I can say, I've never gone that far. I used football as a fun distraction from examining real life issues. It was a break from real life, not real life itself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

Papa John Loses Dough: Pizza Chain Founder Loses $70 Million In Hours, Blames NFL.

Papa John's founder John Schnatter said sales are down due to "negative consumer sentiment" regarding the company's relationship with the NFL. Schnatter also called the NFL "an example of poor leadership," according to Maze

 

Pizza chain Papa John's announced Wednesday that it is pulling its advertising associated with the NFL, according to ESPN's Darren Rovell.  Per Jonathan Maze of Nation's Restaurant News, Papa John's founder John Schnatter said sales are down due to "negative consumer sentiment" regarding the company's relationship with the NFL. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/47225997-0ced-3481-b10e-a7ef2631eb7f/ss_papa-john's-pulls.html

 

i do not care about NFL, but their pizza is garbage, guaranteed heartburn and indigestion. 

Edited by aztek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
12 minutes ago, aztek said:

Papa John Loses Dough: Pizza Chain Founder Loses $70 Million In Hours, Blames NFL.

Papa John's founder John Schnatter said sales are down due to "negative consumer sentiment" regarding the company's relationship with the NFL. Schnatter also called the NFL "an example of poor leadership," according to Maze

 

The silent majority has spoken.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.
33 minutes ago, aztek said:

Papa John Loses Dough: Pizza Chain Founder Loses $70 Million In Hours, Blames NFL.

Papa John's founder John Schnatter said sales are down due to "negative consumer sentiment" regarding the company's relationship with the NFL. Schnatter also called the NFL "an example of poor leadership," according to Maze

 

Pizza chain Papa John's announced Wednesday that it is pulling its advertising associated with the NFL, according to ESPN's Darren Rovell.  Per Jonathan Maze of Nation's Restaurant News, Papa John's founder John Schnatter said sales are down due to "negative consumer sentiment" regarding the company's relationship with the NFL. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/47225997-0ced-3481-b10e-a7ef2631eb7f/ss_papa-john's-pulls.html

 

i do not care about NFL, but their pizza is garbage, guaranteed heartburn and indigestion. 

Well, he spent millions sponsoring Leah Pritchett's NHRA Top Fuel dragster.

Leah-Pritchett-2017-Bristol-Saturday.jpg

I agree that his pizza is garbage though, and I'm not crazy about him either.

Peyton Manning probably isn't too happy either.

Why Peyton Manning Bought 21 Papa John's Pizza Restaurants

Newsflash: Peyton is rich and Colorado has legal pot for muncies

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor

I think it will be Xi Jinping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.