Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
toast

Trump blasts NFL anthem protesters

1,117 posts in this topic

President-Elect Acidhead
1 minute ago, third_eye said:

What I'm saying is her Americanism was not thrown back at her face and told to 'leave' is what I'm saying ...

~

Personally I think she tried her best!!! Like really... didnt anybody watch her sitcom?  Lol

• Like 2

F3SS
Just now, third_eye said:

Just giving you the picture of what we see outside the fish bowl here ... not pulling the wool over the eyes or rug from under the feet ...

~

Ok but what do you see as a distraction given that he brings up all his most controversial things in one speech including the big one from the UN? The fact that he threw something new in there? 

third_eye
Just now, acidhead said:

Personally I think she tried her best!!! Like really... didnt anybody watch her sitcom?  Lol

I agree ... for myself personally I found her sitcom 'refreshingly' honest ... seeing most of the others were 'the Jeffersons' and the 'Cosby Show' rip offs ... and John Goodman ... what a revelation ... :lol:

~

[00.01:31]

~

2 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Ok but what do you see as a distraction given that he brings up all his most controversial things in one speech including the big one from the UN? The fact that he threw something new in there? 

Local and International Issues ... to you there may not be a distinct difference as 'America' 

To us outside the US ... there is a very wide gulf of what is and what not ... :tu:

~

• Like 3

Will Do
45 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

It is simple -

The richest and most pampered athletes in the USA are saying that they hate this country and want to see it fall. 

For all I know, they hate me too, since I would be willing to stand by my country. 

If these guys, and I do mean the entire industry, have not taken a massive hit in the pocketbook by this time next year, then We the People are just too stupid to continue to live in a United country.

I was already bored with pro-Sports, it will be easy for me to avoid any type of support for these spoiled punks.

How about the rest of you? 

Me and my high school buddies go back to 1972 when we first met. Altogether, there's about a dozen of us. We are all hard core sports fans. We don't root for the same teams and we're quite diverse in our cultural backgrounds and race. Can't help that, we went to high school in Southern California. 

This morning one of my buddies, who's a die hard Raiders and Celtics fan got on our group text, the one that works like a private forum for us, or a clearinghouse for the "WTF are you guys doing tonight you scrotums" thing, and went crazy this morning about how the players in London didn't stand for our anthem but stood for God save the Queen. 

He was, and still is furious about it all, like we all are, and has whipped up everyone into a frenzy.

Where it stands now is that we will be getting together soon to burn ALL the sports memorabilia we all own and make a blood brother oath to each other to NEVER watch a pro sporting event EVER AGAIN.

Period.

End of story.

• Like 2

F3SS
1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Me and my high school buddies go back to 1972 when we first met. Altogether, there's about a dozen of us. We are all hard core sports fans. We don't root for the same teams and we're quite diverse in our cultural backgrounds and race. Can't help that, we went to high school in Southern California. 

This morning one of my buddies, who's a die hard Raiders and Celtics fan got on our group text, the one that works like a private forum for us, or a clearinghouse for the "WTF are you guys doing tonight you scrotums" thing, and went crazy this morning about how the players in London didn't stand for our anthem but stood for God save the Queen. 

He was, and still is furious about it all, like we all are, and has whipped up everyone into a frenzy.

Where it stands now is that we will be getting together soon to burn ALL the sports memorabilia we all own and make a blood brother oath to each other to NEVER watch a pro sporting event EVER AGAIN.

Period.

End of story.

That’s pretty intense man. Have you guys considered eBay instead?

• Like 6

third_eye
1 minute ago, F3SS said:

My thoughts exactly ... :tu:

~

• Like 2

F3SS

It sounds the the premise of a Stephen king movie. They all make a pact, each keeps a dark secret that is holding on to the one most valuable piece of memorabilia all to themselves and then the devil shows up to teach them all a lesson about blood oaths. Good luck WillDue! 

• Like 5

third_eye
Just now, F3SS said:

It sounds the the premise of a Stephen king movie. They all make a pact, each keeps a dark secret that is holding on to the one most valuable piece of memorabilia all to themselves and then the devil shows up to teach them all a lesson about blood oaths. Good luck WillDue! 

Well ... Will will never know ... :lol:

~

[00.04:04]

~

Will Do
12 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Like I said, we're blood brothers. A lot of history. A lot of living. Kind of a big family. 

I mentioned (probably in another thread) that I won't ever hesitate to die for my children and friends. None of us ever will because although we are ordinary and average dirtbag men, we always stand and fight for principal. We're definitely far from perfect but when it comes to principal, money is the least thing to be concerned about.

This time, it's kind of the main point.

Believe me, we've burned things before.

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 3

F3SS
4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Well ... Will will never know ... :lol:

~

[00.04:04]

~

That video has slow motion voice? What’s up with that? Anyways I agree Roseanne was a good show. It was real. In fact the entire series dvd case is right in front of me on the entertainment stand cause my kids got into it and threw like 25 dvds all over the place today.

• Like 3

CrimsonKing
2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Like I said, we're blood brothers. A lot of history. A lot of living. Kind of a big family. 

I mentioned (probably in another thread) that I won't ever hesitate to die for my children and friends. None of us ever will because although we are ordinary and average dirtbag men, we always stand and fight for principal. We're definitely far from perfect but when it comes to principal, money is the least thing to be concerned about.

Just send all signed items my way,i will dispose of them properly... :D

• Like 3

F3SS
4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I have to appreciate the conviction you guys hold. I just hope you never take issue with your homes, cars or clothes.

• Like 3

third_eye
Just now, F3SS said:

That video has slow motion voice? What’s up with that? Anyways I agree Roseanne was a good show. It was real. In fact the entire series dvd case is right in front of me on the entertainment stand cause my kids got into it and threw like 25 dvds all over the place today.

Nahhhh ... I think the uploader messed up with the 'sound effects' to make the intense scene more 'ominous' :lol:

Like some sort of Blood Oath scenario gone wrong ... I agree ... its irritating to say the least ...

~

• Like 2

Will Do
7 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I have to appreciate the conviction you guys hold. I just hope you never take issue with your homes, cars or clothes.

Well, back in 74, the guys in the next campsite were drinking the wrong beer.

When the Ukranian amongst us found out (he is descended from blood drinking Cossacks), we had to stop him from dousing one of them with kerosene because he wanted to light the guy on fire!

• Like 1

Kurzweil

Ok. A little confused here..so am I racist for respecting the national anthem? Waiting for that spin.

Christ, what will I be called next.

• Like 2

ChrLzs

Forgive me for seeing the problem as rather simple... (and applicable to much more than just this thread..)

Judging by the attitudes from both sides viciously lambasting the other, and raising remarkably inappropriate 'analogies'... let's summarise..  It's the new age of divisiveness, the new era of hating everyone who doesn't do what you think is right, whether or not it involves violence (or lack of it), whether or not it is about freedom of speech, or the long lost concept of live-and-let-live.

I'm pretty sure this is why there are no aliens - at this point in all species development, I suspect they gradually whip themselves into divisive and angry frenzies over irrelevancies like this non-issue and effectively end up hating themselves to death, instead of .. oh you know, working together, maybe asking people why they are protesting, trying to improve things, discussing politely, respecting other's opinions, being polite... (yeah, from me that's funny, hey..?)  There's a reason why I usually butt out of these incredibly tedious and depressing threads.  There are people here who I'm sure know better, but would rather just continue the kicking and ad hominems and divisive and exaggerated 'analogies', instead of working on solutions....

Anyway, that's enough from me.

To those who respond that I don't respect your flag, well that's true.  Don't live in the US and I'm not really into symbolism/patriotism anyway.

To those who tell me not to let the door hit me as I now leave, oh, don't worry - like I said, I'd rather not be involved in this sort of utter waste of time, other than for a brief bit of reading, with a mixture of amusement and sadness at what we have become..

• Like 3

Likely Guy
3 hours ago, Michelle said:

I don't watch sports, but I quit watching any award shows when they started getting so political a few years ago.

I stopped watching TV nine years ago. Every now and then, at a friend's place, it reminds me why.

Now I just read and listen.

• Like 5

Likely Guy
1 hour ago, Kurzweil said:

Ok. A little confused here..so am I racist for respecting the national anthem? Waiting for that spin.

Christ, what will I be called next.

No, by being disrespectful of those who who are being disrespectful, you are being disrespectful of their right to be disrespectful.

Can you respect that?.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

toyomotor

Regardless of who it is, or the cause they espouse, it's sad to see people prominent in the community disrespect their country in such a manner.

The National Anthem doesn't stand for the government, or it's policies, but for the people both past and present who have sacrificed so much in order to make the country what it is today.

Sad!!

• Like 4

Likely Guy
2 minutes ago, toyomotor said:

Regardless of who it is, or the cause they espouse, it's sad to see people prominent in the community disrespect their country in such a manner.

The National Anthem doesn't stand for the government, or it's policies, but for the people both past and present who have sacrificed so much in order to make the country what it is today.

Sad!!

I love my country (Canada) and do sing the anthem when I have the occasion, but would never begrudge an Indigenous Canadian (for example) for not doing the same, or in this case, taking a knee.

"To make the country what is is today", you said.

Is any country perfect? What if that's not good enough? Why not try to make it better? Isn't a silent protest better than throwing rocks and burning cars?

• Like 3

Kismit

Just an interjection.

When George Bush jnr,decided to send troops into Iraq, anyone who was against the war was called un-patriotic, people where told if they where against the war, they where against the soldiers themselves. I'm sure over time, we all saw that was not the case.

I can see very similar arguments being made on this issue, I'm gonna reflect on that for awhile. 

Is it o.k. to protest the right to protest? Or is that only o.k. if it's not during work hours or if you are not a public figure?

It's a ponderer, that's for sure.

• Like 1

Space Commander Travis
27 minutes ago, toyomotor said:

I must confess to being absolutely baffled how kneeling, which is what one does in church to express one's respect toward God, can be seen as a sign of disrespect. 

In any case, in what kind of countries are people practically ordered to stand and mouth expressions of allegiance to the State? 

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 2

Michelle

Chrl_zs, the vast majority of us get along perfectly fine on a daily basis and have for many years.

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

instead of .. oh you know, working together, maybe asking people why they are protesting, trying to improve things, discussing politely, respecting other's opinions, being polite..

The Antifa movement has become a major thorn in everyone's side, on both sides of the pond. I've spoken to them and they don't seem to have a general consensus on what they are protesting. I've also talked to minorities, these mostly white social justice warriors claim to represent. They aren't fond of them at all. Antifa is making their lives more difficult.

BLM feel like blacks are unjustly being victimized by the police. I would be fine supporting them...if and when...the facts didn't support it was a justified shooting. I will not support them when they riot and loot their own neighborhoods over a thug with a rap sheet a mile long after being caught in a crime.

Local governments backed down on the Confederate memorials and started removing them. That wasn't good enough. Now they are going after Columbus statues and any American president who was from the south. They want to remove any evidence of men who owned slaves in a time it was totally acceptable to do so. They will accept Senator Robert Byrd went from a KKK recruiter to Hillary Clinton's mentor, but won't accept all of the good done by the people whose memorials they demand to be removed. “J. Marion Sims conducted horrific, painful, medical atrocities on non-anesthetized enslaved black women with free rein,” I hate to tell them, everyone was experimented on at the time. Anesthesia consisted mostly of whiskey and medicine was all experimental.

The phrase 'give them an inch and they'll take a mile" comes to mind.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 4

Peter B
3 hours ago, Will Due said:

You know, I get the impression that's what Colin Kaepernick thinks too.

Michelle
1 hour ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

In any case, in what kind of countries are people practically ordered to stand and mouth expressions of allegiance to the State? 

It isn't the country. They signed a contact to adhere to the league rules which has a clause pertaining to it.

I don't know why this is so difficult to understand. There is an image the company you work for wants to uphold. It is a simple contract case. People are fired every day because of it...even if it is a dress code.

Edited by Michelle