Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sweden to expand military, start conscription

The Caspian Hare

40 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

it's very kind of you to suggest it, but I do know the difference between Denmark and Sweden thank you. I also know the difference between the Kattegat and the Skagerrak, which I bet not everyone does. 

Please accept my apologies. My comment was meant humorously - an aspect you usually appreciate. Have I missed your response in which you explain how you mixed up Denmark with Sweden?

I read it somewhere, ok? heavens, the amount people have been going on about it. :rolleyes: 

6 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Mixing up Sweden and Norway is fine by me, but mixing up Denmark with Sweden or Norway is a duelling issue. :P

You might be right about mixing it up, but I still think that people ought to make sure they atleast get the country right. Is that really so much to ask for ?

Last year I heard a literary commentator on T.V. say that Jo Nesbo had overtaken Stieg Larsson as Sweden's best-selling author. You would think people in the media ought to know better. I am sure we will next be hearing that Abba are reforming for a one-off concert in their home-town of Copenhagen ... 

2 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

I read it somewhere, ok? heavens, the amount people have been going on about it. :rolleyes: 

When you have a Norwegian wife, these things matter! Scandinavia is more than just a cold place at the top of Europe. Can you imagine what a Scotsman would do to anyone who mixed him up with an Englishman? The bloodshed would be hideous!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Sorry for trying to debate based on facts, rather than some vague "I read it somewhere". Silly me. :whistle: