Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Questions, Questions.....

acute

7 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Tilting, with an L.

Can you spell it without one?

• Like 2

On 11/3/2017 at 0:32 PM, Matt221 said:

How come whenever you start to sing, you automatically sing in a higher voice than you talk?

That's because, even though they apparently emanate from the same pie hole, singing and talking are from completely different places... just off the top of my head...

On 11/4/2017 at 11:41 AM, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Contra-rotating propellers. How do they work then?

it's all here: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contra-rotating_propellers

neat idea, not to be confused with another prop/config refinement: Counter-rotating propellers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-rotating_propellers

What would the proper wheel barrow be for moving bricks?

Edited by purrrpetrator
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, purrrpetrator said:

What would the proper wheel barrow be for moving bricks?

Any wheel barrow I would have thought and concentrate the bricks over and immediately behind the (well inflated) wheel. Shouldn't that do the trick?

Edited by Ozymandias

We can chew and swallow food while lying down, so why is it so difficult to drink when horizontal?

Edited by acute

9 hours ago, acute said:

We can chew and swallow food while lying down, so why is it so difficult to drink when horizontal?

Is it because to be horizontal you must already have had a skinful? :)

• Like 3

How does rocket propulsion work in a vacuum when Newtons third law requires an equal and opposite reaction? *twilight zone music kicks in*

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Mork said:

How does rocket propulsion work in a vacuum when Newtons third law requires an equal and opposite reaction? *twilight zone music kicks in*

The vacuum is irrelevant. Blow up a party balloon and let it go. The differential in pressure between the air inside the balloon and the atmospheric pressure outside means that air rushes out the neck of the balloon thus creating a force that propels it in the opposite direction. Letting the balloon go in space vacuum has exactly the same result only that one side of the pressure differential is zero (not atmospheric) pressue.

• Like 2

Did I take that question too seriously?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

Why are there exceptions to every rule ?

Because the Authorities, and celebrities, have to have loopholes that exempt them from having to follow the rules that everyone has else to.

• Like 3

How does an exception prove a rule? 

• Like 1

I wish you boys would just STOP IT! Your Questions, Questions, Questions are making my head hurt. Haven't you got anything better to do? Like the dishes.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

How does an exception prove a rule? 

Ah, that's proving as in the sense of 'testing', to prove that the argument is capable of standing up . So it's the exception that tests the rule, and if the rule still holds firm, then it's been proved to be satisfactory. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

I wish you boys would just STOP IT! Your Questions, Questions, Questions are making my head hurt. Haven't you got anything better to do? Like the dishes.

Believe it or not my missus has me house trained after 33 years. It has been a slow imperceptible process of reconditioning. I am responsible for the dishes and dishwasher. She thinks she's Jamie Oliver and leaves an awful mess in the kitchen but her cooking is the best. :)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

Are Lobsters mermaid scorpions?

Jeeze...you still believe scorpions are real?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Believe it or not my missus has me house trained after 33 years. It has been a slow imperceptible process of reconditioning. I am responsible for the dishes and dishwasher. She thinks she's Jamie Oliver and leaves an awful mess in the kitchen but her cooking is the best. :)

33 years? Jeeze that must have been an awful lot of dishes to catch up on!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Ah, that's proving as in the sense of 'testing', to prove that the argument is capable of standing up . So it's the exception that tests the rule, and if the rule still holds firm, then it's been proved to be satisfactory. 

6 times i have read that and i still don't get it. Can you type it slower?

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

33 years? Jeeze that must have been an awful lot of dishes to catch up on!

A life sentence! And she's so fussy. All the plates, cups, cutlery etc can go in the dishwasher (and not be packed any old way either) but pots, pans and oven wear have to be hand-washed to a sparkling clean. I tell you, I earn my dinner! 

But don't you think men should help out in the home?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

A life sentence! And she's so fussy. All the plates, cups, cutlery etc can go in the dishwasher (and not be packed any old way either) but pots, pans and oven wear have to be hand-washed to a sparkling clean. I tell you, I earn my dinner! 

But don't you think men should help out in the home?

My husband did the dishes a couple of times, we lost 1 plate and 2 glasses and he threw the oven dish out the window into the river. But he does a mean roast dinner.

He is not house tidy...but i am and it works better that way. He takes care of the engine a Lister 2, and chops the wood and dies general maintenance of the boat. Call me old fashion, but i have the "woman" jobs and he has the "man" jobs. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, freetoroam said:

My husband did the dishes a couple of times, we lost 1 plate and 2 glasses and he threw the oven dish out the window into the river. But he does a mean roast dinner.

He is not house tidy...but i am and it works better that way. He takes care of the engine a Lister 2, and chops the wood and dies general maintenance of the boat. Call me old fashion, but i have the "woman" jobs and he has the "man" jobs. 

Horses for courses, Freetoroam. We have the same general split into men's work and women's work - its our generation - but the edges are blurred. I do the bins, the car, the gardens and the DIY and she does the housework. But she helps a bit in the garden and I help a bit in the house.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

We have no choice but to wash our own dishes!  We don't all have a brand new dishwasher-cum-gnome-shelf, you know.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Why must the boys stop it and what is doing the dishes .... is it a dance?

Ps Don't tell my wife i asked this question

• Like 2