Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
acute

Questions, Questions.....

205 posts in this topic

as mentioned in this song.

The well known perfume, Channel No. 5; were there four before it that Ms. Coco Channel tried out first but decided she hadn't got quite right?

1 hour ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

The well known perfume, Channel No. 5; were there four before it that Ms. Coco Channel tried out first but decided she hadn't got quite right?

Sort of :lol:

"Iconography of the No. 5 name

At the age of twelve, Chanel was handed over to the care of nuns, and for the next six years spent a stark, disciplined existence in a convent orphanage, Aubazine, founded by Cistercians in the 12th century. From her earliest days there, the number five had potent associations for her. For Chanel, the number five was especially esteemed as signifying the pure embodiment of a thing, its spirit, its mystic meaning. The paths that led Chanel to the cathedral for daily prayer were laid out in circular patterns repeating the number five.

Her affinity for the number five co-mingled with the abbey gardens, and by extension the lush surrounding hillsides abounding with cistus, a five-petal rose.

In 1920, when presented with small glass vials containing sample scent compositions numbered 1 to 5 and 20 to 24 for her assessment, she chose the fifth vial. Chanel told her master perfumer, Ernest Beaux, whom she had commissioned to develop a fragrance with modern innovations: "I present my dress collections on the fifth of May, the fifth month of the year and so we will let this sample number five keep the name it has already, it will bring good luck.""

Man, I need sleep... and new hobbies... :unsure2:

2 people like this

Why does Miguel Xavier El Portillo always introduce himself to the people eh's meeting on his TV adventures with "Hi, I'm Michael". Considering that the people he's meeting were there for the specific purpose of meeting El Portillo,  it's not like he just happened to bump into just the person who knows all about what it is that he wants to talk about, and there's a camera crew just out of shot, and those rubbery lips and flamboyant jackets stand out from several kilometres away, I should think they're probably likely to already know that.  

1 person likes this