Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elon Musk to give update on SpaceX Mars plans

UM-Bot

''We just need to change the populations because currently we have seven billion people on Earth and none on Mars''

Maybe there's a reason why nobody live on Mars... lol, but we will see if we are able to do a colonization in this century.

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Maybe there's a reason why nobody live on Mars... 

There sure is a reason... it's because until now we haven't had the technology to get there. Kind of difficult to live on a place you can't reach.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

There sure is a reason... it's because until now we haven't had the technology to get there. Kind of difficult to live on a place you can't reach.

I giggled when I read that in the article. :lol:

• Like 1

Gravity is only 37% of what it is here; that means I'd weigh 63% less on mars? Yes please sign me up! Good bey and good riddance to dieting! :P

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nostrodumbass said:

Gravity is only 37% of what it is here; that means I'd weigh 63% less on mars? Yes please sign me up! Good bey and good riddance to dieting! :P

Is it really so bad to be healthy? Don't worry there is vitamin chocolate, mineral cupcake and omega  milk tart in the fridge. :P 

Don't know for how long I may add........

Edited by MissCalamity
To taunt Nostrodumbass..
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MissCalamity said:

Is it really so bad to be healthy? Don't worry there is vitamin chocolate, mineral cupcake and omega  milk tart in the fridge. :P 

When you add the words vitamin, mineral or omega before any tasty meal it means its going to be tasteless.<_<

Just give me the real thing and lets move to mars! :D

• Like 1

It's funny how people only look at the fun aspects of living on Mars and are totally ignorant about the harsh realities of living in such an hostile environment.
Not to mention how the long time effects of living in a low gravity environment and increased radiation exposure, would have on the human body as well. The cellular changes to the body that would greatly affect how we evolve as humans and how any offspring born there would develop and mutate/ deform into a whole new type of life form over time. It might even be impossible for human life as we know it to propagate with out resulting in some kind of deformities/birth defects in low gravity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eddword said:

It's funny how people only look at the fun aspects of living on Mars and are totally ignorant about the harsh realities of living in such an hostile environment.

Agreed, too many movies. It'll be Jamestown 2.0.

If we aren't able to generate an artificial gravity close to Earth inside the structures we'll make, I wonder how the people living there will retain their muscle tone.  I guess some type of resistance equipment or super heavy weights of some kind.