Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

H.H Holmes Could Have Been Jack the Ripper

Adampadum123

• The title was changed to H.H Holmes Could Have Been Jack the Ripper

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Keel M.

• Dark_Grey

• skliss

• Adampadum123

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the idea is silly.

First of all, their respective methods of murdering the women were vastly different. Second, their choice of victims were different: Jack murdered prostitutes while Holmes murdered ordinary girls who had traveled to Chicago in the hopes of finding employment. There’s never been a serial killer who has suddenly changed his method of killing nor his choice of victims. There’s usually a very specific reason why serial killers go after the people they do. Third, and most important of all, there’s a clearly documented trail of Holmes’ whereabouts here in the United States while the Ripper murders were happening. He was busy here being married to two women at the same time and having a little girl with one. I can’t see how he’d suddenly have interest in traipsing off to England to murder a few whores. 

HH Holmes was a fascinating killer, though. Very charming - the original "Psycho"

On 9/27/2017 at 11:01 AM, Keel M. said:

I think the idea is silly.

First of all, their respective methods of murdering the women were vastly different. Second, their choice of victims were different: Jack murdered prostitutes while Holmes murdered ordinary girls who had traveled to Chicago in the hopes of finding employment. There’s never been a serial killer who has suddenly changed his method of killing nor his choice of victims. There’s usually a very specific reason why serial killers go after the people they do. Third, and most important of all, there’s a clearly documented trail of Holmes’ whereabouts here in the United States while the Ripper murders were happening. He was busy here being married to two women at the same time and having a little girl with one. I can’t see how he’d suddenly have interest in traipsing off to England to murder a few whores. 

Actually, during the show American Ripper they found there was a time gap for Holmes in America at the same time the Ripper murders occurred.  Also they found ships manifests with the names of his aliases as passengers to and from London, again at the pertinent times.  Something else that was interesting, they went to a university and read the actual descriptions from reports taken from the 13 eyewitnesses in the Ripper case and when plugged into the universities forensic computer, by an expert, the resulting composite looked eerily like Holmes. There were other revelations...I'll be interested to see if they come up with something else.

They will come up with what they want to come up with. That's how these things happen. And everyone will see it because they want to see it.