Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman arrested over 1990 'killer clown' case

UM-Bot

How? She pricked her finger on a rose before handing it over? Her nose fell off with a booger in it? Hm.

My thoughts exactly.... I think the husband is the master mind behind all this, he killed his ex wife and he is tired of his current wife. Planting the evidence because he has a regular customer at their restaurant who is a police officer and they became friends. So the friend didn't mind to help reopen the case and pin it on Sheila...

Great minds like alike!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MissCalamity said:

My thoughts exactly.... I think the husband is the master mind behind all this, he killed his ex wife and he is tired of his current wife. Planting the evidence because he has a regular customer at their restaurant who is a police officer and they became friends. So the friend didn't mind to help reopen the case and pin it on Sheila...

Where on earth did you get all that extra information?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MissCalamity said:

Planted what evidence? She was picked out by the assistants in the shop as buying the outfit and then another shop as buying the flowers.

Workers at a costume shop in West Palm Beach called detectives on the evening of the murder and said that a woman had bought a clown costume, makeup, orange wig and red nose two days earlier.

Two store clerks described the woman and later picked Keen out of a photo lineup, the reports said.

Clerks at a Publix supermarket less than a mile from Keen`s home also identified Keen as the woman who bought flowers and balloons about 90 minutes before the killing

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1990-09-07/news/9002120796_1_detectives-getaway-car-clown

The husband did not plant any of that...she bought them.

He married her after he came out of  prison and they were together running a restuarant when she was arrested

Little information about the couple's recent lives was immediately available, but the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office said Michael and Sheila Warren were running a restaurant in Tennessee when authorities arrived to arrest her.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Columbo said:

Where on earth did you get all that extra information?

I think my imagination..

9 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Planted what evidence? She was picked out by the assistants in the shop as buying the outfit and then another shop as buying the flowers.

I did read the article on bbc http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41412020 not a lot of information there..

9 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Workers at a costume shop in West Palm Beach called detectives on the evening of the murder and said that a woman had bought a clown costume, makeup, orange wig and red nose two days earlier.

Two store clerks described the woman and later picked Keen out of a photo lineup, the reports said.

Clerks at a Publix supermarket less than a mile from Keen`s home also identified Keen as the woman who bought flowers and balloons about 90 minutes before the killing

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1990-09-07/news/9002120796_1_detectives-getaway-car-clown

The husband did not plant any of that...she bought them.

He married her after he came out of  prison and they were together running a restuarant when she was arrested

Thanks for the info will check it out.

She and her husband lived in the town next to mine. They used to own a restaurant called The Purple Cow.

She was a suspect at the time, but was never arrested because all the evidence was purely circumstantial.

http://www.wcyb.com/news/virginia/washington-county-va/neighbors-in-shock-sheila-warren-arrested-in-1990-killer-clown-murder/627156423

Edited by SecretSanta

• 4 weeks later...

There is a lot of evidence againt her, but I can't imagine the husband not knowing anything about this. I suspect he was involved but knew they would be looking at him as a suspect before anyone else and that is probably why she commited the crime. On the other hand the crime was clearly not well planned.