Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scratching noises coming from my warderobe.

SaltyMemes

So, hello there. 

I am SaltyMemes, a new member of this board. I became interested in signing up after the never ending stories to read and decide to share a little one of my own.

So, recently i have been hearing scratching noises coming from my warderobe in the living room whenever i sleep downstairs, it can be described as a claw of some sort scratching two times up and down and then it just stops. It happens around 00:15 and 00:45 and every other hour. I checked it and there are not rats/mice or anything in it and it only really happens at night. I, with my family came to a conclusion of something paranormal.

Can any of you help me?

(I'll might make an audio recording of it and a photo of the warderobe)

Thanks!

SaltyMemes.

Stay up until the scratching starts and then immediately whisk the door open and have a look - mid-scratch. Get someone to film it just in case it's something that's never been seen before :) 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Stay up until the scratching starts and then immediately whisk the door open and have a look - mid-scratch. Get someone to film it just in case it's something that's never been seen before :) 

That'd be pointless. He'll never find me.

• Like 3

it'll be a lion. It always is.

Don't worry, they're usually friendly

• Like 6

My father-in-law who passed away last month at 91 was nearly deaf the last few years but he used to tell us that he heard a loud BANG outside his apartment backdoor and wanted us to help him find the source.  His apartment was built inside a metal building that had been a shop/barn.  Because we live in a hurricane zone we decided to have a reinforced concrete shelter built and then created the living space inside it.  I point that out because the walls were 1 ft. thick, the ceiling, 6 in. thick and there was just no way he could have actually heard any sound quieter than a gunshot outside his door.  We are about to move into that little space while we renovate the house so I'll report here if I hear the BANG!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

What's in the wardrobe?

I want to like this, I think it might be very clever... equally it could be nothing more than the mundane question it appears to be...

Yeah, I'm basically insane.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, and then said:

We are about to move into that little space while we renovate the house so I'll report here if I hear the BANG!

I find the best way to stop BANGING in a house is to get married.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Stiff said:

There are always two scratches. I even opened it when it happend and well..

Nothing.

• Like 1

Have you tried taking everything out of it and then opening it when you hear the scratching? 

Rodents are fast and they can hide easily. 

It really does sound like a rodent, but in the absence of one, there are things you can do to get rid of it. 

Use something from your belief system, and in the absence of that, you could youtube the LBRP. 

51 minutes ago, SaltyMemes said:

There are always two scratches. I even opened it when it happend and well..

Nothing.

Maybe it's behind the wardrobe then. Pull the wardrobe away from the wall and see if it still happens.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stiff said:

Maybe it's behind the wardrobe then. Pull the wardrobe away from the wall and see if it still happens.

We moved it a couple nights ago and strangely it kept happening.

47 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

Are there marks on the inside from claws. Is there any way to set up a camera to film it? 

No marks, it has a very dark natural color on the inside and we haven't found anything.

mouse or rat ... tricky little b*****s often hard to see traces of.   A recording would be good as I am very familiar with the sounds they make .

Wait!   What if it a ghost rat ?  :o

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Wait!   What if it a ghost rat ?  :o

I know just the member to call.:lol:

I have to agree though. Might just be a rodent of some kind. 

• Like 2

I was hearing a scuffle noise a bit like a rat but different .    Pulled a cupboard out and it was coming from in the wall behind cupboard.   Went outside and there was a little gap and a loose board and some lifted up insulation paper, so I ripped the board off to expose the nest and .... 

Image result for Bat Nest in Wall

another time, ratty scrathes in wall, then I see a rat tail hanging down from a crack inside , So I think, I grab it and pull it hard , that'll scare him off. But as I got closer I realised it wasn't a rat tail !   It had a funny rippled texture on the end on one side   and when I touched it it coiled up

Image result for ringtail possom tail

rodent tails don't do that ....  so I carefully removed that board    and 

Image result for ringtail possom tail

Gurrarhn !   Little nib - nib  !      So  I  cut a door in the board, attached with a hinge and little slide bolt and screwed the board back in place.  Mum came home later ( via the outside gap, So now I had 2 gurrarhns living in the wall, I attacked a box and then nailed the board back on that, they could come and go via outside hole, or I could open the inside door and put them, feed them honey on a stick.  In winter I would put a  drink bottle of warm water in there when they came home at dawn.

Then  I thought that was a bit silly one day after I did it, so I went back and opened the door to see and they were both squatting next to it with their hands on it  :D 

I also got these guys living in the tree  and in the outhouse next to it

Image result for Baby Sugargliders     

and their relatives   ' feather tail glider'

Image result for feather tail glider

never know what can move into your walls ! 

• Like 5

Sound travels...it could be something scraping an outside wall, a water pipe under the floor caused by vibration, it drives you nuts until you find the answer. I had a loud bump in my bedroom occasionally until I found  that it was the tiller handle on my boat hitting the rail 50 feet away. 

• Like 1