Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The sphinx and hidden chambers

Adampadum123

Why is it that nobody is allowed to explore underneath the sphinxes chambers which have been identified and documented by archaeological teams in the past.the egyptian government will not allow any further studies.it's like there hiding something.what do you think could be underneath the sphinx?

Harry Houdini fell into some of the tunnels, once. He seemed not to have enjoyed himself, going by his written account..

But seriously, use the site search engine. There's already at least one thread on this, complete with a half-wit trying to palm off images of a potted plant as an alien. Some other full-wit had this to say:

There is no evidence to support the idea of a vast network of caverns and corridors and passages under the Great Pyramid, or the Plateau in general. What lies down there of notable size is burial chambers of tombs, although there certainly would be voids and pockets in the limestone matrix. Scott Collins's endless network of caves extending from his "Tomb of the Birds" is a red herring, meant to sell his book. This tomb, actually designated NC2, was explored by George Reisner and his team in the 1930s and then again by an archaeological team of the SCA subsequent to Collins's claims—and in neither case was anything remarkable found.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Adampadum123 said:

Why is it that nobody is allowed to explore underneath the sphinxes chambers which have been identified and documented by archaeological teams in the past.the egyptian government will not allow any further studies.it's like there hiding something.what do you think could be underneath the sphinx?

Well, the water table would be one of the things under the Sphinx ;)

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Why do I sense that the ghost of Ed Cayce is about to darken these halls?

Nah. There's no one to take advantage of here. He'd only go where he could make money off simpletons.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Adampadum123 said:

Its foundations .  

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Adampadum123 said:

Pretty pictures.

Well, I'm certainly no Egyptologist (others can attest to that), but the large chamber is pretty obviously where they buried the large intestine of the Sphinx. The small chamber might house its favorite ball of Egyptian yarn (Edit: Pure speculation by me). The internal cavities are where the organs have been removed (and there are a few more than shown on those illustrations).

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable can confirm. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Timonthy
Edit.
  • Like 7

Just wanted to post a public service announcement here.

Members of U-M,

As you know, and as I have been constantly pointing out, we have been suffering a dearth of woo here as of late. 

In contemplation of our tenuous position, perhaps we can all pause here and consider the ramifications of running this one off before we wring the last drop of precious woo from his being.

Think of the needs of the community first. 

Think of the children.

Harte

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Why do I sense that the ghost of Ed Cayce is about to darken these halls?

Your sense is uncanny, Hat Wearer, as the can of worms is now opening. Because we all know how accurate the great sleeping prophet Edgar was, and he said what to expect to find under the great Sphinx. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hall_of_Records

My best uneducated guess is that the small chamber must be where the small sized records are, and the larger one must be where the really big records are. For instance; the records shown to Solon about Atlantis must be kept in the large one, because Critias said that it was a very long story. And that is probably why the dialogue of the Critias was never completed, as it was too long for anyone to remember it all. Well, since Cayce had the advantage of being able to visit this hall of records in his trance state, and being that he visited there thousands of times, since each individual reading he gave required a trip there, he must have been able to read the entire written story that the Egyptian priests showed to Solon. And that is why Cayce's futuristic version of the story of Atlantis differs from Plato's version, obviously!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

My best uneducated guess is that the small chamber must be where the small sized records are, and the larger one must be where the really big records are

So thats the 45s and 33s - where are the 78s?   The really old records?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Harte said:

Members of U-M,

As you know, and as I have been constantly pointing out, we have been suffering a dearth of woo here as of late. 

In contemplation of our tenuous position, perhaps we can all pause here and consider the ramifications of running this one off before we wring the last drop of precious woo from his being.

Think of the children.

Harte

Could we tap into his precious bodily fluids and make a series of clones perhaps?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Your sense is uncanny, Hat Wearer, as the can of worms is now opening. Because we all know how accurate the great sleeping prophet Edgar was, and he said what to expect to find under the great Sphinx. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hall_of_Records

My best uneducated guess is that the small chamber must be where the small sized records are, and the larger one must be where the really big records are. For instance; the records shown to Solon about Atlantis must be kept in the large one, because Critias said that it was a very long story. And that is probably why the dialogue of the Critias was never completed, as it was too long for anyone to remember it all. Well, since Cayce had the advantage of being able to visit this hall of records in his trance state, and being that he visited there thousands of times, since each individual reading he gave required a trip there, he must have been able to read the entire written story that the Egyptian priests showed to Solon. And that is why Cayce's futuristic version of the story of Atlantis differs from Plato's version, obviously!

Hope this guy is accompanied by a licensed adult every time he goes near narrative media. Otherwise he might go scouring Scotland for Hogwarts or start checking to see if all port-a-loos are bigger on the inside than on the outside.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

Hope this guy is accompanied by a licensed adult every time he goes near narrative media. Otherwise he might go scouring Scotland for Hogwarts or start checking to see if all port-a-loos are bigger on the inside than on the outside.

--Jaylemurph

Would you, mr.  BIG J,  be willing to be my cheperone? I would pay for your trip to Scotland from the weekly allowance my dear mother gives me.

4 hours ago, Essan said:

No! It's 33 and 78, as the 45s were always two-sided singles, as I recall my great-grandfather telling me....Edgar Cayce, I mean. And I also recall him telling me that all the records were warped, and they had to be needled just so, so as to not skip, like mnay here.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

No! It's 33 and 78, as the 45s were always two-sided singles, as I recall my great-grandfather telling me....Edgar Cayce, I mean. And I also recall him telling me that all the records were warped, and they had to be needled just so, so as to not skip, like mnay here.

Wut?

11 hours ago, Harte said:

Members of U-M,

Think of the children.

Harte

Well, according to my grand unified woo theory, it moves in cycles ... I can feel an upsurge in the woo level coming   ......      a  flood of woo even      unless we can channel  it off somewhere, say  via an aqueduct     (or a viaduct )   we could have a  flood of woo disaster coming  ( better build an ark ) .

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Well, according to my grand unified woo theory, it moves in cycles ... I can feel an upsurge in the woo level coming   ......      a  flood of woo even      unless we can channel  it off somewhere, say  via an aqueduct     (or a viaduct )   we could have a  flood of woo disaster coming  ( better build an ark ) .

Naw the chambers under the sphinx is water proof that's where I stash my booze for the end of the world.

jmccr8

8 hours ago, Essan said:

Then where do they keep the floppy disks?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Normally, 33's were usually two sided singles also, although I have a few that are 1 sided. I do have an Elvis 45 that that is like a mini album, with 3 or 4 songs on each side.          ;)

2 hours ago, strunk64 said:

Normally, 33's were usually two sided singles also, although I have a few that are 1 sided. I do have an Elvis 45 that that is like a mini album, with 3 or 4 songs on each side.          ;)

Here 2 sided  SP singles were  45     LP 'albums' were  33  and  45 with more than  1 track each side were 'EPs '   ) Short, long or 'extended '

our old 'sterogram' also had  78 and  16 rpm ... I used to like driving my  parents nuts by playing their Gilbert and Sullivan albums on  those speeds  "Two little Maids on ' on 78 rpm  or 'Poor Jud is Dead '  on 16    sound really bizarre  :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Naw the chambers under the sphinx is water proof that's where I stash my booze for the end of the world.

jmccr8

You wish. I raided those clean a long time ago.

*hic*

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Timonthy said:

Then where do they keep the floppy disks?

It's getting kind of late, I had a long and busy day, and I think I'm tired. I first read "disks" as...something else. :P

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

The "chambers" are about 4 feet by 5 feet.

That's not a big record hall.

The Egyptians kept libraries, but not underneath monuments... they were kept inside temples.  The temple was a sacred precinct and there were certain areas where ONLY the High Priest or the King could enter.  It was death for anyone else to go in.

Egypt would have been one of the many countries subjugated by or trading with Atlantis (if it existed.)  However, we don't see any unexplained trade or unusual technology or even any mention of a land like that.

• Like 3