Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The sphinx and hidden chambers

Adampadum123

Well,  I am supposing there ARE  'hidden'  chambers under the Sphinx .  Hidden as they are 'under it ' and not evident, forgotten about / closed off.

As I said above  ;  'its foundations '  .     I have been in some pretty interesting architecture and been able to 'penetrate'  'downstairs'  two examples;  St Mary's Cathedral in Sydney  ( SW corner )  there is a locked gate with an iron cage around it, below in sight is a catafalque. One day the iron gate was unlocked, no one around so I went down,  down there is another locked iron gate, which was also open, so I went in and found another whole  different type of St Mary's ... in the 'basement ' .  

The Bahai Temple north  Sydney, being a 9 sided building with specific spiritual and acoustic properties, its foundations / basement are very interesting. Again, one day when exploring it, each of the 9 pillars has a stairway  to the upper gallery, and a stairway down, which is chained off , I jumped the chain.   In both cases all sorts of curious, storage and abandoned junk are down there .  That's only natural .

Image result for Bahai temple sydney design

Then there are a lot of other  examples of  AE   architecture

Image result for step pyramid plan

....  except ,   I left out one thing ... the geology under the Sphinx , and what type of foundations or lack of them would be required  :unsure:

If it was carved out of a solid knob of rock .... I suppose no foundations were needed ? But that doesn't mean they didn't carve out rock for  ......

Image result for chambers inside the sphinx

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

Mind power did it!!!

10 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Mind power did it!!!

Mind power, with mined stones.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Mind power, with mined stones.

Nice....

There is a tunnel under one of the smaller pyramids at Giza, on of the pyramids of Queens. I always travel with a flashlight just for moments like this. Crawled under and found a magic hat. It was a baseball style cap with what appeared to be Japanese letters. Clearly, this was an alien hat or possibly a hat revealing that the AE trading with an advanced civilization that actually invented baseball.

• Like 2

On 10/4/2017 at 7:35 PM, Harte said:

Like many other woosters, the guy has learned to guard his woo diligently.

He's found that, if you let any out in the wrong place, the woo suckers will wring every drop of precious woo from your being.

Harte

Is that why Georgio's hair looks like that?

• Like 1

Giorgio needs some of the woo wrung out of him.

His overabundance causes his hair to look like that.

Harte

Edited by Harte

On October 6, 2017 at 6:16 PM, Harte said:

Giorgio needs some of the woo wrung out of him.

His overabundance causes his hair to look like that.

Harte

The other night I was naive enough to flip on the History Channel just to see if there were anything worth watching. It was Ancient Aliens. Feeling suddenly nauseated and light headed, I very quickly changed the channel.

But I could've sworn, in that moment, Giorgio's hair looked almost normal.

Already forgot who did it but that PBS link was great, I always wondered about this myself. Apparently long story short, they need more evidence of what's down there before the allow digging, especially since the Sphinx is fragile (for lack of a better term).

But anyway you guys need to stop being boring! I think there's a jewel encrusted dagger down there, forged by the gods which grants magical powers to the one who wields it. It's very dangerous so they had to hide it somewhere safe. It was only after burying it they built the Sphinx right on top of it and magically enhanced the Sphinx itself so that if someone is foolish enough to try and take it the Sphinx turns to life and eats them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, internetperson said:

But anyway you guys need to stop being boring! I think there's a jewel encrusted dagger down there, forged by the gods which grants magical powers to the one who wields it. It's very dangerous so they had to hide it somewhere safe. It was only after burying it they built the Sphinx right on top of it and magically enhanced the Sphinx itself so that if someone is foolish enough to try and take it the Sphinx turns to life and eats them.

It was no big deal. I dug up the knife, stabbed the Sphinx with it, and now use the knife to butter my toast in the morning. And occasionally as a letter opener.

On 10/5/2017 at 6:58 AM, Kenemet said:

Not to mention the sheer absurdity of such a claim... that somehow there are hundreds of billions of scrolls/books underneath the Sphinx (the number needed for the Akashic records of anyone who lived and anyone who will live plus the complete histories of all the nations.

If the answer is, "well, the records are stored on absurdly tiny crystals" - each crystal takes up volume - then there are about 300,000 grains of sand in a cubic inch of sand http://www.answers.com/Q/How_many_grains_of_sand_are_in_one_square_inch ... and you still come up with a noticeably large number that would have been noticed long before this.

Not to mention the problem of storing them so they could be accessed and retrieved.

It sounds big enough for a 386 PC and an Encarta CD.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

OI!

Dont you dare summon that evil spirit.

• Like 4

On 10/9/2017 at 2:51 AM, Golden Duck said:

You will be punished for even mentioning that.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShadowSot said:

Hey, I loved Encarta. 

Also, stupid sexy... Smithers? 

Yes, sexy Smithers...The Punisher.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2017 at 2:29 PM, Harte said:

Nobody knows if there is a hall of records in a cave under my house either.

What's the point, then?

It's easy to show that Cayce was a fraud. And, since Cayce is the source of this "Hall of Records" tripe, again, what's the point?

Also, could you explain exactly why you find it "likely?"

Because I find it completely unlikely.

Harte

I would not claim to disprove that there is a hall of records under your house, but i find it a great deal less likely than one under the sphinx. I find your adamance that there isnt one likely for your mind set, but unless you have some sort of basis or conclusive results from your personal survey of the area, i find your opinion on the matter meaningless snd in definition of the kind of attitude i was pointing out. 

Now why do i find it likely? Like i said i have no idea whats there, but its just common sense that this location would be a great deal more likely than say... Under your house.

Edited by Nnicolette

8 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

I would not claim to disprove that there is a hall of records under your house, but i find it a great deal less likely than one under the sphinx. I find your adamance that there isnt one likely for your mind set, but unless you have some sort of basis or conclusive results from your personal survey of the area, i find your opinion on the matter meaningless snd in definition of the kind of attitude i was pointing out. 

Now why do i find it likely? Like i said i have no idea whats there, but its just common sense that this location would be a great deal more likely than say... Under your house.

Depends on what you mean by a "hall of records" doesn't it?

That is, maybe my basement is full of Beatles albums.

Harte

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

Aside from the prodigious pile of old vinyl in Harte's basement, what of the past century of surveys of the Sphinx and the wider Plateau? All of the archaeology, drilling, GPR, and other investigations? They have shown nothing of the sort below the Sphinx, and in fact the "Hall of Records" motif doesn't even have anything to do with pharaonic tradition. So why on earth do modern people entertain such a notion?

• Like 2

Hole in the Wall ...

~

[00.00:54]

~

• Like 1