Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Aztec' crystal skull 'likely to be fake'

UM-Bot

news icon rA crystal skull revered by New Age followers for its perceived ancient mystical powers is likely to be a fake, an academic said today. The almost life-sized skull, which was sold to London's British Museum in 1897, was thought to have been a relic from the Aztec civilisation in Mexico.

However, research by a British professor has added weight to the theory that it was probably made in 19th century Europe from a lump of poor quality Brazilian crystal.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: icWales

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loge

• AztecInca

• tiddlyjen

• Stellar

user posted image

user posted image

In the Atlantean civilization those types of crystal skulls were very common; they were placed inside certain special surgical-devices that were utilized by Atlantean-Mayan Sages for brain transplants and in order not to sever the energetic thread that unites the mental body to the brain! thumbsup.gif

Never did believe in them crystal skull thingamabopers. This just backs up skeptic view of them... thumbsup.gif

In the Atlantean civilization those types of crystal skulls were very common; they were placed inside certain special surgical-devices that were utilized by Atlantean-Mayan Sages for brain transplants and in order not to sever the energetic thread that unites the mental body to the brain!

Really? Do you have any evidence to support this claim?

sad.gif Oh Dear...AztecInca will be very unhappy about this! unsure.gif

still...it would look cool on a mantlepeace! blink.gif

It's kinda sad, people trying to make their money off fabricating ancient cultures' artifacts

In the Atlantean civilization those types of crystal skulls were very common; they were placed inside certain special surgical-devices that were utilized by Atlantean-Mayan Sages for brain transplants and in order not to sever the energetic thread that unites the mental body to the brain!

Really? Do you have any evidence to support this claim?

442585[/snapback]

user posted image

You carry the evidence on that plate! tongue.gif

user posted image

Although it is not like this one! grin2.gif

sleepy.gif

Aztec? I thought it was mayan?

Indeed, I am not happy about this at all!

• 4 months later...

my theory of the aztec find is that is a facile and a fake

my reasons for this theory is the fact that when the army of spain

arrived they swept in and a two day battle took place spain took it easily since they were armded with guns and ships and were trained in combat they burned the homes and villages and killed many people the face is it could be and could,nt be but my view is that is in fact a fake it could be of another tribe in the area or not even of a tribe it could be from people who have passed though that land and lost items in their keeping.

david

Never did believe in them crystal skull thingamabopers. This just backs up skeptic view of them... thumbsup.gif

Same here. grin2.gif

Aztec? I thought it was mayan?

443211[/snapback]

whateva they were trying to be they were faked to make money....

sum have been on ebay i think...

• 11 months later...

user posted image

In the Atlantean civilization those types of crystal skulls were very common; they were placed inside certain special surgical-devices that were utilized by Atlantean-Mayan Sages for brain transplants and in order not to sever the energetic thread that unites the mental body to the brain! :tu:

I'm now in Belize and have visited the ancient Mayan ceremonial center of Lubantun several times. This is where a crystal skull allegedly was found during the 1920s. The caretaker, Santiago, has been at the site since helping Norman Hammond excavate several years ago. He casts doubt on the authenticity of the story. The jury is still out.

Michael Sullivan

Always wondered how them skull thingies were made. Glad to know they were a hoax.

I think the crystal skulls are being confused. The skull in question is the one sold to the British Museum, the "best" skull or the skull of the best quality is the Anna Mitchell-Hedges Skull and it is still in Toronto last time I checked.

user posted image

Left - British Museum Skull

Right - Mitchell-Hedges Skull

Do you see a difference, I see a difference. The M-H Skull also has a detachable jawbone.

So how proving, what looks like to me to be, a cheap piece of sh!t is a fake also proves another of better quality is a fake is beyond me.

The article also claims that, "The Aztecs never used the wheel.", which is misleading. They may have not used the wheel for transportation purposes but to assume that that means that they hadn't invented the wheel is wrong.

"The French explorer, Desire Charnay, explored an Indian cemetery in Popocatepetl, Mexico, in 1880 and found a toy animal so constructed that the four discs found with the dog or coyote fit perfectly as wheels."

user posted image

So they didn't have the wheel but they made toys with wheels? :rolleyes:

Edit: Resized picture.

Edited by Hermetic Hermit