Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Scudbuster

Carl Sagan on Religion

106 posts in this topic

Kismit

MODERATORS NOTE:

Posters are not forced to choose sides. However they are required to respect other peoples choices.

If you can not discuss disagreements without nasty remarks please remove yourself from the thread.

• Like 1

GoldenWolf
5 hours ago, Will Due said:

Love one another with a fatherly affection which is higher than the brotherly love of the Golden Rule that requires one to love others as you love yourself. 

No that is something that came out of your mouth because you reject the golden rule.

Will Do
40 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

No that is something that came out of your mouth because you reject the golden rule.

This is from the Urantia Book, on the evening of the Last Supper when he performed the parable of washing the feet of the Apostles:

After a few moments of informal conversation, Jesus stood up and said: "When I enacted for you a parable indicating how you should be willing to serve one another, I said that I desired to give you a new commandment; and I would do this now as I am about to leave you. You well know the commandment which directs that you love one another; that you love your neighbor even as yourself. But I am not wholly satisfied with even that sincere devotion on the part of my children. I would have you perform still greater acts of love in the kingdom of the believing brotherhood. And so I give you this new commandment: That you love one another even as I have loved you.

How I interpret what he said is that loving others as you love yourself is not enough.

Now that a new revelation of God's will has occured by the fact of Jesus's teachings and life, he wants us not to love each other as we love ourselves but to love one another as he loves us.

As God loves us. 

Rlyeh
11 hours ago, Will Due said:

Lol.

I'm sorry, your right. I made a mistake to address your grown up experiences.

Mine doesn't involve imaginary friends.

Davros of Skaro
9 hours ago, Will Due said:

This is from the Urantia Book, on the evening of the Last Supper when he performed the parable of washing the feet of the Apostles:

mqdefault.jpg

houston-we-have-a-facepalm.jpg

• Like 1

Davros of Skaro
3 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Mine doesn't involve imaginary friends.

Carl Sagan had the "Spaceship of the Imagination". Is that the same thing?

tumblr_m87ch4ZjJo1rnde1eo5_250.gif