Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Las Vegas Strip Shooting

Timothy

8 hours ago, Will Due said:

Yeah, me too.

I just found out sad to report, so far, of the dozen or more of those injured that are people in mine and my families' circle of friends, one is dead.

Just got home from work. I am so sorry Will. Prayers for those people and their families.

• Like 8

When will the sickness end?

Sorry to hear about this ugly mass murder.  Thoughts and prayers to the families, friends and victims.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

The guns used by Islamic Supremacists in  Paris where illegal in Europe, as they would be in the USA. They where brought in by Islamic Jihadists in defiance of French law. What is your point ? 

Moving on... the murderer in Las Vegas doesn't appear to be a political or religious 'terrorist'... so far as we know. So can we stop talking about Islamic Terrorism ? 

Now, here is the thing I am REALLY interested in. Radio articles in the UK refer to "belt-fed machine guns". I've heard the audio recordings of the gunfire... it seems to be.. dunno.. around 4 bullets per second... give or take... for bursts of 10 seconds, and then 30 second gaps before another 10 second bursts. (the assumption is that this was for reloading). 

Does anyone here know what types of guns fit that "profile" ? 

I don't know if  your question has been answered yet because I'm still reading the thread to catch up. Last I heard it was not believed that Islam or terrorists were involved, although ISIS tried to claim responsibility. 

As far as I know, belt fed guns and automatic weapons are still illegal here in the US. If I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll be corrected. Gun enthusiast can and do modify their weapons, legal or not I suppose.

The press conference happening now on CNN says there were 42 guns found between the hotel room and the suspect's house. 23 were at Mandalay Bay. The rest in his home. They believe it was just one shooter. They talked to his brother. Here's what USA Today printed regarding what the brother said. Again, the family had no clue or where all these guns came from.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/10/02/brother-las-vegas-shooter-its-like-asteroid-just-fell-top-our-family/723108001/

• Like 2

So many comments. One thing they talked about on the news was that almost immediately firefighters and police paired up one to one and went in together to start caring for the wounded.  Also, since the concert was in honor of Veterans there were so many there that leapt into action as well. So proud of our people!

Lots of conspiracy folks on talk radio today. One thing mentioned was some video...and the host had been sent a copy by email, he kept trying to figure it out.....where it seems like the shots are coming from a low floor, like the 3rd or 4th. Also they said the brother helped him move in August and he saw no guns then.

My heart goes out to all those that were there and to the families who lost loved ones.

• Like 4

Civilization is breaking down.

• Like 5

It seems that way at times but there are still hundreds of millions of US keeping it together.

• Like 5

When "liberals" you know, the "tolerant" the beautiful, have lost their way to the point that they've fully embraced the intolerance of anyone who disagrees with them, embraced the idea that they don't deserve empathy, embraced the idea that violence against them and the destruction and theft of their property is acceptable, embraced the idea that they should be killed; civilization is most definitely breaking down.

• Like 8

I just received this text from a life long friend:

Earlier I was talking about 1 of Sandis  best friends cousin's daughter was shot she just died... that count should go to 60

We don't need gun control. WE NEED CRIMINAL CONTROL.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Earlier I was talking about 1 of Sandis  best friends cousin's daughter was shot she just died... that count should go to 60

Oh. Prayers to her family. I fear more of the injured may also raise the count. I am so sorry.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Again so sorry.  This whole situation is sad beyond belief.  

• Like 2

I can't believe what has happened. What is going on here?

• Like 2

Just curious... how many photos have been released of the shooter?  Just two??? We've seen the photo of him with his eyes closed plastered everywhere..  and the photo which is obviously from yrs ago... both apparently taken from his alleged asian gf's fb page.... Is there another photo?

Edited by acidhead

32 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I can't believe what has happened. What is going on here?

We can be thankful we don't understand what goes through the mind of a person who does something like this. He has caused so much sorrow to so many families, his own family and the rest of his nation. It's such an emotional time we are all going through.

Police radio communications at the time were saying the it was fully automatic fire. It was repeated several times. They were searching the Mandalay Bay Hotel and were on the 31st floor when they could hear the gunfire coming from the floor above them. Can't link it because of pictures that may be considered too graphic.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4

What also annoys me is the fact that he killed himself. I wanted him to be caught cause obviously he didnt want to get caught. Him killing himself i doubt was a last minute thing, im sure he knew he wasnt walking out that room. So much hate for what? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Will Due said:

Sorry to hear about the trouble the shooter has sent your way, may she (along with the others) R.I.P.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Uncle Sam said:

Every state except for Las Vegas bans assault rifles? This is the first case of a actual assault rifle being used in a mass murder spree, others were semi-automatic... :(

That is not true. The shooter illegally modified two of his rifles to fire automatically. 

2 hours ago, susieice said:

We can be thankful we don't understand what goes through the mind of a person who does something like this. He has caused so much sorrow to so many families, his own family and the rest of his nation. It's such an emotional time we are all going through.

I think its important to understand what goes through the mind of a person who does something like this.  

No offence to your post.  I get where you're coming from.

But it's important moving forward to get into that mind.. understand where it evolved to sensely murdering innocent individuals.

A senseless act of extreme violence.

Yet he acted.

There is a reason.

• Like 6

Dunno if it's already been said but while belt fed may be an oddity drum fed is not and can be purchased legally. A few friends of mine have these.

This is a terrible tragedy my heart goes out to all those killed and hurt and their families and friends.

But why why why?

What ambition or greviance can be fulfilled by killing defenseless men women and children and oneself? - none at all.

What political (small p) agenda can be furthered? - none

Is it to instill panic and fear in support of some terrorist goal? - absolutely doesn't work - after the hurt and the pain - the people will unite even more strongly againsts such aims and goals. 

So many lives cut short for What?

Awful.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Will Due said:

We don't need gun control. WE NEED CRIMINAL CONTROL.

That will not solve the problem because (as per my knowledge) the shooter had no criminal records.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, acidhead said:

Just curious... how many photos have been released of the shooter?  Just two??? We've seen the photo of him with his eyes closed plastered everywhere..  and the photo which is obviously from yrs ago... both apparently taken from his alleged asian gf's fb page.... Is there another photo?

have a look

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Stephen+Paddock&client=firefox-b&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj9k8yAldTWAhXpCcAKHTxiAxIQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=636

• The title was changed to Las Vegas Strip Shooting