Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Las Vegas Strip Shooting

Timothy

22 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Lat's make California a test case then. They are considered one of the most progressive governments/states in the US. They keep making the laws more strict every year. Why isn't it working there? Because they have the largest concentrations of gangs in the US. What do we do about the gangs?

Maybe it's easier fo an island nation. It couldn't be that hard for a gang member from California to skip state and bring back weapons would it?

Much easier than getting them through cutoms I assume.

I think it would have to be nationwide to work.

Just now, Kismit said:

Aztec you can't just make claims and claim them to be true.

it is a common knowledge, stats were posted many times before,

my claim is actually true if you go over the numbers and brake them into categories, but we have done it countless times in gun threads, i'm not doing it again,.

1 minute ago, Kismit said:

Maybe it's easier fo an island nation. It couldn't be that hard for a gang member from California to skip state and bring back weapons would it?

Much easier than getting them through cutoms I assume.

I think it would have to be nationwide to work.

No more difficult than to drive into Mexico and buy them. When my husband was young and stupid, working in California he used to drive to Mexico to buy drugs. The Canadian border is pretty lax too.

1 minute ago, aztek said:

it is a common knowledge, stats were posted many times before,

my claim is actually true if you go over the numbers and brake them into categories, but we have done it countless times in gun threads, i'm not doing it again,.

I honestly did a pretty decent google. I will do it again.

Just now, Kismit said:

How? Don't go to concerts?

mass shootings are tiny number in stats.  despite of the attention, those you can't do much about if person is determined. or maybe you can potential mass shootings have been stopped by armed citizens, we have it well documented.

Just now, Kismit said:

I honestly did a pretty decent google. I will do it again.

look in our gun threads, 

30k a year, half are suicides, 1200 or so police shootings, 6-8k a year gang on gang killing.  so it leaves about 5-6k of all the rest including justified,  so the number is lower than 10k dui deaths, also consider that in majority of cases drunk drivers survive.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

mass shootings are tiny number in stats.  despite of the attention, those you can't do much about if person is determined. or maybe you can potential mass shootings have been stopped by armed citizens, we have it well documented.

You see I think there is somethings that can be done. Lower the speed and power of possesable guns. A gun registry. And a gun buy back to lower the limit of guns available ( but that last one is a huge stretch I know)

Just now, Kismit said:

Lower the speed and power of possesable guns. A gun registry. And a gun buy back to lower the limit of guns available ( but that last one is a huge stretch I know)

but that will affect tens of millions of people who obey the laws, and none of those who do not.

• Like 2

You see I think there is somethings that can be done. Lower the speed and power of possesable guns. A gun registry. And a gun buy back to lower the limit of guns available ( but that last one is a huge stretch I know)

It's too late.

Nothing can be done at this point. That ship sailed long ago. There are so many firearms in the US now.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Just Wow!

To add to that

22,000 Annual Suicides not included on Daily Summary Ledger

• Like 1

Just now, aztek said:

but that will affect tens of millions of people who obey the laws, and none of those who do not.

No. The first one  affects future purchases of guns. A buy back scheme is voluntary. That's how they did it in Australia. The government brought back ( paid for) the guns people didn't want. Non criminals returned illiegal guns they possesed, where paid for it, not charged, and the guns where offvthe streets and away from criminal hands. You don't have to surrender your guns just sell the guns you don't need.

And a Nationsl gun register could show up odd patterns in behavior wich are currently missed.

Little steps.

4 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

It's too late.

Nothing can be done at this point. That ship sailed long ago. There are so many firearms in the US now.

It sure wouldn't happen over night. You would be talking about decades before any change was really noticable. But if nothing is done nothing will change.

3 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

It's too late.

I think I have to agree. In a smaller country, with a smaller population and far fewer guns, it's much easier to facilitate the removal. But we are talking about +350 million people and (estimated,) 200 million guns? That seems like a really tall order.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Who to believe? The Crime Prevention Research Center or your link?  Coincidentally, the map in your link basically shows the highest concentration of humans in the US. It looks like the aerial nighttime pictures that shows how lit up the US is at night. 

2 minutes ago, Kismit said:

No. The first one  affects future purchases of guns. A buy back scheme is voluntary. That's how they did it in Australia. The government brought back ( paid for) the guns people didn't want. Non criminals returned illiegal guns they possesed, where paid for it, not charged, and the guns where offvthe streets and away from criminal hands. You don't have to surrender your guns just sell the guns you don't need

We have those on a regular basis already.

No. The first one  affects future purchases of guns. A buy back scheme is voluntary. That's how they did it in Australia. The government brought back ( paid for) the guns people didn't want. Non criminals returned illiegal guns they possesed, where paid for it, not charged, and the guns where offvthe streets and away from criminal hands. You don't have to surrender your guns just sell the guns you don't need.

And a Nationsl gun register could show up odd patterns in behavior wich are currently missed.

Little steps.

I'm not totally opposed to the voluntary buy back programs.   But you must admit that your wording speaks volumes:

"Non criminals returned illiegal guns they possesed, where paid for it, not charged, and the guns where off the streets and away from criminal hands."

However the criminals did not return guns.   Right?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

To add to that

Damn fine source by the way. I struggled to find impartial results.

Just now, Myles said:

I'm not totally opposed to the voluntary buy back programs.   But you must admit that your wording speaks volumes:

"Non criminals returned illiegal guns they possesed, where paid for it, not charged, and the guns where off the streets and away from criminal hands."

However the criminals did not return guns.   Right?

Less guns := eventually less access. Criminals don't tend to hold onto guns that have been used in crimes. That lowers the numbers again. Less guns less access.

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

Their methodology seems sound. http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/methodology

Similar to the Global Terrorism Database I like to cite.

I'll have to look into it more thoroughly later.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

We have those on a regular basis already.

Good to hear. Now how about a gun register so the guns purchased can be traced? 

How about everyone just behave and raise the next generation in a normal loving environment. 

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Las Vegas Strip Shooting