Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Las Vegas Strip Shooting

Timothy

25 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

To add, my post , the news did say Isis did claim Poddock is their warrior

Doca, the news is saying that the islamic state terror group claimed Paddock converted to Islam a few months ago, through its official Amaq news channel.

They said the attack, the deadliest mass shooting in US history, was carried out by a “soldier” of the caliphate and was done “in response to calls to target coalition countries.”

In another statement released hours later, Isil referred to Paddock by the nom de guerre Abu Abd al-Barr al-Amriki and said he answered a call to arms by its leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. 

US officials have said they are examining the claim, but are yet to find any evidence linking the shooter to any organised terrorist group.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Michelle said:

It has also emerged that Paddock was prescribed an anti-anxiety medication four months before carrying out his shooting atrocity.

Paddock was prescribed fifty 10mg diazepam tablets - also known as Valium - on June 21 by Vegas doctor Steven Winkler, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports.

Diazepam is a sedative-hypnotic drug that can trigger aggressive behavior in people with underlying behavioral problems, the paper reports. It is not known why Paddock was prescribed the drug, or whether he had any behavioral issues.

Source: Mail Online

Read more: *snip* 

I haven't verified this information yet, so take it with a grain of salt.

Well I'm taking it with a grain of salt, who knows at this point, could be fake reporting by them to get more readers, but it sure makes a lot more sense doesn't it?

But the part about anti-anxiety drugs causing psychotic and aggressive behavior when abused is true. They've done a number of studies over the years in prison systems that support that conclusion.

• Like 1

So the girlfriends lawyer said that she described him as kind and gentle and thought him ushering her out of the country and gifting her $100k to buy a house for her family was prepping her for a break up but had no idea he was going to do this.

• Like 1

Rather morbid fact.  The shooting lasted 9-11 minutes and had 59 killed and 514 injured.  That meant the shooter was injuring/killing at a rate of almost 1 per second for the whole duration.

37 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Doca, the news is saying that the islamic state terror group claimed Paddock converted to Islam a few months ago, through its official Amaq news channel.

They said the attack, the deadliest mass shooting in US history, was carried out by a “soldier” of the caliphate and was done “in response to calls to target coalition countries.”

In another statement released hours later, Isil referred to Paddock by the nom de guerre Abu Abd al-Barr al-Amriki and said he answered a call to arms by its leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. 

US officials have said they are examining the claim, but are yet to find any evidence linking the shooter to any organised terrorist group.

Are the investigators checking out Paddock `s and Danley`s cell phones or computers in contacts , if they have any? The motive for why this horrible attack happen   ? 

37 minutes ago, Purifier said:

Well I'm taking it with a grain of salt, who knows at this point, could be fake reporting by them to get more readers, but it sure makes a lot more sense doesn't it?

But the part about anti-anxiety drugs causing psychotic and aggressive behavior when abused is true. They've done a number of studies over the years in prison systems that support that conclusion.

Quite a few years ago I took an anti-smoking medication I won't mention by name. It had all of the psychotic/aggressive/suicidal warnings, but it didn't phase me a bit. I was totally aware of those facts and asked everyone to let me know if they saw a negative change in my personality. A friend of ours Dad started taking it and she swears that is why he killed himself. I didn't know him that well and I can't say. I can only take her word for the dramatic change in personality he had.

Edited by Michelle
Dang, I can't type tonight.
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Neither I, nor anyone else who has ever witnessed or had to clean up the aftermath of a gun blowing up in the hands of the user... will ever tolerate any of these half-assed "modifications" to a firearm.

IT IS NOT WORTH IT.

I'll just leave the range if I see anyone there with any of that crap.

The news filter is so total that even an old fav of mine is having a hard time -

You'd really hate the guys then.  They are all about the toys and they usually play out in a friendly farmers field instead of a gun range.  One even does a bit of millwrighting and builds custom parts.  But at a buck a bullet for some rounds, I tend to stay away from that particular cash sink.  Some of their sillier antics (and one fellow in particular who swears black helicopters fly over his house nightly, but the government will never take him alive!) make me more inclined to think that their should be sort some mental health requirements for gun ownership.

2 minutes ago, F3SS said:

:unsure: Man this thread sucks. Where is ThirdEye with his cheesy music break interlude?

You don't want me to sing to you. My husband likes to hear me sing but he loves me. :blush:

I'm just trying to make sense of it all. Did he have anything on Hillary? :devil:

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You'd really hate the guys then.  They are all about the toys and they usually play out in a friendly farmers field instead of a gun range.  One even does a bit of millwrighting and builds custom parts.  But at a buck a bullet for some rounds, I tend to stay away from that particular cash sink.  Some of their sillier antics (and one fellow in particular who swears black helicopters fly over his house nightly, but the government will never take him alive!) make me more inclined to think that their should be sort some mental health requirements for gun ownership.

It was reported by the Sheriff  tonight,  the paper found was,nt  a suicide paper, and he also  wanted to escape.

Edited by docyabut2

25 minutes ago, F3SS said:

:unsure: Man this thread sucks. Where is ThirdEye with his cheesy music break interlude?

Apologies ... there is a lot of pages to go through and I am a bit late to the current ... as per requested ... time for America to ...

~

[00.04:05]

~

• Like 6

You do have good taste in music, third_eye. :nw:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Michelle said:

You do have good taste in music, third_eye. :nw:

Thanks be to ye kindly ... its one of my favorite all time Lennon - McCartney tunes, when I do it at the Karaoke pubs or with a band   I change that one line to ...

One and one and one is free ...

No disrespect to John of course ...it is after all ... Lennon Week :yes:

~

Just now, F3SS said:

I thought you’d get a kick out of that. Honestly I didn’t even know you were in the thread when I said that.

ye owes me a beer ...

:lol:

~

Edited by third_eye
double post bypass
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Apologies ... there is a lot of pages to go through and I am a bit late to the current ... as per requested ... time for America to ...

~

[00.04:05]

~

I thought you’d get a kick out of that. Honestly I didn’t even know you were in the thread when I said that.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Thanks be to ye kindly ... its one of my favorite all time Lennon - McCartney tunes, when I do it at the Karaoke pubs or with a band   I change that one line to ...

One and one and one is free ...

No disrespect to John of course ...it is after all ... Lennon Week :yes:

~

ye owes me a beer ...

:lol:

~

I'd love to hear that! :P

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I'd love to hear that! :P

Nahhhh ... I only do that one to close the night / set before everything closes ... Simon Cowell would say I be trying too hard and the crowd will just say I be too drunk to do anymore ... I just do it because there be no other time I can get away with it ... I don't have the voice even if I have that persistence :P

~

Edited by third_eye
keyboard spasm
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Odin11 said:

Good luck using a semi auto or full auto against a tank or a F/A-18 or the MOAB. This delusion that in the 21ist century normal citizens would be able to hold their own against the government and its military, is just that: a delusion. The 2nd Amendment was written at a time when guns could only fire at about 3 rounds per minute (if you were good) and the most advanced technology was rifling. The constitution was never meant to be a static document it was meant to change and evolve with our society.

So the military is going to drop a MOAB in Manhattan?  They’re going to drive a tank company through the homes of Beverly Hills?  I think not.  (Of course, who wouldn’t want to see an Abrams drive down the terraces at Green Acres or even the stairs in the SilverLake district? – too vague?)  If the military did, they would still lose a sizeable amount of men and material.  The populace still out numbers the military in arms.  But, it’s not concentrated as the military can bring.  But this should be a cause to pause.  Our military is unique in that it is professional and voluntary and abides by the premise of the Posse Comitatus.  The military and the people have a special bond.  Both will die for each other.  Our military are not mercenaries.  They have personal relationships (family) with the people.  Initially, units may be directed against the population and soldiers are trained to follow lawful orders.  How long do you think the military will obey their leaders if ordered to turn their weapons against the people?  Units will refuse to obey and others will mutiny and join the people and bring their arms.

The 2nd Amendment does not limit the kind or number of arms per person.  That’s why it also allows people to own a nuke if they can maintain its safety.  Granted, I doubt that will ever happen, but I can see tanks and fighter aircraft.  The point being was to have a regulated militia that could fill the role of main defense of this country.  And the government couldn’t try to take over the populace.  The standing army was meant as a stop-gap measure to give the militia time to organize.  The Founding Fathers had a natural fear of a standing army.  But something changed.  The world began to get smaller.  Our standing army needed to be larger.  The military became more educated and better trained.  Loyalty was no longer to God, King, and Country; it was to this nation and its people.  The military took on the persona of the militia.  Why do you think Obama was pushing for a National Civilian Security Force that was equally equipped and equally funded as the military?  You don’t need such a force unless you plan on using it against the standing army or to replace it.  Where the military would be loyal to the nation, this NCSF would be loyal to Obama.  He did his best to replace the best of the military leadership.  But what he didn’t succeed with the NCSF, he succeeded with Antifa and the like.  The bottom line is that we still need to be able to defend ourselves from the government.

But what you don’t understand about the Constitution is that its premise is simple in that even though times change, the truths in the Constitution remain foundational and unchangeable.  (i.e. no need for fundamental change.)  When the Constitution was written doesn’t matter as it deals with the Human animal which hasn’t changed.  His frailties of today are the same as two hundred years ago.  The key isn’t that the weaponry had changed.  It’s that tyranny and oppression hasn’t. 

In reference to your rate of fire comment, I believe the stat you state is that of a smooth bore musket and that’s without being shot at.  The rifle muzzleloader could do about 1 in the same time.  The effective range for the musket was about 50yards.  (That’s like 1/6th of the distance Paddock fired from).  Lines would form at about 75yards and try to soften each other up.  Then use movement to get closer.  But the point here is tactics.  With a change of weapons comes a change in tactics.  That there kind of nullifies the “but the Constitution was written when they had muskets” argument.  Tactics make all the difference.  No one is going to form a line shoulder-to-shoulder with ar15s and fire single shot volleys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

Quite a few years ago I took an anti-smoking medication I won't mention by name. It had all of the psychotic/aggressive/suicidal warnings, but it didn't phase me a bit. I was totally aware of those facts and asked everyone to let me know if they saw a negative change in my personality. A friend of ours Dad started taking it and she swears that is why he killed himself. I didn't know him that well and I can't say. I can only take her word for the dramatic change in personality he had.

I know several people that have taken Wellbutrin and other similar drugs. Two of them were brothers. One had absolutely no side effects whatsoever and made him quit immediately, he described it as a miracle drug. His brother, on the other hand, had intense suicidal thoughts and nightmares so terrifying that he was afraid to go to sleep. He continued smoking and ended up dying of esophageal cancer a few years later.

Another friend of mine had not only suicidal thoughts but homicidal ones, as well. He scared himself so bad that he gave his guns to a friend for safe keeping. This guy has never shown any signs of aggression before, but he felt that if kept taking the medicine, he would've ended up in prison. 

Sometimes I wonder if drugs with side effects like suicidal thoughts can manifest as homicidal in some patients even though that may not be officially listed as a warning. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

Are the investigators checking out Paddock `s and Danley`s cell phones or computers in contacts , if they have any? The motive for why this horrible attack happen   ? 

The pill is tough to swallow, but there is no motive. Or the police would have found out by now. The guy was a psychopath. Probably wanted to go down in history as someone to be 'remembered'. He decided in his twisted logic that all those lives, including his own, were worthless.

Edited by TruthSeeker_

Condolences and R.i.P ...

~

(Reuters) - A mortgage company executive, a pipe fitter from California, a youth wrestling coach from Pennsylvania and a commercial fisherman from Alaska were among at least 58 people killed by a gunman who opened fire on a Las Vegas country music festival on Sunday night before killing himself.

The following describes some of the victims:

~

• Like 1

They said on the news tonight he had a line of sight on the Vegas airport and that he was firing at jet fuel tanks on the tarmac but the guns he used for that weren’t powerful enough to penetrate which would’ve caused massive explosions. He also had an explosive in the trunk of his car they said could be ignited just by gunfire and would’ve been powerful enough to take a good chunk out of the building.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

Sometimes I wonder if drugs with side effects like suicidal thoughts can manifest as homicidal in some patients even though that may not be officially listed as a warning. 

It's definitely something that needs to be investigated. Too many doctors hand those things out like candy. I don't think they should be advertised everywhere either. Too many people are going to the doctor telling them the medication they need based on advertisements. People convince themselves they have all of the symptoms after looking it up on the internet also. At least most reliable sources on the net don't tell them the specific medications they need, as far as I know.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, F3SS said:

They said on the news tonight he had a line of sight on the Vegas airport and that he was firing at jet fuel tanks on the tarmac but the guns he used for that weren’t powerful enough to penetrate which would’ve caused massive explosions. He also had an explosive in the trunk of his car they said could be ignited just by gunfire and would’ve been powerful enough to take a good chunk out of the building.

Let's be glad he didn't set up the explosives it's been revealed he had. It could have been much more devastating.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

That’s almost too vague.

Vagaries isn't your specialty is it?

In that regard, it was fairly blunt.

• The title was changed to Las Vegas Strip Shooting