Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Las Vegas Strip Shooting

Timothy

Beware the "Boy next Door"

Three times earlier this year, he drove the 40 miles from Mesquite to St. George, Utah, to Dixie GunWorx, where gun seller Chris Michel found him more engaging than most.

"He came in and everything he wore, his demeanor, the person that he was, the openness, with his personality," said Michel. "He was the guy next door that would, you know, mow people's lawns for you. He would be the guy handing out ice cream cones on the corner when the bus comes to a stop to the kids. He would be the one that all of us would have taken to the family barbecue and invited. He just, he was an open guy to us."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/10/06/555999373/las-vegas-shooters-life-comes-into-focus-but-not-his-motive

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Alright guys I was all set and comfortable with dismissing any conspiracy theories around this tragic event and then I made the mistake of looking into the second shooter angle. Can you guys offer up any explanation for what the lights in the 4th floor window are? My only thought is if its not a shooter perhaps its a "shot spotter" which is mounted on the outside of the hotel, that seems a tad bit far fetched however

Here is a question for you Farmer, if there was a second shotter, would he have a clear line of fire and good angle of fire? Those two things dictate where you fire quite a lot when it comes to being accurate and well planned.

Edited by Uncle Sam

7 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Bagels and cream cheese! That's why he killed all those people?

Paying 80 dollars for a bagel and a burger?? That would tick me off too.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Alright guys I was all set and comfortable with dismissing any conspiracy theories around this tragic event and then I made the mistake of looking into the second shooter angle. Can you guys offer up any explanation for what the lights in the 4th floor window are? My only thought is if its not a shooter perhaps its a "shot spotter" which is mounted on the outside of the hotel, that seems a tad bit far fetched however

How come we can see those "second shooter" flashes, but not the shots from higher up on the building?

I don't think those windows open. And as was said, no other broken windows were found. That would seem to dismiss the second shooter right there. At least as far as being on the Fourth (?) floor.

Maybe someone inside that window as whipping a flashlight, or something similar around? Maybe playing with a laser pointer inside that room? I'm sure that it is entirely possible to find out who was in that room and ask them what they were doing. This need not be a mystery for the ages.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

Here is a question for you Farmer, if there was a second shotter, would he have a clear line of fire and good angle of fire? Those two things dictate where you fire quite a lot when it comes to being accurate and well planned.

Based on the video I dont see why that wouldnt have been a good second angle of fire 

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Based on the video I dont see why that wouldnt have been a good second angle of fire 

Well you got to deal with trees, other buildings, and bullet drop when fire from a lower floor.

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

How come we can see those "second shooter" flashes, but not the shots from higher up on the building?

I don't think those windows open. And as was said, no other broken windows were found. That would seem to dismiss the second shooter right there. At least as far as being on the Fourth (?) floor.

Maybe someone inside that window as whipping a flashlight, or something similar around? Maybe playing with a laser pointer inside that room? I'm sure that it is entirely possible to find out who was in that room and ask them what they were doing. This need not be a mystery for the ages.

Often windows on the lower floors of buildings open while ones on higher levels dont. That could explain there not being a broken window.

IDK Im not necessarily hung up on it but would feel better if it were addressed by law enforcement and the media in a serious manner. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Often windows on the lower floors of buildings open while ones on higher levels dont. That could explain there not being a broken window.

IDK Im not necessarily hung up on it but would feel better if it were addressed by law enforcement and the media in a serious manner. 

I do agree. It should be investigated. 100% it should be looked into.

• Like 3

THE shooter is dead with conflicting reports of exactly how and when he died. There were two broken windows, several rooms apart, on the 32nd floor shown in early news footage of the exterior of the building.

call me crazy...but I smell a conspiracy.   This event WiIl result in a public ban of machine gun style weapons.

think about it.

Machine guns are already banned. It is automatic rifles which are under discussion.

Semantics... I know... but still. As former Army, it bothers me..... 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

The second shooter was on the grassy knoll.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, lightly said:

THE shooter is dead with conflicting reports of exactly how and when he died. There were two broken windows, several rooms apart, on the 32nd floor shown in early news footage of the exterior of the building.

call me crazy...but I smell a conspiracy.   This event WiIl result in a public ban of machine gun style weapons.

think about it.

The two broken windows were for the same room.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Narcisse said:

The second shooter was on the grassy knoll.

Its the desert man we dont have grassy knolls LOL 

• Like 2

My daughter is in graduate school (Boston University). She is doing her practicum where she shadows a psychologist at a physical rehabilitation center (mostly traumatic brain injuries). Soon she will begin her dissertation with the goal of becoming a psychologist herself. I'm saying all this because I asked my daughter some questions having to do with this shooting and I want it to be clear that my source has some insight on the subject.

First, it's highly likely that Mr Paddock was a psychopath. Even psychopaths have motives for their actions. Now, their motives may make no sense to rational people but they do have reasons for doing what they do. Sometimes their source of motivation has to do with social/political/religious issues. Sometimes it has to do with internal psychological issues, for example feeling the need to be personally powerful by killing others (Kismit's hypothesis). My daughter thinks it's a bit odd that all of a sudden a 64 year old man suddenly became homicidal (no history of violent actions during his lifetime). She wonders if he could have had a physical illness (like a brain tumor) or if something external and traumatic triggered him to want to kill large numbers of people. Basically, when the media says there was 'no motive' for these murders that's not correct, there was a motive we just don't know what it was.  

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Lilly said:

My daughter is in graduate school (Boston University). She is doing her practicum where she shadows a psychologist at a physical rehabilitation center (mostly traumatic brain injuries). Soon she will begin her dissertation with the goal of becoming a psychologist herself. I'm saying all this because I asked my daughter some questions having to do with this shooting and I want it to be clear that my source has some insight on the subject.

First, it's highly likely that Mr Paddock was a psychopath. Even psychopaths have motives for their actions. Now, their motives may make no sense to rational people but they do have reasons for doing what they do. Sometimes their source of motivation has to do with social/political/religious issues. Sometimes it has to do with internal psychological issues, for example feeling the need to be personally powerful by killing others (Kismit's hypothesis). My daughter thinks it's a bit odd that all of a sudden a 64 year old man suddenly became homicidal (no history of violent actions during his lifetime). She wonders if he could have had a physical illness (like a brain tumor) or if something external and traumatic triggered him to want to kill large numbers of people. Basically, when the media says there was 'no motive' for these murders that's not correct, there was a motive we just don't know what it was.  

I think a autopsy should have been done on his dead body, if there were any brain tumors.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

I think a autopsy should have been done on his dead body, if there were any brain tumors.

It still can.

• Like 1

Just now, Why not said:

I was also thinking there was little to no brass on the floor in the picture with him lying on the floor. As for the sounds of gun fire from the taxi, it is clearly echos off buildings. Listen and the shot patterns match.

i thought so too, but then there are "echos" or shots from farther distance(or higher up) that had no matching louder sounds.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, aztek said:

i thought so too, but then there are "echos" or shots from farther distance(or higher up) that had no matching louder sounds.

I still can't shake that feeling there is something off about the pic of his room with the guns all over the place. The guy may have been homicidal and crazy but that doesn't mean he wasn't calculated enough to pull this off. He was careful about everything he did until he got the last bag of rifles up to his room and from there he just dumps the bag on the floor? 

He was experienced with guns: he would have brought a handful of choice rifles for long range  shots and a ton of ammo to keep by the window. Unless you're having friends over, in which case you need to bring enough rifles for everybody. The survivors talking about the warnings must be legit. That's not something you hallucinate before being shot at. 

• Like 5

also there was  ammo unused, cops did not enter the room for more than an hour,  with full auto weapons, few thousands of rounds will be gone in no more than 10-20 minutes, why there is still unused ammo there?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, aztek said:

also there was  ammo unused, cops did not enter the room for more than an hour,  with full auto weapons, few thousands of rounds will be gone in no more than 10-20 minutes, why there is still unused ammo there?

Maybe the gun barallel melted

35 minutes ago, aztek said:

why there is still unused ammo there?

Any idea how much unused ammo? If it's a substantial amount, it could lend more support to the theory that this attack was a group effort.  Also, if his girlfriend didn't know about the guns, it's possible she didn't know who he had been talking to online. Plenty of examples of people being radicalized online.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dark_Grey said:

Any idea how much unused ammo? If it's a substantial amount, it could lend more support to the theory that this attack was a group effort.  Also, if his girlfriend didn't know about the guns, it's possible she didn't know who he had been talking to online. Plenty of examples of people being radicalized online.

ive read at least 1600 rounds unused 

• Like 2

Let's see here, tons of guns and ammo, 2 windows broken out, food for 2 being ordered, the Vegas Sheriff saying Paddock "had help". IMO there's another person out there who probably had second thoughts and pulled out before the shooting. The authorities need to find that person.

• Like 7

• The title was changed to Las Vegas Strip Shooting