Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Las Vegas Strip Shooting

Timothy

1 minute ago, Kismit said:

Infact we have never needed to have large quantities in the car. 

Especially fertilizer! Phew...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lightly said:

Are those rapid fire ?  As in ratatatatatatatat  !  How many rounds per second or minute can those things fire?

let me rephrase my wish....  I would like to see a public ban on all rapid fire weapons.  Any weapon that can fire  more than one round per second.

A question occurs to me .....someone mentioned that it took  Police? over  an hour to get into the shooter's room?  !

WHY on earth would it take that long?  Muzzle flashes were visible from that location?   I don't get it.

I agree with everything here.

And I would like to offer some thoughts on how it took so long ( no verified time yet that I know of) The police where being shot at. They had to get to the scene, co-ordinate and prioritse their rolls. 540+ injuries. Lost children, panicked parents.

It's much more difficult than, "there he is, let's get him."

• Like 2

Just now, lightly said:

@ Aztec......Are those rapid fire ?  As in ratatatatatatatat  !  How many rounds per second or minute can those things fire?

let me rephrase my wish....  I would like to see a public ban on all rapid fire weapons.  Any weapon that can fire  more than one round per second.

all self loading weapons fire as fast as you pull the trigger, one shot per pull, than you let go and press again, how many times a second can you do that? are you proposing a ban on every self loading rife?

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

Just now, Michelle said:

Which he only went to three or four times a year as reported by the neighbors. It doesn't matter what they found in the house. He had bomb making material with him, in his car, on a gambling vacation.

it absolutely does, that is why they search houses.

he had fertilizer. 

Just now, Kismit said:

. No large quantities in our vehicles. Infact we have never needed to have large quantities in the car. 

further reports say he had few pounds, that is not a lot, that is actually very little.  how do you get yours home? i assume you drive it over, so you also have a bomb making material in your car at times when you transport it to you home. how many kg comes in an average bag\pack

Yes aztek , I guess I would like to see those banned.  I also would to see an end to hate and people killing each other.

But that's just me...kookie huh?

Edited by lightly

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

further reports say he had few pounds, that is not a lot, that is actually very little.  how do you get yours home? i assume you drive it over, so you also have a bomb making material in your car at times when you transport it to you home. how many kg comes in an average bag\pack

I know it's not on my list of things to take on a road trip.

Where are you going with this?

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

all self loading weapons fire as fast as you pull the trigger, one shot per pull, than you let go and press again, how many times a second can you do that? are you proposing a ban on every self loading rife?

I think i can manage 2 or 3 per second for a while and then maybe 1 per seconds later on just like mouse clicks. Given the crowd and his vantage point i still think he would have killed equal or a bit less but not certainly that the death toll would be below 10.

I th

Just now, lightly said:

Yes aztek , I guess I would like to see those banned.  I also would to see an end to hate and people killing each other.

But that's just me...kookie huh?

well they are not getting banned, nor they should, nor it will have any effect, on crime. there are prbly hundreds of millions of them already in public hands. do you suggest swat teams go thru every single house and search it?  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, aztek said:

We get ours delivered if we are getting larger quantities, a couple of pounds of feetilizer is enough to make a bomb or two. He also had (reportedly) 50 pounds of tanernite (spelling is off).

Just now, Michelle said:

Where are you going with this?

firtalizer is not a bomb making material unless you put it in a bomb, just like gasoline is not  BMM unless you pour it into bottle and light it up. there is not a single evidence that suggests he was making bombs, so it is not bomb making material. in this case. 

Just now, Kismit said:

We get ours delivered if we are getting larger quantities, a couple of pounds of feetilizer is enough to make a bomb or two. He also had (reportedly) 50 pounds of tanernite (spelling is off).

well we in usa go to the store and pick up a bag, put it in a car and bring home. yes he had explosive targets, so what? lots of people use them. 

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

well we in usa go to the store and pick up a bag, put it in a car and bring home. yes he had explosive targets, so what? lots of people use them. 

Given what this guy did why are you so adamant to give him the benefit of doubt? The guy probably wanted to blow some **** up.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, aztek said:

well they are not getting banned, nor they should, nor it will have any effect, on crime. there are prbly hundreds of millions of them already in public hands. do you suggest swat teams go thru every single house and search it?  

No...on the swat teams.  I just wish people would stop killing each other.  I told you it was a kookie idea.  Sorry if it ruffles your tail feathers.

1 minute ago, aztek said:

All Americans get it from the store? We like to use broken down chicken poo and sawdust, we get it from a local who has a couple of chickens. American's don't do that? Odd.

These same ingredients, fertiliser and tanenite if found in the car of an islamic extremist who had just killed lots of people would you then view them as having potential for bomb making?

• Like 3

Just now, F3SS said:

Given what this guy did why are you so adamant to give him the benefit of doubt? The guy probably wanted to blow some **** up.

it is not given, that is the problem, no one saw him shoot, he fits no profiles for mass murderer,  still can't find anything close to a motive,  many things do not add up.  

Just now, Kismit said:

All Americans get it from the store? We like to use broken down chicken poo and sawdust, we get it from a local who has a couple of chickens. American's don't do that? Odd.

These same ingredients, fertiliser and tanenite if found in the car of an islamic extremist who had just killed lots of people would you then view them as having potential for bomb making?

idk, some maybe getting online, but general yes, we get it from stores.  it is absolutely immaterial how you do it in NZ, i don't know why you keep using it as if it is  the only right way to do things. 

Just now, aztek said:

it is not given, that is the problem, no one saw him shoot, he fits no profiles for mass murderer,  still can't find anything close to a motive,  many things do not add up.  

That's right it makes heaps more sense for sensible gun laws lobyists to secretly go to all of the trouble, expense, and unesicary death to maybe get bump stocks banned.

But he owned all the guns. They said he bought 33 or so just this year. They have video of him wheeling 13 suitcases of guns and ammo to his room over 3 days.

I agree the mystery to all this is staggering but it’s looking like he did it and that’s why when they say he had explosive materials in his vehicle I don’t think he just happened to leave some gardening materials in the trunk. 

• Like 3

idk, some maybe getting online, but general yes, we get it from stores.  it is absolutely immaterial how you do it in NZ, i don't know why you keep using it as if it is  the only right way to do things. 

I thought we were looking at your theory based on the fact he had a large house and investment properties. I'm just doing a realistic comparison from the view point of someone who also has several properties. 

Just now, Kismit said:

That's right it makes heaps more sense for sensible gun laws lobyists to secretly go to all of the trouble, expense, and unesicary death to maybe get bump stocks banned.

nope. it does not. bump fire can be done with no extra parts, the stock they build only makes it easier, you only need a simple plate, even if they are banned, anyone can make one from any plastic sheet, using noting but saw, file, or even razor blade. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kismit said:

No, we don't. And we use the work truck not the SUV. I guess people in New York City get sterilized stuff from the store and have to put it inside the car.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

nope. it does not. bump fire can be done with no extra parts, the stock they build only makes it easier, you only need a simple plate, even if they are banned, anyone can make one from any plastic sheet, using noting but saw, file, or even razor blade. 

Then the conspiracy angle is pointless. There is no pay off to anyone to frame Paddon. 

And if they ban bump stocks, I hope they are smart enough to make the ban include making it illegal to modify your gun to automatic capacity.

Just now, Michelle said:

No, we don't. And we use the work truck not the SUV. I guess people in New York City get sterilized stuff from the store and have to put it inside the car.

what is wrong with putting this in a trunk?

Image result for ammonia nitrate

Just now, Kismit said:

Then the conspiracy angle is pointless. There is no pay off to anyone to frame Paddon. 

what conspiracy angle?  i'm telling you what bump stock is.  cuz your idea is that a law  banning bump fire stocks, can stop anything is based on no practical knowledge of the subject you talking about

• The title was changed to Las Vegas Strip Shooting