Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Las Vegas Strip Shooting

Timothy

7 minutes ago, and then said:

I'm so glad that he DID scope out other venues.  It tends to mitigate against the idea that he was just a country music/anti-conservative type.  As insane as his actions were, it might have been far worse.

I agree.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, pallidin said:

I agree.

It's pretty clear he just wanted to mow down as many people as possible, no matter their ideology. 

I just can't understand why anyone would do that. I just keep thinking to myself...why?

And then I tear up again. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

It's pretty clear he just wanted to mow down as many people as possible, no matter their ideology. 

I just can't understand why anyone would do that. I just keep thinking to myself...why?

Right. The few clues we have include the apparent fact that he was seeking to kill mass amounts of gathered innocent peoples regardless of why or where they were gathered.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

may never know 2.jpg

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, and then said:

I get the impression that those who are so totally committed to removing guns from Americans, wouldn't be much concerned if we DID wind up in camps.  It's why I don't take them very seriously.  They truly can't seem to grasp the reality that history has displayed over and over.  Government ALWAYS eventually moves toward Tyranny, ALWAYS.  I think we are clearly seeing that move in America today and Trump isn't the catalyst, he's the solution.

Hitler and Stalin disarmed the people who lived under their tyrannical regimes. Mao was a big fan of gun control. The KKK were not big supporters of the NRA. Aware people notice the pattern.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, F3SS said:

I took one of my friends Colonopin (sp?) once, it was about the size of a grain of white rice. It knocked me out almost immediately for nearly 24 hours with a few crazy details in between I’d rather not share. OTOH my friend eats them like candy as he’s been prescribed them for years. After that experience I told him he must really be crazy if those things keep him straight. I can imagine how being misprescribed pills can lead to horrific side effects and when diagnosing someone based on educated guesses and opinions I’m sure it happens all the time.

Hey don’t get the wrong idea about me. I hate pills and never tried more than a couple things but for whatever stupid reason I did that night.

It could be that the killer went crazy after he took Valium, especially if he combined it with an alcoholic drink. That may or may not be the case, but your experience shows that varied drugs affect varied people in varied ways. Perhaps he took a dangerously high dosage of it. Your guess is as good as mine.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, F3SS said:

I just turned on Bill Maher and his guest just said in the context of trashing the 2nd “it is harder to buy cough medicine than it is to buy an ak47” to claps and cheers from Maher and an equally un-knowledgeable audience.

They keep wanting to “have this conversation” but they never know what the hell theyre talking about. 

They prefer lectures and sermons over conversations. They want monologues, not dialogues. Why state facts when propaganda will do? Remember that progressives are the new champions of censorship.

• Like 4

On 10/6/2017 at 4:37 PM, and then said:

I get the impression that those who are so totally committed to removing guns from Americans, wouldn't be much concerned if we DID wind up in camps.  It's why I don't take them very seriously.  They truly can't seem to grasp the reality that history has displayed over and over.  Government ALWAYS eventually moves toward Tyranny, ALWAYS.  I think we are clearly seeing that move in America today and Trump isn't the catalyst, he's the solution.

Well, we can agree to disagree on that one. I just wish he'd do more to unite the country, instead of always trying to divide it even more. 

Ordinary folks, we can agree on a lot, and I don't think most politicians have our best interests at heart. 

• Like 5

Las Vegas shooter's note contained calculations for targeting crowd, source says

A handwritten note in the hotel room of Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock contained calculations pertaining to the distance and trajectory from his window on the 32nd floor to the festival crowd below, according to a law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation. CNN has previously reported that a note containing only numbers was found in the room. Those numbers were characterized as being significant to the gunman.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/07/us/las-vegas-shooting-investigation/index.html?adkey=bn

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Hitler and Stalin disarmed the people who lived under their tyrannical regimes. Mao was a big fan of gun control. The KKK were not big supporters of the NRA. Aware people notice the pattern.

Not so true about the KKK. Those guys and Aryan Nations are linked with the Patriot movement and they're all big on guns. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Las Vegas shooter's note contained calculations for targeting crowd, source says

A handwritten note in the hotel room of Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock contained calculations pertaining to the distance and trajectory from his window on the 32nd floor to the festival crowd below, according to a law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation. CNN has previously reported that a note containing only numbers was found in the room. Those numbers were characterized as being significant to the gunman.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/07/us/las-vegas-shooting-investigation/index.html?adkey=bn

Great find, Michelle !

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Great find, Michelle !

Thank you. I can't help trying to fit the pieces of this puzzle together. I hope they do freeze his assets. I'd like to see a breakdown of them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paranormal Panther said:

There is a difference between gun control and a gun ban.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Thank you. I can't help trying to fit the pieces of this puzzle together. I hope they do freeze his assets. I'd like to see a breakdown of them.

Yeah. Me too. I know many of us enjoy picking this apart and putting things together.

Also, my understanding is that a request to seize assets has been submitted to the Court.

• Like 3

group-1.jpg

Members of the law enforcement team who were the first to enter Stephen Paddock's hotel room after he opened fire on a crowd in Las Vegas. Top row, from left to right: Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Detectives Casey Clarkson and Matthew Donaldson. Bottom row, left to right: Dave Newton from the Las Vegas Police Department's K-9 unit and Sgt. Joshua Bitkso.

CBS NEWS / "60 MINUTES"
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

That was fairly close to my guess.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kismit said:

That was fairly close to my guess.

That's the way I was leaning too.

• Like 2

The 500 injured people, were they ever clear on how many were shot and how many were hurt in other ways like stampeded maybe? And are there any in critical condition still fighting? Just wondering.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, F3SS said:

The 500 injured people, were they ever clear on how many were shot and how many were hurt in other ways like stampeded maybe? And are there any in critical condition still fighting? Just wondering.

I read 37 are still in critical condition.

Edit: A different source said 58 I think.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

To clarify the timeline of police response to Paddocks hotel room...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/las-vegas-shooting-timeline-stephen-paddock-mandalay-bay/

The first officers arrived on the 31st floor -- one floor below where Paddock was firing -- at 10:12 p.m. Officers arrived at the 32nd floor at 10:17 p.m. Lombardo said it was "phenomenal" they reached the 32nd floor within 12 minutes of when shots rang out.

Edited by Saru
Trimmed for length
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Not so true about the KKK. Those guys and Aryan Nations are linked with the Patriot movement and they're all big on guns. 

That was a reference to the time that the NRA trained Black citizens who were terrorized by the KKK. And Then probably got the reference.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thanato said:

There is a difference between gun control and a gun ban.

I know. I hope that our "representatives" remember that.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Las Vegas Strip Shooting