Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Las Vegas Strip Shooting

Timothy

Current as of today, funds raised for the victims of this massacre...

gofundme3.thumb.png.b358aa70e2c7c8f0105e9b7bc0e3ce9e.png

• Like 2

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/oct/06/car-dealer-says-shooter-called-life-miserable/

Car dealer says shooter called life ‘miserable’

Associated Press

Friday, Oct. 6, 2017 | 12:04 p.m.

Scott Armstrong, a Reno car dealer, said Las Vegas mass shooter Stephen Paddock confided in him about relationship troubles when the would-be gunman stopped in looking to buy a car about two months ago.

"Somehow or another we ended up talking about bad relationships, and he confided that he was depressed and his life was miserable," Armstrong said. "It just struck me as really odd that somebody would say that."

Paddock, unshaven and dressed casually but not disheveled, didn't elaborate on his relationship troubles, and Armstrong didn't pry. He didn't smile, and he "wasn't very pleasant to talk to," he said.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Michelle said:

He definitely had a change in personality over the years. I guess when he made enough money he had very little use for people anymore. Except when he wanted to be waited on hand and foot. Probably why he took so many gambling vacations. He could be catered to without anyone being up in his business at home.

That change in personality has me very curios. My first thought was maybe a chronic health issue popped up, like fibromyalgia or something along those lines but now I have to wonder when that change of personality really started and what other influences might have led to that. 

• Like 2

What puzzles me is that shooting people in the dark from a long distance isn't the same type of violence as raping and killing a prostitute (Paddock's supposed fantasy). Up close and personal violence differs from far away and anonymous violence. This all seems very unusual to me, guess the forensic psychologists will have a field day with this one.

• Like 4

A VERY good YouTube slideshow of the deceased victims...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

What puzzles me is that shooting people in the dark from a long distance isn't the same type of violence as raping and killing a prostitute (Paddock's supposed fantasy). Up close and personal violence differs from far away and anonymous violence. This all seems very unusual to me, guess the forensic psychologists will have a field day with this one.

That's easy to explain Lilly.

He's a coward. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

Its questions like those that have me still not convinced he wasn't paid/pushed/coerced by someone to do this. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Its questions like those that have me still not convinced he wasn't paid/pushed/coerced by someone to do this. 

Me to. The closer I look at this mess, the more baffling it becomes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

Me to. The closer I look at this mess, the more baffling it becomes.

There's a right wing chick named Laura Loomer who i discovered is doing "citizen journalism" on this so I started watching her Twitter feed and while some of the things she says are just idiocy (like he mustve been muslim because he didnt drink at the tables) she has scooped some things like the fact that Paddock checked in to the hotel 3 days prior to the date the FBI initially released.  https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

If you or anyone else has any other sources to that kind of info/reporting we should share it here 

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

There's a right wing chick named Laura Loomer who i discovered is doing "citizen journalism" on this so I started watching her Twitter feed and while some of the things she says are just idiocy (like he mustve been muslim because he didnt drink at the tables) she has scooped some things like the fact that Paddock checked in to the hotel 3 days prior to the date the FBI initially released.  https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

If you or anyone else has any other sources to that kind of info/reporting we should share it here 

Yes I saw that as well. Very strange. Why would the FBI lie about it? If it was a mistake, why not correct it? I don't think we will ever get the full story. That fact alone makes this reek of a false flag, but to what end? They have no chance of getting gun control passed right now. Maybe to try and spark a civil war?? I just don't know. It doesn't make any sense.

• Like 1

One thing I did notice was in an article about what the hooker had to say about Paddock. It appears that he was not only sexually twisted (violence and rape) but Paddock was also a 9/11 conspiracy theorist.

I'll go look for that article. http://nypost.com/2017/10/08/vegas-gunman-liked-violent-rape-fantasies-prostitute-says/

I'm not sure this is at all significant (lots of people have 9/11 CT beliefs) but it's something.

• Like 2

Another thing very odd was his brother. On day one he said he doubted his brother even did it. But by the very next day said he for 100% sure did do it? Mmm what? That sounds like a man who was threatened.

• Like 1

Just now, preacherman76 said:

Yes I saw that as well. Very strange. Why would the FBI lie about it? If it was a mistake, why not correct it? I don't think we will ever get the full story. That fact alone makes this reek of a false flag, but to what end? They have no chance of getting gun control passed right now. Maybe to try and spark a civil war?? I just don't know. It doesn't make any sense.

Yeah IDK either. The civil war thought was my first but the fact that he apparently targeted a more liberal concert as well kinda throws that into question, and the only other possible things I can think of on the false flag front is that the claim will be North Korea or Iran paid him to do it. 

Then again, perhaps he just hated the government in general (part of his mental illness) and he simply wanted to create chaos?

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeah IDK either. The civil war thought was my first but the fact that he apparently targeted a more liberal concert as well kinda throws that into question, and the only other possible things I can think of on the false flag front is that the claim will be North Korea or Iran paid him to do it. 

Well, maybe they didn't care which side starts it, so long as it gets started. If they paint him as a right or left wing lunitic, does it really matter?

Thinking about him checking in 3 days before is really bothering me now. I mean that would have to be covered up. There is no way to mistake that. There are records that would have had to have been taken from the hotel office.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Another thing very odd was his brother. On day one he said he doubted his brother even did it. But by the very next day said he for 100% sure did do it? Mmm what? That sounds like a man who was threatened.

Sounds more like a man who is struggling to come to terms with the fact that his brother just murdered 58 people and injured 500 more...

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Then again, perhaps he just hated the government in general (part of his mental illness) and he simply wanted to create chaos?

It also appears that, excepting very few, he hated people.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Narcisse said:

Sounds more like a man who is struggling to come to terms with the fact that his brother just murdered 58 people and injured 500 more...

Could be. If you are close to your brother though, you would probably know if they were capable of such a thing. You could be right though.

• Like 1

Just now, preacherman76 said:

Could be. If you are close to your brother though, you would probably know if they were capable of such a thing. You could be right though.

No you wouldn't. People hide the darkest parts of themselves from everyone. No one thinks anyone they know is capable of anything horrible until they do something horrible(with a few exceptions). Paddock did it. It wasn't a false flag, and there is no government conspiracy to start a civil war.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Narcisse said:

No you wouldn't. People hide the darkest parts of themselves from everyone. No one thinks anyone they know is capable of anything horrible until they do something horrible(with a few exceptions). Paddock did it. It wasn't a false flag, and there is no government conspiracy to start a civil war.

Well Im not saying it is. To deny the possibility though is to ignore a great deal of human history, as well as verified inconsistencies in this story.  

edit to add- WikiLeaks has more then proven that there are those in the deep state who very much want to see our cultures clash. They didn't use the words civil war, but they are admittedly using division as a political tool.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Narcisse said:

I have to agree.

Which makes it more and more creepy finding out more details about this (I hesitate to call him) man. How he could kill and injure so many and ruin the lives of their families.

All because he was an unhappy multimillionaire who happened to be very obsessed with his evil dad. So much so that his overblown sense of self-importance drove him to need to out do him.

There are no words.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I disagree.   I think the brother was in a state of denial at first and then came to grips with it.  

• Like 2

I’m leaning pretty hard on his only motive being mayhem and that’s it. I seen a movie once called Rampage about a young guy who secretly bought guns and ammo and head to toe body armor online and went on a huge killing spree in his small town. His only motive was mayhem. 

I also don’t buy into this false flag stuff. I think the closest thing we have to false flags in when the feds entrap nitwits to take part in bomb plots so they can say they thrawrted some terrorism.

• Like 6

• The title was changed to Las Vegas Strip Shooting