Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Las Vegas Strip Shooting

Timothy

Amazing. 

We don't even know what guns he had, or what his girlfriend knew, but already we're posting endless theories about his motives ? 

We have VERY little information. And yet we're hypothesising about human motives ? 

Hey, has anyone interviewed the Grassy Knoll about IT'S "feelings" yet ? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Amazing. 

We don't even know what guns he had, or what his girlfriend knew, but already we're posting endless theories about his motives ? 

We have VERY little information. And yet we're hypothesising about human motives ? 

Actually we do. He had a few fully automatic weapons aka AK-47 and he had a bunch of modified AR-15 equipped with "Bump Fire Stock." What we don't have is the motive behind this attack or at least a hint of it. We do know he calculated his trajectory on that paper that people though was a suicide note. He left nothing behind to indicate his intentions and reasons for doing this! Even the leading anti-2nd amendment democrat senator stated that there was no law on the books or could be made that would have stopped this type of attack, but they still are pushing to chip away at the 2nd amendment regardless of that fact. Shows the true colors of the left doesn't it?

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Amazing. 

Any theories I put forward have been put forward using information that is proven public knowledge.

it's certainly better than some of the unproven guess work that was given in the first 24 hours by some news outlets. 

The chances are there will never be a proven motive. And the chances are the motive is more mundane and human than the hideous act itself.

• Like 1

Then perhaps... despite our natural tendencies to ask questions... we should all SHUT UP for another week ? 

Uncle Sam, have the investigators FORMALLY declared that he had fully automatic AK-47'S ? If so, which country did they come from ? No... you don't know, do you ? Because the authorities havn't confirmed ANY of the weapons. 

If the "authorities" havn't given some BASIC forensic answers by then, well... then we can hypothesise. Or perhaps riot. 

But the "public knowlege"... as opposed to the media and CT speculation.. is currently REMARKABLY thin. 

So wait. 

Edited by RoofGardener

13 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Then perhaps... despite our natural tendencies to ask questions... we should all SHUT UP for another week ? 

Uncle Sam, have the investigators FORMALLY declared that he had fully automatic AK-47'S ? If so, which country did they come from ? No... you don't know, do you ? Because the authorities havn't confirmed ANY of the weapons. 

If the "authorities" havn't given some BASIC forensic answers by then, well... then we can hypothesise. Or perhaps riot. 

Hmm... after look back, I was wrong. They were not fully automatic, they were semi-automatic and modified as well to be fully automatic. When I usually think of Ak-47, I think of the older version, not the newer version designed by united states that can use automatic and semi-automatic fire. A single part is traded out to change the fire rate. Also.... check out the Independent. They make it sound like he used nukes!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/stephen-paddock-las-vegas-shooting-weapon-mass-destruction-attack-district-attorney-gun-control-laws-a7979291.html

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

Hmm... after look back, I was wrong. They were not fully automatic, they were semi-automatic and modified as well to be fully automatic. When I usually think of Ak-47, I think of the older version, not the newer version designed by united states that can use automatic and semi-automatic fire. A single part is traded out to change the fire rate.

US-gun-control-latest-news-938x450.jpg

I have a rifle just like this one, but I got a red dot instead of a hologram.

Sam, my apologies. I was (am) in a ... mood.. when I wrote that post. 

I'd just finished watching Doctor Who: the Forest of the Dead. 

Meh.... I still think everyone is being VERY premature. But then... some days... nobody dies. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Another thing very odd was his brother. On day one he said he doubted his brother even did it. But by the very next day said he for 100% sure did do it? Mmm what? That sounds like a man who was threatened.

Actually sounds like a man who loved his brother and just didn't want to believe it to me. That's really quite normal behaivior under the circumstances. I bet he Eric and Stephen's othwr brothers have spent days trying to come to terms with this. And they may well never trully reconcile it.

Paddock was in the room prior to the FBI's statement of when he first booked the apartment. The evidence was on the reciept published to facebook.Why the discrepency? Clerical error? Why haven't the public been told that the clerical error was a mistake? Possibly because it's minor information, why waste police resources on something so trivial, when there are actually more important issues than placating a conspiracy drenched public.

The conspiracy theory does not hold water, it just simply isn't possible to have everyone involved on the payroll, and if it were, it's impossible to stop the leaks of information, a conspiracy just simply would not go uncovered. They couldn't even stop the hotel reciept fron being published.

Anti gun lobyists are generally againat gun violence, so that's a silly angle for conspiracy.

Someone wants to start a civil war? Who, Why, ? Someone who gains from already having an armed militia? Because chances are the pro-gunners would win. So that rules out a Liberal agenda. There is no point to the conspiracy angle.

Why on earth can people not just go, right here are the facts, how do they actually piece together?

Occams razor, the simplest answer is most often the correct one. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Sam, my apologies. I was (am) in a ... mood.. when I wrote that post. 

I'd just finished watching Doctor Who: the Forest of the Dead. 

Meh.... I still think everyone is being VERY premature. But then... some days... nobody dies. 

Man... must have been one of those episodes that make you on the edge...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Amazing. 

Are you kidding me? You haven't read the entire thread, have you?

Within this thread is a CONSIDERABLE amount of FACTUAL information UM members have posted, and a few theories sprinkled in.

Edited by Kismit

21 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The story says that mass shootings involve four or more shootings at or around the same place and time. 273 instances are recorded for 2017. That is anomalous for a country of this size, especially when you look at the circumstances of all of the shootings. Some of the homicides are related to street gangs.

• Like 1

Moderator note:

sometimes posters do not read an entire thread. This does not mean a poster is not welcolme to participate. As an online community it is important that we attempt to comunicate as effectively and positively as possible.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

No, but it did make him a rarity. Rather than “a Tuesday”. 

Do you want to lower death tolls by removing guns from a mostly innocent populace?  Have a read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_and_anthropogenic_disasters_by_death_toll

NO DAMNED BODY is going to shame or coerce my generation of Americans into giving up our God-given right to self-protection without a long, bloody fight.  If you want to vicariously live in fear or bask in a sense of moral superiority - go right ahead.  No one here cares.  I predict that these numbers will rise.  As our culture becomes more divided and amoral the numbers must rise.  I'd advise you to watch the overall pattern of WHERE most of the carnage occurs.  It will be singularly instructive if you apply the least degree of reasoning.   Chicago has been a Democrat stronghold for generations and they kill more than Paddock did on the average Holiday weekend.  When did you last here our media's outrage over THOSE deaths?  

• Like 2

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Michelle said:

The thing is, most of us are confidant, as we go through our daily lives, we won't be shot. There are pockets, in most larger cities, where you don't even drive through under any circumstances. Day or night. Even if they aren't aiming at you a stray bullet could catch you. Then there are cities where the vast majority is a no go zone.

Y'all make it sound like we are dodging bullets going to the mall. Granted violence did spread when they did away with a lot of the low income housing projects. At that time they required landlords to provide a certain percentage of low income minorities in their rental properties. It caused a lot of problems with rival gang members ending up living in close proximity to each other.

I mentioned street gangs in my reply to the guy who wears hats, so you stole my thunder. You bring up an important point in your posts. Accuracy and context are key when seeking an understanding of our culture and our society. Mass shootings often are circumstantial. You brought up both domestic crimes and gang crimes. The vast majority of Americans live their lives without encountering either one. Foreign people also don't realize the vast differences found between regions in our country, and they especially don't appreciate the fact that we have places that are as peaceful as any European country. They also don't look past guns when there are mass shootings.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Another thing very odd was his brother. On day one he said he doubted his brother even did it. But by the very next day said he for 100% sure did do it? Mmm what? That sounds like a man who was threatened.

I'm not one to embrace most accounts of things like crisis actors and gang stalkers, but there's at least one weird account out there. A survivor was interviewed on CNN. He said that his girlfriend was *shot in the heart* at the concert, and they hid with her before she later was hospitalized. He's mistaken, or that's a miracle.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I'm not one to embrace most accounts of things like crisis actors and gang stalkers, but there's at least one weird account out there. A survivor was interviewed on CNN. He said that his girlfriend was *shot in the heart* at the concert, and they hid with her before she later was hospitalized. He's mistaken, or that's a miracle.

Or he is dealing with the confusion of trauma. Maybe he meant shot in the area of the chest close to the heart. That's a pretty traumatic thing to witness.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, and then said:

Do you want to lower death tolls by removing guns from a mostly innocent populace?  Have a read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_and_anthropogenic_disasters_by_death_toll

NO DAMNED BODY is going to shame or coerce my generation of Americans into giving up our God-given right to self-protection without a long, bloody fight.  If you want to vicariously live in fear or bask in a sense of moral superiority - go right ahead.  No one here cares.  I predict that these numbers will rise.  As our culture becomes more divided and amoral the numbers must rise.  I'd advise you to watch the overall pattern of WHERE most of the carnage occurs.  It will be singularly instructive if you apply the least degree of reasoning.   Chicago has been a Democrat stronghold for generations and they kill more than Paddock did on the average Holiday weekend.  When did you last here our media's outrage over THOSE deaths?  

Where the hell in the Bible does it say you have a right to self protection? Turn the other cheek is in the Bible. Forgive the man who strikes you is in the Bible. Love the man who hates you is in the Bible.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

I’m leaning pretty hard on his only motive being mayhem and that’s it. I seen a movie once called Rampage about a young guy who secretly bought guns and ammo and head to toe body armor online and went on a huge killing spree in his small town. His only motive was mayhem. 

I also don’t buy into this false flag stuff. I think the closest thing we have to false flags in when the feds entrap nitwits to take part in bomb plots so they can say they thrawrted some terrorism.

Your take probably is right. My gut told me "lone fiend" from jump, but it's understandable why folks might doubt that. Some of the logistics and witnesses seem to contradict the official narrative. It's also hard to believe that one older person could do all of that by himself. There's also the fact that false flags aren't just in the realm of conspiracy theories. Look at the chilling details of Operation Northwoods. That's a blueprint and template that can't be denied. Our progressive friends, who think that this is a "right-winger thing", should check out Gladio in Italy, which was a false flag to blame communists for terrorist acts committed by right-wingers. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Or he is dealing with the confusion of trauma. Maybe he meant shot in the area of the chest close to the heart. That's a pretty traumatic thing to witness.

That's true. That's why I said that he might be mistaken.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Where the hell in the Bible does it say you have a right to self protection? Turn the other cheek is in the Bible. Forgive the man who strikes you is in the Bible. Love the man who hates you is in the Bible.  

Jews beg to differ. Just look at those eyes and those teeth in the Old Testament. Martin Luther King said that the exchange could leave societies eyeless and toothless. Other people see it as justice.

• Like 1

Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock shot and injured a hotel security guard before he opened fire on a crowd of concert goers, not after as previously thought, investigators said Monday.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/10/09/Las-Vegas-gunman-shot-security-guard-before-opening-fire-on-crowd/7231507550543/?utm_source=sec&utm_campaign=sl&utm_medium=13

:blink:

I did like this part...

Eric Paddock said he plans to have the shooter's body cremated and will use his brother's assets to create a trust for the victims of the attack.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Jews beg to differ. Just look at those eyes and those teeth in the Old Testament. Martin Luther King said that the exchange could leave societies eyeless and toothless. Other people see it as justice.

You can't really a  pick ideas from different religions to decide what a God meant. If a belief is so strong that you believe it was given by God, then you have to be pretty aware of that philosphy as your one real belief. Either that or it has to be about the one true God, which would inevitably mean it encompasess all religious beliefs

The truth is there is no god given right. Perhaps a government sanctioned right, but unless all religions can agree then, "The God" given right argument is just a statement of passion and not of fact.

• Like 1

The man accused of carrying out last week’s deadly mass shooting in Las Vegas, Stephen Paddock, was a caring person who tried his best to "make people happy," a friend and longtime employee of his told ABC News’ “Good Morning America” today.

“He actually cared about everybody,” said Lisa Crawford of Dallas, who managed an apartment that Paddock owned from 2006 to 2012.

“He tried to make people happy. He tried to make people care. And I don’t know what happened to him,” she said as she fought to hold back tears.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/friend-vegas-shooter-stephen-paddock-describes-caring-person/story?id=50364227

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

The man accused of carrying out last week’s deadly mass shooting in Las Vegas, Stephen Paddock, was a caring person who tried his best to "make people happy," a friend and longtime employee of his told ABC News’ “Good Morning America” today.

“He actually cared about everybody,” said Lisa Crawford of Dallas, who managed an apartment that Paddock owned from 2006 to 2012.

“He tried to make people happy. He tried to make people care. And I don’t know what happened to him,” she said as she fought to hold back tears.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/friend-vegas-shooter-stephen-paddock-describes-caring-person/story?id=50364227

This must be heartbreaking for his Mum

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kismit said:

This must be heartbreaking for his Mum

Apparently she loaned him all the money she had to get him started in real estate. When he started making money shortly after he took care of her every need.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Las Vegas Strip Shooting