Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Las Vegas Strip Shooting

Timothy

6 minutes ago, pallidin said:

I completely disagree, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I guess I'm just not a paranoid conspiracist.

Why does looking at all the angles necessarily make one a paranoid conspiracist?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pallidin said:

I completely disagree, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I guess I'm just not a paranoid conspiracist.

The shooter was shooting at the tanks to blow up people, before shooting the concert. To me its sounds more like a terrorist war  

What evidence, name one single piece, that terrorists were involved and also shot Paddock?

There is no such thing as "evidence by omission of other evidence"

That's called speculation and in extreme cases, paranoia.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

Someone would want credit for doing this if they went through the trouble of hiring him to do it.  

I think he was just nuts.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kismit said:

It kind of is that simple.

The act of planning and acting on cold blooded mass murder is not normal behaivior.

It's not a meh he was just nuts, he was clearly in an abnormal state of mind. The cause of that we don't know. Perhaps a brain tumor, perhaps stress, perhaps he was just born a psychopath, but clearly not behaving in a normal way.

This is more of a philosophical question, but can someone be evil without being mentally ill? We know evil exists, so what if Paddock was perfectly lucid throughout his planning, preparation and execution? That would make his behavior abnormal but would that automatically allude to mental illness? I hope the answer is "yes", because the alternative requires us to admit truly evil people are living among us with no indicators.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

There are means of testing that determine if a person has recently fired a gun: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunshot_residue

I'm pretty sure the authorities can tell that Mr Paddock did indeed fire the weapons involved in this crime.

I just questioning how  Poddark`s  guns got to his hotel room . Is there any evidence Poddark brought them in.    

35 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I just questioning how  Poddark`s  guns got to his hotel room . Is there any evidence Poddark brought them in.    

That's a good question, did he (or didn't he) have to have had help bringing in such a large number of guns? I don't think this has been completely answered as of yet.

3 hours ago, pallidin said:

There is no such thing as "evidence by omission of other evidence"

That's called speculation and in extreme cases, paranoia.

Wait so what youre saying is that you're paranoid of people with mental difficulties since you have nothing more than speculation that mental difficulties were the cause for the shooting? 

25 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

He was there for a few days.   Pretty easy to make a few trips to your room per day.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Wait so what youre saying is that you're paranoid of people with mental difficulties since you have nothing more than speculation that mental difficulties were the cause for the shooting? 

No, I'm saying that people (whomever) that INSIST there were terrorists who shot Paddock dead and were, instead of Paddock, the ones who fired into the crowd... paranoid and conspiracists, because there isn't a single shred of evidence to support that.

• Like 1

Just now, pallidin said:

No, I'm saying that people (whomever) that INSIST there were terrorists who shot Paddock dead and were, instead of Paddock, the ones who fired into the crowd... paranoid and conspiracists, because there isn't a single shred of evidence to support that.

OK I get the part about people who insist they KNOW the answer. I will however insist that it is a possibility that paddock didnt do the shooting or was killed by an accomplice as we just dont know the whole story. 

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

OK I get the part about people who insist they KNOW the answer. I will however insist that it is a possibility that paddock didnt do the shooting or was killed by an accomplice as we just dont know the whole story. 

Well, again, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Hope you will dig up some evidence to support it... would be interesting.

For myself I'm sticking to the prevalent theory proposed by the officials.

1 minute ago, pallidin said:

Well, again, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Hope you will dig up some evidence to support it... would be interesting.

For myself I'm sticking to the prevalent theory proposed by the officials.

My only opinion is that we dont quite know what happened. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

My only opinion is that we dont quite know what happened. 

Well, we know that Paddock was the only one found inside the baricaded hotel room with broken window and full of guns that he owned.

Remember, the doors where drilled shut from the inside, not the outside, ... the police had to blow them open.

So if Paddock was shot dead by someone else, how did they get out and drill shut the door from the inside?????

Explain THAT.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Well, we know that Paddock was the only one found inside the baricaded hotel room with broken window and full of guns that he owned.

Remember, the doors where drilled shut from the inside, not the outside, ... the police had to blow them open.

So if Paddock was shot dead by someone else, how did they get out and drill shut the door from the inside?????

Explain THAT.

The officials also said he checked into the hotel 3 days after he actually did and werent going to change that narrative until forced to do so by citizen journalists. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

So what's your answer to my post of the inside baricaded door. Kind of blows alot of conspiracy away, doesn't it !?

14 minutes ago, pallidin said:

So what's your answer to my post of the inside baricaded door. Kind of blows alot of conspiracy away, doesn't it !?

IDK He could have drilled the door shut after an accomplice left, or  law enforcement could be wrong and or even lying. Once basic things like when he checked into the hotel start being thrown into doubt by authorities you have to start looking at all the possibilities. 

Anecdotally my place of work was raided by the feds once and hilariously the FBI spent a good couple of minutes slamming the door with a battering ram to make entry....what was hilarious about it was the fact that the door was unlocked the entire time. 

Ok I typed the response above before thinking I would look to see if there were photos of his door being screwed shut when I found this :

The four-man team found the stairwell door to Paddock's hallway barricaded.
"He had screwed shut the door with a piece of metal and some screws in the stairwell going out to the hallway right by his door," Bitsko recalled.

What I didnt find was anything saying his ROOM door was screwed shut just the stairway door. Are you sure his room was screwed shut?

Edited by Farmer77

Yes, hallway door, my bad... so how did the terrorists get out, or the supposed gunman who shot Paddock.

Edited by pallidin

@Farmer77 your place was raided by FBI? are you drug dealer . 

Just saw fox News clip that the shotter shot the security guard first 200 rounds were fired and the guard was hit in the leg. The whole shooting time line moves up by 6 minutes. 

4 minutes ago, pallidin said:

It's in the same bolded sentence:

He had screwed shut the door with a piece of metal and some screws

AND

some screws in the stairwell going out to the hallway right by his door.

----------------

2 different doors.

No its not Heres the rest of that paragraph that shows the references to a door being screwed shut were speaking of the hallway: 

The four-man team found the stairwell door to Paddock's hallway barricaded.
"He had screwed shut the door with a piece of metal and some screws in the stairwell going out to the hallway right by his door," Bitsko recalled.
The SWAT officer used a pry bar to pop the door open, Newton said.
Down the hall, the door to Paddock's room was riddled with bullet holes.
"It looked like Swiss cheese," Newton said.
The SWAT team member quietly set explosives to blow open the door, hoping not to arouse the shooter's suspicions, said Newton.
"Hurry, hurry -- hurry but be quiet," Newton remembered saying.

As you can see Paddocks room was down the hall from the door that was screwed shut. 

. Ive now read several sources specifically looking and none of them claim that the door to his room was screwed shut 

Edited by Farmer77

5 minutes ago, kartikg said:

@Farmer77 your place was raided by FBI? are you drug dealer . 

Just saw fox News clip that the shotter shot the security guard first 200 rounds were fired and the guard was hit in the leg. The whole shooting time line moves up by 6 minutes. 

Nah spent some time working for government contractor types, some of whom weren't necessarily above board....of course are any of them really? 

Yes, hallway door, my bad... so how did the terrorists get out, or the supposed gunman who shot Paddock.

The elevator, or maybe they rappeled out the window?

Doesn't matter, the fact remains that Paddock was the lone shooter and Paddock alone committed  suicide.

That issue, for me, is closed, as it is with the authorities.

Edited by pallidin

Just now, pallidin said:

IDK if security didnt catch paddock when he was screwing the hallway door shut who knows what else they "missed" .......or let happen 

• The title was changed to Las Vegas Strip Shooting