Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Las Vegas Strip Shooting


Timothy
 Share

Recommended Posts

What I find bizarre is that everyone is finding all kinds of weird theories or excuses on why it couldn't be him.  You never do it for the other terrorist attacks.  The guys on Facebook are citing it as an example of "white privillege".  (This whole excuse thing isn't just on this forum, it's everywhere it seems) 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If this image is accurate, he did use a bump-fire stock on an AR.  I can't tell if it's a 10 or 15.  The AR 10 is a .308 caliber.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/03/first-photographs-inside-las-vegas-gunmans-hotel-room-show-assault/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, and then said:

This is actually the part of his planning that seemed pointless.  He chose the right place to give him a perfect field of fire.  He waited until the headline act when the most people would be there and he had to have understood that his time would be very limited before his hide would be breached.  Why bring so many extra weapons?  It just seems like an out of place precaution, unless maybe he was expecting some others over for the party?

...

My bold: Would it raise less flags to buy more guns with 1-2 clips, than buying one gun with multiple clips?

Rich guy collecting guns rather than rich guy stockpiling ammo with 1 gun? Edit: I don't know how Nevada gun laws work, just adding a thought.

On a separate note unrelated to the above quoted comment: The people claiming this is a conspiracy, I really hope something happens to somehow change the way you're thinking.

Edited by Timonthy
Edit.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

My bold: Would it raise less flags to buy more guns with 1-2 clips, than buying one gun with multiple clips?

Rich guy collecting guns rather than rich guy stockpiling ammo with 1 gun? Edit: I don't know how Nevada gun laws work, just adding a thought.

The people claiming this is a conspiracy, I really hope something happens to somehow change the way you're thinking.

First, I'm making no claim of a conspiracy whatever.  Just like everyone else, I'm dumbfounded why a person with such a background would decide to commit an atrocity and then kill himself.  As to raising suspicion about the numbers of magazines, unless he ordered hundreds of them, I doubt he'd pop up on anyone's radar.  I probably own a dozen that I've purchased over the years.  He seems like he was a collector that, for whatever reason, became unstable and decided to end his own life, along with many others.  Finding his motive is the real task now and I pray that we find that he truly was just insane.  

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, and then said:

First, I'm making no claim of a conspiracy whatever.  Just like everyone else, I'm dumbfounded why a person with such a background would decide to commit an atrocity and then kill himself.  As to raising suspicion about the numbers of magazines, unless he ordered hundreds of them, I doubt he'd pop up on anyone's radar.  I probably own a dozen that I've purchased over the years.  He seems like he was a collector that, for whatever reason, became unstable and decided to end his own life, along with many others.  Finding his motive is the real task now and I pray that we find that he truly was just insane.  

Sorry, I wasn't claiming that you were making any conspiracy claim, that last comment was unrelated to your post and I should have made it clear.

Edited by Timonthy
Just edited my previous post to clarify this.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

My bold: Would it raise less flags to buy more guns with 1-2 clips, than buying one gun with multiple clips?

Rich guy collecting guns rather than rich guy stockpiling ammo with 1 gun? Edit: I don't know how Nevada gun laws work, just adding a thought.

The people claiming this is a conspiracy, I really hope something happens to somehow change the way you're thinking.

Most people do stockpile ammo and clips a bit.  You see it cheap and you buy it.  If you buy it at a gun range the cost is highway robbery.  If you go to some ranges you pay and you are there as long as you like.  Others you pay per hour, in that case you buy lots of clips and load them before hand to save money.

Edited by travelnjones
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

What I find bizarre is that everyone is finding all kinds of weird theories or excuses on why it couldn't be him.  You never do it for the other terrorist attacks.  The guys on Facebook are citing it as an example of "white privillege".  (This whole excuse thing isn't just on this forum, it's everywhere it seems) 

That’s a bit unfair and nobody has made any claims. His whiteness has nothing to do with it. We are all speculating off the wall possibilities because given what we are told so far about his life doesn’t make sense to what he’s done. This is the most bizarre turn of events anyone has ever seen and we all just want to know why. 

 

10 minutes ago, travelnjones said:

Most people do stockpile ammo and clips a bit.  You see it cheap and you buy it.  If you buy it at a gun range the cost is highway robbery.  If you go to some ranges you pay and you are there as long as you like.  Others you pay per hour, in that case you buy lots of clips and load them before hand to save money.

There’s an indoor range right near me that you’re not allowed to use your own ammo so that’s not always the case.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FYI: it looks like there was a gun show in Vegas just last week and there's one next week.  So it's probably not unusual to see caches of weapons carried in and out of hotels.  In fact, it seems that there is a "Great Las Vegas Gun Show"  every month or so.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some psychologists on the news said it could have been a brain disfigure,  but a autopsy on him should be examine:rolleyes:  I had blood clouts in my head,did not burst but sure screw up my mind. :(

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fox news just stated that the gunman placed camera's up and down the hotel. Sounds like he planned on having a shootout with the police, but since he is dead, he probably couldn't follow through. The only reason I can think of placing cameras before committing a act like this. Maybe I am wrong, just seems a little too planned in my eyes.

Las Vegas shooter installed cameras in and out hotel room ahead of premeditated attack.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He left a suicide note (in my opinion)

Here FIRST, on UM...

This is a very close crop of a full image from: 

*snip*

Screenshot_2017-10-03-17-54-16-1-1.jpg

I have better resolution, but, I see writing on a pinkish piece of paper next to a fat pen and underneath a roll of tape.

In full resolution you can tell it's writting.

It's definitely a purposefully left note of some type.

Edited by Saru
Link removed due to graphic content
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my full resolution which is too big to upload, I can clearly see what appears to be full lines of writing.

Try it yourself and you'll see.

Pallidin

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
1 hour ago, F3SS said:

That’s a bit unfair and nobody has made any claims. His whiteness has nothing to do with it. We are all speculating off the wall possibilities because given what we are told so far about his life doesn’t make sense to what he’s done. This is the most bizarre turn of events anyone has ever seen and we all just want to know why. 

 

There’s an indoor range right near me that you’re not allowed to use your own ammo so that’s not always the case.

Actually given the few details about his life that we know we can guess the man had at least one compulsive trait. Gambling. And that that particular compulsion was so strong it determined where he lived. 

Im not giving a reason or assuming I know why the shooter did what he did, but wealth does not equal happiness or sanity.

Compulsive behaivior however is a red flag to a psyche worker. It doesn't mean people are going to kill but it does show a hightened reward/gratification response, like drug addiction or alcohol abuse.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Actually given the few details about his life that we know we can guess the man had at least one compulsive trait. Gambling. And that that particular compulsion was so strong it determined where he lived. 

Im not giving a reason or assuming I know why the shooter did what he did, but wealth does not equal happiness or sanity.

Compulsive behaivior however is a red flag to a psyche worker. It doesn't mean people are going to kill but it does show a hightened reward/gratification response, like drug addiction or alcohol abuse.

I’m going by the accounts of his brother which is all we have so far. I know money doesn’t equal sanity and his brother might be wrong or lying but we have nothing else to go by. 

Are smokers judged by psychiatrists?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, pallidin said:

In my full resolution which is too big to upload, I can clearly see what appears to be full lines of writing.

Try it yourself and you'll see.

Pallidin

Anyone want to start a betting pool on how many years pass before the High & Mighty deign to let us mere mortals see what was written there?

Options should probably include "never" ...  <_<

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was wondering what a "bump stock" is.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I was wondering what a "bump stock" is.

 

 

 

 

One of the guys at work got one for his AR 15.  It's legal here in Iowa and a fun way to blow through a few hundred dollars in bullets real quick.  (or overheat and screw up your barrel)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
1 hour ago, F3SS said:

I’m going by the accounts of his brother which is all we have so far. I know money doesn’t equal sanity and his brother might be wrong or lying but we have nothing else to go by. 

Are smokers judged by psychiatrists?

A smoker who moved next door to the ciggarette company might well be judged by a psychiatrist.

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

One of the guys at work got one for his AR 15.  It's legal here in Iowa and a fun way to blow through a few hundred dollars in bullets real quick.  (or overheat and screw up your barrel)

(or overheat and screw up your barrel)....which might explain why he had so many weapons in the first place...nothing like going to all that trouble and having your weapon screw up.   

I personally think the guy had affiliations with ISIS.  Who do we believe..ISIS...or the FBI?  Hmmmm....I'm going with ISIS...at any rate...since they are claiming responsibility for it...let's give them credit...a few more MOABS might be a nice thank you!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

I was wondering what a "bump stock" is.

Interesting.  Your clip implies a certain level of skill to install and operate the Bump Stock.  That means going out and firing the weapon a few times.  Going by what his brother said, was he the type to have had the skill?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Some psychologists on the news said it could have been a brain disfigure,  but a autopsy on him should be examine:rolleyes:  I had blood clouts in my head,did not burst but sure screw up my mind. :(

Out of all the speculative posts in this thread your post makes the most logical sense and probability. It reminds me of this particular shooting and you're probably old enough to remember this one.

 

Austin, Texas: Aug. 1, 1966.

18 killed (including shooter) and 31 wounded in what became known as the University of Texas tower shooting.

Shooter: 25-year-old Charles Whitman.

Motive: Mental-health issues, although a brain tumor was found after his death.

 

I have a feeling you're on to something here.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Me and my wife came up with 4 basic scenarios:

1: some kind of metal breakdown or outrage.

2: Soros/Clinton trying to create a crisis to push for gun control.

3: ISIS/convert to Islam.

4: some kind of distraction for something else by either the government or the mob.

 

We ruled out #1 off the bat primarily because there was definitely some planing going into doing this and if you were mentally ill, you wouldn't be capable of carrying this out.  But because we agreed that planning and backing point to one of the other three, it's hard to avoid the conspiracy angle.  With #2, the crime scene seems staged and the talking points from the Left seem better coordinated than usual.  With #3, if ISIS can do this with a 64 year old White guy then none of us is safe.  With #4, someone wanted to move something of importance in or out of the area unnoticed.  Something that is worth the cost of lives.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wonder if the content of the note will be released.

Like AnchorSteam said above... probably not.

Guess many others also saw that it's some type of note... sorry.

 

Edited by pallidin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

One of the guys at work got one for his AR 15.  It's legal here in Iowa and a fun way to blow through a few hundred dollars in bullets real quick.  (or overheat and screw up your barrel)

Neither I, nor anyone else who has ever witnessed or had to clean up the aftermath of a gun blowing up in the hands of the user... will ever tolerate any of these half-assed "modifications" to a firearm.

IT IS NOT WORTH IT.

I'll just leave the range if I see anyone there with any of that crap.

 

The news filter is so total that even an old fav of mine is having a hard time -

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking to the WSJ, a law enforcement source said that they found at least one fully automatic rifle among the batch, which included AR-15-style rifles and AK-47-style rifles.  As we reported this morning, it also later emerged that two other semi-auto guns had been legally modified with bump-stocks that allow them to function like fully automatic rifles, pumping out 400-800 bullets a minute.

Among the weapons found in the room were four Daniel Defense DDM4 rifles, three FN-15s and other rifles made by Sig Sauer. A handgun was also found. 

ddm4_0.jpg

Four DDM4 rifles were among the 23 weapons found in Paddock's hotel room.

fn15_0.jpg

Three FN-15 rifles, as well as guns made by Sig Sauer, were found in his arsenal.

44F8B33400000578-4939872-image-a-10_1506976275713_0.jpg
A Colt AR-15 was also found in the room

Las-Vegas-Shooting-Pictures-Stephen-Paddock-Body-Motive-Note-Gun-Hotel-Room-Mandalay-Bay-1095294.jpg
Stephen Paddock's room was packed with 23 guns and lots of ammo

Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo said on Monday it wasn't clear whether the full-auto gun was modified, or if it was originally made that way. He also said that the ammunition ranged in size from .308, usually used in hunting rifles, to .223, associated with AR-15s and other assault rifles - the latter being military-grade, the New York Daily News reported.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Las Vegas Strip Shooting

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.