Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Las Vegas Strip Shooting

Timothy

3 minutes ago, acidhead said:

You know even though everybody is searching for a motive one thing is factually accurate he was a ****ing coward

For sure...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I think I may have missed something here ? If the security guard approached Stephen Paddock's door before the firing started, then... why ? I mean... why was he going there ? What made him suspicious ? 

Who knows right now for all we know paddock was flying high on cocaine and paranoid and shot Campo in a paranoia state immediately before letting loose on the crowd below. Who really knows at this point.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I think I may have missed something here ? If the security guard approached Stephen Paddock's door before the firing started, then... why ? I mean... why was he going there ? What made him suspicious ? 

He didn't specifically approach Paddocks door. He was sent up to the 32nd floor and just happened to walk by Paddocks door to check on an "open door" alarm at another suite down the hall from Paddocks suite.

Paddock saw him in uniform through the cameras, and started shooting through the door at him.

EDIT: I read that the guard, while checking on the "open door" alarm at a different suite on the same floor, heard "drilling" coming from Paddocks suite and went to Paddocks door out of curiosity. Paddock saw him through the cameras.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, pallidin said:

He didn't specifically approach Paddocks door. He was sent up to the 32nd floor and  just happened to walk by Paddocks door to check on an "open door" alarm at another suite down the hall from Paddocks suite.

Paddock saw him in uniform through the cameras, and started shooting through the door at him.

Ah right.. thanks for that Pallidin (and Acidhead)  :) 

Kinda lucky huh ? If that hadn't happened... if there hadn't been an 'open door' alarm, or if Paddock had NOT fired at him, then - without the guards subsequent information - it might have taken MUCH longer for the police to work out which room the firing was coming from, and hence it might have lasted much longer. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Kinda lucky huh ? If that hadn't happened... if there hadn't been an 'open door' alarm, or if Paddock had NOT fired at him, then - without the guards subsequent information - it might have taken MUCH longer for the police to work out which room the firing was coming from, and hence it might have lasted much longer. 

Yeah, I agree. It threw Paddock's own timing off big time... probably thought police were just around the corner of the hall.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

That's why I'd never link anyone to either Salon or the Gateway Pundit. So much of it is an editorial opinion piece.

That's the best approach. It sometimes even helps when you link to a site from "the other team".

It appears that Jesus Campos interrupted Paddocks continuing preparation (Paddock was drilling at that exact time, either to install more cameras or to drill holes to shoot into various angles of the hallway, according to police)

Paddock, seeing the security guard in uniform likely thought police was just around the corner, and decided to abandon further preparations and instead shot multiple bullets through the door at the security guard and then, nearly immediately, turned around, went to one of the (already broken?) windows and began the massacre ahead of his own "timing"

• Like 1

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/shootings/mandalay-bay-security-guard-skips-tv-interviews-after-las-vegas-shooting/

At 2 p.m., when Hickey emerged from the meeting, he said Campos and the other people were gone.

Hickey said he called and texted the other union member. The only response he received is that Campos was being taken to a Quick Care health clinic.

Since then, he indicated Friday afternoon, he has heard nothing about the trio’s whereabouts.

“It’s a strange story,” Hickey said. “But it is what it is.”

• Like 1

Stephen Paddock's Girlfriend Marilou Danley Under Travel Surveillance

http://www.ibtimes.com/stephen-paddocks-girlfriend-marilou-danley-under-travel-surveillance-2600239

Stephen Paddock's long-time girlfriend, Marilou Danley, was added to U.S. government's travel watch list on Wednesday as investigations continue to find the motive behind the Las Vegas shooting. 

Danley's travels will be under heavier scrutiny and subject to secondary searches by airport officials, as she was labeled as U.S. Transportation Security Administration "selectee." Traveling on an Australian passport, Danley's possible international travels will also be directly reported to authorities, according to two law enforcement officials cited in an ABC News report. 

Danley is not seen as a suspect at this point in the investigation since she was in the Philippines during the planning and execution of Paddock’s actions. However, she is still a prime witness to the life of Paddock.

"We are still speaking with Ms. Danley about the suspect’s movements, gun purchases and anything else we need to know about him and how he had planned his assault, and who he came into contact with during the planning phase," said Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Sheriff Joseph Lombardo at a press conference on Monday. "Every piece of information we get is one more piece of the puzzle." 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Alaric said:

What if he was actually successful at penetrating the jet fuel tanks in several places... and then waited for evaporation to do its work, and after fumes had built up for a bit, fired a few dozen of his tracers into the ground in the general vicinity... what then?

After looking into Tannerite, would you say 50 lbs of it has enough ooomph to set off a fertilizer bomb? Together with the 1600 rounds of ammo in a car, what you got is a rolling claymore which requires no remote electronic detonatorion signal.

If he had penetrated the fuel tanks, and then vapors did come up, I do imagine that even a tracer round could possibly set it off. That's a lot of ifs though. If a bullet penetrated. If the liquid evaporated enough to form a dense pocket. If there was no wind. If the tracer round over such a distance could hit near the vapor pocket. And if such a pocket, even if it did light on fire, would keep burning, or puff out. If it didn't go out, then would it explode the fuel tank.

I think at the distance we're talking about, the likelyhood of getting an explosion from the fuel tanks was really, really low. TV likes to show such tanks blowing up, but that's not what usually happens in the real world. Just like cars always explode in action movies, but when was the last time you saw a car explode in real life?

Tannerite does seem like it might make a good explosive agent, and 50 pounds would probably be more then enough. I haven't seen the car, but if it has a top on it, I imagine that the bullets would be slowed down quite a bit. I'm not sure if post-roof that bullets would have enough energy left to detonate the Tannerite. That sounds like an experiment someone would have to do.

As to the ammo. If the fertilizer did explode, and not just burn. Then they'd more then likely just be more shrapnel, rather then some kind of outward pointing wall of bullets. Throwing in rolls of barbed wire would have been a better choice then stacks of ammo.

• Like 1

Interesting, it appears that the security guard (who first discovered Paddock barricaded in the room) has dropped off the grid: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/13/las-vegas-security-guard-jesus-campos-disappears-moments-before-tv-interviews.html

Maybe Mr Campos just decided he doesn't like Fox News...or could he have had a gag order slapped on him by the Feds?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Interesting, it appears that the security guard (who first discovered Paddock barricaded in the room) has dropped off the grid: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/13/las-vegas-security-guard-jesus-campos-disappears-moments-before-tv-interviews.html

Maybe Mr Campos just decided he doesn't like Fox News...or could he have had a gag order slapped on him by the Feds?

... maybe the rumors of another shooter was true and Campos is that extra shooter. I know this might sound conspiracy like, but why did he bolted? Why did he ran when being interviewed? Something is not adding up about all this. He could easily shot himself and feign being shot by Paddock to allow him to escape. Who knows... but that seems rather suspicious if you ask me.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Uncle Sam said:

... maybe the rumors of another shooter was true and Campos is that extra shooter. I know this might sound conspiracy like, but why did he bolted? Why did he ran when being interviewed? Something is not adding up about all this. He could easily shot himself and feign being shot by Paddock to allow him to escape. Who knows... but that seems rather suspicious if you ask me.

if there were multiple shooters the death toll would be lot higher, as they would have used both the windows. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lilly said:

Or he was silently  paid off and told to vanish.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

He could be an illegal alien.  They tend to drop off the grid.

Could be. But he is also a Union employee (International Union, Security, Police and Fire Professionals of America), so I think (?) they verify immigration status.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Colt Storm said:

---- The bullet which struck him is still in his leg. Surgery is pending  -----

At 2 p.m., when Hickey emerged from the meeting, he said Campos and the other people were gone.

Hickey said he called and texted the other union member. The only response he received is that Campos was being taken to a Quick Care health clinic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Sam said:

See my post above.

24 minutes ago, Colt Storm said:

Multiple heavily armed men in suits walk into the room and say "it is in your best interest to cooperate, and we'll reward you nicely" you say "f off" and they say " Your family lives at 123 blahblah avenue and it is in their best interest if you cooperate" at which point you say "Ok pass the check"

Or at least thats how it went down for someone I know. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 4

Coroner: Stanford to study body of Vegas shooter

Posted: Oct 14, 2017 12:40 AM MDT. Updated: Oct 14, 2017 12:51 AM MDT

Written by Eric Hilt

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/36595907/coroner-stanford-to-study-body-of-vegas-shooter

LAS VEGAS (FOX5/AP) -

The coroner in Las Vegas says the body of the man who unleashed the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history was sent to Stanford University for study.

Clark County Coroner John Fudenberg said Friday that an autopsy was completed on 64-year-old Stephen Craig Paddock, but a finding on a cause and manner of his death is not expected for several months.

Former Clark County Coroner Michael Murphy said the extended study is the "logical next step."

"These physicians will be able to look at anomalies, or things that are not normally seen, and see if there's any organic reason why this individual, this shooter, did what he did," Murphy said. 

Fudenberg said he awaits the results of multiple forensic analysis at Stanford, including a neurological examination of Paddock's brain tissue.

• Like 1

Regarding the fuel tank...

http://uproxx.com/news/las-vegas-stephen-paddock-fuel-tank/

In what could have been errant fire from Paddock, a fuel tank at the airport’s storage area was hit twice with “one penetrating the outer shell.” However, according to airport officials, there was no danger of an explosion occurring in an area just beyond the festival while Paddock focused on his attack:

In addition, jet fuel is treated kerosene and is not classified as a flammable liquid, but as a combustible liquid. Contrary to speculation, there is almost zero likelihood gunfire damage could trigger a fire or explosion at a commercial fuel storage facility. Likewise, in the event of an actual, uncontained tank fire, these systems are engineered to vent flames upward into the air rather than explode.

The single 43,000-barrel tank was half-full at the time it was hit. Investigators plan to empty the tank in order to inspect it further.

(Via CNN)

• Like 3

If he was in fact taken to a quick care center that is easily verified and his  whereabouts would be known. Unless he is being hidden.

• Like 2

Just now, Colt Storm said:

If he was in fact taken to a quick care center that is easily verified and his  whereabouts would be known. Unless he is being hidden.

I don't think he stayed there for very long. But I don't know for sure.

• Like 1

Possibly. But if I had a bullet in my leg I'd want it removed asap. Just vanishing....something isn't adding up.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Las Vegas Strip Shooting