Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Tom Petty pulled off life support

.ZZ.

The “Free Fallin’” singer, 66, was reportedly found unconscious and not breathing in his Malibu home, and was subsequently taken to the UCLA Santa Monica Hospital, where he "had no brain activity."

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/entertainment/music/tom-petty-critical-condition-cardiac-arrest-article-1.3536756

:no:

Oh no, no, no, no, no...I'm very upset about this.

Damn, he was only a couple of years older than I am.

Suddenly I feel very old and very depressed.

• Like 6

Oh that's sad.  I didn't follow his music but I liked him as being part of the Travelling Wilburys.  66 is not really old...

I heard about a minute ago this was fake news that has been picked up in the media. We'll soon see how thorough they are at vetting their sources.

• Like 1

While I am  incredibly sad, I can't be surprised with his excesses in the past.  What I look at is his amazing talent and how much joy he brought to so many.  I think he lived his life to the fullest. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

I heard about a minute ago this was fake news that has been picked up in the media. We'll soon see how thorough they are at vetting their sources.

Right...well, just checked the other sources...they are all saying he's unconscious i.e. not yet dead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, glorybebe said:

I googled and it was on 5 different news agencies 

So the decision was made then i.e. to pull him off of life support?  The 5 sources said that?

(Not disputing, just asking).

Edited by sees
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sees said:

Right...well, just checked the other sources...they are all saying he's unconscious i.e. not yet dead.

So far just pulled off live suppory.  Some say passed aeay, others that there is no definite death announcement as yet

• The title was changed to [Merged] Tom Petty pulled off life support

I’m so bummed. I’m a huge Petty fan. Love the Wilburys too. Not the news I wanted to come home to. 

I have a cool Petty concert story i want to post later on when I have time.

• Like 3

Bummer...

• Like 1

This has saddened me.

12 minutes ago, sees said:

I liked him as being part of the Travelling Wilburys...

Just Bob Dylan and Jeff Lynn left now. :(

• Like 5

Just now, Waspie_Dwarf said:

This has saddened me.

Just Bob Dylan and Jeff Lynn left now. :(

To me it was always Dylan, Harrison, Petty, Orbison and the guy from ELO lol, sorry Jeff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .ZZ. said:

Checking out that link, it's now saying it cannot be confirmed. In fact, when my hubby texted me the news, I checked out some sites on the net. I get the headers of him passing away at the CBS sites, but was frustrated when I didn't find anything on CNN and on the NBC local site. Now, I know why. *shrugs* 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Checking out that link, it's now saying it cannot be confirmed. In fact, when my hubby texted me the news, I checked out some sites on the net. I get the headers of him passing away at the CBS sites, but was frustrated when I didn't find anything on CNN and on the NBC local site. Now, I know why. *shrugs* 

https://www.google.com/search?q=tom+petty+dead&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Also as of 18 minutes ago:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/tom-petty-dead-66-cardiac-arrest-report-article-1.3536756

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 1

I wish the news would get their facts straight. They are getting more unreliable by the day.

• Like 5

Wow! Another part of my youth gone. I remember seeing him in concert. He put on quite a show. Some reports are saying he was taken off life support and has passed away and others say he's still alive. This report was released 3 minutes ago and says his death is confirmed. Not sure this is true.

http://www.wtvy.com/content/news/LAPD-clarifies-it-cannot-confirm-Tom-Pettys-death-449124053.html

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2