Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Tom Petty pulled off life support

.ZZ.

3 hours ago, Michelle said:

I wish the news would get their facts straight. They are getting more unreliable by the day.

CBS really screwed this up. It's a disgrace.

Susie's link confirms he is indeed gone.

RiP ... Heartbreaker ...

~

[00.05:06]

~

• Like 3

• Like 2

This is why I check varying sources, when I hear news. Yesterday, when my hubby texted me the news, it was just CBS reporting it. Even at reading my hubby's text, I went on to check all sites, and was frustrated that I couldn't find the same news at other places, like CNN, Bing, and other local sites. 

This morning, I found it in all sites, even at Wikipedia and his own website. It seems to me, that it's official. Upon first seeing my hubby's text, on my way home, I had my radio on a particular local station that was playing him all through my trip home. 

:(:(:cry: 

• Like 3

This really sucks.    Not only is he a legend who has made so much great music, but he was still writing and recording great music.  

• Like 3

I said yesterday I wanted to tell a story about a Tom Petty concert. Maybe ten or so years ago there was a rumor going around that Stevie Nicks might make a cameo during his show and all that day the local big rock station here was fueling that rumor which then led to the possibility that this show was selling out fast. The station kept saying the box office might not be selling any tickets at the show. We had a pretty large crowd heading up to the concert and none of us had tickets so we were all in suspense though I felt it was unlikely given how thousands of people go to shows like that without tickets. Anyhow we arrive, set up the tailgate and I told everyone I’d go to the booth and see what happens. I collected money for 8 people and went. A line, more like a jumbled crowd, had assembled at the booths which have not yet opened. After about 20 minutes the booths did open for sales and the jumbled crowd spread without much order to form several lines for the several opened booths. Meanwhile some dipwad behind me calls me out for cutting in line and tried to get the crowd to chant and shame me which didn’t happen. I shrugged let him go. I didn’t cut, there was no order I just moved in as needed. Ok so my turn I get called to the window, said I needed 8 general admission tickets. Lady prints them out and told me FYI there’s a front row seat in here and to make sure I get it and holy crap wasn’t just front row. It was front row, center seat! I went back, divvied the tickets and kept that gem for myself and went in to watch the show alone just feet from Petty and his microphone and the scent of his cologne he must’ve bathed in before coming out on stage it was so strong.

So I started the day concerned with the possibility that we couldn’t even get in and through minimal effort ended up with the best seat in the house for the price of general admission. It was great.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I said yesterday I wanted to tell a story about a Tom Petty concert. Maybe ten or so years ago there was a rumor going around that Stevie Nicks might make a cameo during his show and all that day the local big rock station here was fueling that rumor which then led to the possibility that this show was selling out fast. The station kept saying the box office might not be selling any tickets at the show. We had a pretty large crowd heading up to the concert and none of us had tickets so we were all in suspense though I felt it was unlikely given how thousands of people go to shows like that without tickets. Anyhow we arrive, set up the tailgate and I told everyone I’d go to the booth and see what happens. I collected money for 8 people and went. A line, more like a jumbled crowd, had assembled at the booths which have not yet opened. After about 20 minutes the booths did open for sales and the jumbled crowd spread without much order to form several lines for the several opened booths. Meanwhile some dipwad behind me calls me out for cutting in line and tried to get the crowd to chant and shame me which didn’t happen. I shrugged let him go. I didn’t cut, there was no order I just moved in as needed. Ok so my turn I get called to the window, said I needed 8 general admission tickets. Lady prints them out and told me FYI there’s a front row seat in here and to make sure I get it and holy crap wasn’t just front row. It was front row, center seat! I went back, divvied the tickets and kept that gem for myself and went in to watch the show alone just feet from Petty and his microphone and the scent of his cologne he must’ve bathed in before coming out on stage it was so strong.

So I started the day concerned with the possibility that we couldn’t even get in and through minimal effort ended up with the best seat in the house for the price of general admission. It was great.

Good story and a great memory.   What year was that?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Myles said:

Good story and a great memory.   What year was that?

I had to be between 2004 and 2007.  I’m thinking 05 or 06. Also just remembered some friend of a friend rear ended me on the way up to that show and I made $800 because I took the insurance check and never fixed my bumper!

• Like 3

What a sad Monday it was!

• Like 4

• Like 2

• Like 2

• Like 2

We'll all see ya there someday. 

Thanks for all the great music.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 3

On 10/2/2017 at 4:20 PM, F3SS said:

To me it was always Dylan, Harrison, Petty, Orbison and the guy from ELO lol, sorry Jeff.

Sorry to hear that.   Jeff Lynne is so talented.   Maybe even more as a producer.   

This would have been a great show.   In a small club.

• Like 1

R.I.P. Tom

You made your mark...

• Like 1

Thanks Tom Petty....   We saw him live once.... Absolutely Great!  ...the sound system was awsomely perfect as well.

• Like 2