Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Sir Smoke aLot

Palestinian peace offensive

166 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, acidhead said:

I think you're confused.  Don't know what it is you're arguing.  But do so because it feels like the morally correct course of action.  I used to be this way.  I thought Israel and the Zionist Jews were worth fighting against.  I've experienced a complete 360. It's amazing witnessing you hammer down on anything Donald Trump related as sexual deviance in the US politics section yet continuely  support and argue Palestinian Sharia law rights.  It's so hypocritical.  

A 360 would leave you facing the same direction you began.

I don't blame you. I've heard Infowars radio broadcasts. If I was listening to that every day, I'd probably also end up brainwashed.

What happened with me was I started studying a degree and reading authors like Hitchens and Chomsky. I learned how to properly discern lies from truth in the information I came across. And, more importantly, I learned how to apply logic and reason to a whole host of situations, which basically cured me of my conspiracy theory nature. I also stopped visiting conspiracy websites.

Where have I ever argued for Sharia Law? Ever?

Edited by ExpandMyMind
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

A 360 would leave you facing the same direction you began.

I don't blame you. I've heard Infowars radio broadcasts. If I was listening to that every day, I'd probably also end up brainwashed.

What happened with me was I started studying a degree and reading authors like Hitchens and Chomsky. I learned how to properly discern lies from truth in the information I came across. And, more importantly, I learned how to apply logic and reason to a whole host of situations, which basically cured me of my conspiracy theory nature. I also stopped visiting conspiracy websites.

Where have I ever argued for Sharia Law? Ever?

Yeah a 180.. lol

I don't tune into Alex Jones anymore haven't for years... Watched the odd YouTube clip so you can stop with that.

What I don't get is how you and others morally argue the Palestinian side and yet argue morals regarding women in the western society.  Makes no sense.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, acidhead said:

 

What I don't get is how you and others morally argue the Palestinian side and yet argue morals regarding women in the western society.  Makes no sense.

They are two completely separate and unrelated issues. Supporting Palestinian freedom and supporting women who have been attacked by in my own culture are not mutually exclusive issues.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

They are two completely separate and unrelated issues. Supporting Palestinian freedom and supporting women who have been attacked by in my own culture are not mutually exclusive issues.

How so?  Supporting Palestinian freedom is the continuation of Sharia law.  The suppression of women and minority rights there.  Throwing gays off of buildings.  Explain how Palestinian freedom and supporting women are different issues.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, and then said:

What else would you call supporting a movement that stabs children in their beds; that equates a war of self-defense with murder?  Oh, wait, I forgot, there is no God, it's all about KNOWLEDGE and self-awareness... that's been a great success for the species so far.  I'm sure we'll get it all figured out and live in peace and safety any millennia now :huh:  

We probably won't know peace until both sides stop doing the bidding of that Abrahamic god, that Demiurge.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, acidhead said:

Those same pollsters were claiming a Hillary victory November 8th 2016.

Polls weren't too far off from the eventual result, Hilary did win the popular vote by a considerable margin. Where the unpredictable happened is in the popular states, that is Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania which Trump narrowly managed to capture.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, and then said:

Rather than show such incredulity, Odas, why not relax and, just for a moment, try to accept that there is a very significant percentage of Americans who think all the anxiety and even hatred over president Trump is ridiculously overblown? 

The fact that there is 30% of Americans who think the anxiety and hatred over trump is ridiculously overblown is anything but relaxing. Racism, sexual misconduct, non stop lying and the flat out disrespect for the rule of law (as he unironically rambles on about law and order in his rallies) are real concerns for our democracy. 

9 hours ago, and then said:

People in this country who work for a living or who WANT to work for a living are far more interested in the 40,000 new manufacturing jobs that have been created in the last 10 months than they are about the latest Trump scandal du jour. 

Man that's a really Clintonista answer. "Who cares about immorality, legality or personal responsibility, our leader is doing xyz so its worth it"

 

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, acidhead said:

How so?  Supporting Palestinian freedom is the continuation of Sharia law.  The suppression of women and minority rights there.  Throwing gays off of buildings.  Explain how Palestinian freedom and supporting women are different issues.

No it is not. Palestinians are a people, sharia is a religious law for muslims only. After so many pages on various threads you should know already that palestinians are not only muslims. Are americans only white christians?

Supporting womens rights is a different issue altogether. I support equality in islam between men and women. We can not reach it until we stop demonizing Islam and muslims altogether.

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, odas said:

No it is not. Palestinians are a people, sharia is a religious law for muslims only. After so many pages on various threads you should know already that palestinians are not only muslims. Are americans only white christians?

Supporting womens rights is a different issue altogether. I support equality in islam between men and women. We can not reach it until we stop demonizing Islam and muslims altogether.

 

He's also not acknowledged the fact that Sharia Law doesn't actually exists in Gaza, it's a lesser form of Islamic law), and it's even more watered down in the West Bank. Palestinians, much like the Syrians, are far more secular than some people seem to think. And you can bet that if they are ever free of Israel that Hamas will not end up the ruling party in the long-run.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Man that's a really Clintonista answer. "Who cares about immorality, legality or personal responsibility, our leader is doing xyz so its worth it"

Keep shoveling it Farmer.  Maybe something will grow, eventually.  I'm guessing NOT, though  :w00t:  I guess we'll see in November, next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, odas said:

We can not reach it until we stop demonizing Islam and muslims altogether.

Finding any fault or expressing any criticism of Islam is immediately seen as "demonizing" Islam.  No discussion is allowed.  Free speech be damned.  Except that growing numbers in Europe and the U.S. are waking up to the lies and the battle lines are being drawn.  FUNDAMENTALIST ISLAM is a very real and present danger to freedom the world over.  Muslims who reject strict Sharia need to stand up or they're going to find themselves caught in a cross-fire. NO group of citizens has an inherent right to force their politics and religion on others in a free nation.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, and then said:

Finding any fault or expressing any criticism of Islam is immediately seen as "demonizing" Islam.  No discussion is allowed.  Free speech be damned.  Except that growing numbers in Europe and the U.S. are waking up to the lies and the battle lines are being drawn.  FUNDAMENTALIST ISLAM is a very real and present danger to freedom the world over.  Muslims who reject strict Sharia need to stand up or they're going to find themselves caught in a cross-fire. NO group of citizens has an inherent right to force their politics and religion on others in a free nation.

Yeap. And lets not forget that committed minority can achieve "great" things, for example, bolsheviks...

And just to get objective numbers on how many "moderate" muslims there are, make comedy bit similar to that of Red Dwarf's episode Better Than Life:

Quote

Archeologists near mount Sinai Jabal-al-noor have discovered what is believed to be a missing page from the Bible Quran.  The page is currently being carbon dated in Bonn.  If genuine it belongs at the beginning of the Bible Quran and is believed to read "To my darling Candy Aisha.  All characters portrayed within this book are fictitous and any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental."

I guarantee, polls will show majority for severe punishment.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, and then said:

Finding any fault or expressing any criticism of Islam is immediately seen as "demonizing" Islam.  No discussion is allowed.  Free speech be damned.  Except that growing numbers in Europe and the U.S. are waking up to the lies and the battle lines are being drawn.  FUNDAMENTALIST ISLAM is a very real and present danger to freedom the world over.  Muslims who reject strict Sharia need to stand up or they're going to find themselves caught in a cross-fire. NO group of citizens has an inherent right to force their politics and religion on others in a free nation.

One large part of that problem is the POTUS. It is he who has shown a clear hatred of Islam, any conversation from he , his party or his followers is now cast in the shadow of the man who tweeted anti muslim propaganda videos after telling the nation he wanted to ban muslims from entering the country. 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

One large part of that problem is the POTUS.

Is there any aspect of ANY problem which he isn't to blame for?  Be honest.  That's your go-to response.  I'm sure you're being genuine in your remarks but it displays a mindset that's not at all fair.  As to his take on limiting the influx of refugees/immigrants from countries that couldn't properly vet them, only a fool or a hater would stand in the way of such common sense.  This morning we seem to have yet another demonstration of the truth of this.  BTW, I don't CARE if you or others here think I'm "Islamophobic" any more than I'd care if you labeled me with some other "ism" or "phobia"  A phobia is an unreasonable expression of fear towards a totally harmless agent or situation.  Not all Muslims are terrorist murderers but damned near all terror is perpetrated BY Muslims.  Deal with the facts.  Those who slaughter coworkers, random people on the streets and attempt to blow up crowded venues where people are simply going about their lives more often than not are proud of their actions and declare that "allah is greater"  If he's greater, what/who is he greater THAN?  Do some reading, farmer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, and then said:

Is there any aspect of ANY problem which he isn't to blame for?  Be honest.  That's your go-to response. 

The man has fomented hate since he began his campaign. The latest anti muslim tweets are just the latest example - the man tweeted out literal propaganda (two of the three were actually lies) from a literal hate group. I know you're tired of hearing about all the problems the man is causing or inflaming but that's what he's doing, gleefully like a racist middle school bully. Anyone who supports that mindset will be cast in the same light. That's just reality 

19 minutes ago, and then said:

As to his take on limiting the influx of refugees/immigrants from countries that couldn't properly vet them, only a fool or a hater would stand in the way of such common sense. 

I agree wholeheartedly. Lets not pretend that's the start and end of what the man wanted to do though, lets also not pretend that he didn't horribly misrepresent the vetting system that was in place. He lied about it and people are still repeating that lie today. 

23 minutes ago, and then said:

BTW, I don't CARE if you or others here think I'm "Islamophobic" any more than I'd care if you labeled me with some other "ism" or "phobia"  A phobia is an unreasonable expression of fear towards a totally harmless agent or situation.  Not all Muslims are terrorist murderers but damned near all terror is perpetrated BY Muslims.  Deal with the facts.  Those who slaughter coworkers, random people on the streets and attempt to blow up crowded venues where people are simply going about their lives more often than not are proud of their actions and declare that "allah is greater"  If he's greater, what/who is he greater THAN?  Do some reading, farmer.

Bro we just had a concert and a church shot up by non muslims. I'm in no way saying that Islamic terror isn't a problem, I just don't think it would be viewed with quite the panic if the perpetrators were white and didn't pray to a different god. 

More to the point though it is religious folks like you who should be the most concerned that any actions taken to protect America from Islamic terrorism is checked, checked again, triple checked, then checked again to ensure its not nor could ever lead to a ban on a religion. Ironically today it seems that the ACLU cares more about religious freedom than the Christian church itself.  

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2017 at 5:23 AM, acidhead said:

How so?  Supporting Palestinian freedom is the continuation of Sharia law.  The suppression of women and minority rights there. 

While Sharia law is mostly related to Saudi Arabia and their closest allies ( at least that is my perception of it ) there is important thing to mention about woman status in Muslim countries. I see it's being mentioned.

As said by Iran's Ayatollah Khamenei in his speech which covers woman status in western world. I love his reference to times of industrial revolution, one of many things which are kinda hidden from wider audience, medias do not mention this. Can be seen in this video :

Even tho i am not sure how could any form of state laws deny people of their right to exist as sovereign state. Should we all speak out about human trafficking and sex slavery, about cartels abusing woman in hundreds and sending them across the continents in large networks... There are so many forms of violence against woman in western society that it's so disturbing to mention at all. But let's blame Sharia, i mean, they 'force' wear Hijabs...

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, and then said:

Finding any fault or expressing any criticism of Islam is immediately seen as "demonizing" Islam.  No discussion is allowed.  Free speech be damned.  Except that growing numbers in Europe and the U.S. are waking up to the lies and the battle lines are being drawn.  FUNDAMENTALIST ISLAM is a very real and present danger to freedom the world over.  Muslims who reject strict Sharia need to stand up or they're going to find themselves caught in a cross-fire. NO group of citizens has an inherent right to force their politics and religion on others in a free nation.

That is again far away of the truth. Critisism of Islam is what it is-critisism. I do it all the time. How else can we make a religion or sociaty better. Preaching that Islam is a death cult and that muslims are terrorists is not critisism, it is demonizing a whole religion and it's followers. There was a time when christians were presecuted. Because they followed a religion that only applied to them. They did not mingle with others. Their women were modest in every way unlike the women arround and in other religions. Their religion was demonized. By jews as well by pagans. And then Nero burned down Rome and blamed it on christians just like your modern day Nero and Calligula in one is burning down Jerusalem and blames it on Palestinians.

On one other thought, being a hardcore muslim is maybe better because if you are a less religious one you gonna end up killed, thrown out of your house, land..just like the Palestinian muslims and Bosnian muslims.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, odas said:

Preaching that Islam is a death cult and that muslims are terrorists is not critisism, it is demonizing a whole religion and it's followers.

Horse ****.  Keep playing your tune, maybe you'll get some accompanists who are full of hate or are dimwitted enough.  I can't answer for the rest of my country's citizens and I certainly don't understand the apparent cowardice of European men and women but I can tell you this without fail... ANY Muslim that moves near my community and begins the CAIR song and dance will be received in exactly the way they deserve to be.  If you think that's barbaric, criminal or non-Christian, I really couldn't care less.  I'm not German, French, or Scandinavian, I'm an AMERICAN and you only push us just so far before you find yourself faced with a different reality than you'd face with others.  BET ON IT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, and then said:

Horse ****.  Keep playing your tune, maybe you'll get some accompanists who are full of hate or are dimwitted enough.  I can't answer for the rest of my country's citizens and I certainly don't understand the apparent cowardice of European men and women but I can tell you this without fail... ANY Muslim that moves near my community and begins the CAIR song and dance will be received in exactly the way they deserve to be.  If you think that's barbaric, criminal or non-Christian, I really couldn't care less.  I'm not German, French, or Scandinavian, I'm an AMERICAN and you only push us just so far before you find yourself faced with a different reality than you'd face with others.  BET ON IT.

Oh it shows you are not German or French or "Scandinavian" in that case you would have a fully functioning brain.

How many muslims do you have living nearby? 

Yes, you are American. And Palestinians are Palestinians and you can only push them so far before ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, odas said:

Yes, you are American. And Palestinians are Palestinians and you can only push them so far before ...

This back and forth serves no purpose and you certainly aren't worth getting a warning or ban for.  Be happy in your hate.  Your idols, the Palestinians, certainly seem to be ebullient in theirs  :w00t:   Buh-Bye now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Germans are the worst, I have heard. :td: Those people! And Scandinavians are almost Germans anyway...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, and then said:

This back and forth serves no purpose and you certainly aren't worth getting a warning or ban for.  Be happy in your hate.  Your idols, the Palestinians, certainly seem to be ebullient in theirs  :w00t:   Buh-Bye now...

Come on D. I have no hate. And no Idols. Except Elvis. He is. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

Germans are the worst, I have heard. :td: Those people! And Scandinavians are almost Germans anyway...

Yeah, right? I'm gonna go eat some sauerkraut and listen to Heino. Hey, we all have our weakneses so keep your judgment of my music and food prefferences to you self. :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, odas said:

Yeah, right? I'm gonna go eat some sauerkraut and listen to Heino. Hey, we all have our weakneses so keep your judgment of my music and food prefferences to you self. :)

Schwarz-braun is the hazelnut... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.