Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'We're doing a movie'

glorybebe

Bodycam video released by Crawfordsville, Ind. police shows an officer shooting at an actor holding a prop gun after leaving a bar with a ski mask last week.

“Drop the gun,” police officers yell at the actor, Jim Duff, as they point their guns at him.

As Duff starts to take off his ski mask, police fire a single shot at him.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3784272/were-doing-a-movie-yells-actor-playing-robber-to-police-shooting-at-him/

You are surrounded by police holding guns on you, they tell you to drop the gun, but instead you take off your ski mask...why don't people follow the officer's instructions?  And why weren't the police notified of a movie shoot?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, glorybebe said:

You are surrounded by police holding guns on you, they tell you to drop the gun, but instead you take off your ski mask...why don't people follow the officer's instructions?   

I knew a bear expert once dude and his wife traveled the world training people in bear safety and survival in general and made a good living doing so. One day while hiking a mother grizz jumped up on the trail and his instinct kicked in and he ran, despite not just knowing better, but making a living teaching people to do the exact opposite. 

Point being, people panic under pressure, considering the track record of the police in this nation I think any interaction with police qualifies as a pressure packed situation. I think that a large percentage of police violence is a result of this effect. 

• Like 5

THe same reason 99% of those arrested says 'It wasn't me' ... the other 1% says 'it was him/her'

~

• The title was changed to 'We're doing a movie'

That's a pretty weird story. 

It really makes for a timely serendipitous series if events. 

First, the actor was so unlucky to be spotted entering the bar. 

Second, the person who spotted him was a law abiding citizen, who promptly warned the police. 

Third, the actor, after shooting whichever scene they were filming inside, just happened to exit the bar when police officers were there (presumably just arrived, since otherwise they'd probably had the chance to check what was happening inside the building). 

Luckily the police officer didn't have a good aim. 

For sure if I were the actor, I would sue the company. 

How can you not warn that you are filming a crime sequence?

Even if the scene was inside the building, definitely you should consider that the actor would have worn the mask outside. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, glorybebe said:

You are surrounded by police holding guns on you, they tell you to drop the gun, but instead you take off your ski mask...why don't people follow the officer's instructions?  And why weren't the police notified of a movie shoot?

I second what @Farmer77 wrote, and maybe who knows? The actor could have thought that they were actors as well and was removing the mask in order to understand better what was going on and why did they change the script without warning him! 

• Like 2

i've seen movie sets, they are almost daily occurrence in nyc, even when they do shooting inside, it involves a lot, many equipment trucks, generators, huge lights shining thru windows, cables on the floor, many crew members with radio running around.   and here there was nothing outside? something is fishy here, unless he was shooting personal video, or for some blog.  not a real movie set.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, aztek said:

i've seen movie sets, they are almost daily occurrence in nyc, even when they do shooting inside, it involves a lot, many equipment trucks, generators, huge lights shining thru windows, cables on the floor, many crew members with radio running around.   and here there was nothing outside? something is fishy here, unless he was shooting personal video, or for some blog.  not a real movie set.

Exactly.  If there were vehicles outside along with equipment, the police most likely would have approached the situation in a different way.   They had no clues about the situation until the actor called out to them.

• Like 2

This sounds like a small, indy film being shot on the fly, with little to no budget, support, planning or any permits of any kind.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, quiXilver said:

This sounds like a small, indy film being shot on the fly, with little to no budget, support, planning or any permits of any kind.

Sometimes those are the best movies. You seen the new one called ghost house? It was pretty good