Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Excorcist and Excorcism

Bryan Soto

My main question is do you have to be religious in order to become an excorcist? If so then why? Also another small question can someone not religious become an excorcist what I’m trying to say is would a church or anybody accept me to become an excorcist even though I’m not religious. I’m not atheist but I’m not catholic nor Christian I’m just someone who’s interested in that and no I’m not doing it for Christ or for god I’m just doing it bc it’s a profession I want to pursue. Think about it as a job I want actually it is.

• Like 2

I personally believe that it isn't necessary.  I think that the Catholic Church has had a monopoly on the subject for so long due to the massive amount of ancient knowledge that they have locked up in the Vatican.  Conspiracy theory?  Perhaps.  I think it's more a monopoly on the spiritual science of it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bryan Soto said:

My main question is do you have to be religious in order to become an excorcist? If so then why? Also another small question can someone not religious become an excorcist what I’m trying to say is would a church or anybody accept me to become an excorcist even though I’m not religious. I’m not atheist but I’m not catholic nor Christian I’m just someone who’s interested in that and no I’m not doing it for Christ or for god I’m just doing it bc it’s a profession I want to pursue. Think about it as a job I want actually it is.

Found it intresting and thus went to search for an answer on this one and came up with the following where they explain and answer youre question

https://thavmapub.com/2016/04/19/can-non-priests-perform-exorism/

http://canonlawmadeeasy.com/2012/10/11/who-can-conduct-an-exorcism/

Edited by Blaid Drwg
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Bryan Soto said:

People come here all the time with all kinds of issues, and they don't seem to have a problem listening to me...even though I'm a hopeful agnostic and an occultist.

That said, I wouldn't ask anyone for money. I just tell them what to do to get rid of whatever ails them. 

So I don't know why they would pay you. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bryan Soto said:

Why ya wanna do that? Ill guess as i anxiously await your reply.

Self confirmation? To explore the possibilities of what it means to be possessed?  To learn to control the demon thingys for personal power and wealth?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wes4747 said:

Self confirmation? To explore the possibilities of what it means to be possessed?  To learn to control the demon thingys for personal power and wealth?

It is great to tame the more unruly parts of the psyche. That said, it's just gonna make you a better person. It's not gonna help you win the lottery. 

I know, it loses all its luster when I actually tell it like it is.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

People come here all the time with all kinds of issues, and they don't seem to have a problem listening to me...even though I'm a hopeful agnostic and an occultist.

That said, I wouldn't ask anyone for money. I just tell them what to do to get rid of whatever ails them. 

13 hours ago, Wes4747 said:

A couple years back about 2-3 years ago my mother was apparently possessed by a demon I mean that’s what a priest told me he helped vanquish it from her and I was an atheist before all of that. I’m not an atheist nor catholic nor Christian I’m just someone who thought I wanna help people like the priest did to help my mother ever since I’ve been thinking about it I mean I’ve never thought about doing it for money I just wanna protect everybody I can. Btw my current age is 15 years old if any of you were wondering 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Yeah I wasn’t lookin for pay anyways I just wanted to help those I could and thought “hey maybe this could be it” I mean I was never interested in it until a couple of years ago at least 2-3 years ago bc apparently my mother was possessed by a demon at least that’s what the priest told me ever since he helped vanquish it I’ve been wondering about it ever since 

2 minutes ago, Bryan Soto said:

A couple years back about 2-3 years ago my mother was apparently possessed by a demon I mean that’s what a priest told me he helped vanquish it from her and I was an atheist before all of that. I’m not an atheist nor catholic nor Christian I’m just someone who thought I wanna help people like the priest did to help my mother ever since I’ve been thinking about it I mean I’ve never thought about doing it for money I just wanna protect everybody I can. Btw my current age is 15 years old if any of you were wondering 

Noble cause. Demons are preportedly cast out by many different faiths, so whichever you choose seems to be of small significance.

However, someone of a more domestic encironment might not take to being relieved of demons from a witch doctor. 

I would suggest you validate your own definition of demons before you figure out how you want to help others with them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bryan Soto said:

Yeah I wasn’t lookin for pay anyways I just wanted to help those I could and thought “hey maybe this could be it” I mean I was never interested in it until a couple of years ago at least 2-3 years ago bc apparently my mother was possessed by a demon at least that’s what the priest told me ever since he helped vanquish it I’ve been wondering about it ever since 

The best way is to tell people how to fix the problem, themselves. And it doesn't hurt to let them know what the problem is, although some people aren't ready to hear that. 

Generally, it's people going through trauma or grief who are essentially causing the phenomena. There are various methods that adjust the psyche so people don't do that to themselves anymore. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2017 at 5:07 PM, Bryan Soto said:

Ok so as far as a recognized Exorcist  through an establishment via the church or specific religion yes you have to be a believer and a follower of the church. But on the broader side of things and reality of the subject matter. No you do not have to specifically be religious to be an exorcist. But yes you have to have a belief system that covers the subject matter of what your trying to expel. Belief in something is power. For me I do follow Christianity as a religion, but I am more of a Wiccan than a Christian. How ever also I would never recommend preforming and exorcism without properly knowing how to preform one. There are many ways to preform them for different religions. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have been possessed for two years by a demon and have been through 10 Catholic exorcisms. The priest basically prays to Jesus/God to cast out the demon. It is not the priest that casts out the demon it is the power of God and it is only the faith of the priest in God. The person who the exorcism is being performed on must also believe in Jesus. It will not work if both people do not believe in Jesus.  I know this because I have a mind control demon that will not let me believe in God no matter what I do and the control it has over my mind has only gotten worse over time.  A year ago I could still fight the thoughts against God and believe.  Back then during exorcism I've had angels enter my body and fight with the demon. They feel like pure love energy. I've shaken and vibrated out of my body during one of these sessions and have been thrown across a room.  Now that my mind can no longer fight. I have constant monologues in my head against the existence of God, it doesn't matter who prays over me or how hard i try to pray with my mouth. No one comes anymore and I don't feel God energy anymore.  It is your belief and only your belief in a being of God, Jesus, Mary, Archangel Michael that brings in their power to help. When I could believe in Mother Mary and pray to her I would feel this sweet love all around me and inside of me and I would see visions of the cross in my mind.  Archangel Michael I would feel this strong pure love energy swirl around me almost like a tornado and it would temporarily lift the demon off of me. As soon as I stopped praying it would come right back on. When i prayed to Jesus I would feel pure love come out of my heart and just surround me. There were times i would hear his voice. Once I was praying to Jesus and I heard loud and clear, 'Angela go to church'. I looked at my clock and realized I was 10 minutes late to church.  Catholics believe that it is the intercession of Jesus/God through Mary, Archangel Michael etc. but it is ultimately God energy that you are channeling through your faith in these beings and God.  Many different religions believe in the creator/God/All encompassing one.  During exorcism they are usually calling on God.  There are a lot of shamanistic cultures and religions that belief in spirit guides and helpers that they call on during exorcisms.  I tried help from a few of these shamans but I felt nothing during their exorcisms.  Maybe I needed to believe in their spirits and didn't or maybe it just doesn't work because it's not God.

18 minutes ago, Angela325 said:

I have been possessed for two years by a demon and have been through 10 Catholic exorcisms. The priest basically prays to Jesus/God to cast out the demon. It is not the priest that casts out the demon it is the power of God and it is only the faith of the priest in God. The person who the exorcism is being performed on must also believe in Jesus. It will not work if both people do not believe in Jesus.  I know this because I have a mind control demon that will not let me believe in God no matter what I do and the control it has over my mind has only gotten worse over time.  A year ago I could still fight the thoughts against God and believe.  Back then during exorcism I've had angels enter my body and fight with the demon. They feel like pure love energy. I've shaken and vibrated out of my body during one of these sessions and have been thrown across a room.  Now that my mind can no longer fight. I have constant monologues in my head against the existence of God, it doesn't matter who prays over me or how hard i try to pray with my mouth. No one comes anymore and I don't feel God energy anymore.  It is your belief and only your belief in a being of God, Jesus, Mary, Archangel Michael that brings in their power to help. When I could believe in Mother Mary and pray to her I would feel this sweet love all around me and inside of me and I would see visions of the cross in my mind.  Archangel Michael I would feel this strong pure love energy swirl around me almost like a tornado and it would temporarily lift the demon off of me. As soon as I stopped praying it would come right back on. When i prayed to Jesus I would feel pure love come out of my heart and just surround me. There were times i would hear his voice. Once I was praying to Jesus and I heard loud and clear, 'Angela go to church'. I looked at my clock and realized I was 10 minutes late to church.  Catholics believe that it is the intercession of Jesus/God through Mary, Archangel Michael etc. but it is ultimately God energy that you are channeling through your faith in these beings and God.  Many different religions believe in the creator/God/All encompassing one.  During exorcism they are usually calling on God.  There are a lot of shamanistic cultures and religions that belief in spirit guides and helpers that they call on during exorcisms.  I tried help from a few of these shamans but I felt nothing during their exorcisms.  Maybe I needed to believe in their spirits and didn't or maybe it just doesn't work because it's not God.

It's all about belief, so if you didn't believe they could help you...there was no chance it was going to work.

Faith is what it's all about.  Faith is a belief in Jesus and God.  Any man can cast out demons if he has faith.  If you have faith that Jesus and God exist, you already have them in your life and have a personal relationship with them.  Therefore you can tell demons to leave by commanding them in the name of Jesus.  Keep in mind, demons are simply fallen angels.  They're not the horned otherworldly beasts people would have you believe.

Matthew 17:14-20 Jesus casts out a the devil from a child after the disciples failed:

14 And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,

15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.

16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.

17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.

18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?

20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

James 4:7

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

However, it doesn't work if you don't submit.  Submitting to God is repenting of your sins, allowing God to enter your life and obeying His commandments.  If you aren't doing these things, chances are you won't be able to cast out a demon. 

As for Catholic priests and casting out demons.  The Roman Catholic Church is working with Satan anyway.  Casting out demons would be easy for them, considering they're on the same side.  Most don't know that, so they struggle anyway.  If I were to guess, the reason it takes a priest so long to cast out a demon is because of their lack of real faith, having been indoctrinated into a religion of tradition and the power of men and not of God.

Edited by FrethKindheart

If I can't pray to God for help on my own behalf, or if God refuses to help me when I pray and ask for his help.....what good is having faith in God?

• Like 1

Exorcism was known in many cultures before Christianity so no you don't have to be christian.

I guess you would have to believe in either physical demons or archetypal mental constructs of demons, in order to learn how to banish them (and incidentally have great self belief that you had the power/ authority and skill ,to do so)   In ancient societies the role of healer was like a doctor or psychologist today.  What ever path you take, it will take years of study, learning, discipline, and practice, before you are " qualified" or safe to try  this on people

ALso in most western societies today it is increasingly illegal to practice any form of medicine without qualifications 

While i empathise with, and even admire your wish to help others,  as a 15 year old it might be more practical to look at a path where you could do more. eg something you are capable of doing/learning in a few years,   given your education and physical strength This might range from  a paramedic or ambulance officer  to a doctor or psychiatrist. or it might be something  like a care giver or aide in physical and mental health There are many people, especially the aged, who benefit from  having a genuinely caring and compassionate person to spend time with them, listen to them, and care about them.

For some reason i am assuming you are male, and there is a great shortage of males in this area, and a great need for them.    It is also one of the fastest growing area s of job opportunity in the western world and one you can enter a  a fairly basic level and gain experience and qualifications as you go, making it both emotionally and financially appealing.  

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

If I can't pray to God for help on my own behalf, or if God refuses to help me when I pray and ask for his help.....what good is having faith in God?

I am not sure that anyone other than yourself can answer that question for you.  

Statistically, faith and belief improves human heath, well being, recovery etc.

However  faith is an internal cognitive construct Ie you  have to construct it and maintain it as a product of your mind. 

I find this almost impossible to do but am lucky not to need to, as "gpd" is real to me and does not require belief or faith

Personally i have found that god answers my needs, but not my wants or desires, and he often meets needs i never realised i had, sometimes reducing my wants like money or comfort or material things  to increase my needs, like helping others. basically i  don't ask god for anything, i just place my life in his hands, and accentuate the positive things in life,while reducing or eliminating the negative   God helps me see that,  what  might seem like a loss or tragedy, is actually a blessing or an opportunity when viewed from  another perspective.  

• Like 1

On 10/5/2017 at 1:14 AM, Spirit Ninja said:

I personally believe that it isn't necessary.  I think that the Catholic Church has had a monopoly on the subject for so long due to the massive amount of ancient knowledge that they have locked up in the Vatican.  Conspiracy theory?  Perhaps.  I think it's more a monopoly on the spiritual science of it.

"Spiritual science"

• Like 1

You can apply science to spiritual things. There are also inner technologies that have been developed for ages in Tibet.

Just now, Emma_Acid said:

"Spiritual science"

Haha yes.  One of those vague terms giving people license for all sorts of malarkey.  

I do believe science eventually will uncover many things that are currently considered spiritual in nature and explain them through scientific law.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2017 at 7:41 PM, Spirit Ninja said:

Haha yes.  One of those vague terms giving people license for all sorts of malarkey.  

I do believe science eventually will uncover many things that are currently considered spiritual in nature and explain them through scientific law.

A-MEN Somebody said it...

• Like 1

On 05.10.2017 at 1:07 AM, Bryan Soto said:

Exile is done with the help of divine power invested in prayer or mantra addressed to the gods of some religion for protection and expulsion, so whose force-word to drive out if you do not belong to some kind of faith?

You also need to have the super ability to see subtle entities you are dealing with and go out of your body to see where the astral strand that connects the person and the activator of the attack goes and interrupts the bad connection. So, one holy water and incense will not help here. The ordinary priests here are just amateurs if they do not have really holiness. I advise you to read the entire book at the link below that you are aware of the exile and and know why the person is mastering.

https://archive.org/stream/pdfy-kDIEdiqtnMyLWk6L/Psychic Self-Defense_djvu.txt

Edited by Coil