Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

7 days jail for mom refusing son's vaccines

Still Waters

Rebecca Bredow, of the Detroit area, has has been sentenced to seven days in jail for refusing to bring her child's vaccinations up to date.

Bredow appeared at a hearing on Wednesday morning at the Oakland County Circuit Court where Judge Karen McDonald sentenced her for contempt of court after Bredow refused to comply with court orders for her to allow her son to receive all his missing vaccinations within one week.

The mother of two told the judge that she takes "full responsibility" for her actions and that vaccinations go against her beliefs.

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/mother-refused-bring-sons-vaccinations-date-sentenced-days/story?id=50276507

Related:

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/michigan-mom-face-jail-time-vaccinating-son/story?id=50169471

This is crazy. She is in full compliance with state law. The judge just became her own personal dictator. Literally creating and enforcing laws on the spot.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

Rebecca Bredow, of the Detroit area, has has been sentenced to seven days in jail for refusing to bring her child's vaccinations up to date.

Bredow appeared at a hearing on Wednesday morning at the Oakland County Circuit Court where Judge Karen McDonald sentenced her for contempt of court after Bredow refused to comply with court orders for her to allow her son to receive all his missing vaccinations within one week.

The mother of two told the judge that she takes "full responsibility" for her actions and that vaccinations go against her beliefs.

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/mother-refused-bring-sons-vaccinations-date-sentenced-days/story?id=50276507

Related:

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/michigan-mom-face-jail-time-vaccinating-son/story?id=50169471

Hummmm.... Detroit... One of the liberals best examples of "Success".

• Like 4

Gotta hand it to the mother for standing her ground even in the face of certain jail time.

Will she have to go through this all over again when she gets out after 7 days?????

Oh... I just realized that the father wanted the child to be vaccinated, and that the law requires both parents to agree to not vaccinate.

12 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

This is crazy. She is in full compliance with state law. The judge just became her own personal dictator. Literally creating and enforcing laws on the spot.

False.  The father wanted them, the mother did not.  If the judge ruled against the father, would you use the same narrative?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

False.  The father wanted them, the mother did not.  If the judge ruled against the father, would you use the same narrative?

The Father doesn't have custody. It doesn't matter what he wants. Trust me I know first hand

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

The Father doesn't have custody. It doesn't matter what he wants. Trust me I know first hand

The mom is going to jail for seven days makes it seem that is not the case.

The actual charge is contempt of court, isn't it?  Talk radio was saying that she was okay with vaccines but didn't want to do the MMR (Measles/Mumps/Rubella combination vaccine).  If she was serious she should have done the vaccinations separately. 

3 hours ago, Setton said:

Good. About time people got serious about dealing with this kind of wilful child abuse. 

Living in such close quarters on this planet, we can't afford to NOT vaccinate. I don't want my kid getting sick because you think vaccines are full of mercury.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I think by law in the state, they need both parents to agree on it. Otherwise, it's vaccines for the kid.

And they're actually sharing custody.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

I know people get to raise their kids how they see fit...to an extent. But I disagree that they should be able to put their children's lives and the lives of others at risk, and usually because they believed some crackpot celebrity. 

And if it really is "because of her beliefs," when do we ever let parents decide not to treat their children " because of their beliefs?" Never. You can't decide to pray over your child instead of providing them with medical care. The same should go for necessary vaccines that prevent dangerous illnesses. I think it's stupid that we allow parents to opt out.

Edited by ChaosRose

5 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Living in such close quarters on this planet, we can't afford to NOT vaccinate. I don't want my kid getting sick because you think vaccines are full of mercury.

If your kid is vaccinated, what's the problem? How are they at risk?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

I know people get to raise their kids how they see fit...to an extent. But I disagree that they should be able to put their children's lives and the lives of others at risk, and usually because they believed some crackpot celebrity. 

And if it really is "because of her beliefs," when do we ever let parents decide not to treat their children " because of their beliefs?" Never. You can't decide to pray over your child instead of providing them with medical care. The same should go for necessary vaccines that prevent dangerous illnesses. I think it's stupid that we allow parents to opt out.

These conversations lead to no where for the most part. You guys have been convinced people who make billions on these shots are saving the planet. Truth is most of these diseases were on there way out here in America before these vaccines were even implemented. 

These vaccines destroy many lives. 

So I agree. You shouldn't be forced to put your kids at risk. Filling their blood stream with poison is exactly such a risk. If they were really worried about everyone getting their vaccine they would take less money and skip all the preservatives and crap they put in them.

Lets not even get into the fact that the government is allowed to experiment with infants and put whatever crap they want in those vaccines, and don't have to tell you anything about it. You really Trust a Trump government with such a thing Rose, lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Not everyone can have vaccines. Those children are only safe if herd immunity is preserved. Idiots not vaccinating because they don't understand fairly basic chemistry is putting other people's lives at risk. 

Even if you're happy endangering your own child's life because you can't be bothered to educate yourself, at least do the decent thing and go and find yourself a cave in the wilderness to live in. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Setton said:

Not everyone can have vaccines. Those children are only safe if herd immunity is preserved. Idiots not vaccinating because they don't understand fairly basic chemistry is putting other people's lives at risk. 

Even if you're happy endangering your own child's life because you can't be bothered to educate yourself, at least do the decent thing and go and find yourself a cave in the wilderness to live in. 

I believe it is really only when the "idiots" all chose to live together, such as in posh hipster neighborhoods, that it really damages the herd immunity. A handful of kids in a grade school isn't going to matter. Myself, I don't risk it and get my kids immunized. I believe the whole "shots bad" thing is pure BS put forward by people little better then voodoo witchdoctors.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Not every kid can get vaccinated. Some are too young, and some have health problems that prevent it. And some older people can't be vaccinated either, and you put them at risk, as well. 

When a newborn comes into the world, they are too young to receive some vaccines yet. They can contract whooping cough and die because someone else didn't get their child vaccinated when they were supposed to. 

2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I believe it is really only when the "idiots" all chose to live together, such as in posh hipster neighborhoods, that it really damages the herd immunity. A handful of kids in a grade school isn't going to matter. Myself, I don't risk it and get my kids immunized. I believe the whole "shots bad" thing is pure BS put forward by people little better then voodoo witchdoctors.

It's a growing trend that is actually affecting herd immunity. 

Another issue I forgot to mention is that there is a small percentage of people who, although vaccinated, do not develop immunity. They wouldn't know it unless or until they developed an illness they were vaccinated for. 

If everyone around them is vaccinated, then herd immunity would protect them from acquiring such an illness. 

On 10/5/2017 at 6:11 AM, Still Waters said:

Related:

Good. Putting your child in danger for your stupid beliefs? As a mother, it is your job to protect your children and be there for them, not to use them as tool to push your believe on others.

• Like 1

On 06/10/2017 at 6:26 PM, preacherman76 said:

We have this conversation with you every single time the topic comes up.

the answer is:

some kids are too young for immunisations and could die from Mumps etc.

some kids have compromised immune systems (ie have cancer or whatever) and therefore could die from mumps etc.

some kids, like me, can’t maintain their immunity even with injections and therefore could die from mumps. 

But it of course there is the opposite, the fear of living with Autism. Millions of us do that already. There are theories that if it wasn’t for the people with Autism we’d not have discovered half of what we already know. Also, there’s medication for that too. 

• Like 3