Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kim Jong-un promotes sister to the politburo

Still Waters

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has promoted his sister Kim Yo-jong to the politburo – the nation’s top decision-making body.

The promotion, reported by North Korean state media, indicates that the 28-year-old has replaced Kim Jong-un’s aunt, Kim Kyong Hee, who was a key decision maker when former leader Kim Jong-il was alive.

“It shows that her portfolio and writ is far more substantive than previously believed and it is a further consolidation of the Kim family’s power,” said Michael Madden, a North Korea expert at Johns Hopkins University’s 38 North website.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/08/kim-jong-un-promotes-sister-kim-yo-jong-to-north-koreas-centre-of-power

• Like 3

I give her about a year - 2 at the most before he executes her in some grisly and really astounding manner...

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Taun said:

I give her about a year - 2 at the most before he executes her in some grisly and really astounding manner...

I have to agree.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Taun said:

Ditto....

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Taun said:

Probably, but she may be more cunning, even, than he.  It could be fat boy that becomes the most surprised dead man in North Korea. Hey, we can hope.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, and then said:

Probably, but she may be more cunning, even, than he.  It could be fat boy that becomes the most surprised dead man in North Korea. Hey, we can hope.

Well, shortyfattyfunnyhairdo is unpredictable, many things can happen.

• Like 4

Hmmm. Just how much actual power does this Politburo  have ? 

• Like 2

My money is on China to take this lunatic out... They know he is unstable and may even try to nuke them... Why is it we have these evil idiots today... History tells us that they need to be eliminated sooner than later...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JVG said:

My money is on China to take this lunatic out... They know he is unstable and may even try to nuke them... Why is it we have these evil idiots today... History tells us that they need to be eliminated sooner than later...

Don't forget Russkies. They aren't happy with NK as well.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmmm. Just how much actual power does this Politburo  have ? 

They have all the authority necessary to repeat what they are told...

• Like 2

KJ Fatboy will only be reigned in or removed when he becomes too much of a burden for China's uses.  Increasingly harsher sanctions against China - quietly - will turn the tide if it can be turned.  Ultimately, we are faced with being seen as impotent (VERY dangerous) or we have to risk global war.  That is where the previous 8 years have left us. :angry:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, and then said:

KJ Fatboy will only be reigned in or removed when he becomes too much of a burden for China's uses.  Increasingly harsher sanctions against China - quietly - will turn the tide if it can be turned.  Ultimately, we are faced with being seen as impotent (VERY dangerous) or we have to risk global war.  That is where the previous 8 years have left us. :angry:

Oh REALLY ? 

FatBoy has four borders: South Korea, Russia, China, and Reality. 

He hates one, and has hardly spoken with the other two for a while. What makes you confident that he will listen to China ? 

23 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh REALLY ? 

FatBoy has four borders: South Korea, Russia, China, and Reality. 

He hates one, and has hardly spoken with the other two for a while. What makes you confident that he will listen to China ? 

Since China is his largest trading partner/ lifeline, why would you believe he wouldn't listen to Xi?  

Funny but at the same time points out how Kim is humble :D when compared to countries in which every family member get's a piece of power. 

On 10/10/2017 at 5:47 AM, Gromdor said:

The Russians just visited and say that the NK's are probably going to test a long range missile tomorrow to celebrate their 72nd anniversary.  https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20171010_01/

Imagine if you were their president and Trump, president of strongest military force on the planet, said things about your country, things like '' only one thing will work '', '' little rocket man '', '' totally destroy North Korea '' etc while USA navy, nuclear bombers and military are near your borders, would you fall to your knees and beg Trump to make peace?

Everyone should ask themselves simple question, what would i do? One thing is for sure, even Gandhi would not fall on his knees, but not everyone shares Gandhi's virtues. In this case, Kim is being cornered and that is all but productive. Alto, after i think of it it is productive actually but for nuclear winter, not for peace.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

Funny but at the same time points out how Kim is humble :D when compared to countries in which every family member get's a piece of power. 

Imagine if you were their president and Trump, president of strongest military force on the planet, said things about your country, things like '' only one thing will work '', '' little rocket man '', '' totally destroy North Korea '' etc while USA navy, nuclear bombers and military are near your borders, would you fall to your knees and beg Trump to make peace?

Everyone should ask themselves simple question, what would i do? One thing is for sure, even Gandhi would not fall on his knees, but not everyone shares Gandhi's virtues. In this case, Kim is being cornered and that is all but productive. Alto, after i think of it it is productive actually but for nuclear winter, not for peace.

Well, he wouldn't need to "fall to his knees".... but he COULD stop making provocative statements, and firing missiles over Japan !

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, he wouldn't need to "fall to his knees".... but he COULD stop making provocative statements, and firing missiles over Japan !

Sure that was bad and stupid move and that missile launch over Japan was dangerous violation of international law and security&lives of people of Japan, one of bad decisions by North which surely made things escalate but keep in mind that those missiles launches happen for decades now and still there is no diplomatical move with which security can be achieved. There was not even one step forward made. Maybe it's too tough issue but i start to believe that it's because of lack of desire and/or ability by leading diplomats to solve issues with North that we have no solution jet.

One thing is certain tho, with nuclear bombers flying over North they have to do something to focus worlds attention on the region. Russia and China came up with decent proposal at begining of this crisis, USA to stop military simulations of invading North in exchange for missile launches by North and possible diplomatic talks after. What was reply from the USA?

Again, question arises from that, what would you do after such events?

[edit] to add, maybe this is totally wrong what i will say but imagine if peace happen in that region, who would buy so much 'rocket shields' and weapons? Someone surely profit greatly for decades hence freeze in diplomacy. Sounds resonable in this case lol even tho we have millions of lives at stake. I hope this is not the case man.

Edited by Sir Smoke aLot

43 minutes ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

One thing is certain tho, with nuclear bombers flying over North they have to do something to focus worlds attention on the region. Russia and China came up with decent proposal at begining of this crisis, USA to stop military simulations of invading North in exchange for missile launches by North and possible diplomatic talks after. What was reply from the USA?

Again, question arises from that, what would you do after such events?

Umm.... HAVE the US (or anyone else) flown "nuclear bombers" over North Korea ? And HAVE they run "military simulations of invading North." ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Umm.... HAVE the US (or anyone else) flown "nuclear bombers" over North Korea ? And HAVE they run "military simulations of invading North." ?

Just yesterday actually 

US flies bombers over Korean Peninsula in show of force as Donald Trump discusses strategy with defence chiefs

Oh and North Korea managed to swipe our battle plans from the South Koreans 

North Korean Hack of U.S. War Plans Shows Off Cyber Skills 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

...... to add, maybe this is totally wrong what i will say but imagine if peace happen in that region, who would buy so much 'rocket shields' and weapons? Someone surely profit greatly for decades hence freeze in diplomacy. Sounds resonable in this case lol even tho we have millions of lives at stake. I hope this is not the case man.

Hmmm... good point. On that basis, a cynic would suggest that the US would not want a war, nor would it want peace, because EITHER scenario would subsequently render weapons sales less lucrative.

3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

As mentioned by @Farmer77 and it was most recent example, there were prior provocations too, alto provocation might not be correct word to apply.

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeah, but they didn't fly over North Korean airspace, and merely conducted agreed maneuvers with South Korean and Japanese aircraft.

So.... zero "Nuclear Bombers" over North Korea thus far ?

As for the hacking... well... a single SK politician has made that claim thus far, with no corroboration ?

• Like 1

Hmmm... good point. On that basis, a cynic would suggest that the US would not want a war, nor would it want peace, because EITHER scenario would subsequently render weapons sales less lucrative.

Yeah, very complicated claim to hold weight, can't imagine 'responsible crew' sitting around the table, doing calculations while discussing how to make larger profits. But it's what makes good conspiracy after all, wild claims playing large part in any :) 

• Like 1

Perhaps that's why Kim Jong un promoted Kim Yo Jong (his Sister) to the  Politbureau ? In the event of a US attack, she will reveal her secret super-powers, and single-handedly destroy all incoming SK aircraft with her laser vision ?

• Like 2

Yeah, but they didn't fly over North Korean airspace, and merely conducted agreed maneuvers with South Korean and Japanese aircraft.

So.... zero "Nuclear Bombers" over North Korea thus far ?

As for the hacking... well... a single SK politician has made that claim thus far, with no corroboration ?

Why is "over" North Korea a bid deal here when a two minute detour would place them in striking range?