Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran threatens war over renewed sanctions

and-then

A nation whose military infrastructure could be mauled in less than a month, probably shouldn't casually threaten war over sanctions.  And before I get a lecture about the insanity of invading Iran, save your typing.  If the IRGC bases and their Navy were shattered, the mullahs would have to begin to fear those millions of young people who hate them.  No large U.S. ground forces required.  

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-usa-guards/iran-warns-u-s-against-imposing-further-sanctions-idUSKBN1CD081

sorry, wrong link.

Edited by and then
posted wrong link initially
  • Like 1

When a leadership says it feels free to use missiles against the forces of a nation that is not firing at them, just because of economic sanctions, that is a threat of war.  You are correct that your country has built up a huge military.  Now it is sending it abroad to Syria, Yemen, and Lebanon.  Your leaders regularly speak of death to America and death to Israel.  That simply can't be ignored as empty rhetoric much longer.  The more immediate conflict will probably be in Syria due to the IRGC and its volunteers from the war against ISIS, trying to set up bases close to Israel.  They are also building actual weapons factories in the area.  At some point, Israel will fly in and destroy them and whatever personnel that are stationed there.  Short of using nuclear weapons, even Russia cannot stop Israel from defending its interests in its own backyard.

I agree that war will be horrible.  In fact, I think it will be far more horrible than either of us can imagine.  You have access to the world through the internet.  Do you not see what other nations say about your country?  Do you disbelieve it all?  

8 hours ago, and then said:

A nation whose military infrastructure could be mauled in less than a month, probably shouldn't casually threaten war over sanctions.  And before I get a lecture about the insanity of invading Iran, save your typing.  If the IRGC bases and their Navy were shattered, the mullahs would have to begin to fear those millions of young people who hate them.  No large U.S. ground forces required.

I think you underestimate Iran's capabilities of stirring huge trouble in the region. They have proxies in Lebanon, Iraq, Syria, Yemen and even Afghanistan. They wouldn't be taken down without a fight. The U.S. can't afford such a costly war, unless you wish for groups likes ISIS to benefit and grow in the region. Trump is all talks and bluster but the Iranian nuclear deal benefits everyone. The U.S. military agrees. It gives the U.N. access to the ''mullahs'' nuclear sites and all this close monitoring will be slowing them down into whatever nuke program they intended to have.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 1

Iran denies access to most of its sites and even when they do allow access, it is on their schedule.  I don't underestimate Iran's potential to cause severe destruction today.  I'm more aware of how much worse it will be when they test or simply announce that they have nuclear weapons.  I am not suggesting that America launch an attack against Iran.  I am saying that the world needs to begin to listen to the words coming out of Tehran.  If the leaders there decide to launch missiles against our troops in the region, Iran will become nearly defenseless on its own soil.  Their infrastructure of war will be decimated.

Most recent events about Iran and USA are deeply based around claim from Iranian Revolutionary Guard commander about how they managed to infiltrate US Army and got documents which prove their cooperation with ISIS. In return, USA has threatened to label IRG as an terrorist organization.

Iran, in return, has threatened that if such thing occurs then Iran will designate US Army the same as ISIS and target them. Precise message was '' no American base in 2000km radius from Iran will be safe ''.

Sanctions by USA are directly contrary to the deals signed and every relevant mainstream organization, such as atomic one, said that Iran do comply with the deal. So did American officials who are involved and well informed in subject.

There are no threats which come out 'from the sky'. There is action and consequence.

Little chronology...

Iran comply with the deal, August 31st : https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/31/world/middleeast/un-nuclear-iran-trump.html there are other aspects which prove that Iran comply, this one of many links and studys.

Iranian claim of inflitrating US Army : https://www.sott.net/article/362153-Iranian-commander-claims-Revolutionary-Guards-infiltrated-US-military-obtaining-proof-of-ISIS-collusion September 16th, there are other sources too, this one pops up first. ( call it merely a mistake in wording but Obama publically said '' we train ISIS '' in his speech 

)

Coincidence? Mistake? Or subconscious flaw which made him tell truth?

Irans response to American threat of labeling Elite Guards Army as terrorists : https://www.timesofisrael.com/iran-warns-of-crushing-response-if-us-deems-revolutionary-guard-terrorists/, October 9th.

In short, this ain't some Iranian game but simply how events unfold and everything comes out as an reaction. Trumps talk in UN was debacle, insult to common sense and from such speech there can't be progress in diplomacy. Trump has no fear to cross any line, i mean, he even gave Golf game Trophy to Puerto Rico victims, foreign politics aside, the man disregards every bit of common sense, historical facts ( such as Bibi in his talk about Jerusalem Mufti which was blatant lie ) and here, with Iran, Trump and Bibi seem to share common goal but their warmongering wasn't fruitful and it won't become fruitful either.

Iran did not do anything which wasn't induced by USA.

• Like 2

Iran has been screaming "Death to America" for 30 years. Perhaps the pigeons are coming home to roost ?

Sir Smokealot... do you truly doubt that Iran is developing nuclear weapons ?

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, The_V_Spirit said:

We should be wise and look at the facts my friend, especially from a different view . Anyway i hope all the wars between humans would end because it's just awful and horrible. There's no good out of it ever. We must learn from history, but alas... 

To break apart any warmongering narative and ideology from Western 'democracy' preachers such as Trump and parts of his administration we have to follow our common sense ( most important ), events prior to their claims and most importantly objective historical facts. We are to believe, for example, that Kim ( or how Trump named him '' little rocket man '', launguage which is disgrace to his position ) simply desire to destroy USA and it's allies ( mainly Japan and South Korea ) for no reason other than his lunacy which makes him hungry for blood. Demonization is playing large part in USA foreign politics ( check Assad, Gadaffi, Sadam, Idi Amin... It's long list... ) and also in everyday life in American society when it comes to the fact that lawyers easily abuse US citizents, mostly wealthy immigrants ( check case of Dr. Baldeo )...

That has become unhealthy environment and what comes out of it is not surprising at all. About this topic, Iranian alleged war threat, things are very clear it is simply continuation of well known process which is taking place at large scale since WMD's in Iraq lie which was basis to attack sovereign country and to hang it's president, contrary to every international law and to every moral standard.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Iran has been screaming "Death to America" for 30 years. Perhaps the pigeons are coming home to roost ?

Sir Smokealot... do you truly doubt that Iran is developing nuclear weapons ?

I presented the facts, you decide what you believe as i have no interest in forcing my beliefs to anyone. '' Iran screaming death to America for 30 years '' is ridiculous claim. Are you aware of Iran's history, of CIA's meddling into their internal affairs since their induced alliance back in 50s ( USA used Iranian airfields to fly surveilance airplanes over Russia - check big scandal when one of those was taken out by Russia ) and foreign supported revolutions because they were about to nationalize their industry ( which is sovereign right and essential aspect of survival of any nation, especially at the time tho Brittish played big role there too ), among other things.

They do not yell '' death to America '' because they got thirsty for American blood overnight, you can't sustain such allegations.

As for developing of nuclear weapons... Do you understand why Iranian deal was made and how it was made technically, with what intent? Not to make it impossible to Iran to develop nuclear weapons but to postpone their ability to do so.

Deterence is important aspect of survivability and in that respect i support Iran in their developments of Nuclear weapons. Most important, Iran would not have Samson option but in the wake of threats from USA and Israel they have every right to develop deterence capability. It's not that USA sends them flowers.

Also, keep in mind that Iran is not Lybia, no one can mess with Iran easily and many US Army officials described such war as heavy loss in Infrastructure on Iranian side but also in American losses and they all agree that victory over Iran is highly unlikely from strategy viewpoint. Not my words.

Again, i have to refer to Gen. Wesley Clark speech about USA plans to take over the region with the goal of isolating Iran.

If such plans were revealed in Iran what you think we would speak about right now? USA & Israel would bash Iran to oblivion and reason every action against them with reference to such plan, if it existed in Iran.

Simple and empty accusations have no place in foreign diplomacy, especially when every relevant and mainstream study proves that Iran comply with the deal. I've listened to quite a few talks by Rouhani and i can tell you one thing for sure, that man is educated, intelligent and eloquent. Something that people of so called 'free world' have not seen in many decades.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

Iran did not do anything which wasn't induced by USA.

Yeah, they're just a fine group of upstanding citizens, are the Mullahs.  I wouldn't worry too much, they know where the line is drawn.  They launch a missile, just ONE, against U.S. forces in the region and there won't be any need of naming the IRGC a terrorist organization because they will effectively cease to exist.  After that, Russia can decide how far they want to risk a nuclear exchange over coming to the aid of their ally.

Trump is an enigma to these guys.  They bluster like Obama is still in control but I think they are beginning to worry that old DJ might just have a screw loose AND a twitchy trigger finger. ;)  Hell, even I wonder sometimes...

• Like 1

Again, the King Midas of problems acted. Everything he is touching, escalate.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, and then said:

When a leadership says it feels free to use missiles against the forces of a nation that is not firing at them, just because of economic sanctions, that is a threat of war.  You are correct that your country has built up a huge military.  Now it is sending it abroad to Syria, Yemen, and Lebanon.  Your leaders regularly speak of death to America and death to Israel.  That simply can't be ignored as empty rhetoric much longer.  The more immediate conflict will probably be in Syria due to the IRGC and its volunteers from the war against ISIS, trying to set up bases close to Israel.  They are also building actual weapons factories in the area.  At some point, Israel will fly in and destroy them and whatever personnel that are stationed there.  Short of using nuclear weapons, even Russia cannot stop Israel from defending its interests in its own backyard.

I agree that war will be horrible.  In fact, I think it will be far more horrible than either of us can imagine.  You have access to the world through the internet.  Do you not see what other nations say about your country?  Do you disbelieve it all?  

Well to be honest i don't really think you should be worried that much about the death to america chants . They have been saying it since the beginning of the islamic revolution. consider it as a regular taunt. The system here doesn't like the US to interfer in our affairs because of how the US treated us even b4 the revolution. I think @Sir Smoke aLot put it well together in some detail about what i'm trying to say. you know i want to say something but i don't know if it's a good idea to say it on the internet since..well..u know    ;)

Anyway it's just a traditional defense mechanism. It's like a dude standing behind the window with a weapon trying to defend his family from suspicious strangers by yelling at them to bug off or taunting them. lol . I know it sounds ridiculous but that's what they believe.

In regards to the people here (especially the youth), we ain't got no problem with y'all :). We actually get along with the american people. Just look at Cali for example. before the revolution our pilots were trained by the US respectfully. We the youth are most into the universal trends and mainstream stuff, and we enjoy it as much as you do. I study English translation and literature in the university here which uses american accents. So don't get me wrong regarding the internet thing you've said earlier. I don't rely only on the news spread over here. I try to see it by different angles from reading news online and watching CNN and BBC and other news media through the web and satellite receivers. Although just like i said, we can't really trust the media that much. We should see and analyze things from different perspectives; not just through one dimension. This goes for everyone around the world

you're right about the initial conflict ( if it'll ever happen!) between US and Iran in Syria before coming down to their homelands (which i hope not for the sake of innocent people on both sides). 

• Like 1

Well, while I generally respect Mr SmokeAlot, I get the impression that he feels that my country is responsible for most of what is wrong in the world today.  That's his right.  I'm old enough to remember the 444 days of humiliation that the Ayatollah and his merry band of "students" put America through and I realize that the taunting has been empty rhetoric for all those years.  But today we are faced with a government that, regardless their protests, are on track to build deliverable nukes.  They are also known Twelvers and as such are to be considered unstable according to Western minds.  

As I said, I believe the conflict will arise against Israel first.  What happens in the region after the IDF/IAF destroy the proxy forces and the IRGC stationed there is anyone's guess.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, and then said:

Yeah, they're just a fine group of upstanding citizens, are the Mullahs.  I wouldn't worry too much, they know where the line is drawn.  They launch a missile, just ONE, against U.S. forces in the region and there won't be any need of naming the IRGC a terrorist organization because they will effectively cease to exist.  After that, Russia can decide how far they want to risk a nuclear exchange over coming to the aid of their ally.

Trump is an enigma to these guys.  They bluster like Obama is still in control but I think they are beginning to worry that old DJ might just have a screw loose AND a twitchy trigger finger. ;)  Hell, even I wonder sometimes...

I was talking about the facts and history, well known history of the region which is accepted by mainstream Brittish, American and other authorities in the field. That is why i say that Iran did not do anything which wasn't induced by America.

Iran, in this case ( as i have pointed out chronologically ) has full right to answer to violence with violence ( this time it is political violence ). If America designates Iranian Guard as terrorist then America will target them, hence Iranian reply to designate US Army as isis, simple countermeasure. If you believe that American labeling of IRGC as terrorists won't translate into partial military operation you fool your self my friend. For such action by USA government there will be move made by US Army because army is there to follow political leadership.

If you believe that Iran can go down like Afghanistan, Lybia or Iraq i hope that this time USA president will follow intelligence agencies and high ranking military officers and their advices or there will be multi trillion expense in money and only God knows how many lives will be lost on both sides. Ground invasion is inveitable, because you can't destroy Iran only by air supremacy. Is Trump ready to send more American kids to die? I bet you he is.

And Trump is not enigma. Check what Hezbollah leader say about Trump.

It's easy to believe that Nasrallah and other Arab leaders or Iranian leaders are uneducated goat clowns but when you listen to them you see how medias lie to you for decades. I did. When i first watched Nasrallah speech i was like, in my subconscious, resenting it while thinking '' oh man i started watching terrorists wtf is wrong with me '' but after listening.... I realized that they are so much more intelligent and eloquent than majority of leaders whom i get bombarded by every day in medias. Keep in mind that the same filters over media are in my country as elsewhere in west.

So, Trump is not enigma to anyone. Maduro says... '' if one mention Bolivar to Trump he would believe it is some rock singer ''. Everyone knows American politics these days. Maduro on Obama : '' Obama smiles and hit you with sanctions ''. Presidents of USA are well known and Trumps father financially supported Israeli illegal settlements, Nasrallah knows that and its been decades since those events. I can bet you that he knows America better than most Americans do, mostly because many Americans maybe are not so interested in state affairs ( but that is assumption which i made ).

You focused only on one part of my post in which i elaborated why things are like that, hell, it was long post afterall :)

16 hours ago, and then said:

Well, while I generally respect Mr SmokeAlot, I get the impression that he feels that my country is responsible for most of what is wrong in the world today.  That's his right.  I'm old enough to remember the 444 days of humiliation that the Ayatollah and his merry band of "students" put America through and I realize that the taunting has been empty rhetoric for all those years.  But today we are faced with a government that, regardless their protests, are on track to build deliverable nukes.  They are also known Twelvers and as such are to be considered unstable according to Western minds.  

As I said, I believe the conflict will arise against Israel first.  What happens in the region after the IDF/IAF destroy the proxy forces and the IRGC stationed there is anyone's guess.  

You know that i support Palestinians because my moral compass tells me to and America plays big role in oppression of Palestinians. But you also know that i am grateful to America for things in 1990s and surely for some political influence in my country even today. 

If my beliefs, either well researched or simply uneducated guesses, point me to some wrongdoing which America is guilty off then it doesn't matter if i love America or not, if they are wrong they are wrong. And when they are right, i praise that. If Iran is wrong in something, they are wrong i wont ever let my self to apologise for anyones wrongdoing but also i won't be silent when i face claims which simply are not true, even if it would destroy me or my beliefs. You see, the way America deals with foreign countries since 'legalization' of war on terror, well, that made you believe that it is perfectly fine and resonable to meddle into other countries affairs. 

Israel has been threatening Iran for decades. Israel has nukes. Iran feels threatened. Enough for me my friend. They need deterence.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The_V_Spirit said:

you know i want to say something but i don't know if it's a good idea to say it on the internet since..well..u know

Generally, freedom of speech is relative concept. Some things we should not ever say even tho it's our right :)

Edited by Sir Smoke aLot
  • Like 2

I guess my feelings towards Iran are governed by their Leader issuing a Death Fatwa against a British Subject for the heinous crime of writing a book.

Personally, I would have preferred the UK government to have declared war at the time of the Fatwa, but sadly they where too spineless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

Israel has been threatening Iran for decades. Israel has nukes. Iran feels threatened. Enough for me my friend. They need deterence.

Israel was a solid Iranian ALLY until 1979.  With the advent of a virulent Islamic regime, all that ended and it has been Iran that has been doing the threatening.  And much more than that. They have made war by terror proxies and agents all over the region.  Or did Shapour Bakhtiar cut his own head off in Paris?  Did the Khobar towers implode spontaneously?  Support whoever you wish to support but don't imagine that others are unaware of Iran's crimes over the years or the fact that once they have their nukes, a regional war will follow at some point.  Likely, a nuclear war.

27 minutes ago, and then said:

Israel was a solid Iranian ALLY until 1979.  With the advent of a virulent Islamic regime, all that ended and it has been Iran that has been doing the threatening.  And much more than that. They have made war by terror proxies and agents all over the region.  Or did Shapour Bakhtiar cut his own head off in Paris?  Did the Khobar towers implode spontaneously?  Support whoever you wish to support but don't imagine that others are unaware of Iran's crimes over the years or the fact that once they have their nukes, a regional war will follow at some point.  Likely, a nuclear war.

Iran is not only party which did crimes. Some of mentioned ones do crimes on daily basis so we can not blame Iran only here for something which everyone does. If it was only case with Iran than i would agree with you and say that you are 100% correct but that simply is not true.

Relevant to the thread, @and then?

Trump reversing Obama's nuclear certs for Iran.

Trump Walking Away from Renewed Nuclear Deal with Iran

On Friday several media outlets confirmed what has been suspected in Washington and foreign capitals for some time: that Trump will overrule his top national security aides and will not certify the 2015 international nuclear deal with Iran, on the grounds that it does not serve US security interests.

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

Relevant to the thread, @and then?

Trump reversing Obama's nuclear certs for Iran.

Trump Walking Away from Renewed Nuclear Deal with Iran

How can we expect any nations to deal with us in the future when whomever comes into office next will just tear up any deals their predecessors made? 

Its a bad look for sure. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

How can we expect any nations to deal with us in the future when whomever comes into office next will just tear up any deals their predecessors made? 

Its a bad look for sure. 

I'm pretty sure this happens with every Government, in every country. Unless the people elect the same party a second time, any one who takes Office is going to have their own ideas of how to run things. 

It's a big part of that "inefficient Government" stuff we keep hearing about lol. Whoever takes the helm after Trump is going to reverse a lot of his policies, I'm sure. Around and around we go dude.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, and then said:

That is the problem. You are old enough to remember 444 but not old enough to remember what was before that. You take one point in history disregarding why it came to that point. Simply put, if you do not like anyone to mindle in your countries business then other countries have the same right.

• Like 2

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

I'm pretty sure this happens with every Government, in every country. Unless the people elect the same party a second time, any one who takes Office is going to have their own ideas of how to run things. 

It's a big part of that "inefficient Government" stuff we keep hearing about lol. Whoever takes the helm after Trump is going to reverse a lot of his policies, I'm sure. Around and around we go dude.

I guess I saw a change in policy direction as a different thing than actually ripping up deals we've made , I totally could be wrong though. Is that actually normal? 

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I guess I saw a change in policy direction as a different thing than actually ripping up deals we've made , I totally could be wrong though. Is that actually normal? 

Little of what Trump has done is "normal" for Government. Circumventing the top people to impose his ideas is just...Trump. It's how he's always done business before he took Office.

I don't have much to add to this topic other than the link I posted. Personally, I don't think all countries are ready for the responsibility that comes with nuclear power. Some countries should sort out their religious and political landscape before the first world hands them the keys to Armageddon.  Iran is one of those countries.

• Like 1