Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran threatens war over renewed sanctions

and-then

On 10/8/2017 at 7:32 PM, and then said:

You have access to the world through the internet.  Do you not see what other nations say about your country?  Do you disbelieve it all?  

Irony at its finest.

Regarding Iran's threats I am not worried. I don't fear any nation. 

Regarding America being responsible for all the worlds problems obviously that's not true. We do screw over everyone we can (including ourselves) but every country in the world does this to the best of their ability since it's the only way to gain power. The US has tons of problems and I think as a proud US citizen that I have a sort of civic duty to find problems and fix them. Going tit for tat as to who's worse than who isn't helpful. 

Anthony Bourdain had a cool episode where he traveled to Iran, check it out. I'd love to go. Food looks amazing and they love American muscle cars.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, internetperson said:

Irony at its finest.

Regarding Iran's threats I am not worried. I don't fear any nation. 

Regarding America being responsible for all the worlds problems obviously that's not true. We do screw over everyone we can (including ourselves) but every country in the world does this to the best of their ability since it's the only way to gain power. The US has tons of problems and I think as a proud US citizen that I have a sort of civic duty to find problems and fix them. Going tit for tat as to who's worse than who isn't helpful. 

Anthony Bourdain had a cool episode where he traveled to Iran, check it out. I'd love to go. Food looks amazing and they love American muscle cars.

I'd love to travel there myself, under different circumstances.  Hopefully, the crazy old fanatics that control the place with an iron grip will all die off at some point.  

On 10/9/2017 at 1:17 PM, The_V_Spirit said:

Well to be honest i don't really think you should be worried that much about the death to america chants . They have been saying it since the beginning of the islamic revolution. consider it as a regular taunt. The system here doesn't like the US to interfer in our affairs because of how the US treated us even b4 the revolution.

You know, if I hear about 1953 one more time .... <_<

That 64 year-old excuse has been used to justify ever single one of the Islamic Dictator's excesses since 1979. When is that ever going to get old?

I would have thought that after what happened to the Greens in 2009 would have given you people a more important set of dates and events to remember.

I think @Sir Smoke aLot put it well together in some detail about what i'm trying to say. you know i want to say something but i don't know if it's a good idea to say it on the internet since..well..u know    ;)

Yes, we know, the Revolutionary Guards are likely to pay you a visit in any event, and that will be the last we ever hear from you.

Anyway it's just a traditional defense mechanism. It's like a dude standing behind the window with a weapon trying to defend his family from suspicious strangers by yelling at them to bug off or taunting them. lol . I know it sounds ridiculous but that's what they believe.

No, I don't see it that way.

I see it more like what goes on in the Ayatollah's closest ally; North Korea. Those mass rallies with their hate-chants are meant to keep the masses fired-up and ready for war, the real kind.

In regards to the people here (especially the youth), we ain't got no problem with y'all :). We actually get along with the american people. Just look at Cali for example. before the revolution our pilots were trained by the US respectfully. We the youth are most into the universal trends and mainstream stuff, and we enjoy it as much as you do. I study English translation and literature in the university here which uses american accents. So don't get me wrong regarding the internet thing you've said earlier. I don't rely only on the news spread over here. I try to see it by different angles from reading news online and watching CNN and BBC and other news media through the web and satellite receivers. Although just like i said, we can't really trust the media that much. We should see and analyze things from different perspectives; not just through one dimension. This goes for everyone around the world

This .... is actually true.

I can't figure it out, but it is one hell of a fine testament to the basic goodness of human nature. After generations of life under a rabidly anti-American government, and even being thrown in jail for making a harmless dancing video... this sort of goodwill is still alive.

Kudos to you guys, but does this have even the slightest effect on Government policy over there?

you're right about the initial conflict ( if it'll ever happen!) between US and Iran in Syria before coming down to their homelands (which i hope not for the sake of innocent people on both sides). 

More truth.

I think any US involvement in Syria or anything else in that part of the world is a serious mistake. It does not matter why, all that matters is that it makes no difference what we try to do, or how, or for whom, it always turns out to be a costly disaster. 

We should go, and just let China do as it pleases with the entire region. 

They sure wouldn't put up with any nonsense. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, odas said:

Simply put, if you do not like anyone to mindle in your countries business then other countries have the same right.

Meanwhile, criminals and so called religious radicals are free to promote their ways and lunacy all over the world. Whats even worse is that many nations surely would ( some might do to large extent ) use those groups for their own goals which, in return, made those criminal groups ( such as al nusra, isis ) cappable of waging wars against weaker nations. Imagine if Mexican cartels start to invade countries lol and this is where disrespect of international laws leads us.

[edit] to add : it was crazy to see al nusra thugs using TOW missile launchers, that's crazy man imagine one of those making way to cities in Europe? it's not very far from ME and there is decades long criminal traffic network between Europe and drug production in Afghanistan, Turkey etc. Transit of weapons is very possible threat and i am not sure how hard is it looked upon.

17 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Some countries should sort out their religious and political landscape before the first world hands them the keys to Armageddon.  Iran is one of those countries.

As for Iran having religion interlinked with government being a problem when nukes come into play, keep in mind that Israel ( for example ) has nukes for quite a long time and they are also highly religious society even tho they are secular on the paper. Whole essence of Israel is based on God given rights, their officials are even discussing coming of antichrist with their Rabbis and in one instance Mr. Bibi was demanded to '' speed up process of Messiah's return '' ( his visit to Rabbi in Jerusalem in 1990s ).

For me it would be quite an easy task to make a case about nukes already being in possesion of society which is highly dependant on religion and all it's parts, armageddon especially.

Empty accusations have lead us to this point, if my future will be decided over what i could do then i do not wonna live in such environment, that's not freedom. Freedom is in free education, free healthcare... Such things. And we are far from that.

Edited by Sir Smoke aLot
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Relevant to the thread, @and then?

Trump reversing Obama's nuclear certs for Iran.

Trump Walking Away from Renewed Nuclear Deal with Iran

Every relevant study has pointed out how important this deal is and that Iran complies and behave respectfully towards it, even tho there are alleged minor disrepancies but i haven't been able to find detailed texts those 'violations' ( maybe missile tests, which were no part of the deal at all but medias love tasty headlines ). There were tough sanctions for decades and Iran has profit from this deal very much but USA did too. Smart diplomat would use this time frame of the deal and work towards sort of buying Iran with peaceful narative and offers which would highly promote international trade.

If money keeps flowing, walls will be broken. There are so many ways to adress the problem, with North Korea too. And all those ways are through diplomacy, not tru war.

• Like 2

...I just wrote an articulate reply to you folks with multi quotes and all but it got deleted somehow. First time that's happened to  me on this forum. Son. Of. A. b****. That's annoying as hell. I'm not gonna write it all out again but I was just posting how it's not true that US troops 'mow down innocent people' and I don't think Iran should have nukes. It's not because it's Iran, I just don't think there's a good reason for anybody to have them whatsoever.

...I just wrote an articulate reply to you folks with multi quotes and all but it got deleted somehow. First time that's happened to  me on this forum. Son. Of. A. b****. That's annoying as hell. I'm not gonna write it all out again but I was just posting how it's not true that US troops 'mow down innocent people' and I don't think Iran should have nukes. It's not because it's Iran, I just don't think there's a good reason for anybody to have them whatsoever.

Agree. Noone should be alowed to have nukes.

Do not agree with your statement that US is not harming innocent people. Let us not indulge in myths. I am a supporter of USA but let us be truthfull to others and ourself. Innocent people are being killed by anyone who shoots or dropps bombs and US is not an exception.

• Like 2

I never said that US isn't harming innocent people. I said it's not true that US troops mow down innocent people. Maybe we translate that differently.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, internetperson said:

I never said that US isn't harming innocent people. I said it's not true that US troops mow down innocent people. Maybe we translate that differently.

Sorry man :

Wikileaks reveals video showing US air crew shooting down Iraqi civilians 

Confessions from U.S. Soldiers in Iraq on the Brutal Treatment of Civilians 

Interviews with 50 Iraq war veterans reveal disturbing patterns of behavior by US troops in Iraq against innocent civilians -- brutal acts that often go unreported and almost always go unpunished.

Im in no way posting this as any kind of an indictment of the soldiers and sailors. War is hell, unnecessary offensive war under the guise of something else even more so, however the fact remains that it is happening. 

Farmer I think I've said it before but it applies to this topic as well: I think if we actually could sit down face to face and have a convo we'd be lock step in the same idea as to what's right. Make sense?

And now to ruin my friendly introduction, you didn't post a good example of how much damage we do to other countries. If you wanted to do that then talk about our 'dual use sanctions,' the iran-contra, or how we looked the other way when Iraq gassed Iran during the war. 

It's commonly understood that it's hard to differentiate friend from foe in war and that video proved my point. And how many vets do you know? How many have you talked to that have been outraged at our rules of engagement? I won't post what I'm speaking yet cause if I do I'm sure everyone will chime in with they know dozens of soldiers and I'm crazy. I wanna hear it before I post it. Our rules of engagement are ****ed and gives the opposition the advantage. 

All that being said I will say I want to make my position clear that I don't think we should go to war with anybody. Especially not in the middle east. We could crush Iran in no time but that will fan the flames of terrorist organizations. I don't blame them. If someone kills my entire family and I have nothing to live for then the only thing left I have is revenge.

• Like 1

Farmer I think I've said it before but it applies to this topic as well: I think if we actually could sit down face to face and have a convo we'd be lock step in the same idea as to what's right. Make sense?

And now to ruin my friendly introduction, you didn't post a good example of how much damage we do to other countries. If you wanted to do that then talk about our 'dual use sanctions,' the iran-contra, or how we looked the other way when Iraq gassed Iran during the war. 

It's commonly understood that it's hard to differentiate friend from foe in war and that video proved my point. And how many vets do you know? How many have you talked to that have been outraged at our rules of engagement? I won't post what I'm speaking yet cause if I do I'm sure everyone will chime in with they know dozens of soldiers and I'm crazy. I wanna hear it before I post it. Our rules of engagement are ****ed and gives the opposition the advantage. 

All that being said I will say I want to make my position clear that I don't think we should go to war with anybody. Especially not in the middle east. We could crush Iran in no time but that will fan the flames of terrorist organizations. I don't blame them. If someone kills my entire family and I have nothing to live for then the only thing left I have is revenge.

Yeah man I dont argue any of that, I was simply challenging your contention that our troops arent mowing down innocent people. I mean you can get caught up on semantics I guess but the reality is our troops are at times killing innocents, based on some of the testimony sometimes willingly. 

I do know many who say the rules of engagement are ****ed, the problem is since we're the aggressor they almost have to be or we're just a straight up evil empire destroying nations for profit and glory. Like i said my speaking plainly about whats happened and what is happening is in no way a knock on the soldiers and sailors doing the fighting, its all about the messed up priorities that put them there in the first place. 

Edit to add, I think you're right and would love to have a sit down conversation with you and many others on the board!!!!! 

Edited by Farmer77

16 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

You know, if I hear about 1953 one more time .... <_<

That 64 year-old excuse has been used to justify ever single one of the Islamic Dictator's excesses since 1979. When is that ever going to get old?

I would have thought that after what happened to the Greens in 2009 would have given you people a more important set of dates and events to remember.

It's not just about 1953. US has meddled into other nation's affairs for a very long time. history has evidence. 

I also remember what happened in 2009, and yes it's tragic and it wasn't the first protest either. But war is not the answer my friend. 

16 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

This .... is actually true.

I can't figure it out, but it is one hell of a fine testament to the basic goodness of human nature. After generations of life under a rabidly anti-American government, and even being thrown in jail for making a harmless dancing video... this sort of goodwill is still alive.

Kudos to you guys, but does this have even the slightest effect on Government policy over there?

I appreciate it. It's good to see people around the world understanding the situations of "real" Iranians.

Iran has changed a lot since the spark of the revolution. I mean yes, most laws are still the same, but it has also been curbed and taken lighter nowadays. people are more aware now and are more educated. That's all i can say for now, i'm not going into details!:D

5 minutes ago, The_V_Spirit said:

It's not just about 1953. US has meddled into other nation's affairs for a very long time. history has evidence. 

I also remember what happened in 2009, and yes it's tragic and it wasn't the first protest either. But war is not the answer my friend. 

I appreciate it. It's good to see people around the world understanding the situations of "real" Iranians.

Iran has changed a lot since the spark of the revolution. I mean yes, most laws are still the same, but it has also been curbed and taken lighter nowadays. people are more aware now and are more educated. That's all i can say for now, i'm not going into details!:D

Hey ive got a slightly off topic question for you. 

Forgive my ignorance on such things but are you allowed to just up and leave your nation? I was reading your post and realized how little I know about your nation. 

3 hours ago, internetperson said:

Yes i apologize for the way i mentioned it. I've never meant to say the US does it on purpose, but they also don't really care about the civilians of the countries which they attack. just look around us. Hell, even the Abu Ghraib sexual abuses seem to have also vanished from your minds... I know my government has many flaws (trust me i live here and u will never understand the rough situation we live in), but that doesn't mean a country like the US, which has an unquenchable thirst for power, can come and tear my country and my people apart..hell naw!

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmmm yeah...I've literally explained this chant your referring to in previous posts.  Both sides are threatening each other. But US seems smarter. They show themselves the faithful heroes to the world while they are the ones behind 9/11, they are the ones who created ISIS, and a lot of other things which they won't accept, and whoever sees these conspiracies are labeled as a conspiracy loony! 

US like any other nation drowned in power, only thinks about its own benefits and improvement to the top. fighting terrorism and bringing peace and joy to the world is just an excuse. All an illusion!  ;) 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Hey ive got a slightly off topic question for you. 

Forgive my ignorance on such things but are you allowed to just up and leave your nation? I was reading your post and realized how little I know about your nation. 

No it's cool. feel free to ask anything my friend! i'm a bit stoned right now so pardon me if i reply in slo-mo! :lol:

Well to be honest i didn't quite get your question. Do you mean that am i allowed to leave the country currently due to political tensions or do u just meant it in general? 

Just now, The_V_Spirit said:

No it's cool. feel free to ask anything my friend! i'm a bit stoned right now so pardon me if i reply in slo-mo! :lol:

Well to be honest i didn't quite get your question. Do you mean that am i allowed to leave the country currently due to political tensions or do u just meant it in general? 

Oh i just meant in general. Can you go on vacation for instance , at all or  without being looked at as a spy when you get home that kind of thing. 

Whatya smokin on over there? My name aint farmer cuz I grow corn! 

• Like 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Oh i just meant in general. Can you go on vacation for instance , at all or  without being looked at as a spy when you get home that kind of thing. 

Whatya smokin on over there? My name aint farmer cuz I grow corn! 

Well yeah we can go on vacations. Actually i went to Georgia about two months ago. It as ok even before. I went to New Zealand due to my Dad's education with my family when i was only around 2 years old. We continued living in Canada and Australia until i was about 11 years old. Also our return to Iran was not compulsory it was my Dad's choice. I have two brothers who are Australian citizens living in Sydney married and living a good life. Anyway i didn't wanted to bore you with my brief bio. I just wanted to let you know how easy it is to just leave the country. Although if i have done anything against the Islamic republic and was an political activist, obviously i would be considered as a spy and be sentenced to prison (at least!). North Korea is just way worse when it comes to control and dictatorship. Still thank God!

lol yeah i've noticed your name and profile pics are just shouting it man!:D

Just Mary Jane. Northern lights at the moment.  I'm glad i've never wanted to use any hard drugs. I even hate opiates. Making people sleepy and drowsy and dependent.

I enjoy the creativity since i'm a musician and just love and feel music. Like all things in life though it must be in moderation!;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_V_Spirit said:

Well yeah we can go on vacations. Actually i went to Georgia about two months ago. It as ok even before. I went to New Zealand due to my Dad's education with my family when i was only around 2 years old. We continued living in Canada and Australia until i was about 11 years old. Also our return to Iran was not compulsory it was my Dad's choice. I have two brothers who are Australian citizens living in Sydney married and living a good life. Anyway i didn't wanted to bore you with my brief bio. I just wanted to let you know how easy it is to just leave the country. Although if i have done anything against the Islamic republic and was an political activist, obviously i would be considered as a spy and be sentenced to prison (at least!). North Korea is just way worse when it comes to control and dictatorship. Still thank God!

Ok very cool. I dont know exactly what I expected but I think i had envisioned a much more dystopian process. I really appreciate you broadening my worldview a bit! 

12 minutes ago, The_V_Spirit said:

Just Mary Jane. Northern lights at the moment.  I'm glad i've never wanted to use any hard drugs. I even hate opiates. Making people sleepy and drowsy and dependent.

Very nice! While I cant say I never used hard drugs ( I used cocaine once - for a year LOL) that was damn near another lifetime ago, today I dont even drink alcohol. Pot however saved my life due to MS and a great love affair began LOL 

Whats the legal status of it over there?  You're using a known strain so Im assuming its locally grown and not the infamous mexican brick weed ? .......dont say anything that might possibly get you in trouble LOL 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Ok very cool. I dont know exactly what I expected but I think i had envisioned a much more dystopian process. I really appreciate you broadening my worldview a bit! 

Thank you that's nice of you to say. Well it's not your fault to think of us that way. Propaganda and stereotyping is the culprit. World elites don't want people like you and me get along with each other because of all the rivalry for power. If only we could just let our guards and weapons down and embrace positivity and love by uniting with each other and head towards peace and improvement. Something which humans should be focusing on. We should learn from nature and ,more importantly, history. But i guess we're just selfish and stubborn and may never learn...

Well it is illegal. But you won't go to jail for it that easy. You'll probably just go to rehab. Unless your a dealer. That's a different story.

Just like over there, we too grow indoors and outdoors. You can also buy original compacted seeds brought from Holland and other countries. 

Far out, this thread has seemed to take a different turn! hope we don't get busted by the administrators! lol :D

12 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

For me it would be quite an easy task to make a case about nukes already being in possesion of society which is highly dependant on religion and all it's parts, armageddon especially.

Ridiculously false equivalency you're trying to make there.  The people of Israel are life-affirming and create technologies that save lives all over the world.  Iran's leaders deal death to the rest of the world.  Period.  You can spin whatever rhetoric you like but it doesn't make it accurate.  Unless the IRGC backs off in Syria, it is going to get BUSTED by the combined arms of Israel.  After that, the real story will begin, I guess. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The_V_Spirit said:

Yes i apologize for the way i mentioned it. I've never meant to say the US does it on purpose, but they also don't really care about the civilians of the countries which they attack. just look around us. Hell, even the Abu Ghraib sexual abuses seem to have also vanished from your minds... I know my government has many flaws (trust me i live here and u will never understand the rough situation we live in), but that doesn't mean a country like the US, which has an unquenchable thirst for power, can come and tear my country and my people apart..hell naw!

Honestly bud I gotta say the same thing I said to farmer: if we could actually sit down and talk this out I think we'd realize we're on the same page.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, internetperson said:

Honestly bud I gotta say the same thing I said to farmer: if we could actually sit down and talk this out I think we'd realize we're on the same page.

Does it occur to you that this individual - who might be exactly what and who he says he is - might also be a paid member of the government on here to spread disinfo?  The reason this occurs to me is that I've only ever seen one other person claiming to be from Iran and he stopped coming here long ago.  With the government there being known to heavily censor the net: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2013/08/15/heres-how-iran-censors-the-internet/?utm_term=.4a30373fd3f5

https://www.ifex.org/iran/2017/06/20/internet-censorship/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-internet-censorship/iran-expands-smart-internet-censorship-idUSKBN0K40SE20141226

It's just something to consider.  If he IS legit, then I hope he stays safe from the thugs that run his country.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Im in no way posting this as any kind of an indictment of the soldiers and sailors.

In fact, that is exactly what you are doing.

Always taking the most negative possible spin on everything you have to say about everything and everyone America says far more than any little disclaimer you tack on to the end of it.

War is hell, unnecessary offensive war under the guise of something else even more so, however the fact remains that it is happening. 

BOTH of the items you present are ten years old. So, no, it isn't happening, it happened.

A few things;

Have you never heard of Sadr City? I did, but then again, I was there. Which makes me one of the people you are trying to smear.

Yes, I do take this personally. It is outrageous and offensive and a brutally political move to use combat footage to make American Soldiers look like savage monsters, but it is nothing new. The Enemies of the USA, communists primarily,  have been doing it since cameras were invented. 

As for that first clip; it needed 3 minutes of editorializing in the first 3 minutes and 2 more at the end to tell people what they should think about 8 minutes of content. 

There was no "laughter", only a sarcastic "hahaha" when one Helo got in the way of another. And the other "Ha" over the running over of one dead body was a jab at the foolishness of the driver. The Airedales can get like that, anyone who does not fly is beneath them, ever all.

Two little white spots are supposed to be kids? I challenge anyone to tell that, either from the footage in normal view or the blow-up they used at the end. The guys who dashed out to grab bodies were generally from the same terrorist gangs, trying to hide the identity of any VIPs our guys nailed. Using kids for Human Shields was common, especially in Sadr City. 

And where did this loony idea that Reporters can be IDed from a mile away come from, or the crazier notion that Reporters are inviolable... even if they insert themselves into a Terrorist Cell? (Yes, I call them Terrorists, and so would YOU if you ever saw what those guys did to Iraqi civilians, and they did it slowly)

"offensive war under the guise of something else"

At the time, liberating 25 million people from a vicious dictator sure seemed like a good idea, didn't it?

But, as it turns out, that is the only sort of Govt that is appropriate for that damnable place. How were we to know, until we tried?

A couple things for you -

1; name a country that had the kind of power the USA did over the rest of the world for a quarter of a century, and abused it less than we did.

2; name a country that isn't trying to influence the rest of the world, to the best of its ability.

• Like 1